Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
S/S has different heat properties than the Ti version. They tend to retain heat noticeably longer than Ti & as they get hotter provide more conduction? This would be the case if you run multiple back to back heat cycles.

Personally I am Ti all the way.

S/S has different heat properties than the Ti version. They tend to retain heat noticeably longer than Ti & as they get hotter provide more conduction? This would be the case if you run multiple back to back heat cycles.

Personally I am Ti all the way.
I love the omni feature I just dont really get the effects I'm looking for from the ti. I dont understand why dynavap forces you into ti if you want to use them

I dont understand why dynavap forces you into ti if you want to use them
You can swap and change, whatever you feel like as there is no right or wrong way to configure your vape.:smoke:

But I can not.. you cant use the features of the omni with out a ti tip. Thus making it just a really fancey 19M lol. I still like it just wish I could happily use all of its features

You can use an SS tip and omni condenser no issues?

I prefer Ti most of the time
But sometimes I think the ss tastes better

Effects I think are similar though

But I can not.. you cant use the features of the omni with out a ti tip
I did not know this...I have learned something today.:thumbsup:

You can use an SS tip and omni condenser no issues?
OK, I thought I just learned something different?:thinker:

I never remove them...maybe I should and clean underneath?
I would only remove them to clean underneath whenever you have a problem, I tore heaps of o-rings by trying to remove them for cleaning so I leave mine on nowadays.:thumbsup:

I did not know this...I have learned something today.:thumbsup:

OK, I thought I just learned something different?:thinker:

I would only remove them to clean underneath whenever you have a problem, I tore heaps of o-rings by trying to remove them for cleaning so I leave mine on nowadays.:thumbsup:
The omni condenser works fine with the ss tip however you cannot set and adjust the airflow it functions like a xl M

O rings are one of those consumables everyone should have a pack or 10 floating about. I think i have broken one O ring in three years but it can happen.

Do you soak your tip in iso Ron? That tends to expand the O rings. Best way i found is using iso soaked q tips or thise little iso swabs.

I just put the condenser in both tips
There is a very slight difference in hole size but only tiny
And both my Ti tips have a slight difference to each other too

So without miniscule calipers to check the insides I can't tell the diameters and tapers

But the condenser has play in the tips all the way to the screen in both Ti and Ss
Only a tiny bit
And different ever so slightly in all three

So I can't and won't argue against a taper vs none
And there may be a small difference between tips and how it works with the condenser
But it does work in the Ss and to my experimenting there is minimal difference

Different yes
How much? Not sure

But then I say I like my omni and it is better than the m
But not sure it's that much different

And I think the length makes more difference to vape quality/taste/cool than the condenser being screwed in and out

This is just my experience anyway

I just put the condenser in both tips
There is a very slight difference in hole size but only tiny
And both my Ti tips have a slight difference to each other too

So without miniscule calipers to check the insides I can't tell the diameters and tapers

But the condenser has play in the tips all the way to the screen in both Ti and Ss
Only a tiny bit
And different ever so slightly in all three

So I can't and won't argue against a taper vs none
And there may be a small difference between tips and how it works with the condenser
But it does work in the Ss and to my experimenting there is minimal difference

Different yes
How much? Not sure

But then I say I like my omni and it is better than the m
But not sure it's that much different

And I think the length makes more difference to vape quality/taste/cool than the condenser being screwed in and out

This is just my experience anyway

Hmmm. Interesting, since Dynavap says that shouldn't work. Now I'm curious. I have an M, but not an Omni to look for myself.

The top edge of my new silo was crimped in 4 places, sharp and digging into the o ring. They replaced it. Be aware that none of my nonavongs, edstnt or anything but straight and narrow will fit in new silo...and no storage for botanicals. It has nice weight and an ok magnet and comes in standard and xl.

Interplanetary Development has taken the New Silos down from their website (and Sneaky Pete's site) because of people finding that their pieces were getting scratched. The inside of the tube is rough in some cases. I have a feeling that the manufacturer of the New Silos was a lower quality manufacturer than I.D. had counted on.

I expressed concern and my New Silo was refunded before I even received it, because I had thought it was fully lined based on the text I had read on Sneaky Pete's. I did take a look upon receipt though -- the inside of mine was not as rough as the one someone posted a picture of, but still not smooth. There was o-ring damage similar to what was described here, and I noticed that there was a lot of manufacturing-related "dirt" in the piece.

I.D. is working on a full liner for the New Silos and will offer them again when the liners are in stock. I believe they will also offer the liner for standalone purchase for those who already have a New Silo.

I have nothing but good stuff to say about I.D. Quick customer service for me, and I know they have a longstanding good reputation. It's a shame the New Silos were not initially manufactured in higher quality, but the addition of a full liner should address any concerns that it would damage a device versus protecting it. The New Silo XL I received weighs a TON though -- so if a heavy container isn't your speed I'd go with the old Silos that weigh less.

Edit: grammar

I recently bought some stainless steel straws from Chefast. Included were some silicone washers, (for lack of a better word). They were supposed to hold the straws in stainless steel mugs like Yeti cups. That being said the washers are silicone 5mm thick by 15mm wide. Slip on the "M" body. Long story short, they work as a airport block but also acts as a seal on a 14mm glass joint. Makes a perfect "MONG". M-on-glass. The Silo 1.0 XL Works great for EDC, "M" in the tube, mong in the top curled up. Always handy. I contacted Chefast and they are "not planning to offer the washers at this time". Doc

https://vaporasylum.com/threads/michigan-mmj.142/page-27#post-35400

This is a quote from an article posted in the above thread.

Research Finds Heavy Metals in E-Cigarettes
The advisory noted that a Johns Hopkins University study released last year found that lead and other toxic metals including chromium, manganese, and nickel had been detected in the vapors produced by some e-cigarette devices. Rich Able, a medical device marketing consultant, told Forbes that “the metals detected in this study have been associated with multiple adverse health effects under chronic conditions of exposure. Neurotoxins such as lead are linked to increased risk of cardiovascular and kidney disease. The other metals listed are even more nefarious to human organs.”

I am not trying to start an argument or say that Dynavap products are unsafe, I'm looking for a little reassurance.
My experience with VapCaps is limited to using an 'M' (that was gifted to me by an amazing person) twice before I lost it. While using the 'M' I had these thoughts about what I'm inhaling. When metal is heated there may be heavy metals or other toxins released in the vapor. Especially, if the metal is heated to 'red hot' temps.
There have been other reports of lead and other toxic metals in coils as well.
I was unable to fully enjoy using this vape because my 'crazy' kicked in while vaping.

Thoughts? could @Dynavap chime in?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back