Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape SHOW US YOUR BALLS - Ball vapes - user experience and comparisons

I break out the power unit with the solar panels and plug in
Auber had 12v PID and matching coils once:cry:
CH has a PID and coil that uses 18v Lithium power tool batteries but is Milwaukee, I am a Makita man.
I did look at battery adapters but just went the Puffco Peak Pro, now Pockety route for trates and there are many portable herb vapes that can run great all day with quick swap batteries.

New dual PID arrived today
Very nice
Happy to be back on the ballers
My 3 aubers have all gone back for repair - worst fuckin luck with them
The last one the knob is too easy to accidentally click and change the settings to make it not work at all
Wasn't happy - but they did offer to waive the $20 per unit repair fee because post is so much for me
In the meantime I got an Ali double PID that is wired for Auber coils
Great unit, two pids off one power point/plug
Also has a coil check setting before you turn on to heat it which should help prevent any mismatched coils blowing it up
Great for testing heads back to back or having a dab rig and a baller running

Also my diy ballers stand/holder
Glass cutting disc from AliExpress on my angle grinder
Easy job
Ignore the extra slice - I am a stoner and forgot to measure twice and cut once
Instead I measured 3 times (after the first round) and cut three times grrrr
My OCD sees it every time and gets annoyed lol
At least it functions well and has a handle for moving which is better than the very expensive qshop version
There's also a dog's bum in the background....lol

AU $53.68 | Black or Sliver color PID control box
IMG20221116205112.jpg
IMG20221116201308.jpg
IMG20221116201300.jpg

New dual PID arrived today
Thats fucking cool i want one dammit.. me and the misses have to take turns..

My 3 aubers have all gone back for repair - worst fuckin luck with them
Im sure you didnt tell me this when telling me the auber was the better of the controllers.. if 3 have broke that sounds like they are not that great..

Genius on the coil holder...

I break out the power unit with the solar panels and plug in
Wait.. are you saying you can run a dab rig from solar pannels ??

Im sure you didnt tell me this when telling me the auber was the better of the controllers.. if 3 have broke that sounds like they are not that great..

Aubers are the known better unit

But I did say that Ali make great units also and a lot cheaper
Now I have this one I'm actually impressed with the coil check features
And the dual PID one PowerPoint is great

My first two aubers broke from incorrect coils - one wasn't what I thought it was and the other had a loose wire and shorted from my solder
So I blame me for those two

The latest Auber like yours is a brilliant machine - but be bloody careful with that knob
It did the auto off thing (which actually became annoying) and I quickly turned it back on - but as I did so I accidentally pressed the middle button somehow and turned it and it changed the settings in a way I couldn't fix by reset and they couldn't give me instructions

So the last one was an issue imo with the settings being too easy to accidentally change without knowing
And I was a bit pissed about it tbh - they need to fix this

But yea you have a great unit in the Auber - just be slow and careful around the knob and pressing shit
Not exactly stoner proof for a dab or baller rig

But the AliExpress one is a beast so far and runs two at once off one plug
And with the coil check back up I don't have to worry about wrong coils blowing my PID anymore

I will give two of my aubers away with my spare baller heads I don't use to convert some people
I might keep one of them so I can run two heads and a dab coil or something

It still has cost me about $100 in post back and forth to merica to fix the Aubers even with the $60 repair discount
One PID from Ali shop I shared is half that .....

if 3 have broke that sounds like they are not that great..
They are better than most and the rotary dial for temp changes is great.
they couldn't give me instructions
Language barrier?
There is a PDF somewhere for the RDK300, I only have the RDK200 instructions...somewhere.
I also like my Menovo, I have been thinking of getting another to use the 20mm coil for my spare baller,
Rotary dial and remote control that is handy with its full numeric keypad (I threw out the 20mm coil that came with my OG as I thought I would never have a use for it:mental:)

They are better than most and the rotary dial for temp changes is great.

Language barrier?
There is a PDF somewhere for the RDK300, I only have the RDK200 instructions...somewhere.
I also like my Menovo, I have been thinking of getting another to use the 20mm coil for my spare baller,
Rotary dial and remote control that is handy with its full numeric keypad (I threw out the 20mm coil that came with my OG as I thought I would never have a use for it:mental:)
No language barrier
They said they can't fix it via email if the reset I did doesn't work
The rotary knob was cool - until it fucked the settings without any sign
It also isn't that used a feature - I set my temp and it's done
No concerns about fucking the settings now with my Ali lol
I have noticed in the Auber FC thread this is a known issue that Auber admits in the thread as far back as 2020
They made the reset function as a result - but in this case it doesn't work
I used to think Auber was the bees knees - I'm starting to lean towards they have similar stuff to others at a higher price with a fancy knob
Very good of them to waive the $60 fee though - I'll be gifting them on though as I love the dual PID convenience
I still rate a working Auber, but they shouldn't be so fragile - especially for stoners - the settings thing honestly is too easy to happen and they know it themselves - make it a three click to get into settings or something - easy fix they haven't implemented since at least 2020

I liked the menovo and almost got one (that's the one 710 rebrands I think)
But it is only one PID/coil and almost the same price as an Auber
I did buy one tbh at first but the seller refunded me as they had none left

Same price from Ali and I have a dual pid on one PowerPoint with the same coil check fucntion as the menovo
No remote though

There is a PDF somewhere for the RDK300
I have it.. might as well be in russian, makes no sense.. and i got no idea how to post a pdf file here...

I have it.. might as well be in russian, makes no sense.. and i got no idea how to post a pdf file here...
I have the instructions
And they have always been very helpful via email - to the point of giving instructions on how to solder chips and what parts to buy to diy fix cheaply

But they said if I had done the things I had and done the resets then they will need their technician to look at it

The rdk200 doesn't have the same issue as the knob is a bit harder to press and you know it's been pressed before turning it and accidentally changing settings

But the 300 is so smooth on the dial and button press it can happen without realising

The reason they can't help is because I don't know where it stopped and what setting was changed
So besides a reset they can't explain what to go and adjust
If we lived in merica it would be fine
Cheap repair and cheap post
For us it's a bit much
But it was worth paying post to send 3 back especially as they kindly offered to waive the repair costs because I had issues with three pids and lived so far away

In future though, I think I'd stick to Ali pids (from the above seller or b2cvape) because at the price - if it does ever stop I can replace it for half what the Auber costs to repair let alone new

It looks cool on the table - has two outputs and a safety coil check, and it's flat on top so I can put stuff on it -  and the power cord is at the back while the coil is at the front which works much better than the rdk 300 with power on front ....why?

The reason they can't help is because I don't know where it stopped and what setting was changed
Crazy that its that easy to fuck settings.. why cant we have a couloured, touch screen, controller thats actually user friendly with easioy accessable menus ??

than the rdk 300 with power on front
My rdk300 has power out the back with coils at front...

Crazy that its that easy to fuck settings.. why cant we have a couloured, touch screen, controller thats actually user friendly with easioy accessable menus ??

My rdk300 has power out the back with coils at front...
Picture please....
Every 300 I've seen has them both at the front
I have a 300a and a 300b
Both have the coil and power cord at the front and it gets in the way

The 200 has the power cord at the back and coil at the front

I wonder when they changed it ?
I got my 300b not that much longer before you - within 6-12 months

Lucky for you, bummer for me hahaha

Picture please
Go to the 'how high am i right now' thread, my last post should show it..
Wait i got it wrong... power and coil, all at back.. im high sorry...

Edit:- jus checked.. you can clearly see kettle plug, and coil at back of unit...

Go to the 'how high am i right now' thread, my last post should show it..
Wait i got it wrong... power and coil, all at back.. im high sorry...

Edit:- jus checked.. you can clearly see kettle plug, and coil at back of unit...
Yup
At the back - I called it front because in order for the coil to be a useful length I had it facing the other way on my table
Either way - annoying and I think it's better having a cord on either end of the unit so the power cord is out of the way and you have access to the full length of the coil
Their old unit the rdk 200 did this and the Ali pids do this
For some unknown reason on the upgraded "new" version Auber moved their coil position

The cables both coming out of the bottom of my RDK200 is the reason I went with that cheaper version (US$59), not the price for a change. It depends on how you are set up on where the cables work best.
I did want the 300 for the ability to set the bump up temp and time for cleaning the Dnail, that feature may have got my coil to last longer as I quite often forget to drop it back from 900f

The cables both coming out of the bottom of my RDK200 is the reason I went with that cheaper version (US$59), not the price for a change. It depends on how you are set up on where the cables work best.
I did want the 300 for the ability to set the bump up temp time for cleaning the Dnail, that feature may have got my coil to last longer as I quite often forget to drop it back from 900f
Wait what... Now I want a picture of your RDK lol
I'm confused

Here is a pic with a few of the bowls I have been testing,
1668610711856.jpg

You can hang it on the wall too.

Wait.. are you saying you can run a dab rig from solar pannels ??

From the power unit
81Amfk-ZjKL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Our model is slightly different and buried with the camping equipment from the Halloween festival
These are great for remote camping

Here is a pic with a few of the bowls I have been testing,
View attachment 42143
You can hang it on the wall too.
Okay so now I'm stoner memory fucked
I swear my rdk 200 had cords on opposite sides
Maybe Auber has always been like they then
Well, that's something I find annoying about both my aubers having them on a table .... Stoner brain fart
This unit just sits tucked away in place much tidier like Tetris
Has two on off buttons on the back for each PID and the two buttons on the front to start heat up after coil check

I like the baller stand btw :thumbsup: very good
IMG20221117020921.jpg

From the power unit
View attachment 42144

Our model is slightly different and buried with the camping equipment from the Halloween festival
These are great for remote camping
I have 270 Ah of batteries in the back of the car with solar on top and a 3000w pure sine converter
But I wouldn't want to run my ballers or coils for too long on it, although I can run almost anything I need to

Last edited:
I thought there would be lots of options like the MaxVapor controller by now
but I think the only other one I've seen is the FC DiY/open source controller by JCat

1.2kw solar output... what does a controller draw ???

A LOT!!!!
Ran the volcano several times but the enail will drain it in several hours if left on the entire time
The power draw exceeds the charging by the panels but you can extend the running time
I run the vapes and let the power go to about 30%-40% guesstimate before recharging
I did a late morning session and recharged during the midday, late October sun gives you a small window
Held up most of the night
This is where the Volcano shines, heats up quick and you can do several sessions without much power draw if you turn it off

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back