Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Why not it’s my money the company basically stole and we’re refusing to give me my money back (I do not need to explain myself to you), perfectly reasonable to take legal action and it worked (I should of been offered a refund from the beginning), again stop with your negativity on this thread and stop singling me out and please leave me alone. We don’t need the negativity of fc on here.

@Popi they were not empty threats, I am/was willing to go to court because the company were refusing to give me a refund and it’s my money regardless of amount, it was my problem not yours, please keep all the negativity to yourself there bud :thumbsup:, I don’t know why your starting on me, again I’m allowed a difference of opinion.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion . That's not the point obviously. Threatening legal action in long rants that include attacks on people by name using the words Nazi Gestapo etc ...that's the point. This device seems to work fine for most. Have fun on the Judge Judy Show.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion . That's not the point obviously. Threatening legal action in long rants that include attacks on people by name using the words Nazi Gestapo etc ...that's the point. This device seems to work fine for most. Have fun on the Judge Judy Show.
Where do you not understand leave me alone, your getting ignored you have been told several times now. And it’s clear what your point is and its derailing the thread.

Why not it’s my money the company basically stole and we’re refusing to give me my money back (I do not need to explain myself to you), perfectly reasonable to take legal action and it worked (I should of been offered a refund from the beginning), again stop with your negativity on this thread and stop singling me out and please leave me alone. We don’t need the negativity of fc on here.
I don't use FC just so you know. But I pretty sure you use to. I've been on here for four years as of yesterday. So now you know.

Okay, so I just asked buddy
No need for the projection and attacks on others in a reply to me

So - how is the flavour?
How hard is it to achieve and how long does it take to heat?
Sounds fiddly at first if you had to watch multiple videos in order to get a result
Is the quality of vapour the same?

For me it would be used on a bong as I already do with dv and one heat cycle would be brilliant if plausible
I also thought that it was meant to hold heat longer so you could sip and take puffs without having to reheat all the time
Didn't realise it had to be smashed down in one go - kinda defeats the purpose for some

Is there an in focus shot of your avb?
It doesn't quite look as extracted and even as I get with a wand and two heat cycles and no charring like torches tend to do

I still think I should buy a tube from Bunnings and sell cut off to everyone if this is the reception lol

If the community was so chilled these would be pushed as a diy mod not sold for ridiculous amounts of profit

Now back to the description of how to use and results
Love to hear actual information on the things that are important
Cheers
Yep. You should buy a tube if you can get the proper size that's close to pure and cut it up like you said.There have been many diy mods for months now. What do you think the profit margin is on something like this? What do you consider to be "ridiculous amounts of profit"? My feeling is Austyn is just saving people the trouble and providing that service for $10. Nobody's making anyone buy these.

How does your copper sleeve work for you?
Do you finish a bowl with one heating?
Any avb pics?
Is flavour good etc?

Cheers for any feedback
It would have to work pretty nice in one heating to be worth it to me as the wand two heat cycles is brilliant
Just tried the fmj with low temp cap on the half bowl setting in a 5 fin 4 channel ti tip. You wanted to know about the flavor....THIS is the way for flavor imo.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. You should buy a tube if you can get the proper size that's close to pure and cut it up like you said.There have been many diy mods for months now. What do you think the profit margin is on something like this? What do you consider to be "ridiculous amounts of profit"? My feeling is Austyn is just saving people the trouble and providing that service for $10. Nobody's making anyone buy these.
I dont want to be a part of an ongoing argument
I simply asked about function etc

How hard was it for you to dial in?
How long do you have to heat it past the click to work
Or how do you get it to function properly?
Is the flavour as good or not as good as og
Is the flavour of the same quality?
Is the vapour of the same or better or worse quality?
Do you have a pic of in focus AVB?
Am I mistaken about the one heat and sipping like a joint being possible?
When you say half bowl (always full for.me) is for flavour+ is that always or with the copper - do you mean that is best for flavour with the copper or best for flavour with the dv?
Does it only work if you chug it down quick? (Which is good for bong users, maybe not joint)

I am asking not to argue - as I have not got one - I am asking as I'm interested and truly would love to hear information on these points from users that say they get good results

As for the major profit making
We can start using basic first year of high school maths?
1.5 m (yea we use metric in ausland) was the length of the copper pipe I shared (it's pure as it gets - did you get a certificate with yours showing purity)
Also it is 10 euros or GBP - a lot more than $10
Now my link is $18 AUD for 1.5m
That's about $13 USD or $10 GBP (the price of the one from vapefiend)
Next we measure the cap - 15mm long
The sleeve you guys have is actually just smaller looking at the pics
But let's go with 15mm
1.5 m equals 1500mm
That makes 100 units at 15mm
Now considering there's a mm or two in blade cuts we can guestimate that will be a few less units than 100 but still 70+ easy (although as your pic is shorter I'd probs get 100 units)
70 copper sleeves that would cost me the price of one from vapefiend and 15 mins with an angle grinder or hacksaw
70 X 10 GBP equals 700 GBP
700gbp minus 10gbp equals - 690gbp profit from a 10$ part and no technical tools or skills in production
THAT is what I call stupid amounts of profits and pissing in our pockets
We haven't added the often overpriced postage cost yet

It is a mod that the "chilled community" should share as diy knowledge if they are so supportive of each other and not focused on making money from health and stoners and having pissing contests with each other

Now
As I am not trying to argue over this crap
Are you able or willing to share information on the points I asked?
Of course you're under no obligation to do so, but that is the reason we are here afaik
Id really love to know about the points I asked in my previous post and at the start of this one
If not all good

I might buy a copper pipe one day or I might not
Still curious about it

Have a vapey day ppl

Last edited:
Sigh.... oh where to begin.....

What the?
There are buyer protection laws in Scotland (and several other countries) that the U.S. does not have. And one is that if the customer is unhappy with a product that they are entitled to a refund, repair or full replacement if done within 30 days. Here is more info... So @Demonic chronic was well within his 'rights' to ask for a refund. It's not ours to determine if it was 'worth it' or not to ask for one.

Calling people Nazi Gestapo Mussolini etc does no good
I would tend to agree. One attracts more bees with honey than vinegar and all that....

again stop with your negativity on this thread and stop singling me out and please leave me alone. We don’t need the negativity of fc on here.
Where do you not understand leave me alone, your getting ignored you have been told several times now. And it’s clear what your point is and its derailing the thread.
@Demonic chronic you have a tendency to get very defensive when folks are in disagreement with you. This doesn't mean they are challenging you, picking on you or starting a fight. Nor does it mean you have to publicly announce that you are now going to ignore them. @Popi was in no way derailing the thread any more than you were with your defensiveness. He also added some lovely DV pics and his experience with the FMJ.

Forums are a place for discussion. And for anyone to think that we are all going to have the same opinion or feel the same about everything discussed here is ludicrous. So yes... there will be disagreements. But they can be civil.

Now folks... I've said it before.... and apparently need to say it again. Take the petty shit to pm. I do not like giving out warning points. But that doesn't mean I wont. And further derailment of this thread with personal comments or attacks will earn one. So knock it off. And if you think I am talking to you? I probably am. Let's return to that 'chill community' spirit that we enjoy please?

I dont want to be a part of an ongoing argument
I simply asked about function etc

How hard was it for you to dial in?
How long do you have to heat it past the click to work
Or how do you get it to function properly?
Is the flavour as good or not as good as og
Is the flavour of the same quality?
Is the vapour of the same or better or worse quality?
Do you have a pic of in focus AVB?
Am I mistaken about the one heat and sipping like a joint being possible?
When you say half bowl (always full for.me) is for flavour+ is that always or with the copper - do you mean that is best for flavour with the copper or best for flavour with the dv?
Does it only work if you chug it down quick? (Which is good for bong users, maybe not joint)

I am asking not to argue - as I have not got one - I am asking as I'm interested and truly would love to hear information on these points from users that say they get good results

As for the major profit making
We can start using basic first year of high school maths?
1.5 m (yea we use metric in ausland) was the length of the copper pipe I shared (it's pure as it gets - did you get a certificate with yours showing purity)
Also it is 10 euros or GBP - a lot more than $10
Now my link is $18 AUD for 1.5m
That's about $13 USD or $10 GBP (the price of the one from vapefiend)
Next we measure the cap - 15mm long
The sleeve you guys have is actually just smaller looking at the pics
But let's go with 15mm
1.5 m equals 1500mm
That makes 100 units at 15mm
Now considering there's a mm or two in blade cuts we can guestimate that will be a few less units than 100 but still 70+ easy (although as your pic is shorter I'd probs get 100 units)
70 copper sleeves that would cost me the price of one from vapefiend and 15 mins with an angle grinder or hacksaw
70 X 10 GBP equals 700 GBP
700gbp minus 10gbp equals - 690gbp profit from a 10$ part and no technical tools or skills in production
THAT is what I call stupid amounts of profits and pissing in our pockets
We haven't added the often overpriced postage cost yet

It is a mod that the "chilled community" should share as diy knowledge if they are so supportive of each other and not focused on making money from health and stoners and having pissing contests with each other

Now
As I am not trying to argue over this crap
Are you able or willing to share information on the points I asked?
Of course you're under no obligation to do so, but that is the reason we are here afaik
Id really love to know about the points I asked in my previous post and at the start of this one
If not all good

I might buy a copper pipe one day or I might not
Still curious about it

Have a vapey

You asked me about flavor and function and as i stated it took me a couple of tries to dial it in and i think i specified that i tried the fmj on the half bowl setting with the low temp cap and this is the way for flavor. It will take a while to experiment with all the different combinations so those are the only answers i can give you at this point other than the FMJ works for me. Looking forward to hearing the results of your diy mod if you try to produce one. @felvapes

You asked me about flavor and function and as i stated it took me a couple of tries to dial it in and i think i specified that i tried the fmj on the half bowl setting with the low temp cap and this is the way for flavor. It will take a while to experiment with all the different combinations so those are the only answers i can give you at this point other than the FMJ works for me. Looking forward to hearing the results of your diy mod if you try to produce one. @felvapes
Maybe I am wording my questions wrong
I'll try to simplify as I haven't got the answer I was looking for

1 - Do you think that the flavour with the copper sleeve is better than a native dv, the same, or different? (regardless of what size bowl you used as long as it was the same for the purpose of the test - if that's half cool)

2 - How long do you heat it for - and if this is past the click, how long past the click did you find was the way to get it to finish a bowl in one heating (also is it easy to repeat)

3 - Is it not possible to heat a full bowl once and take draws or sip like it was a joint?
Do you have to finish it in one coughy hit as you mentioned? (Although this may work on a bong)

4 - Is the vapour the same quality as a native dv, better, different?

And lastly if I'm not being a pest could I possibly see a focused shot of the avb
(Only if it isn't too much trouble)

Cheers mate
I hope I don't come across as if I'm trying to argue at all
Sometimes people can mistake my intent/tone
I truly am interested in the answer to those questions and am not trying to be passive aggressive or combative in any way

Last edited:
If your having to heat past the click then why use a sleeve at all, just do that with a normal cap :thumbsup: .
Because a normal cap overheated equals combustion

I understand the idea and science behind the copper sleeve
Just wanting some feedback from people who reckon it works well on how this is achieved

Troy gives a promising video here

@Popi would love to hear your thoughts on the questions posed

Have a vapey day all :)

EDIT
The one idea I had for ensuring the Bunnings pipe I shared would fit was to slice it down the side so it can be form fit
This is exactly what the "fmj" unit does anyway looking at Troy's video lol

I wonder if having a fancy S engraved on the copper pipe is worth the 990% profit he makes

Last edited:
Fair enough @Popi
I didn't think they were big questions
All good mate
Happy vaping

Here is a very interesting thread started by @momofthegoons
Thank you motg
I'll be giving the copper sleeves a miss regardless of the function now

DV SIGNATURE SERIES​

(color version is ONLY $335 )​

CHECK IT

1654801441674.png