Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Arizer Solo II

I've been using the standard straight stem and it works well. I'm not using a screen just the holes at the bottom. I like the bent shorty turbo that I have from PlanetVape.

Heat up time is fast. The temp doesn't dip after you take a draw. Even temp flow. It adjusts easily to different temperatures.

Really loving my Solo 2. Very easy to use and adjust your vaporizing time and the volume of the beep. The temp adjustments also very easy. Arizer did well with this unit. Using the standard straight stem that comes with it most of the time now.

Trying to use a course grind so I don't get flakes. My temp is anywhere between 375 and 380 degrees. I did use my j hook too. That works awesome as well.

I'm not noticing any off gassing as some on other venues have suggested. Watch out for misinformation from a couple folks. There are Arizer haters out there.

@CarolKing I saw a video on IG where the Arizer II totally milked a bubbler; something I have not been able to do with the og Solo. Have you tried it through water?

As to the off gassing... There are some folks who feel the need to 'off gas' every vape they get prior to use. Now I wont say this is a bad idea... just extreme in some cases.

I used my D020 bubbler with the Solo 2 last night. It did a good job with plenty of thick clouds. I can't make a video but it was a nice pairing the D020 worked great with the Solo2.i used a shorty GonG from planet vape. I filled it up twice. It was a nice set up. Afterwards I went right to sleep.
Hi Carol - did the gong have notches in the oven end to help draw resistance like the Flowmaster stems??

@Baron23 this is the GonG it's a PVHES shorty. It does have notches in the end for airflow.

• zTrs5yL.jpg

Here's a picture with the H2O filtration bubbler that is pictured above. It works well and is worth the $15 price just slightly higher than a stock stem. I did buy some PBW these look difficult to clean. I will soak in the PBW using a glass stem container from Planetvape.
4gSvgvM.jpg

This I bought @PuffItUp

I'm still on my honeymoon with Arizer's newest portable. My fave portable right now.:dancing:

Heat up time is less than 30 seconds.
A very solid unit that feels nice in my hand with the newer oval shape. A more natural feel. It is fairly large for a portable but that's not important to me.

I've been working on using my standard stem and trying to get as much resin on it before I clean it. I bought some long qtips that are made of wood and are six inches long. The stems feel tight when the unit is cold so heat it up first before inserting your stem.
I give a heat soak of the stem of the Solo for 30 seconds before taking my first draw. I do this with my Solo OG as well. I use a more coarse grind so little bits don't go down through the holes at the bottom of the stem.

As with the original Solo the Solo 2 gives a smooth and flavorful vapor.

I fill the stem almost to the top but leave a little clearance at the top. I give my load a pinky pat. I don't pack necessarily. You need adequate airflow. The draw resistance has improved compared to the Solo OG. If you pack too tight you will have a restricted draw. Also keeping the holes in the bottom of the stem oven clear of any ABV or flowers allows for better airflow. I'm not using a screen.

My temperature is anywhere 375 to 390 degrees. A perfect unit to stair stems temp during a session and gradually increase your temp every few minutes. The temp goes all the way to 428 degrees.

Most of the time but not always I can get 2/ 15 min sessions per load. It depends on the cannabis though.

The standard long stem that comes with the unit is my fave but I love the little bubbler too. I have it pictured above. My standard long stem is smelling pretty potent right now but I'm on a mission to try to get the resin as thick as possible

Arizer did a nice job with the digital temperature screen with all the added features. You can adjust your sessions from 6 to 15 min along with whatever temp you want to vaporize at. Another thing you can adjust the beep when your session has started and ended from high, med, low or silent. There's a count down when turned on from eight to zero then a smiley face pops on the screen. You press the top outer ring on top to start the heating process. I guess you can adjust the start up time when the unit starts to heat up. Right now it's 8 seconds. I haven't figured that out. I need to reread the directions. Other than that the menu seems easy enough to use.

If you have the Solo OG it's a perfectly wonderful vaporizer this just has extra bells and whistles. I think my fave feature is being able to adjust my temp to the exact heat that I want.

Edit
I didn't mention the tank of a battery this unit has. It has 2+ hours of use depending on variations in vaporizing techniques such as draw and temperature.

Last edited:
I give my load a pinky pat
Love this. :biggrin: Nice write up Carol.

I'm glad to hear the draw resistance has improved. I've found myself using the stems I got from Ed rather than the stock stems with my og Solo. You've really gotten me interested in this vape upgrade though.... and I may just want to snag one. I do a lot of traveling back and forth from Spring to late Fall. And it is a pita to pack for each trip.... just the vape paraphernalia alone is ridiculous and then you add clothes and food. I'm finding myself wanting to upgrade my vape situation up there badly. I could leave my og up there and get the Arizer II for home use. Hmmmmmm......

And that little bubbler looks fun. It reminds me of the little Zap bubbler I got in the CRZ days. I think that is a bit bigger than yours though. I need to dig that out and play with it again... bet it would work on the Solo.....

Wow. Just look how inspiring you are today! Of course... you have a little help from the edibles I ate a bit ago... :dog:

Here's a picture with the H2O filtration bubbler that is pictured above. It works well and is worth the $15 price just slightly higher than a stock stem. I did buy some PBW these look difficult to clean. I will soak in the PBW using a glass stem container from Planetvape.
4gSvgvM.jpg

This I bought @PuffItUp

That looks so damn sexy.
And my Solo II is being sent back for warranty :(

I’ve heard of a few folks that have had to send their Solo 2 in for warranty. It’s been an error warning on the screen or the unit just doesn’t turn on. There’s hasn’t been many though that I’ve heard about. I’ve had good luck with mine. I haven’t had any issues. I use this portable the most. Even more than the Grasshopper.

Arizer did a good job with the upgrades IMO. I see they’ve come out with another new portable, the ARgo. Keep your eyes open for that unit. Arizer has come out with three new portables in 2017.

This vaporizer is a nice one while recovering on the couch from knee replacement. It’s very portable and the battery wants to keep going. I’m supplementing my pain meds so I don’t have to take so much. It’s easy to put in my pocket of my robe. A pretty spring day here in the Pacific NW. I’m ready for nice weather.

4gSvgvM.jpg

This I bought @PuffItUp
Holy shit, now that is a game changing product! In my flower vaping days, I moved away from vapes like the Solo (OG solo back then, this new one wasn't available at the time) in favor of less harsh vapes like the Mighty. The short, direct vapor path straight from the heater to the user's mouth always made vapes like the Solo too harsh for my purposes, especially toward the end of a load. The integrated C/U of the Mighty/crafty is one solution that resolved that issue for me, but a bubbler mouthpiece like this would be a wonderful idea for taming that harsh vapor too!

Tell me, do you need to empty the water from this bubbler mouthpiece for transport purposes (to prevent leaking), or could this bubbler be pocketed for portable use and brought wherever the Solo II goes? Either way, no deal breaker!

My other question is have you experienced any leaks from this bubbler during use? Can water get down to the load below?

Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back