Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Log vapes

Hi @Jeff D .... welcome to the asylum. :smile:

Criteria is based on my Dynavap with Simrell body producing the best vapor of anything I presently own. Is there a log style vape that gives better vapor quality than the Simrell ?
The log vape itself isn't going to be what gives the flavor... the stem is. If your stem is made from wood, it may impart a slight taste from the wood. Since you really like the flavor from your Simrell stem you might want to look at the WoodScents. Your Simrell stem will work because of it's Dynavap tip. And you will have many other DV options available to you as well, including glass stems which also give good flavor.

Another log vape that uses glass stems is the E-Nano. But it is not compatible with your existing stem or any DV products.

Also I dont know that I'm getting the use of a Dynavap with the Woodscents or any other log vape. Why not rather a conduction heater ?
It's a matter of preference or what works best for you. I happen to like using both; depending on the mood or the situation. Having an induction heater can certainly make the DV more portable than a log vape since you aren't tied to a wall (unless you get an induction heater that isn't run on batteries).

A WS log beats an IH for me all day every day, all due to the decrease in draw restriction...no cap. :twocents:

Woodscents is the only one that will work with your dv tips
OK, but doesn't have to work with DV tip.
Does a glass stem allow for bigger loads with the Woodscents or is it pretty much Dynavap size loads & better air flow being the reason for using glass stems ?

Are all of the log vapes best as microdosers ?

When it comes to higher end dry herb vapes I have no place to walk into that carries any of the higher end stuff . Over time & prior to coming across Dynavap & later the Simrell body I'd blown money on to many portables that were more frustrating than pleasant to use.

So I ended up here hoping to learn from you all what may be the best desk top for me.

OK, but doesn't have to work with DV tip.
Does a glass stem allow for bigger loads with the Woodscents or is it pretty much Dynavap size loads & better air flow being the reason for using glass stems ?

Are all of the log vapes best as microdosers ?

When it comes to higher end dry herb vapes I have no place to walk into that carries any of the higher end stuff . Over time & prior to coming across Dynavap & later the Simrell body I'd blown money on to many portables that were more frustrating than pleasant to use.

So I ended up here hoping to learn from you all what may be the best desk top for me.
Such a hard question to answer
Everyone likes different things and all vapes hit a little different

A number of desktops that could serve your purpose depending on your needs and personal likes

There are some portables that would serve you well too, they aren't all shite

I give people a tour of my 20+ vapes and different people want/prefer different vapes

This thread is about log vapes not all desktops, so for this comment I personally like the woodscents as it works with my dv tips and is a very functional vape

If you are outside of the US you can only use a WS or an enano I believe due to the 12v capabilities and our power sources
I have heard the enanonis good and I looked at it, but went with WS from recommendations here and the dv interchangeability and have not been disappointed
It gets you very high very efficiently

If it's a super powerful desktop for big loads you want there are a number of options for you
Or a powerful portable is possible also

We can only give experience and knowledge on the vapes at hand
I find it very hard to suggest just one vape as everyone is a little different

I don't have a favourite vape and I rotate my units in cycle to change it up

If you buy a Woodscents @Jeff D you will not go wrong. Couple of reasons to consider it over the competition.
  • DV compatible gives options
  • 12V input gives a lot of power options
  • It hits hard & you can tune it just right for you with a VVPS
  • Perfect for one hitters through water
  • Handles concentrate easily enough.
  • Bulletproof reliability. I got #29 & it has been used for a lot of hours. We are talking something over 15,000 hours without issue & I run mine high.
  • Economical in the long term. Mine has cost me something like $0.25 per day & that is going down the longer it keeps working.

All the loads are the same size with the Woodscents... it's more of a flavor thing with glass. All log vapes are known to be efficient because of the small load size they use. that's why they are popular with micro dosers. But they also carry a punch... especially when using a VVPS. So they are a good all round desk top vape.

All the loads are the same size with the Woodscents... it's more of a flavor thing with glass. All log vapes are known to be efficient because of the small load size they use. that's why they are popular with micro dosers. But they also carry a punch... especially when using a VVPS. So they are a good all round desk top vape.
Yes I agree
I prefer my gogs w dv tips for my WS
But it packs a punch even with the limited bowl size - if a big hitter have two in a row and enjoy

The lsv is a desktop that is kind of a log on roids with a slightly bigger bowl with cage in gog hacks
Has same user preferred temp control

I like it, but find the WS can be more similar to cone for cone experience and with the smaller cord a little less cumbersome

So many options

I do rate and use my WS in rotation regularly
Although I say I can't pick a favourite vape I do have a top 5 - 8 maybe that I use in rotation more than others
I have some that I like a lot but rarely get use - I find I enjoy them when showing people the collection trying to convert, but when alone in own routine I don't use them as much

sounds like a log vape is just good to have.
The only vape I own that never misses a turn each day, usually multiple uses per day. I have only heard 1 or 2 people that were not happy with a WS and they sold their units for about the same price they paid. I would also add they were STOOPID people that were not on this forum. :twocents:

Stevenski, using the points you make it sounds like a log vape is just good to have. Even if it might not be your fav.

Well I believe every seasoned vaper needs a good log. Especially if you are a solo vaper. Perfect for microdosing too.

Spot on Les :thumbsup:

OK I finally have a screen inserted in the glass stem. Used the chuck end of a close fitting drill bit. It will hold a bit more than my DV tips. But I need to stir doing this.

The WS beats my Appollo 2 for taste. The glass stem is different very free flowing but seems to use more herb ? Again the Simrell stem gives better taste with better vapor. If the glass stem fit tighter, drawing less air it might change things a bit ?

I find the same issue with gong piece. I'll post a pic to make sure I'm calling it by its right name. Not seen many here use it.

This is the vape at present that I look forward to using most. Simply because it works & does so with little to no maintenance, has great, repeatable adjustability & performance. Something a few other desktops & portables lack. Be back with pic. Jeff

Have you tried it with the DV tip yet?
Oh, I have not. I'll do that now & report back :) Jeff

OK , let's back up a sec.
To be sure we are talking about same thing. Is this it ?

20201018_120649.jpg

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
To do what your saying will take the larger O rings that came with WS ?
I'm not sure which o rings you are talking about. It's been a while since I got my WS... and I don't remember which o rings come with. You would want the o rings to be slightly larger than the ones on the DV tip itself.

I was able to do it with the standard o rings that come on the DV tip... but it was a little loose.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back