Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
This is too fucking weird. I have met both Scott and Randy and they are good guys, both of them.

Agreed. I have heard nothing but positive feedback about Randy. And every time I have ordered from PIU, they have met or exceeded my expectations. I wish I could give them more business!

Vendors aren’t dropping off because the quality of the Splinters are bad.

@Monk Debate - why are vendors dropping off? I haven't read much outside of this thread on RBT of late. I have Zion 13, and 2x Milan as - nice junkies when they work, but the lifetime warranty seems to be lacking.

To be clear, I haven’t spoken personally with any vendors. The PIU guys have kept mum as far as I know. Scott has been pretty open on IG and Reddit about Ryan’s erratic behavior, ignoring RMAs and emails for months, being generally not communicative, etc. Several RBT product owners with issues on the various forums were told to mail their products to Ryan, they did, and then heard nothing for months. According to what Scott posted, his attempts to help Ryan get back on track were met with hostility.

Then there’s the public facing erratic behavior. Announcing tons of new projects, then saying some are not happening, some are, some are on the back burner, some are actively in development, and seemingly changing those designations on a whim. Offering RBT up for sale and then a very short time later announcing new partnerships with members of the community as if the sale offer never happened. Getting into business arrangements with people and then dropping them suddenly and with little to no reason. If I were a vendor, I wouldn’t want to be responsible for handling products from such a volatile manufacturer.

For me personally, a little while ago I decided all the back and forth and unpredictable behavior didn’t give me confidence as a consumer in RBT. I just sold both my Splinters, vapes I love, and have been seeking out other convection vapes to replace them. I sure hope everyone who put down money for a Milaana 3 gets what they ordered.

Scott has been pretty open on IG and Reddit about Ryan’s erratic behavior, ignoring RMAs and emails for months, being generally not communicative, etc.

Then there’s the public facing erratic behavior. Announcing tons of new projects, then saying some are not happening, some are, some are on the back burner, some are actively in development, and seemingly changing those designations on a whim. Offering RBT up for sale and then a very short time later announcing new partnerships with members of the community as if the sale offer never happened. Getting into business arrangements with people and then dropping them suddenly and with little to no reason.

IMO, this is not new or changed behavior. Just the same crap, different day, from RBT.

IMO, this is not new or changed behavior. Just the same crap, different day, from RBT.

I can’t speak to past behavior, I’d only dimly heard of RBT before the Splinters because I have no interest in unregulated vapes. But clearly at one point several vendors were willing to work with Ryan and now are choosing not to.

I've been happy with my Splinter, so I grabbed a Malaana before they are gone for good. It got here Saturday, and is shelved for now. I want to get familiar with a few other vapes before I pull it into rotation.
RBT hooked me up. The Splinter I ordered was a 'second', and priced accordingly. The one I received was in pristine condition. The Malaana was on sale, it shipped immediately and Ryan threw in a battery charger for free. I couldn't be more pleased with the service I have received.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back