Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud Evo

Vapes no longer in production
I have thought that the Calyx is going to benefit from frequent "lightish" cleaning rather than letting it go for a while and then trying a "deep" cleaning.
That's my thought as well. I think if there's a lot of build up it's going to be very difficult to get clean.

All this cleaning talk aside... I really do like the Calyx. It has made the EVO a daily driver again for me because of the ease of use with it.

Well I did the 'big clean' of all my dirty glass and soaked the Calyx in some pre-mixed PBW. And... winner winner chicken dinner. @bener 's method worked perfectly with the Calyx.

I now dub it the 'bener method.' :biggrin:

So glad that your big clean was a success!!! The 'bener method', now that's too funny :rofl:

I'm experimenting and using homemade cranberry concentrate with water in my Calyx this weekend, I want to see if it makes any difference in cleanliness and how I enjoy my Calyx.

So glad that your big clean was a success!!! The 'bener method', now that's too funny :rofl:

I'm experimenting and using homemade cranberry concentrate with water in my Calyx this weekend, I want to see if it makes any difference in cleanliness and how I enjoy my Calyx.
My caution about cranberry extract to help reduce reclaim accumulation is that it also promotes bacterial growth. If you change your water every couple of days, no problem. But if you put a WP up on a shelf and left it there for a week or so, you may well find a large, hairy black growth (I did...it was quite the bacterial metropolis they had going there for a while).

My caution about cranberry extract to help reduce reclaim accumulation is that it also promotes bacterial growth

Indeed it does, fungal growth too.

I have been tweaking my cranberry extract “recipe” to inhibit growth. I don’t add sugar but have added citric acid and sea salt. I store my extract in the refrigerator and a small amount keeps at room temperature for a few days.

For me, this is mostly a non-issue as I change water regularly. My use of cranberry extract is primarily to reduce buildup, especially when using concentrates, rather than eliminate water changes, though reducing those is certainly welcome.

@duff

Great to see you on the EVO bandwagon finally!!
I was in on the original campaign and whatever upgrades they have made since then have been excellent!
My new EVO is about 5 months old and is way better than the original one, it just milks so easily!

So I LOVE my EVO and I like all of my interactions with VXH and I rather like Seibo's positive attitude and energy as shown in his vid blogs and such.

I find, as a solo med patient who vapes mostly at night for pain and sedation, that I use my EVO most out of all of my vapes. Its easy and it hits like a 16 lb sledge hammer.

BUT, if you ever get a bit of herb into your HT its a MAJOR PIA to get that shit out! LOL

I have now done this twice. Once was the first night I got it, hit an ELB or two, got so high I forgot to put the lid on the ELB, and promptly sucked the load into my Turbine HT. It was very funny....if you weren't me panicking cause it ain't easy to figure out how to get that crap out (and yes, I'm anal and don't want Scooby snacks in my WPs haha).

Segue a couple of years down the road and I either didn't put the lid on firmly or it was just lose cause I sucked the lid off and, again, got flower in my HT (sigh).

So, what happens is that the little flakes of flower absorb water and expand and ain't coming out the way it went in.

If you look at HT's in the bottom and top chambers are little slits, 90 degrees out from each other (that is, top vice bottom) and to try to get the herb (or even all of the water) you need to keep reorienting it in space to get it through that set of slits and then out the MP. Reminds me (and yes, I'm about to date myself) of the little hand held games that they would have at Howard Johnson's (there's the date thing) and other road side type places where you had to tilt it back and forth to get a ball through the maze. Same sort of exercise with the HT.

Now, I discovered and VXH confirmed that the only way to get this stuff out is to put water in through the bottom and then try to get it all out the MP end. I use a NV fine grinder and most of it came out easily but there was a larger clump, swollen with water, and hence too big to get out through the slits.

I used PBW for most of my glass cleaning but it wasn't breaking down this clump that just WOULD NOT COME OUT!! haha

So, 99% ISO, let it sit for a bit, then vigorous shaking with ISO still in there finally broke it down to the point I could get it through the slits and out of the MP. Probably spent 30-40 minutes screwing with it (yeah, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer).

That is truly my only complaint about the EVO is that the HT's can sometimes be a PIA to clean. I see a lot of other complex glass with the same issues. Clean it...hell, it takes ten minutes just to guide all of the water out of it! LOL

My only other thought on the EVO, and this is more a desire than a complaint, is that I would like one that I can leave on for some hours at a time. It heats up fairly quickly...for a desktop...but still, I would love it if I could leave it on for an evening without having to refresh the on/off button position.

Cheers and have a great day from the Baron residence where our HT is now again sparkling clean. :headbang:

Last edited:
So I LOVE my EVO and I like all of my interactions with VXH and I rather like Seibo's positive attitude and energy as shown in his vid blogs and such.

I find, as a solo med patient who vapes mostly at night for pain and sedation, that I use my EVO most out of all of my vapes. Its easy and it hits like a 16 lb sledge hammer.

BUT, if you ever get a bit of herb into your HT its a MAJOR PIA to get that shit out! LOL

I have now done this twice. Once was the first night I got it, hit an ELB or two, got so high I forgot to put the lid on the ELB, and promptly sucked the load into my Turbine HT. It was very funny....if you weren't me panicking cause it ain't easy to figure out how to get that crap out (and yes, I'm anal and don't want Scooby snacks in my WPs haha).

Segue a couple of years down the road and I either didn't put the lid on firmly or it was just lose cause I sucked the lid off and, again, got flower in my HT (sigh).

So, what happens is that the little flakes of flower absorb water and expand and ain't coming out the way it went in.

If you look at HT's in the bottom and top chambers are little slits, 90 degrees out from each other (that is, top vice bottom) and to try to get the herb (or even all of the water) you need to keep reorienting it in space to get it through that set of slits and then out the MP. Reminds me (and yes, I'm about to date myself) of the little hand held games that they would have at Howard Johnson's (there's the date thing) and other road side type places where you had to tilt it back and forth to get a ball through the maze. Same sort of exercise with the HT.

Now, I discovered and VXH confirmed that the only way to get this stuff out is to put water in through the bottom and then try to get it all out the MP end. I use a NV fine grinder and most of it came out easily but there was a larger clump, swollen with water, and hence too big to get out through the slits.

I used PBW for most of my glass cleaning but it wasn't breaking down this clump that just WOULD NOT COME OUT!! haha

So, 99% ISO, let it sit for a bit, then vigorous shaking with ISO still in there finally broke it down to the point I could get it through the slits and out of the MP. Probably spent 30-40 minutes screwing with it (yeah, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer).

That is truly my only complaint about the EVO is that the HT's can sometimes be a PIA to clean. I see a lot of other complex glass with the same issues. Clean it...hell, it takes ten minutes just to guide all of the water out of it! LOL

My only other thought on the EVO, and this is more a desire than a complaint, is that I would like one that I can leave on for some hours at a time. It heats up fairly quickly...for a desktop...but still, I would love it if I could leave it on for an evening without having to refresh the on/off button position.

Cheers and have a great day from the Baron residence where our HT is now again sparkling clean. :headbang:
I use the EVO all day long?

Iv never really considered the turbine ht i have to be difficult to clean.. even with the odd rouge organic matter involved... when that does happen, I jet it from the bottom with a high pressure tap.... Seems to always blast it through...

If there are no particles to worry about, I do this...

1. Run very hot water through from the bottom to loosen the oils....

2. Fill with iso from bottom, and shake for a few mins....

3. Pour iso back into container for repeated use another time...

4. Rinse again with hot water from bottom...

5. Finally rinse through with bottled spring water to avoid any water marks...

Job done...

Iv never needed pbw.. all my pieces are exceptionally clean...

Iv never really considered the turbine ht i have to be difficult to clean.. even with the odd rouge organic matter involved... when that does happen, I jet it from the bottom with a high pressure tap.... Seems to always blast it through...

If there are no particles to worry about, I do this...

1. Run very hot water through from the bottom to loosen the oils....

2. Fill with iso from bottom, and shake for a few mins....

3. Pour iso back into container for repeated use another time...

4. Rinse again with hot water from bottom...

5. Finally rinse through with bottled spring water to avoid any water marks...

Job done...

Iv never needed pbw.. all my pieces are exceptionally clean...
Hi Kelly - yeah, I get that's how you clean an HT (water in from the bottom) but my experience is that on those occasions where I got herb up in the chambers, it was a total bitch to get it all out again.

HT's are not alone in this and I believe glass makers should consider usage functions, like emptying and cleaning, when designing complex rigs.

Last edited:
Been using my GonG dry for about 2 weeks. Wet enters into many of the cleaning probs that require heavier work and cleaning product. Experimented with things and then some tipsy setup broke my CB and Flask.:buenrollo: Fortunately, I had my eye on this piece below. Easy to clean, MP has been clipped, and it is isn't as tall and tipsy. :biggrin: I have the VH glass in the pic but I usually use different straight adapters with the main piece right side up. The EVO doesn't fit the long gap between the top and socket.

Yes those are water droplets. Now a simple drying technique would help me more now than a cleaning method for water pieces.

For the dry pairing of the two, I was able to swap ISO between my Lynx and this rig to clean and disinfect.

Other thing. I was faked out and was hoping there was a sidecar air path like the CB that I list. Nope. Just a holder. On the lookout for a rig with a side car and maybe a removable MP.
289MpNT.jpg

Have you tried a hand held hair dryer?
If the one I have surfaces. I have used the EQ as well. It is the shop vac of vapes. :science:The right rinse pattern to not leave hard water deposits would be ideal. No hardware or little as needed at the end. Pretty much a method of trying to get the bulk of the water to slide off naturally. I'll direct it to the science thread at some point.

With dry vaping, it mostly reclaim and heavy materials. So that avoids a host of issues. But I do have PBW for any water pieces.

My latest held belief with the EVO is that if you can cool the vapor enough and get it at a certain consistency and density, then water only takes away from that. It is a matter of conditioning the vapor with the Gong you have, is my held opinion ATM.

Have a few ideas for dry 'chamber' sessions that I might come up with later.....

If the one I have surfaces. I have used the EQ as well. It is the shop vac of vapes. :science:The right rinse pattern to not leave hard water deposits would be ideal. No hardware or little as needed at the end. Pretty much a method of trying to get the bulk of the water to slide off naturally. I'll direct it to the science thread at some point.

With dry vaping, it mostly reclaim and heavy materials. So that avoids a host of issues. But I do have PBW for any water pieces.

My latest held belief with the EVO is that if you can cool the vapor enough and get it at a certain consistency and density, then water only takes away from that. It is a matter of conditioning the vapor with the Gong you have, is my held opinion ATM.

Have a few ideas for dry 'chamber' sessions that I might come up with later.....
I don't live in a hard water area, but nonetheless after cleaning my glass I rinse it out with some distilled water. I dry the outside and the inside is on its own and comes out pretty dang good.

Talking about no water....had a buddy of mine, a younger man (35) from my skeet club who stayed overnight during a recent tournament with the intention of going on the survey tour of Baron23's vapes and enails. We had done round one some few months ago but didn't get very far and he went and bought a Solo II (which I do not have)

Well, it was a good plan but once again my buddy faded early and just couldn't hang (hell, we never even got to the butane vapes and enails!! LOL).

But I guess I was faded too as I brought out the EVO and the HT that I had cleaned just the day before. It wasn't until we finished the sessions with it that I notice that there was no water in it. Never filled it after cleaning. I have to say, it was still smooth and was REAL thick. May stay with that for a while.

Cheers

I rinse it out with some distilled water. I dry the outside and the inside is on its own and comes out pretty dang good.
Funny you should mention that. After I cleaned my piece, and flushed it with hot water, I splashed it with some ISO to sanitize then rinsed all that with distilled water. Fortunately, I can get to the all the space inside my piece thru the 14mm socket hole. No tight corners or contours to worry about.

Hard water and PBW. :BangHead: Maybe I should boil distilled water and PBW for the final rinse for my HT and Lynx? The only two unbroken pieces I have.

Another KISS water piece. The D020 might work upside down as well. It has a flat top. So It might function as a dry chamber, if the MP is behaved. Or conventional with the EVO upside down.
It wasn't until we finished the sessions with it that I notice that there was no water in it. Never filled it after cleaning. I have to say, it was still smooth and was REAL thick. May stay with that for a while.

Now you are getting why dry with EVO is fly. :biggrin: I stayed with it for a few weeks trying different GonG setups. Finding the best way to extract and get that sweeter lung full of thick vapor that doesn't cause your throat to tickle or scratch. The sweet spot. :angel2:

Essentially, A large chamber where the vapor can become thicker and made cooler as you draw. Just how much can you make that inside volume look like a frosted light bulb, just before clearing it. :ko:
So that is why I want a hassle free, dry setup with a chamber where the EVO is the base.
Looking at other dry options. But try to have a setup that is less tipsy and not rely on adapters. :peace:

God dam it i just cracked my last nail...
Still had some moisture in it when i put it in to dry...
I wouldnt mind but they are not cheap..

Now to decide if i buy quartz or not..
I never bothered with it as i rarely used concentrate..
But im using it a few times a week now..

Is there really much difference.???
Is it worth the extra ££££...????
Sure some of you have experienced both...

God dam it i just cracked my last nail...
Still had some moisture in it when i put it in to dry...
I wouldnt mind but they are not cheap..

Now to decide if i buy quartz or not..
I never bothered with it as i rarely used concentrate..
But im using it a few times a week now..

Is there really much difference.???
Is it worth the extra ££££...????
Sure some of you have experienced both...
@Kellya86 i use the EVO a bunch + it`s alway's ready 2 medicate.
I PREFER the quarts.
Get what work's 4 U?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back