Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
This is true @duff and matter of fact I have a load going out to the guys at VapeFiend in the UK next few days.

2018-10-16-14-32-42-1.jpg

That probably wouldn't work unless you cut the ground joint down by 4mm @LesPlenty.

This gets confusing but most 19mm male joints (which are actually 18.8mm and often referred to as 18) have a length of 26mm, which is the ISO standard. Nearly all 19 joints available are made to the ISO standard and not the shorter US standard (which is 22mm long on the taper).

The longer 26mm will push down on the screen in the RBT vape and could dislodge or damage it. The longer taper will also not sit tightly in the rbt glass.

You can cut them down so that they fit but diy'ers will have a hard time getting a very clean cut.

Nearly everything on dhgate that says 19mm joint size is the 26mm length.

Instead you'd need to either look for RBT specific gear (vapefiend, 420edc, Alan, @Ed's TnT, etc.) or find someone willing to alter it so that it would fit (like Oregon Glass Blower).

I dislike proprietary gear made by people that just want you shopping with them, so I just purchased a Tera to calm VAS, for now, shame, I could have got into these:disgust:

Enjoy the Tera!
I have a big ziplock bag with a couple pounds of activated carbon and my ultrasonic cleaner ready for it.:biggrin:
That is just one thing nature is better at, aromas :smoke:
I will keep this on the radar as I could probably get some GonG adapters cut down for when using on a bong, I tend to break a lot of glass, so much that I call it a consumable.:thumbsup:

Anyone privy to a good post about glue and other components used in RBT heaters? Sorta like Ed’s TNT WoodScent VaporAsylum Approval....
I don't own any of the RBT products and have no clue as to what he uses in his vapes....

But I am all about transparency with the materials used in vaporizers so if anyone does find out (or knows first hand) I would love for it to be posted.

Have read this on the site:

0DDCC043-BE22-428D-98FE-2BFB74643378.jpeg

But I think a thorough third-party approval would be great for potential customers and even for credibility of RBT; as it is a grassroots product.

I own a handful of his vaporizers and am personally a fan.

Edit: Big Fan! I don’t want to take mine apart.

Last edited:
But I think a thorough third-party approval would be great
For that to happen on this forum we would, first off, need @herbivore21 to be available and willing to take the time to test and research the product(s). He is our 'safety inspector' and has looked at items in the past for free. He is very busy IRL and don't know how willing he is to do any product checks at this time.

Secondly we would need ALL of RBT's product information; including getting units into herbivore's hands to test and disassemble.

Edit: I have a history for having issues with adhesives or insulation in vapes (and for exposing them).... so for shits and giggles I just looked up the MSDS on this particular Loctite adhesive.

No where does it say it is food safe. And there are a few disturbing safety blurbs. If you look under the Precautionary Measures portion it states:

Do not breathe vapors, mist, or spray. Wash thoroughly after handling. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves, eye protection, and face protection.

Now that, obviously, pertains to the wet product. But you have to use a respirator to use it.

And in the Stability and Reactivity section, under conditions to avoid:

Keep away from heat, ignition sources and incompatible materials. Protect from direct sunlight. Avoid moisture.

Now whether or not this means heat while wet or after it has become dry... that I do not know.

You would have to call the company and ask if it is safe to use in a product's air path that heats up to x temperature. Will it off gas? Etc.

For that to happen on this forum we would, first off, need @herbivore21 to be available and willing to take the time to test and research the product(s). He is our 'safety inspector' and has looked at items in the past for free. He is very busy IRL and don't know how willing he is to do any product checks at this time.

Secondly we would need ALL of RBT's product information; including getting units into herbivore's hands to test and disassemble.

Darn....sounds unlikely...that’s a shame

Hmmm... I just tried out a splinter v1 last night.

Assumed it wasn’t made with toxic glue.

I was surprised to see there wasn’t already a thread here, so I was going to make one with my results, and to ask a few questions, but...

Maybe there is a reason there isn’t a splinter thread?

RBT product safety was discussed fairly thoroughly when they first came out with Zion and Milaana, and wasn't an issue. I have 3, including 1 that still works and two that have been awaiting repair instructions since April 2018. I'm sure RBT will send those along when he 'gets back' from wherever he goes.

I just read this today. What do y'all think about it?

RBT is changing it's business model to making limited runs of initial product introductions. These runs will be initially released through a pre-order of a limited number of units. To gauge interest RBT will be accepting a blank email to milaana3@rastabuddhatao.com. If sufficient demand exist then a pre-order will be done. Price point will be based on demand as the development cost of the project will be spread over the batch size. This allows RBT to assess the true demand for a project prior to making the investment to develop it.

Same is happening with Zion M so please see that thread if you are interested... and only tell your cool freinds

Hoping for a good showing as I would hate to see Milaana die but if the dog wont hunt it gets a bullet. #leanstartup

Nothing like paying to be a company's market research bunny, fuck them and any other company that wants us to pay to do their work (Onsen Labs springs to mind)

I just read this today. What do y'all think about it?

RBT is changing it's business model to making limited runs of initial product introductions. These runs will be initially released through a pre-order of a limited number of units. To gauge interest RBT will be accepting a blank email to milaana3@rastabuddhatao.com. If sufficient demand exist then a pre-order will be done. Price point will be based on demand as the development cost of the project will be spread over the batch size. This allows RBT to assess the true demand for a project prior to making the investment to develop it.

Same is happening with Zion M so please see that thread if you are interested... and only tell your cool freinds

Hoping for a good showing as I would hate to see Milaana die but if the dog wont hunt it gets a bullet. #leanstartup
Well...... I wouldn't exactly call RBT a "start up" since he's been at this for a number of years.....

In this instance I would look to the past to see a track record and how business and customers were handled......:cool:

And my question is.... is this statement about the older models that he has discontinued? Or his newer Mi3? He mentions the Zion but hasn't made those in years. From what I understood the Mi3 project wasn't getting off the ground due to the fact that retailers wouldn't carry it (since it is unregulated). So is this a new effort to get it done? What exactly is he trying to gauge interest in?

Last I heard, he was going to 'spin off' his product line and RBT was for sale.

w1soymkttlb8ovmj.jpg

I did follow them for a while when they were developing the zion, but for whatever reason I lost interest.

I find the statement odd coming from what seems like a well established company.

I got burned once pre paying for a product from a small start up and vowed not to let that happen again. So I remain suspicious.

Last I heard,

haha...last I heard was.....well, about a dozen different stories about how RBT is going to evolve.

I do have two Milaana's that bought from 420EDC because I was willing to deal with Mark (very nice and very business like experience) and was NOT willing to deal with Ryan at time.

Since you guys are talking about RBT business practices.....I bought a splinter from PIU at $55, it honestly didnt make much sense to me but who am I to argue with that deal?

On reddit vaporents (not sure if I can link here) the potential reasons for this sale (apparently happened on sneakypete as well) were discussed. It appears that these retailers have cut ties with RBT (most of their products are deleted on both websites).

I thought this post was odd:

"Please patronize @vgoodiez enabling Scott to surpass @puffitup in sales #paythepiedvapor"

Vgoodiez was the one sharing this as apparently he has cut ties as well.

I am happy to try out these products at a reasonable price and doubt I will be disappointed by PIU service should I need it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back