Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Got this thuya burl mouthpiece recently from dovetail woodworks out of Knoxville.
Thicker base than DV. Fits the vongs and edstnt stems
20210618_133934.jpg
nicely.
20210618_144537.jpg

what's up with the captive cap?
I wasn't too hopped up on the idea of the captive cap and would never have purchased it, but it came with the '21 Omni.

It operates like the regular caps. The difference is that instead of manually adjusting the fit of a new cap to your tip, the captive cap has indentations that allow it to snap securely into place around the tip. Pushing until it snaps in place is as satisfying as hearing a heating click.

IMO the captive cap doesn't add any functionality unless you haven't been able to squeeze fit your caps successfully, but I do find them oddly satisfying to use.

Is it a gimmick? Maybe. But it's fun and new. If I were to buy a new cap I think I'd choose the captive cap.

I find the loose rattling aspect of the cap unsettling. It feels like it's going to fall off the tip. When using an IH it feels like it will fall off the tip and does not fit snug to the top of the tip. But, everything works great. It just feels different. I imagine I will get used to it.

No new purchase this year... at all !
The 2020 M is my go to, heated with the flame of a parafine decorative lamp (preffered method for the gentle pace and the atmosphere) or an SJK IH (fast & efficient).
I feel that with the various Dynavaps the nuances are slim. And so, " Qu'importe le flacon pourvu qu'on ait l'ivresse" The bottle doesn't matter as long as you get the exhilaration ... :smile: A wonderful tool that keeps on giving as the years go by! :peace:

Does any one have experience with a Simrell stem vs the Dynavap Omni ?

Regarding taste the Simrell beats out a few well known desktops in my opinion.

I have over a dozen, various stems for the DV tip. I have yet to purchase a Dynavap stem. The new Omni is interesting to me

Does any one have experience with a Simrell stem vs the Dynavap Omni
Yes, I do. The Omni is unique in that the dialed air port offers a customized experience. The "set it and forget it" feature lets you tune in the exact amount of air resistance to your preference and toking style. The result, for me, is a smoother cooler vapour that is repeatable.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back