Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

Congrats @momofthegoons! I love the Harley growl!

I'm disappointed with my Rattle Can and stevenlmz79. The mouthpiece stem is ~2cm down from the top. That's 10% of the total body height! More than a dozen messages with 'Jane' and nothing is happening. Finally Sally from the Dhgate Resolution Center gets involved and offers me a partial refund.

Lesson learned. Reputation or not, buyer beware.

RC-top.jpg

Don't settle for a partial refund. You got a product that is non functional as described. You should either get a replacement or a full refund.

This is the kind of janke shit that makes me not like the gate.... it's always a gamble. And it's part of the reason I went with a U.S. vendor this time. Not only did I receive the item in under a week, it's a quality piece. Now... whether it's actually a U.S. glass piece or a rebranded Chinese piece remains to be seen lol.

As @momofthegoons said do not settle

Get heavy with them and they will give a full refund or a replacement or both
I have never had too much issues and when I have had the haggle I stick to my guns and get what I paid for or more

Just continue to explain how the product is advertised in pics and videos and how yours is

Say you want your product as advertised and/or a refund

I've never had major issues like you though

Don't settle for a partial refund. You got a product that is non functional as described. You should either get a replacement or a full refund.

This is the kind of janke shit that makes me not like the gate.... it's always a gamble. And it's part of the reason I went with a U.S. vendor this time. Not only did I receive the item in under a week, it's a quality piece. Now... whether it's actually a U.S. glass piece or a rebranded Chinese piece remains to be seen lol.

Partial refund and I keep it. Full refund but I have to ship it back and they reimburse me when they receive it. My cost after the partial refund is <$14. I'll just keep it for that price.

I was planning on ordering another piece or two from stevenlmz79 but will most likely look elsewhere instead. There's a couple nice glass shops in a nearby city. I'll see what they have to offer.

Thanks for all the help and support, folks. :thumbsup:

Partial refund and I keep it. Full refund but I have to ship it back and they reimburse me when they receive it. My cost after the partial refund is <$14. I'll just keep it for that price.

I was planning on ordering another piece or two from stevenlmz79 but will most likely look elsewhere instead. There's a couple nice glass shops in a nearby city. I'll see what they have to offer.

Thanks for all the help and support, folks. :thumbsup:

You just have to be stubborn and say you can't send it unless they send a label for shipping

Pretty much just don't back down

Full refund or product or both

There are other sellers on the gate too

Steven isn't the only one I use and is not the cheapest on there

But I have only had one problem with my first piece arriving broken

They wanted video and return
I said I can't video and can't post back unless they pay and I want a refund or replacement

I got a replacement and didn't have to send anything back

@LesPlenty first RC was not working properly and he had to explain quite a bit before getting a replacement sent which worked

My two RCs have been fine as my sidecar and two mobitowers
I think one cyclone dab rig maybe

Yingmin was a good seller, but I had to haggle over one piece not working properly and it took a while of back and forth before I got a full refund and I keep the piece

Every other piece from different sellers has been fine

Any disputes I have had over late post I have been given refunds or another replacement

I am sorry to hear your experience but think if you stuck to your guns you would get what you rightfully deserve

Hope you have better luck in the future

Thanks,I’m ready to be done with it. I bought a factory 2nd for $15. It works ok but it’s not right. I can live with that. I’d rather not deal with negative people so I’m glad to be done.
I have had only positive interactions on the gate
And pleasant communication
Only had the haggle once with yingmin
Sorry to hear of your experience
I have bought around 15 or more pieces from the gate only to have one not work and I got a full refund plus a replacement
I've given a few pieces away as I didn't like them them as much but not a function problem

I wouldn't have let them off so lightly though, they do as most companies in the west do and try their best to keep the money, but will give in eventually as they have to
Mind you I have had some western companies give me less compensation at all in the past for some products

Hope you have better experience in future, whether it be from a different seller on the gate or another local seller who may or may not be selling Chinese glass
Happy vaping

Thanks,I’m ready to be done with it. I bought a factory 2nd for $15. It works ok but it’s not right. I can live with that. I’d rather not deal with negative people so I’m glad to be done.

That is a very pragmatic way to look at things.There is always a percentage of fuck ups along the way that should have been picked up before shipping. Unfortunately the people who make the products don't use the products.

I have sent messages to other DHGate seller asking them to Knock-Off the RC as it is such a great rig(if made right) CCG have already got back to me and said they can barely keep up with what they have.:cry:
If Stevenimz does not look after @Moses Baca I am going to stop recommending it, in fact, I will send Jane a message telling her so.

Edit; the message I sent,
G'day Jane,
I was wanting to get another FC-Rattle can from you but am hesitant as a person that I suggested should get one from you on FC and VaporAsylum Forums got sent a terrible example of your work, It has a very low neck attachment that would be nearly impossible to use without getting wet lips. I told him to get in touch and you guys would fix the problem, he said you only offered a partial credit and he is left with a useless bong.
You need to do better in looking after him or I will no longer be able to recommend your product.
Regards

I would think if the strong arm tactic is going to work on anyone it might be Stevenlmz since his business was built by and largely from vaporists on the forums. But..... I wouldn't hold your breath. He's also gotten big enough that he doesn't care as much. And it's a fairly small item. With his inventory, losing that one model of rig wouldn't be a game changer.

I also understand @Moses Baca just wanting to be done with it. Sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle of arguing with folk.

Sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle of arguing with folk.
That is what these guys hope for, typing out a few emails is a lot easier than having to physically take something back to a shop, I just want the RC to be right for the next one I have to buy...neither of my 2 are great but I still like them more than any other in my collection and I would dearly like a flawless one, surely it can't be that hard for them to provide something close to the listing picture.:disgust:

That is what these guys hope for, typing out a few emails is a lot easier than having to physically take something back to a shop, I just want the RC to be right for the next one I have to buy...neither of my 2 are great but I still like them more than any other in my collection and I would dearly like a flawless one, surely it can't be that hard for them to provide something close to the listing picture.:disgust:
Oh... I agree that that is what they hope for. And I'm all for getting what you've paid for if one has the time, inclination and energy to put into it..... and some just don't for a cheap piece of glass.

Unfortunately, I just don't see them caving much to pressure unless that pressure becomes 'en masse' and they start losing substantial business from it. And even then, many of these companies just change their name and/or start selling on ebay and Amazon. The China glass phenomena has gotten so big that a few unhappy customers doesn't phase them much. And it seems that rather than understanding that there's a problem with the rattle can design and that it needs to be fixed (and customers made happy), they're ratcheting up their defenses and making it harder for refunds or replacements.

@Moses Baca , I jus got the following message fron Stevenimnz;
Les,
that is your friend?

he told me there is function problem,I hope that he can give a video,but he do not give me,so I can not report with Steven.

Now he is your friend,so we can trust him,we will send him a new piece.

plz ask him contact with me asap.

thanks

It's not just the gate. I bought glass regularly from an online shop, until they sent me such a poorly made piece it's useless. I wanted a refund or replacement, and they argued , defended, admitted they had problems with defects from the supplier to where they stopped using them, but still argued ( and still sell the defective pieces). I finally got a refund, but have stopped doing business with them. I'll fight once I'm in it, but I like hearing from other members who to avoid so I don't get to problems in the first place. Stevenlmx is clearly a seller to avoid. He didn't do right by @Moses Baca, so he won't be getting any of my money.

@Moses Baca, lessons learned my man, sorry your RC is defective. It truly is a great lil rig perhaps other sellers will carry them as Les was suggesting.
Curious if any of DH's sellers browse these or are aware of these sites?
I will b reluctant to click in the cart with Stevo unless he makes this right with you.

Tell Stevo you have Heaps of friends globally who buy from him;)
Yep, did that as part of the message I sent him about @Moses Baca, said I was an active member here and other places with over a thousand posts on both. I am pretty sure some sellers keep an eye on the forums as Jane from Popular glass replied to an old message a while back that she had seen some pictures of a problem I had with a rig I uploaded here. Whether that will help them get their act together remains to be seen.:thumbsup:

@Moses Baca, have you got back in touch with them and if you don't mind saying, how did it go?

Jane sent me a message saying she heard from you and they're now willing to replace the defective piece they sent. I'm not completely sure how it's going to proceed, though. She said, 1 - confirm this order and they'll send me a new piece but then she said, 2 - they'll refund me and then I should place a new order. I'm waiting to hear what she expects me to do next.

I appreciate your assistance, @LesPlenty! I'll keep posting my updates until this ordeal is finished.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back