Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
@Stevenski I've no idea what's been asked for but I'll get plenty of visuals.
@LesPlenty my only concern is how it's going to drill. Fingers crossed there's no wander.

Little something different.
The small tap is for my regular stems, the largest one has been used for the open twists with glass condensers. Had to buy a new one for this job.
20190112-152443.jpg

Blackwood and Coolibah with aluminium accents.
20190112-152412.jpg
20190112-152342.jpg

I heard that the TERA taste very outstanding!
Is it true?
I love your ideals!

Thanks @Aezhenn I'll be doing another soon:wink:

@ataxian I've used it but not enough to comment. I've heard good things about the Tera as well. It's very ergonomic.

A bit of Abalone and acrylic. You can see me going back to the MP joint a couple of times. It didn't all pull up tight so there is a gap in the joint, remedy in the works and it's an easy and familiar job.

20190117-192553.jpg

@momofthegoons other than the easy repair it turned out way better than I first thought it would.
My homage to the cigarette holders I've gormed off at in the past, that one is around 100mm and I agree it could go longer.
Gives me a bit to play with reshaping the MP end, Deco was used to describe it by someone else.
Looks like an investment in Abalone is on the cards.

Thanks @Aezhenn I'll be doing another soon:wink:

@ataxian I've used it but not enough to comment. I've heard good things about the Tera as well. It's very ergonomic.

A bit of Abalone and acrylic. You can see me going back to the MP joint a couple of times. It didn't all pull up tight so there is a gap in the joint, remedy in the works and it's an easy and familiar job.

20190117-192553.jpg

Beautiful!

Dammit phatts.... dammit....

And
she's
gone

Absolutely beautiful Phatts. You continue to blow me away & I am pretty jaded these days.

Edit

In no way have I been able to capture the beauty in this Vapor Asylum themed piece. It is like there are ribbons of steel wool running through it & the stem is just pure fire. I love it.

20190118_190338.jpg
20190118_190315.jpg

Last edited:
@Stevenski good fun doing those stems. It's great surprising folk.

Thank you and hopefully I'll be able to keep you entertained for a while longer.
I've got some cracking ideas still to come as and when time, space and funds allow.

Glad you like the stem, very well travelled blanks. From the US to me then all the way to yours.

I will dig out the pics and video of them being turned.

Well I spoke to soon on the 'easy repair', it probably would have been if I'd done this before. But I haven't.
Powdered aluminium which I eventually made into a paste with CA glue.
Hard work on a cylinder and I wasn't sure how it would turn out. It's taken on an a patina which is in keeping with the original theme.

No fun setting up a saw outside at this time of year so I bought a small compound mitre saw today which sits nicely on the bench next to my lathe.
Then had a play. Chestnut with Blackwood MP.

Well I spoke to soon on the 'easy repair', it probably would have been if I'd done this before. But I haven't.
Powdered aluminium which I eventually made into a paste with CA glue.
Hard work on a cylinder and I wasn't sure how it would turn out. It's taken on an a patina which is in keeping with the original theme.

No fun setting up a saw outside at this time of year so I bought a small compound mitre saw today which sits nicely on the bench next to my lathe.
Then had a play. Chestnut with Blackwood MP.
DUDE that top photo is way cool!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back