Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

@felvap You can tell from my question that I base my knowledge on past experience- a bowl vs. vaporizer. But, I got what you are saying.
If I got both, I have two experiences - dry and wet. That may be a good start. I was hoping not to get on this slippery slope, looks like I am going for a ride.
Weeeeeeeee!!
@LesPlenty I will try to follow your lead as far as size 18/19. I will be using a vapcap, too.

@felvap You can tell from my question that I base my knowledge on past experience- a bowl vs. vaporizer. But, I got what you are saying.
If I got both, I have two experiences - dry and wet. That may be a good start. I was hoping not to get on this slippery slope, looks like I am going for a ride.
Weeeeeeeee!!
@LesPlenty I will try to follow your lead as far as size 18/19. I will be using a vapcap, too.
I only use my glass to vape now
the ones I am recommending I have that purpose in mind
I always use them wet - except if a plain j-hook

I use 18mm for my joints except for some dab rigs only come in 14

All my vape ones are 18

For my VC I like to use 14-18 adapters like this https://www.dhgate.com/product/5pcs...d=461699569857847302#s1-0-1b;searl|2021131404
The cap fits in the 14 end nicely with a thicker o-ring
great airflow

yup
gas is real....and apparently I am no help to the cure according to @momofthegoons

I plan on purchasing glass to use with my WS. I haven't used any glass since the 70's, yikes! I've seen the little globe that puffitup has ( out of stock ), I thought that looked stable, and small. I am not looking for anything too big, it's just me. I have looked at DHGate, and there are some that look enticing ( hate that word, ha ). Please help an old gal out, some stand-outs anyone?
For log vapes I prefer matrix or tree percs in pieces that are 8"-9" tall. The first one @LesPlenty listed is an excellent choice. The D020 and D020-D from sunshinestore are also nice with the former offering less diffusion than the later (and a nicer shape IMO). They both have 18mm joints but I prefer 14mm joints. Both pieces come with a reducer so you are covered if you have 14mm stems. This piece spends quite a bit of time with my UnderDog and so does this one (the highest price is for case bundle - lower with just a bowl, but CCG is not cheap). The matrix sidecar (FC-187 18mm and FC-188 14mm) from StevenLMZ79 are solid performers - they have a larger can volume that produces more of a 'fill-n-clear' experience vs the straight draw of the smaller can pieces. Finally - this peice from CCG also sees a lot of use - it's very small and with the 4 slit downstem preserves a lot of flavor - they will ship one without the label if you prefer. Happy hunting!

My Plenty likes the sidecar matrix from steven

But the rattle can handles it nicely too and holds flavour

I do not yet have a WS but I know that @LesPlenty has two and he owns a mobius sidecar knockoff and a rattle can

I believe he uses the rattle can with the WS more and the matrix with the plenty

Not sure what he uses for the VC

Last edited:
@ataxian - zigzag girl here too, back in the day :smoke:
Never got into bongs, I'd used them though, cough!

@LesPlenty - I have been watching your links to glass, I've also read the good list/bad list on sellers.
The 3rd one looks too complicated, atm. But, the other 2 are real possibilities. Please keep posting, you know this stuff, ain't easy peasy.:smug:
Those j hooks look fun.

@felvapes - This is also in my history ( I've seen links to it ), but, I wasn't too sure what it's purpose was. Am I correct the jhook attaches to glass catcher and the product goes in the hole in the middle? Do you attach a bowl on top? right?

Thanks gang, for taking the time. :peace:out
I loved ZIGZAG’s before surf big waves in HAWAII.
Bong’s ? Did not like the Big gapping hole?
We played outside?
Cannabis was natural!

I Love glass!
77 when BonG’s came out in my world my College friend had a dirty piece.
I stayed a zigzag human.
2012 when I tried the new Waterpipes clean it blew my mind!
I spent so much $ on made in CALIFORNIA glass?
Dhgate worked out better in my case?
I broke so much glass.
My wife carries all my pieces to where I vape!
@Whisper I had 40+ pieces before when I started vaping!
2-day I have only 20+/-.
I quit buying 4 now?
Shhot, man....in the 70's the bongs where I was were made of glued together pexiglass with a fixed stem and a carb hole. Oh, they got nasty! haha

@Whisper wrt @LesPlenty 's pic above of the carb'd adapter...this is what that looks like with a log vape...an Enano in this case but pretty much all the same. They way I use it, the log goes on the gong on the far stem and I open the plug to clear it on the near stem....gets the log out of my face and I don't have to reach around it to get to the plug. The glass is DHGate from Popularglass. An FC-188, I believe for....eh, about $35 or so?

Nano w- 14 mm bridge adapter.jpeg

You should see the husband giving me looks, 'You already have one vaporizer, why 2?'

And how many golf clubs, hunting rifles, or fishing rods does he have? LOL

Good luck!

Phew! Thanks everyone, I am going to read the reviews, and try to make informed decision. You should see the husband giving me looks, 'You already have one vaporizer, why 2?':thinker:
He's going to love seeing the glass parade! Well, maybe not:yikes:

:peace: out
When I got SCA & CANNABIS was a better way to manage it than what the Doctor Gave, my wife thought I was crazy!

10 vaporizers?
40 waterpipes?

CANNABIS is not bad!

I got the TORO bidcage, the one I said looked complicated that @LesPlenty suggested, a j-hook, and some fittings. I am going to get glass catcher, which is on Ebay.
@bizwaxzion , loved your suggestions, good to keep for THE next purchase, og my goodness, we's in trouble!! Looks like it will be a month possibly before I get my
glass goodies, it will give me and my WS some alone time. I am looking forward to it. :hug:

I got the TORO bidcage, the one I said looked complicated
Great choice, you can swap the percs between the 2 and use the ash catcher part alone on your j-hook so you will have like 4 or 5 different experiences with the one piece and the best part is it comes apart far enough to be able to maintain it by chucking it in the dishwasher, I can't do that with all my other bongs! That being said, my Rattle can seems to be my 'go to' piece atm.:thumbsup:
I will just add that I never liked using a bong back in the old combustion days and I was a bit dubious about getting one, as you can see by my signature that view has changed since I started vaporizing.:partyhat:
IMG_20180827_163525.jpg

These are the adapters I use to make 18mm vapcap stems,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/manufacturer-2pcs-lot-glass-adapter-14-5mm/213619561.html
Order the 14mm male to 18mm male, you get 5 of them for the $7 and usually a couple will fit great and the others may need fatter o-rings,
IMG_20181018_155441.jpg

Last edited:
Phew! Thanks everyone, I am going to read the reviews, and try to make informed decision. You should see the husband giving me looks, 'You already have one vaporizer, why 2?':thinker:
He's going to love seeing the glass parade! Well, maybe not:yikes:

:peace: out
You need more than 2 vapes too -lol - they all work and hit a bit different
Nice glass choices - I do recommend the Rattle can one day they are nice - yes the catcher I posted from ebay is a killer with a j-hook

The y adapter people share I use sideways so that I have access to the carb cap on the side
I find it easier than having a straight line weighing the front of bong down and reaching around things

I prefered bongs in the days of combustion but usually we had real basic glassy or plastic fantastic - a metal stem if doing well

As a kid the adults used to take the glass oil bottles from petrol stations with the plastic funnel/lid
they were the perfect go to billie back then - the petrol stations don't have them anymore

no longer are they service stations where they serve you and fill your fluids
Now they are petrol shops where you buy everything and nothing is complimentary

Since vaping though I have a new glass addiction and love it - just wish I smoked out of some of these beauty's when I did...I think I would have enjoyed the experience more

TBH I find I am vaping some vapes dry these days and I was never a joint person unless it was being passed round the room - even then I prefered a cone lol

Loves vaping though

I have a couple of bigger glass pieces too that are nice I only suggested the smaller ones I have as that was what you were asking about
I find that I use the smaller ones more though

I think if I was combusting still the bigger ones would get use

Anyways I am fresh off a wpa mighty hit and rambling

Enjoy your new toys and happy vaping :D

As a kid the adults used to take the glass oil bottles from petrol stations with the plastic funnel/lid
they were the perfect go to billie back then - the petrol stations don't have them anymore

You mean these........ Know them well :dog:

$_35.JPG

I sometimes miss the days when I would rip the most ridiculous .5g bowls but I was smoking stupid amounts every day. I had upgraded to a 50cm tube by then but they are no good for vaping.

The Mike Shea sidecar I have is a perfect dry glass piece. Six slits in the showerhead give plenty of vapour diffusion.

You mean these........ Know them well :dog:

View attachment 6241

I sometimes miss the days when I would rip the most ridiculous .5g bowls but I was smoking stupid amounts every day. I had upgraded to a 50cm tube by then but they are no good for vaping.

The Mike Shea sidecar I have is a perfect dry glass piece. Six slits in the showerhead give plenty of vapour diffusion.
Thems the ones

sometimes a smaller bowl type glass bit

Great things

So hard to come across these days

$_20.JPG

$_20-2.JPG

$_20-3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@felvapes Dabbing,j-hooking and posting pictures at the same time, what could go wrong?:rofl:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back