Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
That's going to look great with our Flux Deluxe IH.

TRWWglass.jpg

Thank you @Moses Baca

Three years ago today Phattpiggie set out on a woodturning adventure.

These maps represent the last two years worth of work and the places it's been sent out to, can't find the first year's information.
12 countries and 26 states is no mean feat especially in such a short time. The subject matter definitely helps.
Apologies if I missed anyone out the pins represent the places rather than the individuals.
IMG-20190717-122004-536.jpg

IMG-20190717-122004-535.jpg

IMG-20190717-122004-538.jpg

To all the past, present, repeat and future customers I can't thank you enough for the support you've shown.
Without you none of this would have happened.

Also to the retailers who've taken a leap of faith in some random stranger your help has and always will be greatly appreciated.

Keep an eye out as there are some great things in the works for the future, the TripCap being one.

Thank you all.

What is the name of the little Island off Morocco?
Nice work, just think of all the different lips wrapped around your stems, not many Chinese customers?

@Madri-Guy thank you, it's been great fun, full of great people.

Thank you @Timberhead, plenty of stoners everywhere.:aaaaa:

@LesPlenty it's Madeira, the Portuguese will have borrowed a while back and forgot to return it:rofl:

Thailand and Hong Kong so far.
China may be a difficult market to break into but there are other Asian countries.

@Fat Freddy thank you and thank you for the continued support.
Yes I have thought about stone, glass, bone and Moose turds along with some other stuff.
Long time ago I had an agate stem and I think @Squiby still has one.

@LesPlenty it's Madeira, the Portuguese will have borrowed a while back and forgot to return it:rofl:

China may be a difficult market to break into but there are other Asian countries.

Yes I have thought about stone, glass, bone and Moose turds along with some other stuff.
Did you spend much time thinking about Moose turds, @phattpiggie, or was it more of a passing thought?

For the record then, I'd be interested in getting stoned with stone! :smug:

Lemme know if you'd like to try to carve one out sometime?

A stone stem would really rock! :rofl: (sibilance and alliteration, both in the same sentence...and for no extra charge!)

My wife and I switched over to vaping last December as an early healthier Christmas gift to ourselves. I wanted to celebrate our upcoming first anniversary of being smoke-free with something special. I've loved @phattpiggie's work since the first time I saw it so what could be better than a couple custom stems? I contacted him mid-April as I wanted to be sure I'd have them for our first 'vapiversary' and three months later they were in my mailbox.

I love them and they're even more beautiful in person! I changed directions a few times but PP was super easy to work with and very accommodating. I'll keep them hidden in my drawer until December but I'll pull them out occasionally, just to look at them. I'll look at my pictures here, too. :smile:

I've always loved koa and wanted something simple and elegant. I wasn't sure about my wife's stem. Phattpiggie was showing me some various shapes and mouthpieces and I saw the red faux stone. I remember seeing that one before, it reminded me of a lava lamp. That's the one, my wife loves red.

ppstems.jpg

koa.jpg

red.jpg

PP also generously included two magnets! I had forgotten about those! They're fantastic, thank you again!

magnets.jpg

That's going to look great with our Flux Deluxe IH.

TRWWglass.jpg

I was right!

redFD.jpg

Last edited:
Those magnets would also be good for holding parchment paper on the Dabpress!
@Moses Baca, looks like the stem bug has bitten you...better than a snake I suppose, nice looking collection you have.
That Flux heater would look so much better with a heap of small holes for venting rather than those mouse holes.

Those magnets would also be good for holding parchment paper on the Dabpress!
@Moses Baca, looks like the stem bug has bitten you...better than a snake I suppose, nice looking collection you have.
That Flux heater would look so much better with a heap of small holes for venting rather than those mouse holes.
The magnets would be great with the dabpress!! The handles would make life more simple

@Madri-Gal I'm beyond gutted the turds no longer seem to be available, the hunt continues.

@Fat Freddy I'll take another look and see what comes of it. Don't think I'll be able to make one but there is always the possibility of a repurpose.

@Moses Baca you are more than welcome, no idea how you are going to hold off using them until the end of the year but best of luck.
Well done on kicking smoking, I would rather pass on a joint these days couldn't think of anything worse.
I'm also a bit of an extract snob and pass on vaping weed, can't cope with the smell.

@LesPlenty and @felvapes the magnet idea came from the push pins Moses linked.
Any size would work for rosin presses for VC use the only axially opposed ones I've used and that work are 10mm.

Put a video together of some of the work that got done over the last year, apologies to anyone I've missed.

A little something else I've been looking in to, hopefully once I'm back from vacation I can reveal all.

Zebrano cut at 45° prepped
IMG-20190725-150652.jpg

A challenge drilling this wood and the first blank ended up scrapped as the bit went for a wander.
IMG-20190725-151234.jpg

Judas Tree open twist with green acrylic and BW ends.
IMG-20190729-153809.jpg

Lignum Vitae, lovely wood to work with, paired with a synthetic amber 10mm MP. Brass and black accents.

All 3 sat together.
IMG-20190801-113533.jpg

Something's don't make the grade in this case a lovely piece of Afzelia Xylay.
The accents didn't pull together as tight as they should have.
IMG-20190802-142920.jpg

IMG-20190803-210543-166.jpg

Not wanting to disappoint the 'Cruella' fans this Redback piece got done.
BW with silver, black and red accents with 10mm red acrylic MP. Gotta get some 'shits and giggles' pieces done occasionally.
IMG-20190803-212142-130.jpg

162mm because that's how long the condenser was.
IMG-20190803-180203.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you @momofthegoons. Had an idea the other day and a simple tweek to a drawing allows a more modular build to the open twists.
Then there's a piece of equipment I've been looking into buying which will take them to another level.
Frustrating having ideas and then having to wait until the time and money all comes together to make them happen.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back