Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

@Stevenski & ataxian, thanks for that. It is good to know whats needed to keep ones fav going. I had no idea how long the caps would last. I have one that may be a year old. Jeff​

My CAP is near the end of life?
2017 I got it!
We only had joint’s and I never learned how to use a bong?
I liked the smaller mouthpiece on the new school water pipe’s!
Paper joint’s were easy to bury before surf!
DAZED & POLLUTED = CIVILIZATION 2 it’s most decent experience of modern existence!
“M” for my humble need’s needed a few decade’s ago?

Yes now that you mention it they came as a pair. From the same run I suspect. I just wanna say I appreciate the help. I really do.

I wuzz thinking... after having read through several threads on various topics here... Something is kinda of different..... Is there a lot of "Old Farts" here :)

Well I'm not getting younger & my desire to be right all the time diminished to near zero some time ago. Jeff
Does that cap fit the same on all yourr tips?

Maybe that cap is just smaller in diameter and with less of a gap between the cap and tip heat is transfered more efficiently.

I'm not a professor on therrmophysics, but I play one on VA

You could buff the surface of tthe tip with very fine steel wool. That might help with the sticking issue.

I'm really excited for this here!

Introducing the Shell-Shock Dynavap Midsection by BB Vapes BRVND!

Will be placing the order on Monday and thought I'd give everyone an opportunity to get in on some savings for a Pre-order. Save 20% with code "VGEZSHELLSHOCK" now through Sunday midnight EST. I don't have pics if all the finishes yet but I'll add as I get them. But for $40 shipped how can you go wrong? Variable airflow ring let's you see exactly the amount of fresh air you are mixing in. Go from wide open to flat closed. Threaded o-ringless condenser is a nice touch. 510 drip tip compatible. Turbulence cooling and a beefy Stainless Steel Body. It's a crazy good stem for a crazy good value!
Ordered one in black. Black goes with everything, right?

I received a package in the mail today. It's my new Vapcap holder!

There are three compartments. One holds a Vapcap and another for herb a the third has a bowl cleaner. It's very handy and very slick. The compartments are held closed with a spring and the Vapcap pops up when released. I love It!!!

20201019_141531.jpg

20201019_141431.jpg

Does that cap fit the same on all yourr tips?

Maybe that cap is just smaller in diameter and with less of a gap between the cap and tip heat is transfered more efficiently.

I'm not a professor on therrmophysics, but I play one on VA
All good assumptions. I believe the cap for what ever reason was just noticeably different in how quick it heated. Also it has been dropped landing on its edge.

The tang / digger tool on the cap, when heated the end of it would be forced into the cooling fin. Which is weird because the end of this tang usually falls between the top & bottom cooling fins. It's no big deal for me at all. I was given such a great deal on my WS Easy just to write it off as a learning experience & be happy with any knowledge thats gained :)

Last edited:
The tang / digger tool on the cap, when heated the end of it would be forced into the cooling fin.
Caps can be adjusted for fit. The digger outter can be pulled back a bit so that it doesn't catch on tip's fin. The cap can get stuck on the tip if it has been dropped on its head in a particular way. But possible damage aside, caps should be adjusted to your preference in terms of its snugness the tip.

To do this, remove the cap from the tip and hold the cap between your thumb and forefinger, on either side of the digger outter and squeeze gently but firmly. Test the fit on you tip and repeat until it fits nicely. Or squeeze in the other direction to adjust it out of round the other way.

Yup I've come to like my caps a tad lose. Not waiting for the cool down click but rather plucking the cap off with fingers after a sec or two when it comes time to reload during a session.

Is there a favorite replacement screen that most choose to use ? I've not got along with the Ti screens. Some one recommended screens from Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the Ti screens myself and give them a tap with a hammer when they get wonky. But the Stainless Steel Dynavap screens are preferred by many and are said to be more resilient and a bit easier to handle.
All joking aside: THE “M” is a great joint replacement device?
If cat’s & dog’s took a rip or two they would be so high like a kite on a windy afternoon!

I use the Ti screens myself and give them a tap with a hammer when they get wonky. But the Stainless Steel Dynavap screens are preferred by many and are said to be more resilient and a bit easier to handle.

The Ti screens are more brittle so the SS screens are more durable. I like both & you are 100 times more likely to lose one than break one. I like the Ddave Ti ones best though. Wish I had a dozen spare......

Shell-Shock stem actual product photos came out nicer than the renderings! What a pleasant surprise!

I hope to be shipping these by the end of next week or possibly early the following. VA10% code works as well. Holler with questions!
IMG_20201023_105118_447.jpg
IMG_20201023_105127_862.jpg
IMG_20201023_112504_791.jpg

Last edited:
One of my caps sticks on when it gets hot and is pressed on the ih
The other is loose
The SS shadow cap is perfect fit, but I don't use it as it takes longer to heat then the others
have you tried pinching it in different ways to modify the fit? I think the IH does kinda mess with these caps.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back