Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

Hey everyone, my name is Trey. I'm fairly new to vaping but I've been smoking herb for over 20 years. Since I was diagnosed with leukemia in September of 2009 I've been partaking daily. I started vaping carts just over 2 years ago and on 4/20/19, I intentionally combusted for the last time. I had tried to make the switch to vaping dry herb this past March with the help of a Mig vapor mod attachment. Not pleasant at all, but I thought it was an improvement over the dugout/hitter combo. About a week before 4/20, I stopped at a local head shop to inquire about dry herb vaping. Most of the units were out of my budget but I splurged $150 for an Astra 2. Portable, rechargeable, conduction. I tried to get used to the puff method but I wanted a longer draw. Disappointment set in.

Then comes 4/20. I went to several different dispensaries checking out specials, and a handful of head shops, hunting for a better way. I had been reading and watching reviews for a week so I had an idea of what I wanted. I wanted a sticky brick. A Jr. to be exact. I finally found a couple brick pieces at one shop out of town. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it but the wallet was sitting on slim. So, since I couldn't afford it, I went home and made my own butane powered dry herb vaporizer. Now I make and sell them.

I don't want to wear out my welcome so I'll leave it at that.

Cheers

Welcome aboard @Doug's Woodery, interesting vape story so far, many great herb vapes are available nowadays, a few different ideas on here for extra choices. :thumbsup:
And always room for extra manufacturers...VAS:smoke:.
Glad to hear you managed to give the combusting the boot.

Welcome mate @Doug's Woodery
This is a great forum to be on
There are plenty of great vapes out there now and if you peruse the halls here you will get an idea of what some of us like
I've been combustion free for heading towards 18 months now and consumption is much better than the 30 years prior

Love to see your work, VAS is real and any new worthy devices intrigue
Good to have you here, see ya round the traps

My bass costs a lot more than my vaporizers
There you go, you obviously need more vapes.:rofl:
Some hobbies can get expensive, I bet you love that guitar and treat it very well, no doubt it will outlast you, one thing about quality...it usually lasts the test of time...I am thinking S&B Volcano here. Most owners have had them so long that they can't remember how much they paid for them.:thumbsup:

I know what you mean about VAS. I've played bass for 16 years and GAS (gear AS) is just as bad. Probably more so. My bass costs a lot more than my vaporizers! Thanks for the welcome.
We have GAS in here too
Glass-as
But I feel the gear reference too :)

Volcano I looked at, the plastic bags turned me off in the end
Top machine though people say

Volcano I looked at, the plastic bags turned me off in the end
Me too, but the new Volcana Hybrid has a whip that could be replaced with a Hydratube for forced air bubbles...don't look at it...repeat after me, we don't need a US$700 vape just yet...wait for sales time.:razz2:
Edit, like a Plenty that goes to 230C, with a fan

Me too, but the new Volcana Hybrid has a whip that could be replaced with a Hydratube for forced air bubbles...don't look at it...repeat after me, we don't need a US$700 vape just yet...wait for sales time.:razz2:
Edit, like a Plenty that goes to 230C, with a fan
Hadn't heard of this....
Damn.... Bloody making things better and shit....
Lol
A hydratube Cano....... Mmmmmm

5b8237a93ffcbfa3d8498daac23c2d16e84e966a_hq.gif

Some of you may know me from FC. I got into vaping around the time the first Pax hit the market. I had gotten my medical mj license and I was determined to use it, but I hated the experience of smoking, even with a bong. I began looking for alternatives which is when I discovered the Pax. At the time it seemed revolutionary to me. I eagerly got one and had many an excellent sesh with it, getting some of my close friends out of smoking and into vaping as a result. And then life happened and I got busy. My marijuana use dropped sharply as I didn’t have the time, and my partner only liked to smoke and infrequently at that.

Eventually we moved to Portland and I had heard tales of the Portland weed scene. Even my partner could not deny the thrill of walking into a dispensary and buying a few pre-rolls like it’s nothing. This led me to using more regularly again, and soon I knew that my aging Haze vape wasn’t going to cut it. I dipped my toe back into FC and discovered how much vaping had grown in my absence. Not only was the community bigger, but the vapes themselves had developed a long way from the Pax. I became enthralled with artisan vapes from independent creators, like the Splinter and the Firewood and the Tubo. I loved seeing members of the community apply their creativity to the vaping space and creating devices with real love in them.

Anyway, that’s a bit about me. See ya round the forums!

5b8237a93ffcbfa3d8498daac23c2d16e84e966a_hq.gif

Some of you may know me from FC. I got into vaping around the time the first Pax hit the market. I had gotten my medical mj license and I was determined to use it, but I hated the experience of smoking, even with a bong. I began looking for alternatives which is when I discovered the Pax. At the time it seemed revolutionary to me. I eagerly got one and had many an excellent sesh with it, getting some of my close friends out of smoking and into vaping as a result. And then life happened and I got busy. My marijuana use dropped sharply as I didn’t have the time, and my partner only liked to smoke and infrequently at that.

Eventually we moved to Portland and I had heard tales of the Portland weed scene. Even my partner could not deny the thrill of walking into a dispensary and buying a few pre-rolls like it’s nothing. This led me to using more regularly again, and soon I knew that my aging Haze vape wasn’t going to cut it. I dipped my toe back into FC and discovered how much vaping had grown in my absence. Not only was the community bigger, but the vapes themselves had developed a long way from the Pax. I became enthralled with artisan vapes from independent creators, like the Splinter and the Firewood and the Tubo. I loved seeing members of the community apply their creativity to the vaping space and creating devices with real love in them.

Anyway, that’s a bit about me. See ya round the forums!
Welcome to The Asylum @Monk Debate. I look forward to hearing from you. You'll never meet better. :weed:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back