Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Bud Shots

I see loads of these all over Instagram, and while in colorado on holiday, i met a nice guy who let me smoke (yes smoke, would have been incredibly rude not too) one of these amazing nugs...
And it was a massive anticlimax...
Most of all that goodness is wasted as soon as the fire hits it.... it's criminal...

I then let him have a go with my vapcap, loaded with some 31% herb and some 85% budder..
And I blew his mind...
Needless to say he was back for more throughout my time there...
And was still mightily impressed, with just herb, even just the 15% keylime pie...

So it just goes to show, it's overkill...

Token bud shots...
KC03d9L.jpg

5fYPb8d.jpg

Nevilles haze...

Sort of what I thought; even if it is eye candy. :biggrin:

At least with these you can see the quality of the bud they use to start. With moonrocks, they often take inferior bud and coat it with inferior kief. You have no idea what you're getting because they coat the whole bud. And like I said; I've also always thought that these were geared more towards smokers than vaporists. :twocents:

I see loads of these all over Instagram, and while in colorado on holiday, i met a nice guy who let me smoke (yes smoke, would have been incredibly rude not too) one of these amazing nugs...
And it was a massive anticlimax...
Most of all that goodness is wasted as soon as the fire hits it.... it's criminal...

I then let him have a go with my vapcap, loaded with some 31% herb and some 85% budder..
And I blew his mind...
Needless to say he was back for more throughout my time there...
And was still mightily impressed, with just herb, even just the 15% keylime pie...

Token bud shots...
KC03d9L.jpg

5fYPb8d.jpg

Nevilles haze...
Now that is some beautiful flower man! Well done on producing that one (I assume this is from your garden?)!

I'd love to make hash from that :biggrin::weed: Also a delicious classic haze variety. There can never be enough of that kind of material going around!

I assume this is from your garden

It's actually not... it's incredibly rare for me to purchase any product..
I get given samples all the time, but nothing meets my standards, so gets rejected....
This however, just made the cut...

Although it's still no where near the quality I am used to... it tastes nice, and is an ok high, but just doesn't plume vapour with comparable amounts to any of my flowers...
That's gotta mean someting right???
And just isn't as strong...
But still, a nice change... I probably would buy it again, but mainly for the taste...
Although again, I think it would have tasted better if I grew it... but maybe all grower feel lile this....
Heres some of my produce...

TJt052i.jpg

Although it's still no where near the quality I am used to... it tastes nice, and is an ok high, but just doesn't plume vapour with comparable amounts to any of my flowers...
That's gotta mean someting right???
It could mean a number of things my friend. I know that a lot of those haze varieties are require a lot longer for flowering, and not necessarily such high flower/resin yielders compared to a lot of the varieties favored these days. I've had flowers of different varieties produced by the same grower, flowered for the same time in the same conditions which produce drastically different amounts of resin. I've had varieties that were grown immaculately that give me 10-15% return for rosin, and then others grown in the same way that give an average return of 25%+!

However, one thing cannot be discounted, these long flowering varieties provide flavors and effects that differ greatly from a lot of the larger resin yielders that we are used to.

But still, a nice change... I probably would buy it again, but mainly for the taste...
Wise words my friend, these varieties are definitely justified and my joy at seeing you having this material was because I am glad to see folks putting in the extra effort with the more difficult to cultivate varieties! Neville's haze is known to flower for ~18 weeks! That is a commitment!

Although again, I think it would have tasted better if I grew it... but maybe all grower feel lile this....
That may be the case, but then the question is: Are you prepared to grow a variety that needs to flower for that long? :biggrin:

I'd bet that if you did give one of these varieties a try, you'd have great results! I've never seen anything that you grew that looked less than stellar! :weed:

my joy at seeing you having this material was because I am glad to see folks putting in the extra effort with the more difficult to cultivate varieties! Neville's haze is known to flower for ~18 weeks! That is a commitment!

That may be the case, but then the question is: Are you prepared to grow a variety that needs to flower for that long? :biggrin:

I am not a basic kind of person, i always want to choose the tricky option, as it usually equates to a superior end product or result..
When I first started out I went straight in for full sativas with long flowering times...
Sativs is not so common here in the UK as people in cupboard prefer the lower stance they generally have... although now that almost everyhting is a hybrid now, its ot black and white anymore..

So yeah I'm no stranger to the tricky ones, it's what I go for... I avoid the hardy strains..
But give them ago if it's a free seed...
Iv never grown an auto..

And I go from seed evertime..
It's just for me, I'm in no rush, it's easy to produce far more than one man needs...
Even when I start squishing it all...

This may be bordering on getting told off now, so I'll leave there..

I appreciate your compliment...
If only I could teleport you some to try, id love someone else's opinion on my efforts.....

Edit.. I just realised this Nevilles haze is really good for squishing... huge dab in the evo coming up, it's gonna taste amazing...

Last edited:
Getting some 3 year old amnesia haze out soon.. it's amazing....
I'll post a bud shot of that in a while...

But for now there is this... not mine of course...
But I still love looking at these images...
Almost makes me want to a smoke...
JEJZ86P.jpg

But then I think of the waste... what an absolute waste... I could get higher, more times, with that amount of product vaped...

Here is a nug of the amnesia....
Couldn't get a good picture of it....
uxLpYrf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UQZ19jF.jpg

This is an ultra close-up shot of my latest flower (for reference, what is pictured here is ~1/15th of a square inch of the surface area of the bud), the rosin from which I recently shared in the Dabs and Slabs thread.

It was quite difficult for me to get clear shots because of the abundant resin and the challenge of using manual focus when there are so many lens-like glands in the picture. Still, looking at the centre of this shot, the abundant resin is there for all to behold! Beautiful, large capitate stalked glands, which clearly indicate why this material returns so much in rosin yields!

Here's another shot of the same nug with negligible zoom, as you can see, focus becomes difficult with all that resin - I'm sure there's a pun there.

c1tiWrE.jpg

Last edited:
I love Oregon in the fall . . . unpacking pics to come . . . :cool: Free weed rulz . . . :peace:

I love Oregon in the fall . . . unpacking pics to come . . . :cool: Free weed rulz . . . :peace:

yaya2.jpg

What a nice selction... and quantity....
Good choices....

What a nice selction... and quantity....
Good choices....
Thanks . . . :smile: The lower left is Jaeger. Both kush strains I already know but I have not tried Blue City Diesel before.

Ok, so I bought a cheap tripod, a ring light, and macro lens for my iPhone and these are the first attempts.

This is Northern Lights that I bought at our first Maryland dispensary open. Flower was from the grower Curio Wellness. As I commented before, the bud was kind of dried out and I wondered how the heck they had enough time to dry it and cure it before shipping to the newly opened dispensaries.

A fellow told me, though I can't confirm it, that they freeze dried it to hasten it along and be able to ship. I don't know that this is at all true, but look at the marco shot and those trichomes look a bit clear and rather raggedy so I wonder if this was true.

I have other flower to take pics of and in particular I bought an 1/8 from the second grower to ship, ForwardGro. Haven't even opened it yet (just got it) but I anticipate buying in small qty until I know the growers and processor's product offerings and quality.

Well, here they are:

Northern Lights

Northern Lights 1.jpeg

Northern Lights 2.jpeg

So, still working on my photog skills and have a long way to go. Got to work on focus of macro shots.

This is the other strain I picked up on Maryland's opening day. Its called Guice and there is precious little info on it. Supposed to be a Gorilla Glue #4 x Orange Valley OG cross. Condition looks perhaps a bit better than Northern Lights

Guice 3.jpeg

Guice 1.jpeg

Attachments

• Guice 2.jpeg
    Guice 2.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 157
This is the second time I'm writing this post...don't ask.

As I have already bored you, my state of Maryland recently opened its MMJ program and we have maybe a dozen dispensaries open right now, three or four growers shipping product, and I'm trying to get around to as many as I can in order to get a feel for who is good/who is not and what brands of products are better or worse.

So, today I launched to two dispensaries about 30 miles away (not a long commute in commuting happy DC metro area) in Columbia, MD. One of them was right in the grow building as they are a cultivator and soon will be a processor (extractions, etc) also. That was a kick in that as soon as I walked into the lobby of the store, I could smell the herb in the grow rooms which you cannot visit or see (but I will be in Seattle in early Aug and @SamuraiSam has offered to try to get me a tour of their grow/processing facility which would be wonderful and exciting).

But first, I went to Remedy of Columbia and they had a nice attractive store with a very smooth process and knowlegable staff...oh, and they didn't try to act like they were my doctor and understood their role was dispensing (and a few around here...I suppose in their zeal to prove to the state just how 'medical' they are do in fact cross that line a bit which I find annoying as I know more than they)

At Remedy, I purchased an 1/8th of Gorilla Glue by Curio (the grower). Everything in the state so far is pre-packaged by the grower with little to no opportunity to examine anything other than the state mandated test results. I'm buying small qtys at the moment as variety and quality are improving already and will continue to do so...so, I'm dipping my toe in and learning which stores and brands I think are doing a good job...hence multiple small purchases at the moment.

Curio was the first grower to ship in MD and their first product was pushed out the door, looked like it was freeze dried, was trimmed with a machine by a person who thinks they are doing crew cuts at a barber's school, and was generally not up to the N Cali herb that has kept me going for the last 2-3 years. But, I wanted some GG and it was just an eighth. To me, the trichomes look better (more intact and milky rather than clear) and while still a bit dry (its in a mason jar with a boveda pack) its not as powder dry as my first Curio purchase....but they still need to train their trimmers better or get rid of the frakin machine.

Here is what I got...I'm getting better with the macro pics, but I'm still far from great. Hope they are minimally acceptable

Attachment-5.jpg

Attachment-4.jpg

Attachment-3.jpg

Attachment-2.jpg

Attachment-1.jpg

Attachments

• Attachment-5.jpg
    Attachment-5.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 103

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back