Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Up in Scotland clearing up some family business so nothings getting done until next weekend.
Really bad timing as the CNC parts are due this week as well.

Had a bit of time on these before I left.
The cubed Cocobolo IH enclosure is looking really nice after a coat of wax. Even got a matching DC jack.
IMG_20190531_125724.jpg

Had a few people ask about VC pipes. Japanese tobacco pipes or Kiseru and opium pipes.

Spinning a pipe over a torch was always the challenge.
One of the first ones I did right in the beginning was designed to work with the windshield that I made for my triple lighter.
The tip sat on the shield and an elongated body and angled stem ment it was possible to get the spin but it wasn't pretty.

The other problem is cleaning out all the gunk from a SS condenser.

A curved stem means pipe cleaners, if your lucky and diligent.
Personally I would avoid soaking them in Iso for the reclaim, who knows what they go thru in their manufacturing process.

The bamboo skewers I send out may bend enough if you soaked them overnight in water but it'd be a pity if one got stuck or broke off.
For now I'll stick to nice straight lines, not saying I won't do some curved pipe stems in the future.

This one is part way thru its trial assembly. It may well end up used for a stem, I'll know more when the order for some lighter coloured bamboo turns up.

Once finished there will be a Casein Ivory MP and an Ivory removable plug at the other end. Any reclaim will push thru as the whole stem is SS lined.
IH power takes care of the spinning problem.
IMG_20190531_170007.jpg

Up in Scotland, huh?

I KNEW there was SOMETHING about you that I liked besides your turning skills!

Please say hello to my Cecil Clan if you see them donna the pub!

By the way, dibs on the first completed bamboo pipe as well as first right of refusal on all subsequent iterations of IH pipes!

PUHLEEZE!

p.s. -- what DC power source does that Cocobolo IH plug into?

Last edited:
@Fat Freddy more bamboo on the way. I found some that's pre-drilled which takes a lot of the worry off my shoulders.

You know I'll look after your good self and the other members of the 'Frequent Flyers Club'. Get in touch anytime.

There really is no point as we say 'giving it the big one' about something you design that's never been proved works before it's offered up for sale.
Even worse when it doesn't actually do something you've sold it off the back of.

Here's the pipe design I mentioned. It works but it's not ideal and needs the windshield for a bit of ease of use.

Build it, prove it, sell it.
Enter the IH.

I often load my PP stem for a ponder & browse of this thread. Such consistent quality whilst never being afraid of trying something different.

@Madri-Gal it's a fine line :rofl:
The IH builders would shit the bed if an order for a Colt heater was placed.
And then you'd need a speedloader for it:aaaaa:

@Stevenski thank you.
Ages ago I did a labour exchange with someone on FC. They offered to draw some stuff up and I sent them a Conway Stewart stem.

One of them was related to the triple. The more I looked at it the more it was going to need a tweak. One line on the drawing made all the difference.

@LesPlenty not had the means to give it a run for its money. Extracts are my penchant so a hook up is on the cards.

Be careful grinding the glass, a mix of water and washing up liquid will help.

This one is more ergonomic than the first so it spins really easy in the hand, absolutely no concerns about the clicks following one after the other.
Sat and did some 'vapor path' sums and it looks okay on paper, real world usage is different.

It's great to finally sit down and work through some of the stuff floating in the ether between the ears.
Makes a bit of space for another idea.
As you say Stevenski the 'evolution' of ideas, thankfully they come thick and fast for now.

One of the pieces I designed this time around is made from aluminium and accepts the Ti insert.
As its softer it gives me opportunity to manipulate the shape easily. The donkey work gets done by hand before any expensive machining time.
Square for starters, 4 more shapes to try.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back