Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape XVape XLUX ROFFU

If you mean the bar graph dips 1x bar, this is normal as the heater cycles when it reaches your set temp. The bars will drop correspondingly as you draw/suck/pull on the unit. The digital numeric readout should not move as that is your target temp and the graph shows when you reach that target by not climbing any higher.

Exactly, I meant the graph but it does not falls only 1x bar but even more.
The bars immediately start dropping as soon as the desired temperature has been reached, regardless of whether you are drawing or not.

The bars immediately start dropping as soon as the desired temperature has been reached, regardless of whether you are drawing or not.
Is the unit still performing properly? Maybe just a screen fault that can be fixed by removing then installing the battery to reset the unit.

Is the unit still performing properly? Maybe just a screen fault that can be fixed by removing then installing the battery to reset the unit.

I have removed the battery and reinserted it but it hasn't brought any changes.
Is there another way to reset the device?
I have tested the Session Mode and the temperature stays stable, no dropping.
It might be that the device is defect:buenrollo:

I find the 'on-demand' a bit useless anyway as you have to keep that button squeezed just right to sustain the heater, much easier to just power on/off to take a single puff, that said,
It might be that the device is defect:buenrollo:
This is the first I have heard of this problem...is the unit still performing as it should in "on-demeand' mode?
If it is not performing properly and causing you grief...start a return ticket from where you purchased it.
Edit: the battery install/removal is the only reset I know of.

These vaporizers need to have a hard reset like the Solo. Sometimes that would solve issues.
The Roffu does... every time the battery is removed/replaced(I was told), some users had screen glitch problems earlier and the battery swap resets/fixes the problem, still keeps your preset temp so not sure if a full 'reset'.

Edit, Solo has to have a separate way due to not being able to remove the battery.

Last edited:
I find the 'on-demand' a bit useless anyway as you have to keep that button squeezed just right to sustain the heater, much easier to just power on/off to take a single puff, that said,
I actually love the on demand mode . @felvapes managed to infect me with his passion for it with the Legacy Pro (LP) :smug:

still keeps your preset temp so not sure if a full 'reset'.
Yes, it keeps your preset temp which means that removing the battery doesn't perform a full reset, unfortunately!
This is the first I have heard of this problem...is the unit still performing as it should in "on-demeand' mode?
If it is not performing properly and causing you grief...start a return ticket from where you purchased it.
Edit: the battery install/removal is the only reset I know of.

I will test it again... I used the Legacy Pro and the Volcano in the meantime. I need to test it again but yes, if it is defect, I hope that it won't be a big issue to start a return ticket.
I purchased it from @420edc

...bonghit:weed:

I will test it again... I used the Legacy Pro and the Volcano in the meantime. I need to test it again but yes, if it is defect, I hope that it won't be a big issue to start a return ticket.
I purchased it from @420edc
Please contact us through your 420EDC account via our website for customer support.

Please contact us through your 420EDC account via our website for customer support.
Well thank you!
I have just tested it again. It still shows the same malfunctioning meaning that the bars immediately start dropping as soon as the desired temperature has been reached, regardless of whether you are drawing or not. The bars keep fluctuating...dropping and arising.
It somehow extracts what needs to be extracted but the on demand mode doesn't seem to work properly.
I might as well keep it and avoid hassling the customer support with this issue.
Besides, I am on the other side of the world.

bonghit:weed: is so relaxing!

Well thank you!
I have just tested it again. It still shows the same malfunctioning meaning that the bars immediately start dropping as soon as the desired temperature has been reached, regardless of whether you are drawing or not. The bars keep fluctuating...dropping and arising.
It somehow extracts what needs to be extracted but the on demand mode doesn't seem to work properly.
I might as well keep it and avoid hassling the customer support with this issue.
Besides, I am on the other side of the world.
We're always happy to help. For warranty issues, we prefer to have everything all in one place, so this is why we asked you to contact us through your 420EDC account.
Regarding this "malfunction". I don't think there is a malfunction if the device is heating. From the Quick Start Manual: "Note: The colored circle on display shows the current heating status." This is our general understanding of how this works in terms of the various modes on the Roffu: On-Demand mode works using the Maximum Discharge Rating amperage part of the battery specification while Session Mode utilizes the Continuous Discharge Rating amperage. Maximum Discharge Rating drops off over time and then recovers, drops off and recovers. CDR just keeps pumping the power (at a lower intensity) until the battery is drained, the heater will still not be engaged the entire time, it will get to desired temp and disengage until the temp drops to the point where it kicks back on again (≈10-20˚ range?).

Our suggestion to you is to be sure that you are using a battery with a CDR of 10A (or more) if you aren't using the battery that came with the Roffu. Beyond this, we use our Roffu in On-Demand mode nearly 100% of the time and we never rely on this heater gauge or haptic feedback because we can get the device delivering flavorful vapor before the unit gets to set temp and vibrates. Just did this to be certain (for science of course) and that heater gauge was still on the first blue bar after exhaling a flavorful cloud of vapor. What you should be most concerned with is that when you press the power button in On-Demand mode is that your ♨️ icon flashes until you release the button, then it (♨️) should go back to solid upon release. The 45 second timer starts once temp is reached and the haptic feedback indicates if you continue to hold the button in while in On-Demand mode. In all seriousness, this would take a really long time and you would be over cooking whatever you've loaded if you are relying on the gauge and haptic feedback to tell you when to inhale. On-Demand is just that, On-Demand, press the power button and give it a few seconds and inhale, there is no need to wait for the gauge or haptic feedback to tell you anything (these features are more appropriately designed for Session Mode perhaps).

A final thing to note here is that with the On-Demand mode, you can pulse the power button rather than holding it in continuously. The logic here is that you reset that Maximum Discharge Rating once the button is let go, and then when you press it again, you have the MAX power. If you hold it, the power drops off over time, as you are literally seeing with that Heater Temp gauge or more appropriately the current heating status indicator via that circular bar. Is this fact or fiction? Give it a try and see what kind of results you get. Generally we hold the button 3-5 seconds then release it for a second or two and then repeat.

Hope this is helpful to you and others out there using the XLux Roffu.

Last edited:
Still playing with my latest glass...seems a bit big for the Roffu but still works...

Unfortunately, I dropped the glass chamber and it broke.
Does anyone know where I could buy it from elsewhere - rather than buying it from the original website vpm.com - maybe one which would be compatible for the Roffu?

Not that I do not wish to buy it directly from them but the shipping costs are extremely high. I paid 56$ shipping costs for my Roffu!

By the way, I have been enjoying vaping with the Roffu.
I like the dosing capsules of the Roffu. I have two and would like to have two more but again the same problem: how to get them.

I wish you all a nice bonghit

Does anyone know where I could buy it from elsewhere - rather than buying it from the original website vpm.com - maybe one which would be compatible for the Roffu?

Not that I do not wish to buy it directly from them but the shipping costs are extremely high. I paid 56$ shipping costs for my Roffu!

By the way, I have been enjoying vaping with the Roffu.
I like the dosing capsules of the Roffu. I have two and would like to have two more but again the same problem: how to get them.

I wish you all a nice

Where are you located?

Where are you located?
Japan, makes things a little difficult.
Sorry for the late reply but I have been out bush. Is shipping any cheaper to you from EU/UK @sballo as the 4/20 sales will be on soon and you might grab capsules, glass chamber and I would suggest a metal oven chamber ready for the Apocolypse (or when you fumble the glass again...I too seem to break a lot of glass and consider glass a consumable as I break so much of it).
The metal oven also adds a little more conduction so is a great item to have anyway as it is a cheap way to change things up.:twocents:

Last edited:
Where are you located?
As @LesPlenty kindly explained: I am located in Japan.
Japan, makes things a little difficult.

Sorry for the late reply but I have been out bush. Is shipping any cheaper to you from EU/UK @sballo as the 4/20 sales will be on soon and you might grab capsules, glass chamber and I would suggest a metal oven chamber ready for the Apocolypse (or when you fumble the glass again...I too seem to break a lot of glass and consider glass a consumable as I break so much of it).
The metal oven also adds a little more conduction so is a great item to have anyway as it is a cheap way to change things up.:twocents:

No need to apologise :weed::smile:
Thank you for your reply!
Fortunately, I have the metal oven chamber already, This is the one I am using now but I the glass one has another nice flavour. I will be flying to Europe in a couple of months.
In Europe I might find the glass chambers for the Roffu? Let's see.

What size is it? I wonder if I can find it on Amazon
The ones I use (DDave aftermarket) are for the Dynavap and are around 8.1mm (OG DV Ti= 8.15mm, S/S=8.22mm).
The original in your Ruffu measures 8.09mm.
So, up to 8.25mm should work fine, or purchase an 8mm hole punch and make your own!

Last edited:
I would then need to buy a wire mesh (never done)
I used some extra S&B Plenty mesh screens to punch some out of as they never seem to wear out! I have made screens this way more than once for a few different vapes, a hole punch kit comes in handy and is pretty cheap.
Edit, something like these @sballo,

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back