Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Log vapes

I broke my 14mm plug the other day :doh:. It all happened when i was reading a thread with Mom bitching about her general @ataxian level clumsiness with glass, took way too big a big rip & for some reason my reaction was to throw what was in my hand like it was white hot. Luckily I had a $5 adaptor plug in my right hand & my $300 SOL was in my left or it could have gotten expensive. This is all Mom's fault... now I am reduced to using a 14mm bowl that I plugged with polymer clay until I order another one.

Interesting to see how @Baron23 is using his claisen with the carb in the middle & the vape offset.

Gotta watch that knee jerk reflex when you're taking a rip.... :cool:

But I will accept the blame. If I hadn't gotten you all worked up about my glass breaking it wouldn't have happened.... right? I will have to be much more careful in the future! :biggrin:

Not quite all your fault Mom. I had the footy on in the background & was reading about your glass breakage. This happened in the background :yikes: & I am suspicious that was the true cause of the unfortunate incident. The guy whose shoulders he launched off is 6'4" & will be mark of the year no doubt.

eBlT17T.jpg

I didn't see an introduction thread, I hope you all don't hate me for resurrecting this old thread. I have an e-nano and love it. I've only been using weed medically for 14 months and I'm 55-years-old. The crazy thing when I was in high school and in my early 20's I tried weed a few times and hated it. I've gone through some major changes so that might be why I love it. I tried a few portable vapes and thought I liked them. One day I broke the one I used most often so was looking for another. Someone said if you only use at home why do you want a portable vape and suggested I buy an e-nano. So I did and I've been using it for a few months. I only use it at night for chronic pain, anxiety, depression and to help me stay asleep because I have sleep apnea.

I found this place as I was searching for different log vapes to try out. I know about Heat Island, E-nano, Underdog and Wood Scents. Are their others I should check out too? The truth is I'd probably just stick with E-nano if they had more wood choices as they have pretty good prices and I love the one I have already. I only vape herb I tried dabbing once and didn't like, but I will occasionally have and edible.

The collection of log vapes in this thread are amazing!

Welcome to the forum @Reverend Kush :biggrin:. We do have an introduce yourself thread here but you've already done a nice job of doing so... Glad you found your way here.

And I think you've pretty much listed the log vapes available right now... And you certainly have a solid vape in the E-nano.

If you are partial to wood vapes, there are some others on the market. If you check out the portable section you'll find several really nice options.

Yes, I have been using it regularly since I got it. The form factor feels nice in the hand, the warmth is very nice, and I use a voltage dimmer thingy that I got from underdog, another vape I like. But I gave that one to family so they could experience the joy of a log.
I got the heat island heater in it. It is fast and powerful and got stainless steel I turn it down, but it's perfect for glass right at 12v for me. I was lucky and didn't have to wait, but I did wait after that for an iheat. I like that one, but I love the stem more. Lol I use the stem from the iheat flipped the other way as a bowl for the toasty top sometimes. I like that more than glass, actually.

I still remember the first time I hit my toasty top... The little stainless steel bowl really rocked my world. Dense, thick, milky vapor that seems to outperform the small amount of material I put in it. I think you'll be happy with a toasty top. It's built like a tank.

one of these days i'll gather them together for photos but i have a few purple days, a few myrtlezaps, two crz's, two underdogs and a heat island and an enano. i love them all. aesthetically i see them as advanced primitive which appeals to me and my favorite one is the one currently being used.

I was thinking this morning about log vapes... and what makes them different. I'll be the first to say they may not be for everyone.. especially the early incarnations of log vapes. I always called them 'sipping vapes' since you used such a small amount and it was more like sipping wine than doing shots lol. Huge cloud chasers were usually not big fans of log vapes, but the more recent developments in them have made them cloud contenders. And log vapes can be multi functional (dry stem, through water, use with concentrates, aromatherapy). But there is a technique that can allude people in using a log vape.

And sometimes people just aren't into wood for one reason or another. Those are not folk who would appreciate the nuances of a log vape. However, I do believe they would be impressed with it's ability to produce vapor.

There's just something special about log vapes imo....something personal. The grain is specific to each one and no two are really exactly alike. They warm your hands... at least the old ones did lol. Keeping them well oiled creates a ritual that is so satisfying.

I have been approached numerous times about the possibility of selling one of mine. And have never been able to do so. Each one has a special place in my heart and reminds me of a certain time, place or person. I have the ones I don't use now on display like art. I don't know that I could get rid of them... they're a part of me and my vaporization history now but, as I said, in a very personal way. I certainly don't feel that way about any of my other vapes.

Wood is more sensual, than glass or steel. Just the act of rubbing the oil on them, their beauty, their warmth like you mentioned. I look forward to using my log, something personal in it. The whole experience is somehow different than say, picking up a cold plastic vaporizer. I just love mine, it suits me. And so far, I am not developing any cravings for other logs. But, the wood is so beautiful... That burl one that Ed had was drop dead gorgeous!!! His creations are really one of a kind, next one, I hope I'll get one of the really cool looking ones. ( Did I say "next one" ? ) :smilie-devil:

Wood is more sensual, than glass or steel. Just the act of rubbing the oil on them, their beauty, their warmth like you mentioned. I look forward to using my log, something personal in it. The whole experience is somehow different than say, picking up a cold plastic vaporizer. I just love mine, it suits me. And so far, I am not developing any cravings for other logs. But, the wood is so beautiful... That burl one that Ed had was drop dead gorgeous!!! His creations are really one of a kind, next one, I hope I'll get one of the really cool looking ones. ( Did I say "next one" ? ) :smilie-devil:
4-me I like a log like the NANO I use.
SIMPLE
EASY
ALWAYS ON
If it was in PLASTIC or da SHELL doesn’t matter 2-me!
DA SIZE is so neat!
I love water path so I’m biased!
I use other’s because bling is in fashion, however a log is a must?

Last edited:
Both my logs I don't think I could part with. I am a cloud chaser but when you have tuned a log right the only thing to worry about was heater recovery (now largely addressed by the log makers) if you like to have multiple stems back to back. What I like is the ability to switch on a log at 6am & turn it off at midnight with it always ready to party.

I don't exactly ration my weed but another great thing with logs is how little weed they consume.

Both my logs I don't think I could part with. I am a cloud chaser but when you have tuned a log right the only thing to worry about was heater recovery (now largely addressed by the log makers) if you like to have multiple stems back to back. What I like is the ability to switch on a log at 6am & turn it off at midnight with it always ready to party.

I don't exactly ration my weed but another great thing with logs is how little weed they consume.
LOGS use 32 watts (the one I have)
I just leave it on?

I was thinking this morning about log vapes... and what makes them different. I'll be the first to say they may not be for everyone.. especially the early incarnations of log vapes. I always called them 'sipping vapes' since you used such a small amount and it was more like sipping wine than doing shots lol. Huge cloud chasers were usually not big fans of log vapes, but the more recent developments in them have made them cloud contenders. And log vapes can be multi functional (dry stem, through water, use with concentrates, aromatherapy). But there is a technique that can allude people in using a log vape.

And sometimes people just aren't into wood for one reason or another. Those are not folk who would appreciate the nuances of a log vape. However, I do believe they would be impressed with it's ability to produce vapor.

There's just something special about log vapes imo....something personal. The grain is specific to each one and no two are really exactly alike. They warm your hands... at least the old ones did lol. Keeping them well oiled creates a ritual that is so satisfying.

I have been approached numerous times about the possibility of selling one of mine. And have never been able to do so. Each one has a special place in my heart and reminds me of a certain time, place or person. I have the ones I don't use now on display like art. I don't know that I could get rid of them... they're a part of me and my vaporization history now but, as I said, in a very personal way. I certainly don't feel that way about any of my other vapes.
Well, they can be sippers but they can also be rippers....Enano with carb'd adapter on FC-188....this rig will generate vapor, alright

Nano w- 14 mm bridge adapter.jpeg

And I also appreciate that I'm fine with leaving my Enano on all night long......and its extremely efficient with my flower.

I like log vapes...I only have the one but to me a good log is an essential piece of kit for a serious vaporist.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back