Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Log vapes

That would be..............weirdly ok if they do but then I won't be able to buy a bunch of new stuff either...........dilemmas abound.
You don't need to buy much for the WS
I bought 18/14 male to male gogs from DHgate, or 14/14 if fits your glass to put the dv tips in - one needed thicker orings and that is about it
Only other thing I am considering is maybe some stem work from @phattpiggie for the dv tips
And I have IH for dv caps

Pretty much everything else sits looking at me or is provided by @Ed's TnT

Good to know if ever needed or for other ppl that some parts are interchangeable though

So wavering.........then stopped because........is e-nano the only one not using glue?
I see ed's and ud both glue the leather base on.......this I do not want.

That area is the least of your problems really. It is miles outside the airpath & the base does not get hot. You have chosen well & a Wood Scents will compliment your Nano. Congratulations on your purchase. I think Mrs Arb will have a lengthy love affair with the unit & may even flaunt it :dog:.

I use my WS log with both UD and Nano gongs exclusively.

That is interesting. Good to know for those with a Nano & are considering a WS.

This thread has inspired me to turn on the WS for the first time in a fortnight & is perfect for a lazy Friday night.

in a parallel universe i am spending my money on fishing spears instead. somehow logvapes have never crossed my path, and now i am properly distracted. i really dont need a new vaporiser. i have a new vaporiser. but these things look so intriguing. i am not sure - is this mostly an aesthetic preoccupation with log vape enthusiasts? i could understand that. i am intrigued by their reported efficiency as well. is this dynavap efficiency territory? and does anyone have a theory what precisely makes them so efficient (and others less so)? as far as taste (and taste alone) goes, my personal top marks go to the firefly 2 so far. how do logvapes compare in terms of taste?
last question - part of what i love about the dynavaps is the draw restriction - it is so close to smoking. but i imagine using dynavap stems on a logvape would have to be much more free flowing (no cap, also mostly convection), correct?

for me this all started with @Ed's TnT raffle a couple weeks back - this was the first time i looked a lot closer at those images (and it took some effort to understand what all those parts are supposed to do). and those images stayed with me. unsurprisingly, these things are stunning. last night i went as far as sending him a pm, trying to figure out sources in europe (and he helped promptly). i love the compatibility with the dynavaps. particularly because i know i will add a @phattpiggie stem to my collection at some point. but none of this is essential, and i will need to calm down & sleep on this a lot more. too much time to look stuff up right now..

this mostly an aesthetic preoccupation with log vape enthusiasts? i could understand that. i am intrigued by their reported efficiency as well.
I feel like I'm pretty well versed on the subject of log vapes.... so I'll try to answer a few of your questions. :smile:

First off... yes and yes. If you like wood and the variances of grain, it's easy to see how a person could get caught up in having different log vapes made from different species of wood. I certainly did lol. I also got caught up in the evolution of them. They were around long before the Dynavap came along. Certainly before it became popular. But in a serendipitous turn of events, they became compatible as Dynavap started to work with one of the current log vape manufacturers; @Ed's TnT .

They are extremely efficient. Parallel to the Dynavap; which makes sense since you are using a similar stem no matter which of the log vapes you use. If my memory serves; the E-Nano's stem has a bit larger bowl.... But the other log vapes are all similar in bowl size and draw.

And you can think of them as a sort of plug in induction heater in usage. You get the same draw restriction as the DV. And you can keep them on 24/7. AND they can be used for aromatherapy. I'm a fan lol...

none of this is essential, and i will need to calm down & sleep on this a lot more

LMAO! What we have here is a case of VAS at it's finest.... :rofl:

i am not sure - is this mostly an aesthetic preoccupation with log vape enthusiasts?
Not for me.....I really don't do the "oh, look at my new X vape in Y wood posed like Beach Barbie" kind of thing. I know I'm kind of just having some good natured fun at the expense of people who view their vapes as aesthetic pieces but for me they really are like a good kitchen appliance. I don't mind if it looks good, but what I want foremost is function and performance.

I do love my Enano...have had it for a number of years....and while I love Ed and we have privately corresponded some on things like hunting and fishing...one log vape is enough for me (but not for many others who have multiple) so I don't have any experience with the Woodscents. I do have some experience with Ed's work and its impeccable and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything he makes and sells if I had a need.

Last night was a great example of why I love the Nano so much....I can just leave it on all night long (and I really don't leave any other vapes on or even plugged in all night) and take a .7 g load whenever I want. At about 6.5 on the dial, that's two very nice hits from a well warmed up Nano plus a little clean up hit. To me, that makes them very convenient and very efficient.

As an aside, I recently changed over from the OG rheostat to the newer one in a block of wood with more supple cabling. Since these are all analog devices, there are differences in temp setting from different devices and even differing quality of mains power. With that said, with the OG I was 6.5 to -7 on the dial but that's too hot for my new rheostat where now I need to run at right about 6 for good extraction but no charring.

I'm up every night at least twice with back pain and last night the E-nano was the solution and it works very well.

but for me they really are like a good kitchen appliance. I don't mind if it looks good, but what I want foremost is function and performance.
i can relate to that too. and it probably often is a prerequisite for true aesthetic appeal of anything. i do like wood a lot though.
I can just leave it on all night long (and I really don't leave any other vapes on or even plugged in all night) and take a .7 g load whenever I want. At about 6.5 on the dial, that's two very nice hits from a well warmed up Nano plus a little clean up hit.
just curious, i have never tried the mv1, but could you elaborate how the experience differs? also in terms of taste?, it is supposed to be top tier.. i think you own it too yes? it seems it could be there, ready to go / on demand as well?

ps - i have seen images of the wooden rheostat for enano. looks (..) real nice!

Can’t wait for freedom!
yeah..

i can relate to that too. and it probably often is a prerequisite for true aesthetic appeal of anything. i do like wood a lot though.

just curious, i have never tried the mv1, but could you elaborate how the experience differs? also in terms of taste?, it is supposed to be top tier.. i think you own it too yes? it seems it could be there, ready to go / on demand as well?

ps - i have seen images of the wooden rheostat for enano. looks (..) real nice!

yeah..
The price is reasonable!
So glad ROSIN is more obtainable for indoor medical dose!

I love my logs. Particularly the Wood Scents #29. So easy & so efficient. I like the fact the WS uses Ti & a VC tip giving it dual purpose.

I'll join in. I read all of the threads for the different types of logs before I purchased a Wood Scent. I live in an area where MMJ is expensive and I needed to try and conserve as much as I could. I am not interested in vapes that you have to put a lot of medicine in. I already owned a vapcap which I loved, and for me, it seemed the perfect fit. It was. I use it daily, sometimes I will leave it on all night, or not. Another thing I enjoy is rubbing it down to bring out the colors.

I already owned a vapcap which I loved, and for me, it seemed the perfect fit.
yes i feel the same way. i have looked at so many logs these past days. and there are so many beautiful options. i really like all the customisations you could do with an underdog for instance (no shipping to europe unfortunately), but ultimately the dynavap compatibility of the woodscents just seems perfect to me.

1585937524005.png

I have pretty much consolidated my vaping into using a WS & various VC's & my Mighty. My older model UD cannot compete with the WS especially with heater recovery for back to back stems.

Personally living outside the US i would only purchase a 12v standard connection log. That you have unlimited power options.

During these trying and uncertain times, when herbs are scarce, I do thank having my log vapes around. Like a miracle, their efficiency.
I'm a lightweight / microdoser who is now rationing - not sure I can get my daily amount any lower than that. I feel like I'm Matt Damon rationing potatoes on Mars. :sherlock:

The logs make it pretty easy. VVPS and start as low as you can and go to as high as you can. With a few flower crumbs. :ko:

What I've been doing the last few weeks is keeping a timer next to me. Whenever I get the urge for another toke, I set the timer for 15 minutes. And wait. If I feel not horrible after 15 minutes, I reset it. And repeat. :smile: I'm 75% recreational anyway.

I'm thinking that this year, cannabis-wise, I'll have to be tough on myself. I'll have to set goals.

Log vapes to the rescue!

I have switched to logs due to uncertainty in supply too. I will run out soon almost certainly before the borders reopen here. Oh well shit happens I spose.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back