Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Arbulate

There's a difference between growing cannabis for meds and growing hemp for fun in the boondocks. The hemp is an awfully long way away from where the cannabis grows. 10+ miles and substantial elevation changes - they are in a good place ;)

I am all about country living myself..............my backyards a hitch to mow.
DSC-0257-2.jpg

:frown:

Make seeds do it!!!!!!!
Best thing you can do besides grow your own is make your own seeds,I have for a long time and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
After a few generations\decades you wind up hereish..........lolz.

Sold! Something new. Finally let them do their thing, for once. So you do make seeds from your best plants?

Thinking about planting five seeds in small air-pots. (Have ten seeds.) Switch to 12/12 very early. Choose the healthiest pair.

Impressive bud shots from a grow. Having a hard time. What's your secret?

I bought some seeds, and planned to buy clones to finish out the crop. I think I realized too late that there would be light problems with putting the clones outdoors. The price of stupid is high my friends (but not like getting high high, just expensive high, not the other kind). Not sure if I should buy more seeds or experiment with clones from the shops and hope I learn something. My first thought is to contact a few nurseries and ask for light scedules and advice, or else I am just guessing what light schedule they are under anyway.

View attachment 7289
Now that's an outfuckingstanding frosty bud! Also a nice pussy, as in very cute furball :)

A shot of the neighborhood nursery...
Awesome sauce homie!!!
I love to see people grow their own it does my heart good,thank you.
That kitty is named tingtang and he is as sweetiepie.

Sold! Something new. Finally let them do their thing, for once. So you do make seeds from your best plants?

Thinking about planting five seeds in small air-pots. (Have ten seeds.) Switch to 12/12 very early. Choose the healthiest pair.

Impressive bud shots from a grow. Having a hard time. What's your secret?
Always use your best plants and you will be very happily surprised by the results....I promise.
The only secret is there are no secrets I laid out how I do it exactly.........do you have specific questions that makes it easier to answer.
Stay off of cannabis forums the"grow advice"is generally poor at best and outright retarded for the most part.
No bottled nutes.........see the retard reference...........same for led lights.........they will replace hid eventually but not yet.
I start people off new exactly how I do it I stress they follow it exactly for one full crop before changing shit.
That gives them a successful crop as a baseline for future comparison.........very few deviate for long.

I bought some seeds, and planned to buy clones to finish out the crop. I think I realized too late that there would be light problems with putting the clones outdoors. The price of stupid is high my friends (but not like getting high high, just expensive high, not the other kind). Not sure if I should buy more seeds or experiment with clones from the shops and hope I learn something. My first thought is to contact a few nurseries and ask for light scedules and advice, or else I am just guessing what light schedule they are under anyway.
Clones will need to be out under a shadecloth to harden them off for the first two weeks ime.
They can be as big or little as you want.........can I help with some specific tips?

Awesome sauce homie!!!
I love to see people grow their own it does my heart good,thank you.
That kitty is named tingtang and he is as sweetiepie.

Always use your best plants and you will be very happily surprised by the results....I promise.
The only secret is there are no secrets I laid out how I do it exactly.........do you have specific questions that makes it easier to answer.
Stay off of cannabis forums the"grow advice"is generally poor at best and outright retarded for the most part.
No bottled nutes.........see the retard reference...........same for led lights.........they will replace hid eventually but not yet.
I start people off new exactly how I do it I stress they follow it exactly for one full crop before changing shit.
That gives them a successful crop as a baseline for future comparison.........very few deviate for long.

Clones will need to be out under a shadecloth to harden them off for the first two weeks ime.
They can be as big or little as you want.........can I help with some specific tips?
Well, in trying to figure this out, I tried to go to a grow forum or two. They seem to veer off all over the place. I came back here to your admonition to not go to grow forums. You are, as usual, correct.
What I want is to buy clones, to either plant, or take clones from, then plant. What I am concerned about is taking them home, then having them prematurely go into flower because of the light change to outdoors. I had varying success with clones last year, but it was (hopefully) an unusual year due to tampering, so I'm not sure how much trouble was from my ignorance vs. interference. The big problem with outdoor is needing a year to try again to correct mistakes. Not knowing what was a mistake in my last grow, makes it difficult to adjust for this year. In future, I might stick to seeds and take clones from those, but it is such fun to go clone shopping, that I hate to miss the thrill. On the other hand, I know instant thrills must invariably be paid for later. ( I generally avoid fun for this reason).
Specifically , my concerns are, when do I buy clones for outdoors? And when do I stop? Is there a way to adjust for light differences? Would hardening off be mostly for temperature? What's a good shade cloth?
Would buying clones, then leaving the porch light on so there isn't a sudden drop in light, delay flowering until it's time for them to go into flower?
Also, how do you get such great closeups of your bud?
I'm determined this year will be better than the last. It's not fair to the plant to not be able to florish, and there are many that need cannabis that can't afford it. I want to be able to grow enough to be able to give more to those needing it.
I don't mind learning, but there is a great deal of misinformation floating around, and bad information leads to wrong action.

Awesome questions and let me take care of a couple things and I will answer you in nauseating detail.
Not that there is no good info on cannabis forums.........it is that you already need to know it almost to pick it out of all the bad..........which means you don't really need it anyhows.......lolz.

Awesome questions and let me take care of a couple things and I will answer you in nauseating detail.
Not that there is no good info on cannabis forums.........it is that you already need to know it almost to pick it out of all the bad..........which means you don't really need it anyhows.......lolz.

:love: :weed: :love:
Thank you @arb. I have been :BangHead:. You are :myday:. I look forward to :puke: amount of detail, leading to :weed:, then :volcano:. I am :uhoh: and :thinker:, and :cry: . I'm hoping for :idea: , :nod:, then :aaaaa:, leading to :clap: and :headbang:. I'd give you :hug:, except Mrs. arb would :rant:then :smackdown: . I'm more :angel2: than :smilie-devil:, just :ugh: trying to avoid :doh:, :confused: and :cry: then ruining :weed:. Anyway, gotta :scooter:. I'm late to :smoke: and bonghit , before I look too :tinfoil: and :mental:. Really, I'm more :nut: and maybe :freak: than anything, :goofs:.

:peace: :weed: :peace:

:love: :weed: :love:
Thank you @arb. I have been :BangHead:. You are :myday:. I look forward to :puke: amount of detail, leading to :weed:, then :volcano:. I am :uhoh: and :thinker:, and :cry: . I'm hoping for :idea: , :nod:, then :aaaaa:, leading to :clap: and :headbang:. I'd give you :hug:, except Mrs. arb would :rant:then :smackdown: . I'm more :angel2: than :smilie-devil:, just :ugh: trying to avoid :doh:, :confused: and :cry: then ruining :weed:. Anyway, gotta :scooter:. I'm late to :smoke: and bonghit , before I look too :tinfoil: and :mental:. Really, I'm more :nut: and maybe :freak: than anything, :goofs:.

:peace: :weed: :peace:

Best literate use of emojis ever.............you never cease to impress.
Regards timing cuts to go outside do it like nature does.
Cannabis flowers due to hormonal changes caused by the days beginning to shorten indicating the need to breed before death.
The hormone change is actually caused by the reduction in daylight not the increase in darkness.
Set your indoor veg light schedule to mimic your light.cycle where you are at........the farmers almanac is a good resource regards actual times and dates for last frost sun up and Sun down.
Shadecloth or filtered sunlight under trees allows the plants leaves to adjust from artificial light to natural light.........huge difference and the plants need about ten days or so to do so.
Any agricultural supply shop will have it if you don't have any appropriate shaded areas.
What kind of lights do you have now or plan on getting?
I would not worry about starting indoors unless you have a really short season.....just plant a couple extra cuts top them heavy during veg support and protect from the wind........wind wrecks topped outdoor plants wicked fast and grow like tomato plants........fairly similar in what and how they like it cannabis and tomatoes.
Artificially extending your vegetative season with lights means shortening your flowering season if you have frosts......that make sense?
So let them acclimate themselves to your garden and if you get cuts locally then they already.are most likely acclimated to your area......make sense?
Finally Rancho relaxo as long as you water same as the rest of your garden you will be gold.
You will get bugs have animals and weather break branches and possibly get them stolen right before harvest.........whether you are stressed out or not will change nada one whit.
Now something shiny to distract the mind.........lolz.
CSC-0292.jpg
CSC-0307.jpg
CSC-0296.jpg

Best literate use of emojis ever.............you never cease to impress.
Regards timing cuts to go outside do it like nature does.
Cannabis flowers due to hormonal changes caused by the days beginning to shorten indicating the need to breed before death.
The hormone change is actually caused by the reduction in daylight not the increase in darkness.
Set your indoor veg light schedule to mimic your light.cycle where you are at........the farmers almanac is a good resource regards actual times and dates for last frost sun up and Sun down.
Shadecloth or filtered sunlight under trees allows the plants leaves to adjust from artificial light to natural light.........huge difference and the plants need about ten days or so to do so.
Any agricultural supply shop will have it if you don't have any appropriate shaded areas.
What kind of lights do you have now or plan on getting?
I would not worry about starting indoors unless you have a really short season.....just plant a couple extra cuts top them heavy during veg support and protect from the wind........wind wrecks topped outdoor plants wicked fast and grow like tomato plants........fairly similar in what and how they like it cannabis and tomatoes.
Artificially extending your vegetative season with lights means shortening your flowering season if you have frosts......that make sense?
So let them acclimate themselves to your garden and if you get cuts locally then they already.are most likely acclimated to your area......make sense?
Finally Rancho relaxo as long as you water same as the rest of your garden you will be gold.
You will get bugs have animals and weather break branches and possibly get them stolen right before harvest.........whether you are stressed out or not will change nada one whit.
Now something shiny to distract the mind.........lolz.
CSC-0292.jpg
CSC-0307.jpg
CSC-0296.jpg
@arb, thank you for your detailed answers. I will put this to practice. I need to send Madri-Guy to the basement to check the lights. It's pouring, so it has to be tomorrow.
Putting the plants out sounds the same as putting out tomatoes, and I have trees so dappled light is covered.
I just informed M-G he gets to get information from the lights, and whatever grow stuff we own, tomorrow. He says he's happy to do it, and thanks for the tutorial.
We have a fairly long growing season, so no need to try to extend veg. Animals, yes. Dogs, cats, racoons, squirrels, possums. No telling about insects, but cabbage moths will show up. Mostly I see spiders, lady bugs, praying mantis, bees, butterflies and the cursed moth.
If you have stuff people want, some people will try to steal it, won't they? We've set up a multitude of video cameras, topped the fence with lattice , then planted the thorniest roses we could find all around the perimeter to grow through the lattice. I'm not saying they won't get in, but it might hurt. Beyond that, well, if the outdoor crop gets stolen, then I guess I'll be asking how to grow indoors. Too much has happened to worry about what might come next.
Thank you, @arb

@arb, thank you for your detailed answers. I will put this to practice. I need to send Madri-Guy to the basement to check the lights. It's pouring, so it has to be tomorrow.
Putting the plants out sounds the same as putting out tomatoes, and I have trees so dappled light is covered.
I just informed M-G he gets to get information from the lights, and whatever grow stuff we own, tomorrow. He says he's happy to do it, and thanks for the tutorial.
We have a fairly long growing season, so no need to try to extend veg. Animals, yes. Dogs, cats, racoons, squirrels, possums. No telling about insects, but cabbage moths will show up. Mostly I see spiders, lady bugs, praying mantis, bees, butterflies and the cursed moth.
If you have stuff people want, some people will try to steal it, won't they? We've set up a multitude of video cameras, topped the fence with lattice , then planted the thorniest roses we could find all around the perimeter to grow through the lattice. I'm not saying they won't get in, but it might hurt. Beyond that, well, if the outdoor crop gets stolen, then I guess I'll be asking how to grow indoors. Too much has happened to worry about what might come next.
Thank you, @arb
Exactly like putting out tomatoes,I suspect you are far better at this than you realize.
Growing cannabis can become far more of an obsession than you can imagine......proceed with caution it can lead to free thinking,better physical,mental and emotional health,financial freedom and prison.......just to name a few of the benefits.....lolz.

As much as I love bud pix, I have to say *yours* look the best of any I’ve seen, arb - no kidding.
That’s okay...I’ll just sit here and wait for my iso wash to evaporate...shouldn’t take more than another week...

Thank you that is most kind.......it is not too hard you can do it to.

Exactly like putting out tomatoes,I suspect you are far better at this than you realize.
Growing cannabis can become far more of an obsession than you can imagine......proceed with caution it can lead to free thinking,better physical,mental and emotional health,financial freedom and prison.......just to name a few of the benefits.....lolz.

Thank you that is most kind.......it is not too hard you can do it to.
If it weren't mj it would be squash or comfrey, or something. You have to grow something, or it's not a garden. More of that sort of thing can go in the front yard. As someone once said to me, you can buy heirloom tomatoes for $5.99 per lb., how much do you pay for a lb. of weed ? It was a trick question, as I could never afford a pound of weed, but it was said. The same person tried to convince me to tear out my trees, and only grow weed, but that would never happen either. There's enough room to grow enough. No point over planting and getting greedy, but also no reason veggies can't grow out front.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back