Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape XVape XLUX ROFFU

So we can't tak a small amount out and carry in something else legally atm
I thought as much, but thanks for the warning!
I have the plastic bottle in the XMAX case with the store-bought rubbish (I am in no hurry to vape it) and my gear is already ground up in the BCG, hard to tell the difference, apart from the smell.

I thought as much, but thanks for the warning!
I have the plastic bottle in the XMAX case with the store-bought rubbish (I am in no hurry to vape it) and my gear is already ground up in the BCG, hard to tell the difference, apart from the smell.
Just carry your home grown weed in the tub when you need to for outings
You'll always be right then

Got a new bong to try the Roffu with, the flavour is great @200C with pretty good clouds to match. I bumped up to 220C for one more cloudy but nowhere near as tasty puff,

Used the OG cooling unit while away camping the last couple of days, it still surprises at how well it cools the vapor,
1674972059792.jpg

Hi there. I just want to let youk now that the parcel with the Roffu has just been delivered! :aaaaa:

Thank you @420edc for sending it immediately.
I am very excited to try it. bonghit
But first: I am charging it....

1675743540335.jpg

By the, I was wondering what is meant with CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65?

Considering that it is about a vaporiser, it sounds scary reading the following lines:

This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. :myday:

Seriously though, it sounds scary if we consider that the product is a vaporiser.
I am sure that it is not meant that with the Roffu we will inhale/vaporise those chemicals, right?!
But of course it sounds frightening.

Ultimately, we are not talking here about low quality/dangerous vaporisers, are we?

Going to do some sport.......
Later I will enjoy bonghit:weed:

:scooter: Bye, bye....

Last edited:
Hi there. I just want to let youk now that the parcel with the Roffu has just been delivered! :aaaaa:

View attachment 44188

Considering that it is about a vaporiser, it sounds scary reading the following lines:

This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. :myday:

Seriously though, it sounds scary if we consider that the product is a vaporiser.
I am sure that it is not meant that we the Roffu we will inhale/vaporise those chemicals, right?!

Ultimately, we are not talking here about low quality/dangerous vaporisers, do we?

It's new laws around Vaping and they have to label it that way
I think more than the vape itself the warnings refer to what goes inside as much
Over certain temps we do still release some benzenes in the weed and they are carcinogenic

I would not be too concerned though mate and it isn't a warning for the Roffu itself but all vape stuff sold out of certain places in merica

It's new laws around Vaping and they have to label it that way
I think more than the vape itself the warnings refer to what goes inside as much
Over certain temps we do still release some benzenes in the weed and they are carcinogenic

I would not be too concerned though mate and it isn't a warning for the Roffu itself but all vape stuff sold out of certain places in merica

IAccording to the following explanation on the Proposition 65

[...]...As part of the law, the state is required to publish a list of chemicals that are “known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity....[....]..

Therefore the Roffu must contain those chemicals.
But the important question for us is to know if we get/inhale those chemicals when we use the device [It can't be the case, can it?]
Or
One would need, so to say :goofy: , to eat a component of the device in order to become exposed to those substances.

View attachment 44188

I am sure that it is not meant that with the Roffu we will inhale/vaporise those chemicals, right?!

Ultimately, we are not talking here about low quality/dangerous vaporisers, are we?

If you are in California, you will see this warning everywhere and may become immune to "concern". That sticker is also on the StashCase you received too.

Thank you for the support! Glad it arrived quickly and safely for you.

I was wondering what is meant with CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65?

... not sure if i read this or assumed it, but i was under the assumption that those warnings are mostly because lead in the paint... not sure how accurate that is

If you are in California, you will see this warning everywhere and may become immune to "concern". That sticker is also on the StashCase you received too.

Thank you for the support! Glad it arrived quickly and safely for you.

I know what you mean, but it is not about becoming "immune to concern".
In fact, when a smoker buys their cigarettes, they do not care about the warnings written or depicted on the cigarette pack - they have so to say become immune to concern -

It is more about understanding what is actually meant with the warning.
... not sure if i read this or assumed it, but i was under the assumption that those warnings are mostly because lead in the paint... not sure how accurate that is

Whether some parts of the device contain toxic substances such as lead - be it in the paint or in the electronic components of the device - could be the reason why it is needed to include the warnings - due to the Californian Proposition 65 - on the package and in the instructions of the device.

But the important thing is whether those substances are released during the use of the device - for example because of the heat - and therefore we come into contact with them while we consume our beloved :weed:using a device like Roffu.

Let's take as an example the Volcano Medic 2 (which is surely not much different from the hybrid) .
As we all might know already, the Volcano Medic 2 is a medically certified device.
Now my question to those living in California:

Does Storz & Birkel also need to label their devices with the warning of California Proposition 65?

If the California Propostiton 65 is "only" a formality then also Storz & Birkel should also comply with it.

It is more about understanding what is actually meant with the warning.
Some component or material is carcinogenic, causes birth defects or reproductive harm . The warning is an alert to this. TopGreen US is based in California.

Last edited:
Some component or material is carcinogenic, causes birth defects or reproductive harm . The warning is an alert to this. TopGreen US is based in California.

Yes, TopGreen US is based in California and yes "some component or material is carcinogenic, causes birth defects or reproductive harm"
Exactly, that's what it's all about!

The question is:

whether those substances are released during the use of the device - for example because of the heat - and therefore we come into contact with them while we consume our beloved :weed:using a device like Roffu.

By the way, if this should be the case then I assume that it does not apply solely to the Roffu but to other vaporizers out there as well, doesn't it?
Let alone some devices out there which might be built with low quality material and who knows...

To bring it to the point:

In my opinion, the crucial thing would be to find out whether

1. this warning is labeled on all vaporizers in California

2. also a medical device like the Vocano Med 2 is labeled with the same warning in California

3. we are actually exposed to those chemicals contained in the device when using the device. [The most important question]

After all, this should concern all of us, shouldn't it?

Yes, TopGreen US is based in California and yes "some component or material is carcinogenic, causes birth defects or reproductive harm"
Exactly, that's what it's all about!

The question is:

By the way, if this should be the case then I assume that it does not apply solely to the Roffu but to other vaporizers out there as well, doesn't it?
Let alone some devices out there which might be built with low quality material and who knows...

To bring it to the point:

In my opinion, the crucial thing would be to find out whether

1. this warning is labeled on all vaporizers in California

2. also a medical device like the Vocano Med 2 is labeled with the same warning in California

3. we are actually exposed to those chemicals contained in the device when using the device. [The most important question]

After all, this should concern all of us, shouldn't it?
1) They should, not sure if they all do.
2) Ask S&B or someone who has purchased a Mighty+ or Crafty+ recently or Volcano Med 2. I have no idea if it is on their products.
3) Yes https://vicentesederberg.com/insights/prop65-cannabis-warning-requirements/ If you are inahling THC, you are inhaling something that affects reproduction.

It concerns us and is why we sell devices that reduce harm. Do they eliminate harm entirely? It all depends on the device and the consumer and the quality of the materials they are extracting. If you purchase a bunch of black market cannabis full of pesticides, fungicides etc, then you have more to worry about beyond just THC affecting reproduction. For anyone to tell you that what you are buying in black or gray market is safe, well that's your choice to believe that or not. If you are purchasing something from a legal regulated market in terms of cannabis, even then it can have contaminants:

How can you reduce harm with these devices even further? Try extractions at lower temperatures and extend the session for a more thorough extraction at the lower temps. Higher temps create Poly Aromatic Hydrocarbons, so by avoiding them and using clean cannabis at lower temps, you can reduce harm compared to higher temps or what you would be exposed to when smoking or combusting the material.

Cannabis when introduced to our bodies has positive and negative affects throughout the body depending on the system (digestive, reproductive, cardiovascular, etc.).

1) They should, not sure if they all do.
Yes, I also thing It should be this way, otherwise it would mean that only some devices, among which the Roffu, needs labeled with the warning.
2) Ask S&B or someone who has purchased a Mighty+ or Crafty+ recently or Volcano Med 2. I have no idea if it is on their products.

The question was not solely directed to you. It was just a question in the air whose answer would explain a lot.

3) Yes https://vicentesederberg.com/insights/prop65-cannabis-warning-requirements/ If you are inahling THC, you are inhaling something that affects reproduction.

Oh yes, THC.. Well, I was not speaking about THC either.
It concerns us and is why we sell devices that reduce harm. Do they eliminate harm entirely? It all depends on the device and the consumer and the quality of the materials they are extracting. If you purchase a bunch of black market cannabis full of pesticides, fungicides etc, then you have more to worry about beyond just THC affecting reproduction. For anyone to tell you that what you are buying in black or gray market is safe, well that's your choice to believe that or not. If you are purchasing something from a legal regulated market in terms of cannabis, even then it can have contaminants:

How can you reduce harm with these devices even further? Try extractions at lower temperatures and extend the session for a more thorough extraction at the lower temps. Higher temps create Poly Aromatic Hydrocarbons, so by avoiding them and using clean cannabis at lower temps, you can reduce harm compared to higher temps or what you would be exposed to when smoking or combusting the material.

Cannabis when introduced to our bodies has positive and negative affects throughout the body depending on the system (digestive, reproductive, cardiovascular, etc.).

Thanks for your effort, but again, it was not about this.

Anyway, for my part, we can stop talking about it right now, because I don't think it's worth it or of interest to anyone else here (unfortunately).

Going to have a nice bonghit with my Roffu.
By the way, I am enjoying the Roffu. It has a very nice extraction...

Anyway, for my part, we can stop talking about it right now, because I don't think it's worth it or of interest to anyone else here (unfortunately).
I wouldn't say it isn't of interest. Material safety is always of interest in the vapes we use. Taking the question regarding Prop 65 and how it relates to vapes we use to it's own thread in the Misc. Vape Tips , Topics and Questions section of the forum would be a better fit so as not to derail the Roffu thread. :smile:

I wouldn't say it isn't of interest. Material safety is always of interest in the vapes we use. Taking the question regarding Prop 65 and how it relates to vapes we use to it's own thread in the Misc. Vape Tips , Topics and Questions section of the forum would be a better fit so as not to derail the Roffu thread. :smile:

Thank you!

In fact, I just wanted to follow your advice and open a thread in that section but I thought that it would be convenient if you could kindly move the postings starting from

into a new thread or I might need to open the thread first and then kindly ask you to move the postings there!?:uhoh:

Last edited:
Thank you!

In fact, I just wanted to follow your advice and open a thread in that section but I thought that it would be convenient if you could kindly move the postings starting from

into a new thread or I might need to open the thread first and then kindly ask you to move the postings there!?:uhoh:
I've just moved all of the off topic posts over here to the correct thread. You guys need to stop messing with me before I'm caffeinated. Or after I've dabbed. Or... :lol:

However... material safety and Prop 65 should still be discussed in a different thread. :smile:

Thank you very much @momofthegoons for moving the postings to this section.

And yes, I also consider important to discuss material safety.

EDIT: oooh, then even here it it still not the right place to discuss this matter. Unless, we are going to consider it a discussion only about the material safety of the Roffu

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back