Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

So happy to see my buddies @OldOyler and @Killick sharing pics of their rosin! Looking good my friends!
Me too, hb. I may be waking up a bit finally.

So, how am I doing on return? I know we talked about it before.

I am getting dead on 10% final rosin weight from dry bud weight from first squishes. I put pucks aside after first press until I go read more here in the concentrate forum on how to handle second presses, like should I re-fluff the pucks, or just head them straight into a qwet wash for rso caps, etc.

For instance, here's this morning's scrape, .23g of rosin from 2.41g of blue diesel, 5 separate nugs and presses, first squish only, pic here after a few minutes in fridge.

Absolutely freaking fantastic, going to post a melty vape pic here somewhere!

Peace hb!

0812171007.jpg

At room tempish:

0812171032.jpg

0812171034a.jpg

Last edited:
Me too, hb. I may be waking up a bit finally.

So, how am I doing on return? I know we talked about it before.

I am getting dead on 10% final rosin weight from dry bud weight from first squishes. I put pucks aside after first press until I go read more here in the concentrate forum on how to handle second presses, like should I re-fluff the pucks, or just head them straight into a qwet wash for rso caps, etc.
Greetings old friend! I hope you are very well too by the way!

That is not an unreasonable yield for a first press from some cultivars that I have used, but it is on the lower end of return from a first press that I've experienced. Some varieties just don't produce so much resin (also less mature flowers will have less weight in resin on them of course). The material that I press these days will tend to yield 15% on the first press and less than 2% on the second. Not the highest yield we've heard of, but certainly not the lowest.

Where you draw the line as to whether it is worth doing a second or even third press is up to you. If I had more time, I'd do more second presses myself. I find that the results can be nearly as good as the first if you didn't use too much heat in either press. Experiment with higher and lower temps on all of your different batches of flower as some plants want more or less heat to rosin optimally than others.

I do suggest folding some pucks in on themselves (folding the puck in on itself in half/quarters works very well) and trying a few 2nd presses. Collect them (they'll yield less so expect to do a few 2nd presses before you've got a good dab) and vape it to see whether you can justify the labor for what you get in return :) Otherwise you might consider other lower quality extracts for edibles etc as you say :peace:

Those rosins look wonderful brother! It is great to see you using DIY solventless extracts after all of our time shooting the shit about it! :biggrin: Doesn't rosin taste so good???

I'll have to return here later to share a beautiful 6 star bubble hash temple ball I made that looks like a huge glob of reclaim, but tastes like some kind of artisan dark chocolate. Made from flower that was dried and then cured for 1.5 years, the hash has then cured for 3 months. I find that curing resin in perfectly controlled conditions produces flavors that simply can't be had from live resin or resin that was dried but not cured. I'll be back with pics in the not too distant future! Wish I could send the smells and flavors though!

Last edited:
Peace hb!

If this is the lower end, I am SO okay with that!

Rosin is now my only intake method, although I need to get some rso caps going soon.

I go through half the amount of starting bud as opposed to grinding and vaping.

Awesome!

:thumbsup:

Peace all!

Like orange juice, rosin is best fresh squeezed. Souce strain is blue diesel.

Breakfast is ready...

0814171020.jpg

0814171021.jpg

Peace!

Yeah um @momofthegoons ...

You know that I learned that HERE at the Asylum, right...?

Newbie at this.

:smug:

Peace!!

Behold, the rosin setup of a half-wit:
0812171133.jpg

And just to show method, obviously no parchment/bud in there:

0812171133a.jpg

I lean on it with both hands while kneeling for 20 seconds or so, .2g buds, and try to get as much pressure as possible by putting as much of my weight on it as I can without me or the setup wobbling.

Last edited:
Ah....Mom went shopping. Whad 'ya get me? LOL

That looks like the kind of consistency I like. Malleable but still has that wet look to it. Looks fabulous, darling...simply fabulous.

Peace all!

Twice-pressed rosin pucks, turned into qwet shatter.

Excellent in the Yocan Torch.

0829171105a.jpg

Peace all.

Home-pressed "Candy Kush" rosin (actually a place's house version, cross is White OG x Trainwreck).

Can hardly finish sentences to post this after I tested in my trusty Torch...

Trusty. Torch.

Yeah I'm hammered, I can't believe that I said that...I'm outta here...!

(UPDATE: I stared waiting for the post to look right...a full minute..."Oh yeah...hit Post Reply, dude...!)

:partyhat:

0901170912b.jpg
0901170913.jpg

I don't do this much....for a number of reasons. But this stuff is just so terribly GOOD that I thought to share it. True pull-snap consistency and great 3x Craxy indica leaning high.

It didn't come with any testing numbers so I don't know how it proofs out. But, while perhaps not the most strictly hard hitting of all concentrates that I have used, it is one of the most beautiful experiences from how well it handles to taste to the quality of the effects to how clean it is when q-tipping.

3X Crazy Shatter.jpeg

I think I may have posted this before....same extractor. I just finished this .5 g last night (boohoo). It sugared up pretty good but I didn't see any downside to this

Alpine OG #1.jpg

I want some just for the name....Sacred Sap.....how cool is that?!! LOL
I have so much to learn period!
Today finally I'm relieved I know nothing really.

JACK HERER ROSIN very amazing however SACRED SAP?

OUT of what strain is SACRED SAP?

I want to know?
mmBgGKX.jpg

I always need ROSIN!

Last edited:
This particular sap was made out of WiFi OG (White Fire). It's as delicious as it looks. :biggrin: More Sativa than Indica but not racy.

And I've gotta say @Baron23 that last pic you posted has some mighty fine concentrate as well! :thumbsup:
Thanks Mom

So, I got a selection of N CA concentrates some time ago, strictly for personal use. The person aiding me in this one time only endeavor expressed on multiple occassins that he can't understand people paying $40/.5 g when the dispensary has a bunch of $12/.5 g concentrates. I begged to differ but in the end I got a lot of $25-35/gram stuff. Its very nice but there is a clear and obvious reason why folks like Prime can command more for their product. Its simply because its superior (or at least is in this case).

Cheers

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back