Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Thank you @Stevenski it's been a bloody good laugh so far. Hectic and scary but fun no doubt.

This stem was supposed to be an experiment with another process for it to go thru but it looked too good as it is.
H7KosPs.jpg

So nice to be able to post pictures
Some great stuff going on in this Blackwood, if it doesn't sell then it's back on the lathe.
w7rNeAQ.jpg

Trying to get some video of the ribbons this blank was giving off has just reinforced my need for a better set up with a long articulated arm so I can get the camera in the right place.

I just got a fresh batch of GDP & Rosin GSC + OG (OCEAN GROWN) IN DA HOUSE + A MYSTERY JAR? = CIVILIZED

JUST MISSING A STEM BY: @phattpiggie 2 complete this day!

I checked my wood pile and found BLOODWOOD too?
@Baron23 U only vape at night?

27/7 is da way da truth & da life

This stem was supposed to be an experiment with another process for it to go thru
Of course, now I'm dying to know what that was.... always fun when you get inventive! :popcorn:

I've said it before.. watching those ribbons never gets old. :biggrin:

@ataxian I think you would love one of these stems..... and how cool for it to be made with some of your wood that has memories. What a special piece. :thumbsup:

@momofthegoons I had to be very inventive getting my fone to sit where I wanted it.
There's a bit of a jig to make before I can properly try the idea out.
I found a couple of other blanks I've been wanting to turn so I'll try one of them.

@ataxian PM me some pictures of what you have. We can work something out that won't cost a fortune in shipping.
I'm a bit over MEDICATED at present!
ROSIN is ver powerful.
"M"'d all day!
Let's respond when just flower?
Central Coast CANNABIS = CIVILIZED
TOP SHELF = EGO IN POCKET

SHOULD I HAVE SOMEONE CUT THE WOOD BEFORE I SEND IT?

@momofthegoons I had to be very inventive getting my fone to sit where I wanted it.
There's a bit of a jig to make before I can properly try the idea out.
I found a couple of other blanks I've been wanting to turn so I'll try one of them.

@ataxian PM me some pictures of what you have. We can work something out that won't cost a fortune in shipping.
Your like da Michael Angelo of Cannabis!
I never had Blackwood ?

@ataxian thank you, again.
It's going to cost less to ship a couple or three blanks than a big lump of wood.
African Blackwood is a lovely wood to turn and finish. It has great spit resistance and if you didn't know some bits can easily be mistaken for plastic.

South African Kiaat got a bit of love today and again it finished so smooth. This piece has no wax applied to it. Blackwood ends.

Just in case Sony spit a dummy

20180723_170015.jpg

Last edited:
@ataxian thank you, again.
It's going to cost less to ship a couple or three blanks than a big lump of wood.
African Blackwood is a lovely wood to turn and finish. It has great spit resistance and if you didn't know some bits can easily be mistaken for plastic.

South African Kiaat got a bit of love today and again it finished so smooth. This piece has no wax applied to it. Blackwood
The CAnNaBIs I have right now plus da GDP is aboulstly amazing!
GSC rosin not bad!
Citrus OG has me at a 9.11 .

"M" & EVO SESSION`S TO BE CIVILIZED
MAKE ME A STEM WITH A 510 DRIP TIP
DA WOOD U HAVE WOULD BE COOl.
I need a piece from U!
Pm me and work it out!

Last edited:
Had a request for a Brazilian Tulipwood Twist, which I turned and filed in the normal right hand configuration that I do.
In conversation with the customer and it turns out they are left handed so a left hand version got done as well, both will get sent out and they can decide which they prefer.
L6MYlRs.jpg

WERUXjS.jpg

I've been asked if the twist make any difference to the spinning of a VC, you decide.

Also took the 18650 battery sled and Tic Tac box from around a Skelly and rehoused it in a Crab Apple enclosure, Blackwood band and a Mahogany base, just needs plugging into a 12v supply now.
HuGtwB7.jpg

iXtw3QT.jpg

And of course it had to be tested out

Also took the 18650 battery sled and Tic Tac box from around a Skelly and rehoused it in a Crab Apple enclosure, Blackwood band and a Mahogany base, just needs plugging into a 12v supply now.
Absolutely fabulous! I was wondering what your next design would be for an enclosure.... and you have not disappointed. I love the rounded top. Very sleek. :thumbsup:

Seafood frenzy while we are down here, last night's fried baby squid.
20180811_190102.jpg

More octopus and a bit of steak for tonight, no BBQ so a George Foreman will have to do.
20180810_161354.jpg

Once back home I'll have a few more days with Mrs PP and my little one before I set to for a fortnights uninterrupted turning.
Playing catch up seems to be the way of my world.
Stems and some IH enclosures are on the cards.
Anyone with a Jarhead we've discovered by accident that S&B Mighty power adapters work just as well as the bulky PSU's so if want a neater more compact option and have one kicking around give it a whirl.

Ohhhh if its fried its on @phattpiggie I can get down with that!

I was going to use this enclosure for a lipo battery but it was a little on the tight side.
Bocote was all one plank but there wasn't enough to finish the sides so I went with Spalted Beech.
All bits of wood that were leftovers or odd shaped.
Some other ideas Billy'ing around in my skull for these.
The difference in this picture of it part sanded
20180820_190708.jpg

To this with wax is always great to see
20180820_190736.jpg

20180820_190801.jpg

Thanks @momofthegoons it's good to put offcuts together.
Thuya and BW square in the making
3QoBzM6.jpg

Turned and filed tomorrow hopefully
yMLUzjv.jpg

I had a try at another shape for the IH's but it didn't work out.
It should been off the lathe and in the firewood bucket when this piece of internal branch parted company with the main body of the Yew blank
neRWRfn.jpg

As you can see it's split all over
RlL01du.jpg

I'm sure I'll be able to reuse the lid at some point.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back