Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
You been vaping seedy pot again?
She is a beautiful little blonde!
I have decided that I will no longer remove the O-rings from my tips anymore while cleaning, I seem to inflict more damage on them than ISO ever will.:thumbsup:

A tiny jar of Iso & some cotton buds eliminate needing to remove O rings @LesPlenty. I keep a pretty simple regime for cleaning my VapCaps. Screens get a quick torch to clean. Condensers get an Iso dipped cotton bud or two run through it until it comes out clean. Tips get swabbed out & run through with cotton buds & I have never needed to change any O rings in 2+ years. An alternative is alcohol swabs. I use them because I got a few boxes for free & are for the real lazy fuckers.

I am lazier, I just pull the Vapcap apart (and used to take the O-rings off the tip, no more) and drop the metal pieces (less the cap) in a plastic test tube 3/4 full with 99.9% Iso and suspend that in my ultrasonic cleaner for 10 mins then drop the parts out oft he ISO filled test tube straight into the water filled ultrasonic cleaner for another 10 mins, good as new, probably better!

On soft cleanup days i'll just take the cap off and run the entire Omni in the Dishwasher, most of the funk comes off, that's when im feeling lazy, otherwise similar to you LesPlenty.
although yesterday I commenced a deep cleaning on all SS/Ti caps, used about 10 Q-tips, Iso and just went to town on them, soaked the screens, either way I rarely touch the O-rings. They are still going strong so far. Managed to turn on another ex smoker co worker of mine today! more the merrier, some people I noticed don't get used to the cool down clicks when learning how DV operates, others get it right away naturally.

I have been looking at the 6 liter monsters so I can fit a large bong whole, I have a 2 liter model for now!

Yes, but I have to stand the bong up and use a champagne stopper in the joint then fill the rest up with water, that is why I want a 6ltr, my 2lt was about AU$60, s/s digital temp control and timer.

Granted I’ve only had my caps since June, but so far I don’t take them apart. I just run a q-tip through the whole thing from the mouthpiece side, then swipe out the cap, and the tip. Haven’t even used iso yet, but I’m sure I’ll need to eventually.

These seem WAY easier to keep clean then my old combustion pipes and such.

Ultrasonic cleaners, a bit dearer than when I got mine, 2ltr analog AU$63 don`t bother, no heater.
I have this 2ltr one, AU$79.99;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2L-Digi...370984?hash=item3ac4f32028:g:k2YAAOSwwidbc5RE
s-l64.jpg

I want this 3.2ltr one AU$122;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital...76:m:mgqLjOGiNlqD11Cr8dwnjOg&var=651280422606
s-l300.jpg

With an inside length of 240mmx135mm all my bongs would fit lying down

I never remove o rings.. but i strip the rest..
I poke a dry cotton wool bud (qtip) through condenser first to claim some untainted dynapoo..
The goo fucks me up..
Then i just iso and qtip the rest, followed by a hot rinse...
If the wood has taken on any odour, then some bicarb yammed in for 48 hours gets it back to new..
I keep all my vapcaps prettt clean..
Well oiled...
And wirewooled every now and then..

Granted I’ve only had my caps since June, but so far I don’t take them apart. I just run a q-tip through the whole thing from the mouthpiece side, then swipe out the cap, and the tip. Haven’t even used iso yet, but I’m sure I’ll need to eventually.

These seem WAY easier to keep clean then my old combustion pipes and such.
The screen needs a clean too....you will get better flow and vape production if pop it out and give a swipe at same time :)
I agree the VC is very low maintenance

I have ordered a 7 and 8mm diamond drill bits to help if they are close :thumbsup:

...i received my @Pipes PSM lastnight, and wholly fuck does an induction heater really change the vapcap game!! after using it, idk how you can own a vapcap and not an ih :idon'tknow:

...best investment beside vapcaps is the PSM (damn you wouldnt want to mis-type that acronym)

..i received my @Pipes PSM lastnight, and wholly fuck does an induction heater really change the vapcap game!! after using it, idk how you can own a vapcap and not an ih :idon'tknow:

...best investment beside vapcaps is the PSM (damn you wouldnt want to mis-type that acronym)

perhaps it comes in handy at home, their is something ritualistic though about using a torch idk. looking forward to George and gangs mug style to go IH to bring on the road.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back