Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape AirVape Legacy Pro

I got a reply from Apollo via email
Brilliant CS and communication via email from Bernadette

Gary on FC as their rep is a bit useless and doesn't really give answers about stuff easily
It was also him who said we don't get a warranty if we use different batteries in the ALP and he couldn't give the specs

Well Bernadette has always responded to me by the next day and has always been extremely forthcoming with information about anything I ask - materials and safety, my purchase or now battery specs

Apparently the legacy battery is rated at 1a - I believe this to be a typo and she meant 10a so have sent another email to confirm this
I also asked if we can use a different brand battery if it meets the legacy specs

The answer was YES
So we can use any brand battery in the ALP as long as it meets the requirements

If you are concerned about this, email them and you will get your reply in writing for the future in case of a possible warranty submission

Great to know and finally have it confirmed
Cheers again to Apollo, what a company, yet again raising the bar for performance, CS and pricing/customer loyalty

EDIT
@peaceandquietworldnow!
if you try a mesh screen (16mm) you will find it works better than a mighty cap lid - the airflow is everything and keeps it as clean as it gets
The silicone is on the door to help seal the airpath otherwise it would leak air through the door

Removing the gold screen improves the entire experience (it stayed in place fine for me - it just clogs and is useless)
Better airflow and better vapour - it is just a pain to clean as it clogs and it hinders performance
The mesh screen keeps all clean with better airflow than a cap will

Anyway
Read through and try things if you like, or not
Just user experience I'm sharing, it's a great little vape

Last edited:
I got a reply from Apollo via email
Brilliant CS and communication via email from Bernadette

Gary on FC as their rep is a bit useless and doesn't really give answers about stuff easily
It was also him who said we don't get a warranty if we use different batteries in the ALP and he couldn't give the specs

Well Bernadette has always responded to me by the next day and has always been extremely forthcoming with information about anything I ask - materials and safety, my purchase or now battery specs

Apparently the legacy battery is rated at 1a - I believe this to be a typo and she meant 10a so have sent another email to confirm this
I also asked if we can use a different brand battery if it meets the legacy specs

The answer was YES
So we can use any brand battery in the ALP as long as it meets the requirements

If you are concerned about this, email them and you will get your reply in writing for the future in case of a possible warranty submission

Great to know and finally have it confirmed
Cheers again to Apollo, what a company, yet again raising the bar for performance, CS and pricing/customer loyalty

EDIT
@peaceandquietworldnow!
if you try a mesh screen (16mm) you will find it works better than a mighty cap lid - the airflow is everything and keeps it as clean as it gets
The silicone is on the door to help seal the airpath otherwise it would leak air through the door

Removing the gold screen improves the entire experience (it stayed in place fine for me - it just clogs and is useless)
Better airflow and better vapour - it is just a pain to clean as it clogs and it hinders performance
The mesh screen keeps all clean with better airflow than a cap will

Anyway
Read through and try things if you like, or not
Just user experience I'm sharing, it's a great little vape
I am very pleased with the dosing capsule Lid-Method and also us the screen now,thanks

2C8306F8-B0F3-422C-8CB4-AD1AAB758E9B.jpeg

Using aluminium in a vape with a gold-plated oven just seems wrong. :twocents:
10-4 on that . Thanks for the Aluminum reminder.
I do have stainless dosing capsules on the way, and yes s on gold a no-no also.
ALP needs to fix, should not have to be dealt with(gasket and screen kept coming off) by the consumer / VASed vaperoonies . Hopefully there will be a solution soon.

P.S-Due the nature-of-the-beast— meaning the residue or “honey” is very sticky by nature.
When opening the ALP after a session the honey would pull the gasket/ screen off .

P.S.-I also did not mention that I put high temperature silicone on the gasket/screen combo.to try to keep the gasket on
but that did not work.

P.S. A possible solution would be to make the gasket/ screen combo JUST-Like the mouthpiece gasket, I believe that is a good design cause it does not separate from each other. I hope as a keyboard- commando that I thinked-it out correctly?

Last edited:
10-4 on that . Thanks for the Aluminum reminder.
I do have stainless dosing capsules on the way, and yes s on gold a no-no also.
ALP needs to fix, should not have to be dealt with(gasket and screen kept coming off) by the consumer / VASed vaperoonies . Hopefully there will be a solution soon.

P.S-Due the nature-of-the-beast— meaning the residue or “honey” is very sticky by nature.
When opening the ALP after a session the honey would pull the gasket/ screen off .

P.S.-I also did not mention that I put high temperature silicone on the gasket/screen combo.to try to keep the gasket on
but that did not work.

P.S. A possible solution would be to make the gasket/ screen combo JUST-Like the mouthpiece gasket, I believe that is a good design cause it does not separate from each other. I hope as a keyboard- commando that I thinked-it out correctly?
It never came off for me
I took it off very quickly by choice though
A useless little thing that clogged up very quickly and restricted airflow even when clean
It stayed in place fine and I had no problems with it in that regard

I (and quite a few others) remove it, open the disc on the door side at least half way, and put an SS mighty mesh screen on top of the weed (it is .5mm short of the edges so stays off the gold) it does no damage but keeps everything clean - and the vape works much better (your lid version kind of does similar but has less open airflow than mesh does)
Once the dosing caps are available in November I will remove the disc on the door also as the lid of the caps will do the job

If you are adamant that you want to use a cap lid instead of a mesh screen - I would maybe remove both the disc on the door and the small gold screen

November dosing caps should make all our preferences possible I'd say

It never came off for me
I took it off very quickly by choice though
A useless little thing that clogged up very quickly and restricted airflow even when clean
It stayed in place fine and I had no problems with it in that regard

I (and quite a few others) remove it, open the disc on the door side at least half way, and put an SS mighty mesh screen on top of the weed (it is .5mm short of the edges so stays off the gold) it does no damage but keeps everything clean - and the vape works much better (your lid version kind of does similar but has less open airflow than mesh does)
Once the dosing caps are available in November I will remove the disc on the door also as the lid of the caps will do the job

If you are adamant that you want to use a cap lid instead of a mesh screen - I would maybe remove both the disc on the door and the small gold screen

November dosing caps should make all our preferences possible I'd say
cannot wait for those.
i’m trying to find another screen at the moment for the temporary fix ,have the first M+ screen soaking.

10 minutes later….a pic and screen.pic not loading.

after a couple of sessions with the m+ screen , I have to say it’s definitely cleaner and easier load, less worry of screen contacting
the superb bowl. And better airflow,easier draw.

11:38am,cst usa-multi-tasking,watching “ the Interview “with Seth Green , cooking ……..
I found darker AVB with temporary-screen fromM+,probably closer to oven/display temp.IMO quicker extractions.
Im Loving the ALP .

Last edited:
After the conversation yesterday I decided to pull out the extra screen and gasket And just in time-a call with instructions from the vendor I purchased the ALP from. After about 30 tries the spare sits well and secure in place. I recommend the ALP even more,
the gasket and screen problem has been solved- kudos to yuouz-guys&gals on VA. And kudos to “Phil” for patiently giving my anxious a.. .the instructions of how to properly place the gasket back in as mine was pulled?by the “honey”in chamber area-
so I’m keeping a better eye on it and cleaning it when needed. Go ALP !
729567EB-E1CA-4724-9B31-AD8CE3BDBA84.jpeg
AB6F8CC4-4C16-4D64-863D-0C11AD343623.jpeg

now if that happens to you this is what i used in the meantime (second pic)till I got it straight again .

thanks Apollo/ Airvape for a top product .
now considered by me in the top three of portable vaporizers !

Last edited:
After the conversation yesterday I decided to pull out the extra screen and gasket And just in time-a call with instructions from the vendor I purchased the ALP from. After about 30 tries the spare sits well and secure in place. I recommend the ALP even more,
the gasket and screen problem has been solved- kudos to yuouz-guys&gals on VA. And kudos to “Phil” for patiently giving my anxious a.. .the instructions of how to properly place the gasket back in as mine was pulled?by the “honey”in chamber area-
so I’m keeping a better eye on it and cleaning it when needed. Go ALP ! View attachment 40837View attachment 40838

now if that happens to you this is what i used in the meantime (second pic)till I got it straight again .

thanks Apollo/ Airvape for a top product .
now considered by me in the top three of portable vaporizers !
I would still remove that little screen all together
It hinders performance and does nothing - especially if you are using a mesh screen on the bowl now

That screen you have seems a bit large and bent over touching the side walls
Better than a might cap lid
But an actual 16mm screen - or the mighty wide mesh screen that sits in the CU/MP - this is what I use and it rocks - especially if you throw out the little gold screen all together and it won't touch the sides of the gold bowl

Glad you are getting happy results regardless though
It definitely is a great little portable and has still retired all my other portables at this point

I got confirmation on the battery specs too
It was a typo at 1a and the battery is actually 10a as suspected
So any battery that is 10a and above will work in the ALP and you will  not be risking your warranty by doing so

EDIT
The og legacy is $99 atm
That would get the 50% discount so you could get an ALP and an OG for a good price

I don't need an OG, but the thing making me look is it comes with a portable charger that has wireless charging
A portable wireless charging Pad could be the goods - with a free vape lol

Last edited:
So I found and ordered this instead haha
10w charging and 10,000mah instead of 5w and 5000mah on most (and the Airvape)
On sale for mega cheap $34 AUD plus $5 AUD post
Noice

No the thing that adjusts the chamber size is the round part that screws in and out on the door side
The small gold screen is just another one to stop avb in the airpath I believe

It gets messy regardless without the mighty screen because avb sticks to the round reducer thing and can get around the airpath silicone
I recommend the mighty screen even if you left the gold one in
But the gold one clogs too quickly and is not necessary - I get more vapour and less draw restriction without it
The mighty screen keeps everything clean and in the bowl, and when you tip it upside down it all falls out clean

While there are no dosing caps I use the mighty screen and leave the round reducer part on with the small gold screen removed

Once I have dosing caps I believe I will remove the round reducer part and all screens completely as the lid of the caps should work fine like they did in my mighty

I read someone else use a 16mm screen too which would work as the top of the bowl is wider
I just used a 15mm mighty screen as I had it here - I do think the wide mesh of the mighty screen is good

EDIT
Did you ask for the larger MP gasket?
My factory one was loose as some have mentioned and could fall out during use
I had asked for the bigger one (I believe it is for the OG legacy) and they were happy to send - it fits perfectly with no issues
Chiming in-
04613E22-0C56-4291-AD48-EDD08CE81259.jpeg

Finally after some reading and converse.on here my ALP screen is in properly as designed.
I used the screen Or a dosing capsule lid-only.The Lid can sit on top of the bowl and performs well keeping the chamber area cleaner.

The Lid Also fits over the adjustable-dosing-device but do not want to use that method often . It eventually will rub
the gold plating away . I used only because I could not keep it in. I contacted the Vendor and explained the situation.
Withthe vendors instructions while on cellphone ,
2EDD2F87-40AF-468A-A8F5-74CFCAD5A4C7.jpeg
I placed the gasket first then the small oval screen into and under it.
The cleaning video shows the proper way to install the gasket and then you press the small oval screen gently into the gasket and below it.

Chiming in-View attachment 40867

I used the screen Or a dosing capsule lid-only.The Lid can sit on top of the bowl and performs well keeping the chamber area cleaner.

The Lid Also fits over the adjustable-dosing-device but do not want to use that method often . It eventually will rub
the gold plating away . I used only because I could not keep it in. I contacted the Vendor and explained the situation.
Withthe vendors instructions while on cellphone , View attachment 40869I placed the gasket first then the small oval screen into and under it.
The cleaning video shows the proper way to install the gasket and then you press the small oval screen gently into the gasket and below it.
I've had no issues with the small screen staying in or with installing it
Not sure why some did - screen in gasket, gasket in vape - but I took it out as it is shite for airflow and clogging

I threw it out as it is a hindrance to the performance in every way and will clog quickly

A mighty screen on the bowl will keep it clean and work properly, better than otherwise
I would not use the cap lid at all

I already said if you are adamant the cap is better than my suggestion I'd remove the gold disc on the door

But it's better to use a screen on the bowl, remove the small one all together and half unscrew the disc on the door
Once dosing caps are available remove the disc also

On a side note (take it to the mighty thread if want to discuss) - with my mighty I only use dosing caps and I took the screen out of the CU all together (the same screen I would add to the bowl of the ALP when removing the small gold one)
Much the same reasons as described with the ALP - improved airflow and keeps it all clean

Anyway
It's all there to read and do with as you will
Enjoy your Airvape mate :).

EDIT
Rather than repost pics etc - go through this thread
Tips and info but also pics
I have uploaded with screen removed and a mighty one in place on the bowl

I've had no issues with the small screen staying in or with installing it
Not sure why some did - screen in gasket, gasket in vape - but I took it out as it is shite for airflow and clogging

I threw it out as it is a hindrance to the performance in every way and will clog quickly

A mighty screen on the bowl will keep it clean and work properly, better than otherwise
I would not use the cap lid at all

I already said if you are adamant the cap is better than my suggestion I'd remove the gold disc on the door

But it's better to use a screen on the bowl, remove the small one all together and half unscrew the disc on the door
Once dosing caps are available remove the disc also

On a side note (take it to the mighty thread if want to discuss) - with my mighty I only use dosing caps and I took the screen out of the CU all together (the same screen I would add to the bowl of the ALP when removing the small gold one)
Much the same reasons as described with the ALP - improved airflow and keeps it all clean

Anyway
It's all there to read and do with as you will
Enjoy your Airvape mate :).

EDIT
Rather than repost pics etc - go through this thread
Tips and info but also pics
I have uploaded with screen removed and a mighty one in place on the bowl
Just playing with all the tools and info read on here and elsewhere with ALP info,posts etc.
Lots on my mind today-traffic court this evening- w a h h.
I discovered the concentrate pad now , Methodology and rituals that we do vary with the vaporizer(s)we own.
. I’m reading info on 11vapes I purchased in just 2 months.
Im enjoying my ALP snd of course 2others of the 11 vapes, I can say ( and possibly redundant post/posting.
3in Rotation and the rest will probably be mothballed.

Found another glass tube I had
Slightly shorter than the ed stem and not frosted on the MP part so nicer on the lips
I've suggested they design a ceramic MP with a round part almost like the black silicone in my pic

I also have a glass cutting disc, I might test it on something else and if it works well cut a small piece off this one so I have a nice short round glass MP
Just long enough to have a small piece of glass sticking out off the silicone
IMG20221013191750.jpg
IMG20221013191731.jpg

Wireless charging is great, especially with a device that has a quick swap battery so no worries about killing a battery a bit early.
I got a power bank wireless charger that can use some of all these 18650 batteries I breed. It also has most cables to charge anything built in...too bad it was DOA :rofl:
1666242759535.jpg

4B92D2CE-4493-41D0-85DB-7EB09DA489AF.jpeg

I took the disc out of my ALP and installed a modified M+ss dosing cap.Only mod./ Hack is the1/4 inch /6.35mm hole I drilled into the small center hole in the dosing cap.
Unfortunately particles were passing through-Dont Use/Trythis method.unless you can put a screen under the drilled hole somehow.-
will have to mention I was able to thread the M+ss dosing cap. Lid.on to the Post .for the OG Disc.
-check your own measurements in case my numbers are off aTad.
I will justwait for the ALP Dosing caps. but VAS is ‘making‘ me think of a solution to particles getting in mouth or Lungs in the mean-time. Cheers!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back