Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Arbulate

DSC-0320.jpg

DSC-0318-2.jpg

DSC-0314.jpg

Plant health through every stage of development via a one part nutrient that requires zero ph adjustment.........a 25 pound bag cost 75.00 roughly and lasts me a couple years.
I do not own a ph meter and have used this system across the country with a variety of water sources.......you guys buying bottles and adjusting ph with led lights swear by them........can you do it like this?
Trying to lead the horses to the trough.............the plants tell the truth...........CAN YOU DIG IT?

Intriguing for sure! I'll gladly try your method as every method I've tried has had drawbacks or mixed results. I've been told my water is to blame, and was told to use RO water. Too much waste for me. I gotta make sure whatever I do is tuned for my water. If your method as easy as you say, I'm for sure gonna to try. I do like my LED's however ;)

Plant health through every stage of development via a one part nutrient that requires zero ph adjustment.........a 25 pound bag cost 75.00 roughly and lasts me a couple years.

Please, do tell! Considering growing seeds from a Mexican heirloom tomato in the off-season, mainly for company. Figure it can take heat and humidity.

I've been told my water is to blame, and was told to use RO water.

Early on, tried distilled water (similar to RO) with disastrous results. Tap water has some buffering capacity, which might explain why it's difficult to pH. The calcium/ magnesium balance, two common ions in hard water, might not be optimal. You might get better results with an easier, less expensive filtration option than RO.

Thank you that is most kind.......it is not too hard you can do it to.
I have no doubt that I can do it - I feel sheepish for not committing to it back when I had resources, but I imagined then that my old age would be otherwise than I find it.... Now, there’s nothing I’d rather spend my victory laps doing than growing the herb, sharing the herb, making friends, being with friends and family, doing things that feel good, spreading the love, and upping the vibe.

In my current situation, I can’t grow. Even if I had the permission of the property owner, which I explicitly don’t have, there are multiple adults, multiple on-the-spectrum children, and limited space, etc. Likewise, I’m in no position to arrange another site any faster than my current efforts, so late spring / early summer is the soonest I can expect to be somewhere else and begin to make arrangements.

When it happens, I’ll be ready, and have a plan. Fortunately, I’ve been preparing for this since I picked up “The Cultivator’s Guide to Marijuana”, back in the 70s. I have Clarke and Rosenthal and Cervantes, including some videos, and I crawl the net every 5 years or so to update myself on the state of things grow-wise, from GrowWeedEasy to ICmag and back again.

I bought seeds, as a down-payment on the dream coming true.
I appreciate your encouragement and inspiration.

Last edited:
I do not own a ph meter
I would suggest most people that use 2 part nutrient or more should own one, they cost about $10 and last for years. A bottle of PH up and down are about $12ea. The most expensive part is the calibration fluid, that cost me $30 for a liter 15 years ago and I still have a 1/3 left. :thumbsup:
I have had this one for about 4 years now;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pocket-...175052&hash=item3d3c12416d:g:c5YAAOSwi7RZJokz
s-l1600.jpg

My plants suffer if the Ph is not kept at around 6.1, not death but poor yields:thumbsup:

CSC-0307.jpg
CSC-0327.jpg
http://www.jrpeters.com/products_/16491/17592-jack-s-professional/16328-20-20-20-general-purpose.

This is a reputable horticultural company with decades of experience.
Please.........just stop with the nonsense and for the love of all that is good and right.......listen to the man who lost multiple games of tictactoe to a chicken and follow the link.
You can stubbornly cling to what is not working or listen to someone who has a horticultural background and grows this specific cultivar for a living.........for fucks sake.
:popcorn:
http://www.sungro.com/retail-product/sunshine-mix-4/
Medium.........use it.

Last edited:
follow the link.
For use on
All outdoor grown plants.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:They are the experts, better listen to them.

You can stubbornly cling to what is not working
What's not working, apart from me.:thumbsup:

But this is your thread, so I will shut up:smoke:

http://www.jrpeters.com/products_/16491/17592-jack-s-professional/16328-20-20-20-general-purpose.

This is a reputable horticultural company with decades of experience.
Please.........just stop with the nonsense and for the love of all that is good and right.......listen to the man who lost multiple games of tictactoe to a chicken and follow the link.
You can stubbornly cling to what is not working or listen to someone who has a horticultural background and grows this specific cultivar for a living.........for fucks sake.

Thanks - definitely worth a try. Would love to see a readable image of the lablel (can't find one online). What makes it an outdoor fertilizer? Have you tried their other fertilizers, like the blossom booster?

Hesitant to change, because bottled nutes are working. As a DIYer, just feel foolish knowing that they're overpriced. Also, not ideal for drip watering. Used a metal halide lamp in the 1990s. LEDs aren't better generally, just more suited to this small grow space.

Purdy!

Quick question - do growers prefer a screen canopy? In airpots I've just been using tomato plant frames. When in soil I just used bamboo stakes to push branches around to let light get deeper. Does the screen make it more difficult to get to the containers? Whats the procedure for moving plants?

I use the trellis netting for support otherwise the plants collapse towards the end of flower.
Once in flower they don't move until chop I prefer the netting over poles or sticks because I have poked myself in the eye bending over the plants.
I use a 1 gallon watering can with a long spout it reaches in no problem.

Your grows are absolutely brilliant @arb and I hope to achieve your level at some point in my future. I made a few mistakes on my first one here. So next round is going to be much smoother. I’m kind of in a bunch at the moment as you’ve seen in my current grow post. I have about 8-9 weeks left of flower. I do move them to water and can only imagine the later it gets in flower I could be potentially putting them at danger, by moving them.

Your plants look great no matter the number of grows you have done!
They get harder to move the further along in flower they get but my guess is you will figure it out and fix your minor issues next round........you will get a feel for spacing and taking cuts on schedule as you gain experience.......it really is fairly easy to do.
Your grows are absolutely brilliant @arb and I hope to achieve your level at some point in my future. I made a few mistakes on my first one here. So next round is going to be much smoother. I’m kind of in a bunch at the moment as you’ve seen in my current grow post. I have about 8-9 weeks left of flower. I do move them to water and can only imagine the later it gets in flower I could be potentially putting them at danger, by moving them.

Whoops, I reread my post. I said 8-9 weeks left it’s more like 4-5 weeks left.. You’re right @arb Ive already thought of a few solutions. I’m going to do an auto run next to squeeze a quick harvest in before summer. Really don’t think my conditions inside are ideal for summer. For the next time I run phenos I’m definitely using a Scrog net with a way to drain into a tray for easy watering and removing the water.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back