Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow My SoSo Autogrow

I do not know what is going on in the world, but there is unseasonal rain going on. Part of me is pleased that I don't have to water the yard, part is pleased Madri-Guy cleaned the gutters, and part of me is worried about my grow. The plants don't care. They seem to like the rain. That is, they haven't died.
20190516_103219.jpg

Rudy
20190516_103213.jpg

Alice
Roses buffeted by rain.
20190516_103344.jpg

Some of the roses planted on perimeter. If someone climbs over the fence, they can stop and smell the roses.

Last edited:
@momofthegoons, oddly enough, more rain is expected. It's rare to have this much rain, this late. This is more early March weather. Most of the yard is loving it, including Rudy, Alice, and friends. I'm just thrown. Still, it's better than the droughts of a few years ago, and what can you do? I can't control the weather, though I do avoid my special rain dance lately, just in case.
@arb, I lived in another state for awhile, and missed the plants I was used to a great deal. I made lists of what I would grow, if I ever moved back home. I'd never gardened before, and don't really garden now, but I am working through the list. Oranges for orange blossom was first on the list, followed by lemons, then jasmine and honeysuckle for the scent. I grow roses, but I am by no means a rose gardener. Other than feeding and pruning them, I don't really pay them much attention. Obviously, if one became troubled I'd try to help. I'm not heartless. I just think they are better off with me not meddling in what is essentially rose business. I can't even imagine deer, elk moose, polar bears, and what all you might have wandering around.
@Kurtdigglur, I'm trying to learn as I go along, but plants grow slow compared to say, kittens, so I think I might have a chance. I know that after they are sexed and in the ground I need to Do Something to maximize bud growth area, and it concerns me a great deal. It worked out last year, but I didn't get fancy, and I expect more might be required this go around. When I think about Sea Of Green, I get dizzy and have to lie down. Indoor gardeners seem to be all over that sort of thing. Still, I like to think I can learn, no matter how much I might fight it.

We've been having unseasonal rains for the area, and this morning there has been thunder and lightning that shakes the house. At 6:00 am Madri-Guy was out trying to round up frightened and wet cats. Some rain has been nice for the plants, but too much is too much. Madri-Guy grabbed my tablet and took a few pictures, before moving the plants. It was raining pretty hard, so they look a bit blurry from the rain. Plants moved to the back porch until this passes.
20190519_062851.jpg

20190519_062844.jpg

We are getting that same rain here also.........very unusual indeed!
It must be worse for you, what with the Big Sky you have out there.
This would be bad for March, but it's unheard of for May. I went to Madri-Guy's college graduation yesterday, and it was pouring. I got soaked heading to the building with the auditorium, and was directed around the building for a bathroom, as they weren't letting people in yet. Fifteen minutes later I was soaked through, and considering a stand of trees as there was no bathroom in site. It was only the dead certainty that I would be spotted and arrested for indecent exposure that kept me hunting for an actual facility. The rain was so bad the school was passing out plastic ponchos, and coming back down the hill I was so wet they gave me a second one. The first poncho was red, and they decided green was the best idea, so I suddenly looked like Christmas gone very wrong. Oh, and I'm carrying two Service dogs, also soaked. I made it back to the front of the building, and the staffer that gave directions was laughing that I'd listened to him. Once in the building, I was told to go up the stairs to the balcony instead of the main floor when I tried to enter, because "they might have a place for you there" what with the Service Dogs and all. This was illegal, so I ignored it. I actually wanted to see my son graduate. I also wasn't sure I could make it up the stairs, I was having so much trouble breathing. Another usher asked if I was OK, and the next thing I know, there was an EMT trying to figure out if I was going to expire on the spot. So I'm soaked, wearing layers of colorful garbage bags, holding wet dogs, and having to convince a paramedic I wasn't going to die and sue the school. I was one of the lucky ones, because I had an actual ticket and could sit inside. Most people were seated on the lawn, under umbrellas and watching on a screen. I did notice I was the only person with dripping hair sitting in a puddle indoors. Everyone else noticed it as well. Sometimes you just get beyond embarrassment and humiliation, and you watch your child graduate.
It was glorious. The dogs were angels, and I was so happy, and so proud of Madri-Guy. Looking back, I will vaguely remember it rained, but I will never forget my son getting his diploma.

Beyond a little bit of laughter at your expense with your plastic ponchos.... that post made me smile @Madri-Gal . A big ole smile. :biggrin:
Thank you, @momofthegoons. In the end, I got wet. At the time it seemed a never ending hell and it took 45 minutes from the time I asked where the closest bathroom was, to getting inside the building, but it comes down to, I got wet. When you are watching your beloved child graduate, does dry hair and clothes, and intact makeup with mascara that stays on the upper part of your face really matter?

Accckkkk!!!! These plants are growing, but they are small. Too small, and they don't seem to be in any hurry to get bigger. Did I do something wrong? Did the weather stunt them? Can they just tell I'm a crap gardener, so they have no will to grow? Did I skip a vital growth boosting step? Do I expect to much from a plant? Should I play them music? Classic rock, right? Maybe some Grateful Dead?
20190520_100014.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back