Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
@Aezhenn it's quite soft and marks easily but some lovely figure and markings in that piece, I now understand why I've seen it stabilized.

@momofthegoons Okay :lol:

Had a few things to deal with recently and have more things landing far too regularly for my liking so I'm behind in this round and look to be catching up, never.

I removed the battery sled from my original Skelly and went for a 'log' style desktop set up.
Sumac which Mom will agree is lovely 'wood', it has some really nice iridescence and colours going on in it.
Since it's been turned the orange colours are coming out.
uT0pkgW.jpg

The IH gets loaded from the base which ended up Spalted Beech.

TiHE's that I had made up are allowing for some new ideas to get tried out.
The white with the thin black lines had me looking and hoping my final orientation of the blank would work and the thin lines would be there when I reduced the diameter.
NdqnK00.jpg

They both came out great, the snakeskin polished up a treat.

GHiBE1G.jpg

Mocked up a Thuya Burr square to see how the HE looked against a wooden square.
chC6Y4t.jpg

Drill bits etc. needed for an open twist.
xJ9ZQar.jpg

The SS threaded sleeve started life as a piece of 10mm SS tube which I then run a thread down and cut and finish ready to be fitted into the female thread in the stem.
rVk6xSZ.jpg

And some time later.....
Blue Mahoe with Cobalt glass Open Twist
xmAXwwM.jpg

@GreenHopper Yes my list is closed for now but there is no harm in anyone contacting me and discussing ideas for the future.
People's places on any future lists are related to the date we first enter into a conversation.

@ataxian get in touch any time. I knew I'd eventually turn something you'd like.

No worries bud, I know you are busy and have a lot on.

Thanks for confirming.

I'll ping you a PM. :smile:

Had a manic few days putting up an office in the garden for Mrs PP.
She'll be working from home a few days a week so needs must.
Got to keep her happy.
Insulation and power are the next jobs.

The Blackwood Open Twist I had the different colour glass in was always destined to have a different style condenser fitted.
kBcMO04.jpeg

Ti insert in the hot end and a full length SS condenser with a Pomegranate sleeve.
YAYfrHu.jpeg

Zoom in and watch the condenser look like it's moving up and down in the twist.

Got asked for a slimline stem in a very special acrylic and I've been trying to work out if it's possible.
Of course the only way to know is build one with a cheaper blank.
oHgQaQs.jpeg

Again a Ti hot end and full length SS condenser.
The Ti is one of the hot end inserts I've been using, took the lip off which gives me an OD of 9mm.
EC1muHu.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to admit @phattpiggie I have never been a fan of the twist style (purely personal opinion) but that Blackwood/pomegranate piece is probably the sweetest piece you have made yet. The red acrylic is pure class. Slender & elegant it is another cracking piece.

@Stevenski thank you, personal choices make the world a colourful place.

The red acrylic has gone out for testing so I can see if there will be any unwanted smell from any heat transfer.

If there is then a different Ti hot end will be designed as it's too nice a design not to continue making them.
(New Ti piece rough designed in my head as I typed that.)

Slender and elegant are the words.

Strange turn of affairs coming from the battle scarred hands of this rough round the edges, not so slender blokes bloke.

Fingers crossed this holds together.

20180612_171645.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back