Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
My first excursion into Skellyworld has been with lighting

Alongside working out where the Skelly enclosures are going to take me I'll be doing some bits and pieces.
Yesterday was with the Black and White Nonovong I inlayed with turquoise. I did it to help explain how I could make carb'd stems.
Blackwood ends.
10VMUOG.jpg

Today that went this way .
Triple B. Blackwood, Bocote and brass. 14mm vong with an overall length of 100mm.
VYN7b92.jpg

The Lava Explosion 14mm pieces came out really well after a polish. Top one has only been wet and dry sanded.
UqOE995.jpg

D1cydVk.jpg

The video shows the depth and iridescence of this blank a bit better than the fotos

Here they are next to a Blackwood with Classic Green Conway Stewart and aluminium.
u6NdNme.jpg

The stem started out like this and I did intend on trying something else out but when I realised the grain was all going to match I binned the idea.

Got a very snug, very rough Skelly enclosure built today, next I need to make a dummy Skelly.
The dummy will be used to get all the holes in the right places and when the weather picks up a bit I'll be able to put it against bits of wood and know if they will work.
A lot less explaining to do when I visit the wood yards this way.

I currently have these pieces for sale, the longer stems are 150mm, the Blackwood one is 122mm, Without tips and caps.
oRpB4FL.jpg

The 100mm stems that match these vongs are available with thehedonistclub.co.uk on Thursday
55MTOCH.jpg

cNjpEka.jpg

All monies will be ploughed back into insulating the shed, I don't fancy turning while I'm wearing all my clothes to keep warm.

Edit. Look what the postie dropped thru my door..
kNlszaM.jpg

Red coral and some orange and blue magnesite.

Blackwood stem is now sold.

Last edited:
Bocote and plenty of it, I did the 100mm stem and vong in it and had to get some more.
The bottom piece is 2'x4"x1", LHS seven blanks are 1"²x6". The three smaller ones are Bimblebox Burr.
tzRpD7c.jpg

What a difference 100mm/4" of insulation makes, it's so nice being in a warm workshop.
It's even nicer when it gets so hot you have to take off a jumper, only to put it and a coat on to go outside.

Which means that it's time to kick all this off again. How does it go again:)

This weekend I will empty my Inbox of all conversations.

All the PM's between myself and your good selves will still show in your Inbox's.

To get on the next round of orders all you have to do is to contact me thru our initial conversation.

The date you contacted me relates to you place on the list so please do not start a new PM.

I'll have screen shots of the messages.

The list will be open for a couple of weeks giving everyone a chance to respond.

When I decided to start up PPWS I never imagined it would take off as well as it has, nothing was planned out. No business plan or any plan for that matter, I'm just going with the flow.

The hardest part is working out how to fit in orders, new stem ideas and other vape related projects so I'm having to prioritise stuff.

This will mean a couple of ideas will be put on the back burner as I concentrate on other things in order to keep everything flowing nicely.

All the ideas buzzing around my head will get done just in a different order.

As ever I have no idea what you good people have planned for me so again all I ask of you is a bit of patience.

All that Bocote looks like this now
Xy3U83F.jpg

Also did a case with some Oak dated around 1730.
This is a Rogue Cigar kit and is similar to a pen kit in that the wood is glued to brass tubes.

You could see the brass thru a couple of wormholes so I crushed some turquoise and filled them up.
The tube allows for adjustment of the length, the top of this one has had an inch cut off it.

@momofthegoons they have a 21mm or 0.8" hole drilled into the wood which was fun to do.

I should be able to do some matched stems and cases but they need larger blanks which I can't get in acrylics.

Nearly typed 'so they will be out of the question' but I've just had a thought on how to get round it.

Well I had planned to keep the list open until the beginning of next week but I'm afraid all the places are filled, and some.

Got a second price to come from the CNC shop and as soon as I get the parts I can make a start.

Fingers crossed I get a response this week.

The CNC guy got back to me and it's a 3 week wait, which is going to kill me.

I have these vongs and case for sale at the moment and if I can sell some of them it means I can get the machine shop to run both my ideas in one large order rather than two and another 3 week wait.

Top row L-R Tiger Rengas, Fiddelback Catalpa, Figured Ash, Lacewood.
Bottom row L-R Zebrano, Hawaiian Koa and Bog Oak.
All are 14mm, have full length SS condensers, no carbs, Blackwood hot ends and metal accents. Approx. 72mm/2.8" long.
HmZlGDb.jpg

The case is gun metal with Oak from the 1730's and turquoise inlay. 6.25"/162mm overall length, 7/8"/22mm OD. Internals are 3/4"/19mm ID and 5.7"/145mm.

Glass, especially clear dirty glass is a major turn off for me. Or dirty silicone:puke:
But I have to admit I have a soft spot for cobalt blue glass.
AfYCjTe.jpg

My collet chuck means I can grip glass on the lathe, spin it up and gently offer up wet diamond files.
I had to take the diameter down and put an O ring groove in it. Point proved for another idea.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back