Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow My SoSo Autogrow

So, watching these gals grow is like watching paint dry. Not too exciting, but it's something to do. Plus, paint fumes!
O.K., so no paint fumes. It is slow going. They are plants, so they don't move too fast in any direction. This is an Econo-grow, so I'm using what I have on hand, as much as I can. I'm broke, so it shouldn't be too hard to not shop the garden center. The remaining seeds are sitting in their Cups O' Dirt, just soaking up the sun and thinking about joining the living. I did peek at one, and saw a little tail. Prolly killed it by peeking. Poor impulse control, and I regret it. I felt foolish checking on dirt, and succumbed to temptation. Was it worth it? Not as much as most temptations, and now I get the regret and remorse without having had a good time. Never again. I'm succumbing to a fun temptation next time.
20190509_154146(0).jpg
Alice
20190509_154136.jpg
Rudy

Worst of all, I can't seem to find my ruler. You'll just have to trust me on this, but they aren't very big.
Never mind. I can't very well ask you to trust me, when I can't trust myself. You'll have to decide for yourself about size. I'm going to try and find my ruler. It's one thing to lose credibility, and quite another to lose a reliable measuring device.

Last edited:
I found my ruler. It was behind the couch cushion, so if it gets lost again, remind me. Rudy & Alice haven't gone into flower yet, so whew! That's a relief. It would be nice if they got to seven inches, at least, but hey, it's like that with a lot of things.
20190509_171557.jpg

Cups O' Dirt With Plants and Grey Cat Number Three, Taika Waikitti

Thought I'd show off my Dirt Cup Collection. I've been neglectful, and weeds are growing. Oops. No problemo, though. I still have plenty of Cups With No Sign Of Life. Weeding can always be done later. In my experience, weeds just multiply, but never really go away.
Tomorrows chore, uppotting. Get It? Uppotting? No? Never mind. I never could tell a joke.

Rudy & Alice haven't gone into flower yet, s
View attachment 9118
Cups O' Dirt With Plants and Grey Cat Number Three, Taika Waikitti

uppotting. Get It? Uppotting? No? Never mind. I never could tell a joke.

I thought Rudy was the ruler and Alice was the cat and Waka Floka Flame, or was it Waikiki Takikittie, was some sort of Bay Area euphemism for successfully germinating seeds.

I'm not sure about your joke telling, but your pun pronouncements are excellent.

Anyway, happy growing! Looking good.

The typical Bay Arean expression for successfully germanating seeds is, "Hey man, sprouts. Far out."
I may be dating myself on that one.

I'm so sorry I wasn't clear, @BD9 . The ruler is called "His Royal Highness", or King for short.
Rudy, Alice, are the sproutlets. The shopping bags are Sack and Poke. Waka Floka Flame is my lighter. Waikiki is my buddy @ataxian' adopted homeland. The grey cat varies, so your guess is as good as mine, but One has only three legs (Two and Three both have four).
I sincerely hope this clarifies things a bit! Thank you for the chance to put things right, and again, apologies for the confusion!

They cracked. All five of the Autoflower seeds cracked. Who's the pimp daddy now? I listened to @arb, and said, " Get up and grow, you lazy ho", and lo and beho' they grow!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Get ready now. I'm going to post some dirty pix
20190511_184937.jpg

20190511_185016.jpg

20190511_185016.jpg

You get the idea. There's more, but how many Cups 'O Dirt can you ask people to look at? For real, I want to know. I have plenty, plenty. All 5 cracked! And two teensy plants. This is what happiness looks like, peoples.
Oh, and these are Otto and Fleur. So we now have Rudy, Alice, Otto, Fleur, and three unnamed.

20190513_114303.jpg

20190513_114313.jpg

Rudy and Alice, humming along. Running out of room on the table, after up-potting. Just moved seed trays, but not much to see there. I imagine the next step will be up-potting the rest of the Autos. Now that I said that, it will be powdery mildew, or gnats, or a tarantula infestation, or something. I'm trying not to panic over how tiny my plants still are, and it's mid-May! I'm not entirely certain I'm behind schedule, but there is a nagging suspicion that I might be. Also might have left the iron plugged in, and maybe the stove on...
I have absolutely No Faith In The Process, but I'm doing it anyway. Could be desperate, could be brave. Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:
I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of rain. This was alarming in itself ( since when does it rain in May?), but the girls are outside, and all I could think about was them drowning. That, and how comfy and cozy my bed was. A tiny dog, with a tiny bladder settled things. I took the dog out, and the plants were glorious. We up-potted on Sunday, and my Strawberry Banana clone looked awful, to where we were speaking in whispers around her. She is looking radiant right now.
Rudy and Alice are hanging on.
20190515_100531.jpg

In Other News,
20190515_100619.jpg

Hand holding ruler belongs to Madri-Guy. Say hello, Madri-Guy.
Thinking of taking clones here in a little minute. I'm expecting a huge die off from locusts, or vicious, hungry shrews. Fingers crossed that some make it to harvest.

I never had ANY of them myselfs...................weird huh.
Not really. You don't have NorCal Pot Pressure. Why would you try to keep up with the Joneses, when you are ahead of the Joneses? I was never a cool stoner, so I have decades of inadequacy to overcome. You embody cool. I'm more lukewarm to tepid.
I'm also anxious, and a teensy bit jumpy. I don't trust myself around seeds enough to not have a few clones, and I don't trust myself with clones enough to not have seeds. The autoflower are to fill in the long months of photos just bopping along, but they might actually contribute to low self-esteem when they stay puny. You could say the photos are back-up for the Autos. They will have to look huge in comparison. I hope.
I didn't start a SoSo Photo Grow, because it could take from April (March?) to November, and that's a long time for anyone to follow.
Still, I don't think I'm unable to learn. I rely on your sound advice, dear @arb. I won't clone the auto. They might never get big enough to think about doing anything fancy, such as topiary, or espalier. No, I'm just white knuckling it day by day. Vaping helps. It's better than a chill pill.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back