Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

The problem is that vaping still hasn't become mainstream (at least not with cannabis). More people smoke than vape still. Add to that that within the group that is vaporing, very few know what a log vape is? It becomes a niche industry. I still have people ask me what a 'log vape' is with a puzzled look on their face. And I've been vaping off of a log since I started.

I think the trick is to get the word out there about log vapes being a 24/7 medication station. And my plan is to do my best to educate. :biggrin:

I was meaning more vapers switching over but log vapes represent a small segment of a small community. As people become enlightened to how much better vaping is they will hopefully switch from combusting bowls & spliffs. A good rip from a log vape is as good as a big bong rip.

I agree. But add a band of turquoise and that baby would have the 'sexy boom boom' factor. :razz2:
It's lovely as is as well. :wink:

Turquoise band in the middle with two burn marks would be the ultimate :thumbsup:. It would make it more "sexy sexy big bang boom boom". Still if you buy a WS you know it will love you long time.

Just took the condenser out of my 'M' and put it in my wooden stem for my WS. I was shocked at how much build up was in the condenser already and really glad of the tip to use it in the wood stems. I can see it being a definite help in keeping the wood stem nice and clean. Thanks for that tip @Stevenski :thumbsup:.

A prudent move Mom. You will surely reap the benefits long term :smile:.

Well now... would you look at what showed up in the mail yesterday.... :biggrin:

RsAf8N2.jpg

Looking into the 'belly of the beast'..... :tongue:

aJn514g.jpg

Isn't it gorgeous? And the matching stem and WonG are the bee's knees. :buzz: :biggrin: You've outdone yourself this time Ed.

Good morning everyone, wow I had school this past weekend. I am a certified range officer for my local 4H club. It was way down south in the state almost a 3 hour drive, my club got my hotel room and class fees, woot woot and they fed me as well! 4H is more than just cows, chickens and pigs, as most of you know we do shooting sports. I learned alot this weekend, most often we have kids that dont fit into football or baseball but still wanna do a sport. Shooting sports is the 3rd most popular sport in the Olympics, most dont know it. We encourage growth and success, its not just about competitiveness. Yeah competitions are great and all but watching a child get better and better with their aim and the discipline it takes to group their shots down range repetitively in varying conditions and seeing them smile with accomplishment is a big big deal. Believe me mine spend enough time on their electronics devices so getting them outside and doing this is positive and I will be able to make sure its done properly and safely, very cool! On the way home my girl and I took the long way, yeah she went with me, was great, she sat through the whole class doing her thing she likes to sew, listening and was so nice to look over and see her smile back at me when our eyes met. We live apart and our times together arent that often as we would like so she went too. We went through one of the delta river towns where there are these really old plantation ruins of a huge house that was built in the 1800's that burned down. I had seen it on TV and in artists pics and paintings at festivals and had wanted to see it for the longest time. I mean in the middle of no where you drive back into the deep woods and there it is, Windsor Ruins

nsdOUXE.jpg

ppTp4Rq.jpg

The columns were really tall and spread out over a large area. The neat cast iron toppers looked to be still in great condition, was fun to see for sure.

So I have been working more wood as always, I had 4 blocks of the Amboyna left. I made mention of that and now 2 are gone. I have 2 left that are all red with burl eyes all over them, if anyone wants to get one of the 2 pls let me know. As said once they are gone they are gone, unless a great deal falls out of the sky in my lap which I just dont see happening thats it for em.

@Stevenski The Bog Oak would look sweet with inlay but wasnt ordered, I will only do that on a custom order. Dont wanna dump that much time and effort into it and then it sit on a shelf for the price. Inlay takes time and once the WS is chucked in the lathe I dont take it out til after the inlay is completely done. There is so many steps to the process that I put the inlay in first then do the rest. I make the size larger OD to compensate for the sanding and grinding of the stone. So a WS with inlay has to stay in the lathe for 3 days, while its in there I cant turn any other units. I worry when I take it out that it would chuck up at the same angle and would throw the whole unit out of square causing serious problems to finish it properly. I appreciate the posts and hope all is well y our way!

@momofthegoons You know you right vaping isnt quite as popular as most may think and log vapes are uhhhhh say what. I am trying to get the word out it just takes time, I am hanging in there as I advise others to do often. This is a great reason why we all need to do our parts and let the world know as often as possible and to all that dont know, lets educate and inform! Hope you are enjoying that extra special custom piece, was one of my most fun so far to make and doing the inlay at the top rim was neat. I thought long and hard about what I could do differently and feel that was a good start towards that goal!

@elykpeace lol I know right! Hmm nifty find, not to expensive, give it a go and let us know how it works out pls sir.

Alright you all I am off to make it happen cause thats what I do and dont know no other way!

I've been around over on FC, so I'm not new to vapes. I got to reading on this thread about the exotic strains that CarolKing keeps enjoying, (and I'm so jealous of her access), with her WS. I may not be able to try those different strains, but by I can try my herb in that vape
I have a couple questions. I have read the whole thread,and like a newbie, (they always have a question don't they)? I looked into the open mouth of the one above and I'm not clear how the titip connects to the heater. The glass tube goes over the heater, right? Do you leave the condenser in the VapCap? Guess I'll have to wait.
I just ordered the last "Black Walnut" on the site. Doc

I've been around over on FC, so I'm not new to vapes. I got to reading on this thread about the exotic strains that CarolKing keeps enjoying, (and I'm so jealous of her access), with her WS. I may not be able to try those different strains, but by I can try my herb in that vape
I have a couple questions. I have read the whole thread,and like a newbie, (they always have a question don't they)? I looked into the open mouth of the one above and I'm not clear how the titip connects to the heater. The glass tube goes over the heater, right? Do you leave the condenser in the VapCap? Guess I'll have to wait.
I just ordered the last "Black Walnut" on the site. Doc

The heater core cover has a step at the top. That slots inside the Ti tip whereas the glass slips over it. Trust me if you are a fan of log vapes then this is the next level :cheers:.

aJn514g.jpg

I have read the whole thread,and like a newbie, (they always have a question don't they)? I looked into the open mouth of the one above and I'm not clear how the titip connects to the heater.
Yes they have questions and that's what 'we' are here for. :smile: Welcome to the asylum.

The tip of all of the stems goes over the heat port. I'll get a pic up tomorrow to show you the inside of the stem tip (unless someone beats me to it) to show you... but there's a little ridge that acts as a 'stop.' Your herb goes to that ridge line and the stem fits over the heat port. Same with the glass only there's no ridge line to guide you unless you insert one of the titanium tips like I did with silicone.

Do you leave the condenser in the VapCap?
You can and you don't have to. Depends on which VapCap you're using. A few of us have decided (thanks to @Stevenski and his bright idea :smile:) to put a condenser in the wood stems to keep the wood clean and the stem cleanable. But if you are using the 'M' I would take it out. You'll get better air flow. That said, the air flow isn't restricted much putting the condenser into a wood stem. And if you go the phattpiggie custom stem route, they come with a condenser in it.

Edit to add: Lmfao... I'm looking at your post @Stevenski and thinking... wow he's got a Moodmat just like mine.... and then I focus on the vape and realize it's mine.... I think it's time for this one to go to bed...:ko:

My WS won't even ship till tomorrow, but my curiosity is going to kill me. It's hard to judge size in those pics. What is the width of the very top of the part in the middle of the above pick? I assume it is the heater. I have never tried a log vape before. Quick list of my experience:
Vapir One V5.0, MFLB, Indica Noir, MFLB Muad-Dib,
Haze V2.5, Haze V3, Vapcap "OG" Vapcap Omni, Boundless CFX, Boundless CF, Boundless CFV I dabbled in Dabs but didn't like the painted throat feeling.
Sounds like I spent a bunch of money in my quest for the perfect vape. Damn, research is so much fun. I love it. Expensive too. Doc

What is the width of the very top of the part in the middle of the above pick? I assume it is the heater.
Yes it is the heater and it is 3/8" wide. The stem tip fit just over it. The standard tip is a big snugger than the glass; which is why Ed supplies the o-rings for use with the glass.

Sounds like I spent a bunch of money in my quest for the perfect vape.
Lmao... well for one there is no 'perfect' vape. Not only do different situations require different vapes, there's the old adage of 'different strokes for different folks.' And I think it would be fair to say that VAS has had an effect on every one of us vaporists. :lol:

Trust me if you are a fan of log vapes then this is the next level :cheers:.

Now, I'm a big fan of Ed's, but why is this the next level. What does it do that my Enano does not.

Now, this is not to indicate in anyway a lack of appreciation of Ed's craft and work....nor Piggies for that matter with the beautiful stem he made for a member....but function, feature, performance....where is the advantage, please?

Is that the VapCap titanium screen in that picture above?
I had to look up how many mm that was. I'm retired, or just maybe tired, from the heat-sink industries. Made heat-sinks for computers. Being that that is an international industry we used the metric system.
"Everybody is out of step, but Junior."
It would be great if everyone was on the same page. I can't get on a soapbox, I turned it into an eclipse viewer last week. I'm kinda stoked getting a WoodScents, looking forward to it. Doc

Is that the VapCap titanium screen in that picture above?
Yes it is. It's there to keep debris from falling down into the heat port from the stem.

It would be great if everyone was on the same page.
I think we can say that about a lot of things.... :tongue:

I'm kinda stoked getting a WoodScents, looking forward to it
I hope you really enjoy it. Log vapes are a curious thing imo. People love them in an almost cult like way. When they first really hit the scene (back in the Purple Days and Aromazap days) it was almost clan like; the Hatfields and the McCoys lol. Fortunately that changed once more log vapes came on the market from different manufacturers and innovations started. But for some reason, log vapes still haven't become mainstream. I really don't understand it. You'd think they'd appeal to most with their look not looking like the standard vape equipment and their ability to blend into the 'woodwork' (see what I did there? :dog:) as an aromatherapy device. Add the efficiency into the mix.... Yeah I just don't get it.

Lmao... well for one there is no 'perfect' vape. Not only do different situations require different vapes, there's the old adage of 'different strokes for different folks.' And I think it would be fair to say that VAS has had an effect on every one of us vaporists. :lol:

Bingo. A log vape suits my needs perfectly but what's good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander.

Now, I'm a big fan of Ed's, but why is this the next level. What does it do that my Enano does not.

Now, this is not to indicate in anyway a lack of appreciation of Ed's craft and work....nor Piggies for that matter with the beautiful stem he made for a member....but function, feature, performance....where is the advantage, please?

The WS doesn't do anything different than the Nano. Both heat herb to the point of combustion & extract them well. What I mean by next level is the matching wooden stems, titanium heater cover, VapCap compatibility, generally unbreakable attachments & all in one package. I can't speak for the Nano as I don't own one but I find the WS heater performs significantly better than my UD in comparison especially heater recovery wise. Not to say my UD is bad my any means.

I don't expect anyone who is not "OCD" to notice, nor in anyway to be bothered by something that is crooked or out of line. With me if it doesn't line up plumb, I get this itch in my head, that keeps telling me it's out of line, straighten it up. That being said, Ed the titip in the WoodScents picture, (where it stands up, tip down next to the WS), is not straight. Now I know why you keep saying "rrrrrrrr".:smile: My head itches. Doc

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back