Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

It's 115 right now, tomorrow could be a barn burner 115 +. I'm betting on 117. I got married back in june 1990 when we had the hottest day on record. 122. What they don't tell you is back then the official thermometer was located on a asphalt parking lot with no shade. They have since relocated to a different area in shade at Sky Harbor airport. So it's not likely to register 122 again. 235 people died from the heat in 2017 here. The power companies use to turn your power off for non-payment. That was a death sentence for a lot. Now they have to wait till the heat stops before they turn it off. God bless them for caring.
I can't even imagine! I need a cold drink and a fast fan just from hearing this!

I hate to gloat but we have had a cooler summer and spring so far. I don’t like it too hot. It’s been in the lower to mid 70s here in my area - Pacific N.W. we drive 80 miles and we are at the ocean, 60 miles we are at the mountains. Most of the time we have that natural air conditioning but we have had some really hot summers. I finally invested in home air conditioning.

I hate to gloat but we have had a cooler summer and spring so far. I don’t like it too hot. It’s been in the lower to mid 70s here in my area - Pacific N.W. we drive 80 miles and we are at the ocean, 60 miles we are at the mountains. Most of the time we have that natural air conditioning but we have had some really hot summers. I finally invested in home air conditioning.
I'm maybe two miles from the Bay, so the heat usually blows off at night. I use the opening and closing drapes and windows method of cooling, supplemented with many fans and much fussing. There may be spray bottles of water involved soon, as the thermometer inches up.

107738082_3116171478469590_3219387262678159732_n.jpg

97 this morning on our walk. Humidity is up :rant:It's only suppose to be 109 ? JaJaJa Great for working up a sweat. I can remember growing up with no AC ! Everyone had a swamp cooler on their house. Only the really rich had air conditioning back then. :myday: I don't remember it being as hot as it is now. :rofl:My grandma would get a block of ice and stick it in front of a fan ! That was real old school. :biggrin:

97 this morning on our walk. Humidity is up :rant:It's only suppose to be 109 ? JaJaJa Great for working up a sweat. I can remember growing up with no AC ! Everyone had a swamp cooler on their house. Only the really rich had air conditioning back then. :myday: I don't remember it being as hot as it is now. :rofl:My grandma would get a block of ice and stick it in front of a fan ! That was real old school. :biggrin:
I have been known to put a bowl of ice in front of a fan. My grandmother taught me how to "open and close" a house to keep in cool night air during the day, and to carry a fan in my purse for when I'm out. Summer cooking methods were taught. ( I taught my kids, and unless they are homeless, they use these methods for cooling. We live in a Mediterranean climate, so it works much of the time. There are, and will be, some days where we wish we had air conditioning, but we've suffered too much from vented air to be comfortable with it ever again, and we grab the ice. We did put a mister on the front porch, and covered windows with film, etc. The mister is nice, and helps cool the front of the house. None of this is as effective as an air conditioner, but I can't imagine going through Summer here without doing these things.

Maybe some visuals? Short video clips? I've always wanted to see someone fry an egg on the sidewalk. It sounds like you could do a full English breakfast, including toast.
LOLOL I have been thinking about that. I should have done it the last two days that's for sure. IDK about eggs but TOAST for sure ! :rofl:Now I'm thinking I gotta !

Last edited:
I'm becoming deeply suspicious. It's July, I know it's July, but it's not acting like July. This last week, and the next week, it's in the low 70's. It's not that I don't love these temps, I do, it's just that it's 2020, and by now I'm getting a clue to what that means. Clearly, the heat is coming, followed by The Fires. We're getting used to that, so what else could it be? Tsunami (but wouldn't that put out the fires)? Earthquake (nothing new there)? Godzilla?
Aliens land, but aren't cool about it, and aren't here to help us build infrastructure and pyramids?
Make no mistake, these temps mean something, but what? What?

I'm becoming deeply suspicious. It's July, I know it's July, but it's not acting like July. This last week, and the next week, it's in the low 70's. It's not that I don't love these temps, I do, it's just that it's 2020, and by now I'm getting a clue to what that means. Clearly, the heat is coming, followed by The Fires. We're getting used to that, so what else could it be? Tsunami (but wouldn't that put out the fires)? Earthquake (nothing new there)? Godzilla?
Aliens land, but aren't cool about it, and aren't here to help us build infrastructure and pyramids?
Make no mistake, these temps mean something, but what? What?
My money is on Godzilla. :torching: Those aliens are Grey's. All their interested in is world domination not pyramids. :nod: Not to jinx 2020 but ZOMBIES are definitely a strong possibility . Just sayin :yikes:
I agree somethin's in the air! It was only 98 today with clouds. It was just like heaven !:rofl:

It is heating up here in Tacoma/Seattle area with mid to high 80s. I know that seems cool to many of you but we have to gradually get used to the heat around here. I do have a lot of shade and a covered patio, I just watered everything including the patio so it’s cooler.
sipping on ice water.
I remember back in 1978 being 9 months pregnant and we had mid 90s in May. A very hot summer overall. I went two weeks over my due date. It was 98 degrees the day my baby was born. Good times!:buzz:

Every summer for the past 5 years we’ve had Smokey skies come August, September and sometimes into October. The rain seems to wash the air out usually. We have forest fires n central and eastern parts of the state. Occasionally in western WA.

Oregon and Canada have a lot forest or brush fires. When we were driving around Crater Lake area I couldn’t believe the small dried branches and limbs that littered the forest floor everywhere in the wooded areas. It was so dry and hot there at the time - end of June. We saw several different areas that were burnt and were just starting to grow back. Two weeks later there was a huge forest fire in the same place where we had just been. It took a month to get it under control. I know CA is worse, I feel sorry for you. I don’t want it like that here in a few years.

Last edited:
It is heating up here in Tacoma/Seattle area with mid to high 80s. I know that seems cool to many of you but we have to gradually get used to the heat around here. I do have a lot of shade and a covered patio, I just watered everything including the patio so it’s cooler.
sipping on ice water.
I remember back in 1978 being 9 months pregnant and we had mid 90s in May. A very hot summer overall. I went two weeks over my due date. It was 98 degrees the day my baby was born. Good times!:buzz:

Every summer for the past 5 years we’ve had Smokey sky’s come August, September and sometimes into October. The rain seems to wash the air out usually. We have forest fires n central and eastern parts of the state. Occasionally in western WA.

Oregon and Canada have a lot forest or brush fires. When we were driving around Crater Lake area I couldn’t believe the small dried branches and limbs that littered the forest floor everywhere in the wooded areas. It was so dry and hot there at the time - end of June. We saw several different areas that were burnt and were just starting to grow back. Two weeks later there was a huge forest fire in the same place where we had just been. It took a month to get it under control. I know CA is worse, I feel sorry for you. I don’t want it like that here in a few years.
I remember being a breakfast cook on Puget Sound around 78 to 80, and I do remember a summer there when it was 90 degrees for a week or so. I thought I had croaked. it was so humid and hot , it was absolutely miserable cooking inside with no ac ! It was called The Harvester. I'll never forget that place. :nod:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back