Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued MistVape Touch

Vapes no longer in production
his wood is a perfect example of Chatoyance!
Vitolo thanks for the great word, wasn't in my vocabulary but it is now. Actually very helpful as I found more info on finishing based on a search of Chatoyance. When I first worked with quilted maple I used epoxy finishes. The epoxy penetrated enough to "lock in" the chatoyance and gave the wood a 3D effect. Moving to all natural finishes has made it challenging to showcase this amazing wood. I may have found some new tricks thanks to your post.

This makes me happy... to have inspired any exploration or discovery.
Now I will share trivia about the origin of the word, and in the end the concept.
Chat is french for cat
Oeil is french for eye.
The ending -ance means "denoting a quality or state or an instance of one."
Put them all together and it becomes the concept of Cat's-eye-ness
How much glow and depth that one can bring out in the woodgrain relates to the depth and variance of a cat's eye.
"How much like a cat's eye is this stone/polished wood"

Last edited:
Been working on the new batch. I have about 85 frames in the works. I'm hoping to get a dozen or so completed this week or next. The coils I ordered should be coming soon and that will save me time but it was a significant hit to the wallet, ouch! I had to order 1,000 to make it worth ordering.
Watch the list (http://www.mistvaporizer.com/list), there should be emails going out in the next couple of weeks.

I was gifted one of Mistvape's 'rejects' that wouldn't have made the cut because of a minor cosmetic flaw... thank you. Lol.. I would never have even blinked at this 'flaw.' :biggrin: I love wood vapes... love the different grains. And the quilted maple that this one is made of has beautiful grain and chatoyance. I can tell we have a woodworker, here, that really takes pride in his work.

What a nifty little vape. Imo, this is a personal vaporizer; not one that you would share or pass around. This is mostly due to load size and not to the ability to make clouds. Because of the removable glass stem, I don't know that I would classify this vape as an 'out and about' portable. You could certainly take it camping, etc., but as a stealth vape for social outings it's not a fit imo. That said, I can totally see using it as my go to portable at home.

At first I thought I would be put off by having to fiddle with the screens. I'm not a person who likes to munk around with my screens, coils, etc. Might screw up my nails.... :tongue: But I was sent a beautiful cocobolo tool and with that it's a piece of cake. LOVE this little tool for putting the screen top in and for stirring. The collar makes it an easier job to stir between tokes without spilling the load. And I find myself grabbing it when I need to stir or use a pick for other vapes.

Coming from a log vape 'background' I found the learning curve fairly easy with this vape. Draw speed can have a huge effect on how much vapor you get and, more importantly, how hot your herb gets. An extended, slow draw with your finger on the sensor can cause combustion. So air flow is critical. How long you press the sensor can also have an effect on whether or not you combust or have a successful vapor hit. I find the best practice is to pulse the sensor once it gets hot while maintaining a steady draw on the stem. Keeping your screens clean is critical as well.

cH9qyA6.jpg

All in all I can see getting a ton of use out of this little vape. Solid, dependable.... you can switch out the battery which means you can have as many charged spares as you want. Winner winner chicken dinner. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Finally added the stir tools to the website, these are officially available.
21B8hyT.jpg
this is a tulip wood tool.
Also have ebony, rose wood, lace wood and purple heart. The wire is stainless steel.
Price of stir tool and collar includes shipping, $28

Last edited:
Among all the 'toys' I brought with me on this trip to the cottage, I also brought the Touch. I wanted to check out a tip I had gotten on using it with concentrates. And I am pleased to say it worked beautifully!

Mistvape advised me to put a small amount of natural cotton in the the stem. The to roll a bit of concentrate in a separate piece of cotton and lay that on top before putting in the screen cap. You need to keep the heat on longer than you would for flower... and it's cloud city. :biggrin:

I can see this little portable becoming one of my go to's...... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Here is a video of the stir tool and collar in action.
The small end is designed to seat a new screen, the stir end can be used to mix up a stash vial so the herb is easy to load. I used the stem as a "straw" to fill it. Then using the small end to tamp the herb.
To stir a partially spent stem place the collar over the end and stir it up with the wire end. Then use the small end to tamp the herb down. No fuss no mess.

Background music is Charlie Parker, Tiny's Tempo

@Vitolo yes I forgot to mention flipping the cotton or hemp. Seems the oil tends to concentrate toward the bottom and a quick flip is worth a couple more hits. I'll have to do more video, I have a lot more Parker to share.

I am currently waiting for my first order of coils. Found a company who said they could make them for me. I should receive samples next week. If they meet specifications I will start assembly of 15 units that are ready to go. If not then I will have to make them myself. This has really slowed me down but as soon as I get the coils it will cut down on my time somewhat.
The down time has been good since it gave me time to look at some other issues which I expect will make production smoother. Easier connectors and wiring options are in the future.
Also there are a couple new products I'm working on and so far they are looking pretty good.

Just received my MVT in the mail today!

Dave was a wonder to communicate with throughout the whole purchasing process, making everything relatively pain-free and easy to work around. He was also very accommodating about holding my place in line while I waited for a nice unit with some trim to be available :lol: I just want to say that I could not be happier with what I received. The device itself seems to be wonderfully made with expert hands and it is very pleasing to the eye. I'll post more about my impressions of how it performs once I have some more time to familiarize myself with the device.

MistVape touch with Bocote trim
biob6LE.jpg

I like that one! I started with a 12" x 1" x 1" piece of bocote and ended up with 4 strips of trim wood, only used the most stunning grain I could find.
I have been testing coil samples and while they have been pretty good we still don't have a production coil yet. I am hopeful that the next set of samples will seal the deal and I can get into full production mode.

Recently received samples of coils I am having manufactured. Up until now I have made these by hand, takes 10 to 20 minutes to get the stage in the photo. The photo is of manufactured coils.
uuwTBXr.jpg

This is the third set of samples, the first two weren't quite right. This batch looks good but I need to test them more. I replaced the coil in my personal unit with one of these and it is performing nicely.
These aren't "better" than the ones I make but they are as good and it will save me a lot of angst

Brought my Touch up to the cottage with me this time; which was a good thing since we didn't have electricity for a little bit. Really made me appreciate having a battery operated vape with charged batteries, lol.

Did a couple sessions with just flower and then did a cotton/concentrate sesh. Took all of those I-75 road rage feelings from our drive and coming up to no electricity right out of me.

And then the electricity came back on and life was good.... :biggrin:

So I've had my touch with me for a few days now, and I thought I would post my initial impressions of the unit.

To state the most important factor(in my find) first I have to say that this thing is an extremely efficient device. No loss of vapor and I would have to say its about as conservative as my logs are which is saying a lot!! First few hits taste very good which is also nice.

The one downside I do have to point out is that there seems to be a hot spot in my bowl which seems to completely blacken one tiny part of the bowl while leaving the rest a light brown. This makes it so I have to stir the bowl every one or two hits so combustion doesn't occur, but the stirring tool/collar makes that work very easy which is nice.

Overall this is a very nice efficient little vape. I like how the bowl size is much smaller than the Milaana and this in turn makes it better for microdosing and such. If the heating in the unit was a little more even and didn't result in hot spots throughout the load this would easily take the spot as my favorite portable unregulated vape, but as of now the constant stirring makes the unit lose a point in my book

All in all this really is a great portable unit though, and if you're looking for a nice portable unregulated unit with replaceable batteries and nice small loads for microdosing, this might be the unit you're looking for.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back