Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

@Basement Farmer, Isn't that an eyehole for a door? Gotta say, love, repurposing things. I thought I recognized your name, welcome. It's a good group here.

@Electrofever You will find a wonderful world with your dynavap. Quite a few of

us have them. I use mine every day. There is so much to learn, and luckily there is a wealth of information here and they'll share it with YOU. Have fun!!

Yeah ! So much to learn, about doing good with the vapcap (I am starting to get the hang of it, but I know better can be done) and about vaping, generally speaking :) Thank you all, guys, for all the information that can be found here, a great community ;)

@Basement Farmer, Isn't that an eyehole for a door? Gotta say, love, repurposing things. I thought I recognized your name, welcome. It's a good group here.

Hi Whisper. It may be. It's actually a very clever device. Has storage, integrated 'screen' and super easy to disassemble for cleaning. Too bad it's only meant for one thing. Still keeping it cuz it's cool and JIC.

Yup. I spent a lot of time on the other forum. Gave up cannabis for a few years and was directed here while shopping. FC is amazing but give me eAggoraphobia. It's good to be here thanx.

Funny... I was going through some cupboards the other day and found my old smoking pouch... and my little wood pipe with the 'swing cover' like your pipe has...
And could not throw it away lol. I'll never use it again but there's some sentimentality attached. I loved that little pipe.

Did not love the wheezing and coughing that was happening though. So glad I made the switch to vaping.

I'm a recent single empty-nester, so have been rediscovering things I vs totally forgotten. No plans on starting up with the Proto-Pipe tho. Ha

It’s fun 2 find stuff!

For sure. A few years can really do something for the way you value things..

Yeah ! So much to learn, about doing good with the vapcap (I am starting to get the hang of it, but I know better can be done) and about vaping, generally speaking :) Thank you all, guys, for all the information that can be found here, a great community ;)

You're going to love that VC, EF. It was still a new product when I put away my grinder and torches. I think it was just an early version of the tip\cap with a beaded glass stem. I had enough stuff rolling around in the drawers and wasn't really interested in more small glass. A few years later and I'm like, "holy shit! These things are amazing!" Had I started with a DV, I probably would've settled in it as my quiver of one instead of building up a vast collection.

Who am I kidding. I woulda bought all of it probably anyway.

:uhoh: Been organizing and ran across this little gem. Pretty much sums up why I took started vaporizing.....gawd, the wheezing.

The thing is super easy to clean, but the tar buildup is shocking and cleaning has to be done frequently. And to realize that a lot of that shit is going directly into your lungs. View attachment 15208
I still have my OG Protopipe and a NIB one also....don't use them, won't sell or give them away either. They are a symbol of my lost youth (or as they say in NY, yutes LOL)

Last edited:
Not that there's anything wrong with that, says the other imates.

ENABLER!!! Ha, ha.

I still have my OG Protopipe and a NIB one also....don't use them, won't sell or give them away either. They are a symbol of my lost youth (or as they say in NY, youts LOL)

Being a nasaly midwesterner I absolutely love that accent. Always hoped I'd meet my Marisa Tomei.

That should be a display case item!

Someday, somebody is going to be rummaging thru my estate items and be in for the mother lode of old cool shit.

1576339862926.png

Hi Whisper. It may be. It's actually a very clever device. Has storage, integrated 'screen' and super easy to disassemble for cleaning. Too bad it's only meant for one thing. Still keeping it cuz it's cool and JIC.

Yup. I spent a lot of time on the other forum. Gave up cannabis for a few years and was directed here while shopping. FC is amazing but give me eAggoraphobia. It's good to be here thanx.

I'm a recent single empty-nester, so have been rediscovering things I vs totally forgotten. No plans on starting up with the Proto-Pipe tho. Ha

For sure. A few years can really do something for the way you value things..

You're going to love that VC, EF. It was still a new product when I put away my grinder and torches. I think it was just an early version of the tip\cap with a beaded glass stem. I had enough stuff rolling around in the drawers and wasn't really interested in more small glass. A few years later and I'm like, "holy shit! These things are amazing!" Had I started with a DV, I probably would've settled in it as my quiver of one instead of building up a vast collection.

Who am I kidding. I woulda bought all of it probably anyway.
Yeah, even though I love my VCs, I’m starting to feel what VAS is all about ^^ always something to look around lol

hi everyone

so i created an account over at fc a couple years ago when i first got interested in vaping - it coincided with trying to quit smoking (which was only temporarily successful. i have been a heavy smoker for well over 25 years). beyond a means to bypass my nicotine addiction i enjoyed vaping immediately - how well defined the high seemed to be, its relative cleanliness, just a better feeling all over while also having a greater allowance for activity. i should add i am a recreational user, but use cannabis mostly to unwind in the evenings these days.
i am based in germany, and like most of us do here, i have always mixed my cannabis (soft spot for hash then) with tobacco. there are definitive synergetic effects at work i wouldnt know how to accurately describe, but after my honeymoon with vaping subsided, and plans to give up smoking tobacco were put on pause as well (i had a pretty long detour using ecigs prior to that), i increasingly went back to smoking tobacco mixed joints. my craving for this particular mix surely is related to nicotine & its effects as well, but more than anything i believe it has to do with the ritual of rolling & smoking a joint, its pace & aesthetic.

ca. two years later and i am trying to quit smoking tobacco again, this time a little more seriously, and i have been off nicotine entirely for ca. 2 months now (which feels longer than it actually is). so that means back to vaping exclusively, so far it is going well. and i believe joining the vapcap club helps - it probably does not get closer to the ritual of having a joint than that. i invested in an alcohol burner
burner.jpg

which really helps extending the length of the process and looks & sounds much nicer than a torch imo.

back when i joined fc in 2017 or so, i really just signed up because i needed clarification on a couple of shopping related questions i had. i am not into social media, havent really spent much time on internet forums, so once i got my answers, i left again. i am not even sure for what reason i went back to browsing around fc again, but this time around i spend way more time reading through all kinds of threads seemingly irrelevant to me, not sure how it happened exactly, but something in me got undoubtedly intrigued. maybe it is just that social media finally caught up with me, but i find myself spending a weird amount of time reading through these thread pages, i love the music thread over at fc for instance (will surely check here as well).
& something i really was not prepared for was all the incredibly beautiful woodwork that was being done for the dynavaps by people like eds tnt, khelekgirl (is she here?) & phatpiggie (& those are only the ones i am aware of). i have little resistance when it comes to beautiful things, & this is how i eventually came across this forum here, hunting images of beautiful things i cannot all have.
interesting to see so many familiar avatars from fc here :).
anyway, this was very longwinded, apologies & hello.

hi everyone

so i created an account over at fc a couple years ago when i first got interested in vaping - it coincided with trying to quit smoking (which was only temporarily successful. i have been a heavy smoker for well over 25 years). beyond a means to bypass my nicotine addiction i enjoyed vaping immediately - how well defined the high seemed to be, its relative cleanliness, just a better feeling all over while also having a greater allowance for activity. i should add i am a recreational user, but use cannabis mostly to unwind in the evenings these days.
i am based in germany, and like most of us do here, i have always mixed my cannabis (soft spot for hash then) with tobacco. there are definitive synergetic effects at work i wouldnt know how to accurately describe, but after my honeymoon with vaping subsided, and plans to give up smoking tobacco were put on pause as well (i had a pretty long detour using ecigs prior to that), i increasingly went back to smoking tobacco mixed joints. my craving for this particular mix surely is related to nicotine & its effects as well, but more than anything i believe it has to do with the ritual of rolling & smoking a joint, its pace & aesthetic.

ca. two years later and i am trying to quit smoking tobacco again, this time a little more seriously, and i have been off nicotine entirely for ca. 2 months now (which feels longer than it actually is). so that means back to vaping exclusively, so far it is going well. and i believe joining the vapcap club helps - it probably does not get closer to the ritual of having a joint than that. i invested in an alcohol burner View attachment 15997
which really helps extending the length of the process and looks & sounds much nicer than a torch imo.

back when i joined fc in 2017 or so, i really just signed up because i needed clarification on a couple of shopping related questions i had. i am not into social media, havent really spent much time on internet forums, so once i got my answers, i left again. i am not even sure for what reason i went back to browsing around fc again, but this time around i spend way more time reading through all kinds of threads seemingly irrelevant to me, not sure how it happened exactly, but something in me got undoubtedly intrigued. maybe it is just that social media finally caught up with me, but i find myself spending a weird amount of time reading through these thread pages, i love the music thread over at fc for instance (will surely check here as well).
& something i really was not prepared for was all the incredibly beautiful woodwork that was being done for the dynavaps by people like eds tnt, khelekgirl (is she here?) & phatpiggie (& those are only the ones i am aware of). i have little resistance when it comes to beautiful things, & this is how i eventually came across this forum here, hunting images of beautiful things i cannot all have.
interesting to see so many familiar avatars from fc here :).
anyway, this was very longwinded, apologies & hello.
Welcome mate
Good luck in your journey to combustion and tobacco free life

I smoked heavily for many years
I gave up cigarettes using Champix from the doctor
I still would chop up with tobacco though
I was a bong smoker
Dv is good for joint mimicking
There are a few options for bong smoke mimicking

I needed something to convert me as a bong head
I smoked cigarettes for about 20 years and weed for almost 30 years

Now I have been vaping for around two years I am starting to enjoy sipping on vapes more
I could never go back to smoking or tobacco

With the right vapes you get much higher than smoking and I have a much healthier self also
Breathing is wonderful as is tasting your weed properly

Hope you enjoy it here as I have
This is a good place to chill and mostly full of friendly helpful people

See you round the padded cells mate :)

66da4ba545bb96035d04581f6b198ef0.jpg

Welcome to the asylum @im not a robot ...... nice to have you here! And congratulations on being successful in not smoking the last couple months. Nicotine, in particular, is a hard thing to kick. It took me years before I didn't even think of it anymore. But a point comes where it just becomes disgusting.... the taste... the smell.... I wish you luck in getting there. :biggrin:

Looks like you joined right when I left. While we don't have the wealth of vaping history here that FC has, we are slowly growing. Our focus is on vape safety and member support; rather than selling vapes. So we try to keep it very real when discussing vaporizers. While having fun; of course. :smile: This is a very friendly, helpful and welcoming community of members.

Ah... the music thread. I used to hang out there a lot. And do in ours. Hope to see some contributions from you there....

something i really was not prepared for was all the incredibly beautiful woodwork that was being done for the dynavaps by people like eds tnt, khelekgirl (is she here?) & phatpiggie (& those are only the ones i am aware of).
I'm also a big fan of the after market artists... you'll find @Ed's TnT and @phattpiggie here, along with @Aezhenn , @Timberhead , @Futo_derek , @Melting Pot and @Andy Capp (who works in Ti rather than wood) . Khelekgirl has not joined.. hope to see her here some time. Time will tell.

Many thanks for the mention Mom.
Get in touch anytime @im not a robot.

This made me smile. Never been a baccy smoker but I now have these words running through my mind whenever I vape weed.
The smell hangs in the workshop for hours and I can taste it on my lips and 'tache.

But a point comes where it just becomes disgusting.... the taste... the smell....

Never thought I'd see the day where I considered weed 'disgusting'.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. & i am sure i will contribute sth to the music thread @momofthegoons - i'll probably head there in a minute just because & start browsing a bit. i really like the format of music threads like these, with a little time invested it is very easy to make unlikely discoveries outside of one's radar.
also thanks for a full list of the after market artists here (my wallet says hi too:), i know i will check all of them out. for the time being however i am resolved to try & work sth out with @phattpiggie, it was in fact trying to catch up with all his prior work that brought me here (a lot of the old image-links on fc are broken). i just need to get some order to what i think it is i want. i will contact you once i have more clarity phatpiggie, i am really looking forward to your work.

i just need to get some order to what i think it is i want.
LOL! Well good luck with that... and I hope you are more successful than I've been. Every time I think I've got everything I want, phatts comes out with some new idea or stem... My list never ends. :lol:

Hope you enjoy our music threads as much as I do. We've got a few of them.

Never thought I'd see the day where I considered weed 'disgusting'.

Actually, I was referring mostly to tobacco. I still like the smell of weed burning. However... smoking it is a whole other story.

Hmmm, nice to see you here as well, @im not a robot – willkommen im Forum! :-)

I know many will disagree with me about this, but nicotine, as thc, is not a harmful substance. It's the form of delivery (the smoke) that harms us. If you suceed in avoiding tobacco / nicotine, all is good – but if not, shoot me a note and I'll tell you a bit about e cigarettes. If you are interested, of course. Because even if one assumes that e cigs are not 100% safe (which I actually tend to think), they will have to admit that it is much much safer than going back to smoking.

Either way – have fun & enjoy!

Welcome @im not a robot :) I guess you will find lots of kindness here, great people and info ! You might end up reading pages and pages for hours, while being high :ko:
I like how so many paths lead to vaping, and I cannot agree more to everything that is said regarding quality of the high, amazing stuff to look at (and maybe own) and an amazing community ! I still wonder how it took me so long to realize all this new world existed :thinker: the only problem I can see right now is my wife looking at me with weird eyes thinking ‘what old bit of wood is he now going to show me...’:mental:

I know many will disagree with me about this, but nicotine, as thc, is not a harmful substance. It's the form of delivery (the smoke) that harms us. If you suceed in avoiding tobacco / nicotine, all is good – but if not, shoot me a note and I'll tell you a bit about e cigarettes.

thanks siebter, moin aus hh :)

also - nice avatar you have here
& nicotine - complicated topic. in essence i think i dont disagree with you, but a) there is no nicotine delivery i know of that will not eventually take me back to cigarettes (just speaking for myself) and b) what is in my mind still problematic about nicotine addiction is the addiction element - the continuous stress this induces, the routines it dictates. i am also not 100% on whether all effects on brain-chemistry have been fully mapped out yet, but then again this is true of any susbstance i suppose. i can say that after not having ingested nicotine for close to 2 months, which should be beyond regular withdrawal, it feels like i am still experiencing withdrawal, the world just looks very different from a nonsmoking vantage point. quite possible i am imagining this, smoking has been a part of my life long enough i could be experiencing phantom-withdrawel i suppose? in any case, thanks for the offer, and while ecigarettes did not work for me - i am happy for anyone who can successfully substitute tobacco with eliquids.

You might end up reading pages and pages for hours, while being high

yes, about this part i worry a little :) over at fc i started reading up on the dynavap thread - truly fascinating to follow the development of such a huge success in its infancy. i had to give up eventually though. i think it is approaching 2000 pages now..

Welcome @im not a robot :) I guess you will find lots of kindness here, great people and info ! You might end up reading pages and pages for hours, while being high :ko:
I like how so many paths lead to vaping, and I cannot agree more to everything that is said regarding quality of the high, amazing stuff to look at (and maybe own) and an amazing community ! I still wonder how it took me so long to realize all this new world existed :thinker: the only problem I can see right now is my wife looking at me with weird eyes thinking ‘what old bit of wood is he now going to show me...’:mental:
You are loved!
John Lennon said all you need is LOVE .
My wife is the best thing that has happened to me my life experience!
Don’t ever give up!

[...] and b) what is in my mind still problematic about nicotine addiction is the addiction element - the continuous stress this induces, the routines it dictates.

Okay, one interesting fact: nicotine itself is only mildly addictive. Nicotine in tobacco is highly addictive. The reason for that is that in tobacco there's also MAO inhibitors which alter the addictive properties of nicotine, hence the standard Fagerström test for nicotine addiction was renamed to Fagerström test for tobacco addiction. E cigarette users, even when they are not willing to give up nicotine, experience much less withdrawal symptoms than tobacco smokers. I myself couldn't stand even half an hour without smoking when I still did tobacco, now I can abstain from it for hours if needed.

Sorry for OT, just saying... :-)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back