Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

To begin with, I took apart my Vapcap, I was shocked by the amount of gunk, that
had built up over such a short period of time. With prior usage of a VC, I never really
experienced that amount. ( No lighter, more usage? probably ) After a good cleansing,
I used the Toro with both chambers, most of the day, and played with the jhook some.
Smooth, almost unnoticeable vapor. Lovely. I upped the temperature, I found that my lower temps,
weren't reaching the heights, that are possible. Oh me, oh my oh, what a difference a small bump up
in temp will do.
I had to dismantle it, wrap it up, and put it away last night. I can't take the chance of my
doggie or worse, me hitting it at night. Today, I will unwrap, and try other combos. Great choice, lots of options for me:smile:,
easy to clean ( dishwasher!!!) and I will try the lemon trick, too. Very pleased with the choice, thanks again.
Oh, I tried different water levels, too. I like less, more is too much draw resistance ( for why? ).
Today, after chores I shall hop on my Toro, and we will explore, yes, explore!!:science:

Can we have a bull emoji? lol

Can we have a bull emoji? lol
If you can find one I'll add it lol....

Very pleased with the choice
It really does look like a nice rig. I have way too much glass or I'd hop on that one too. And time will tell..... I am ridiculous with my GAS these days. @Stevenski keeps telling me I should just save up and buy an expensive rig lol.... but... so far I haven't been succesful I just went on Social Security so I feel like I've gotten a 'raise.' Maybe that will be my first big purchase; a new 'serious' rig. :tongue: I saw a recyler on IG this morning that caught my eye. I do have a passion for recyclers..... I'm trying to find out who made it. :lol:

Btw @felvapes this rig finally showed up about a week ago. Forgot to post about it. For the price, it's a nice little dab unit. I haven't tried it with a vape yet... might have to get on that today. I think it might be good with the Solo for Fury2. Have you tried it any other way than dabbing?

The first time I used it I felt it had too much drag but I've since gotten used to it. It's not as smooth as my Fishbowl recycler by any means... but I think it's one of the better cheap DHGate pieces.

I
If you can find one I'll add it lol....

It really does look like a nice rig. I have way too much glass or I'd hop on that one too. And time will tell..... I am ridiculous with my GAS these days. @Stevenski keeps telling me I should just save up and buy an expensive rig lol.... but... so far I haven't been succesful I just went on Social Security so I feel like I've gotten a 'raise.' Maybe that will be my first big purchase; a new 'serious' rig. :tongue: I saw a recyler on IG this morning that caught my eye. I do have a passion for recyclers..... I'm trying to find out who made it. :lol:

Btw @felvapes this rig finally showed up about a week ago. Forgot to post about it. For the price, it's a nice little dab unit. I haven't tried it with a vape yet... might have to get on that today. I think it might be good with the Solo for Fury2. Have you tried it any other way than dabbing?

The first time I used it I felt it had too much drag but I've since gotten used to it. It's not as smooth as my Fishbowl recycler by any means... but I think it's one of the better cheap DHGate pieces.
Is this the honeycomb perc recycler?
I think I only dab with it

The krome dome hour glass is great for vapes or dabs and smooth hits

The one you didn't get at first from Steven with the tyre perc under the tornado has the least resistance of my recyclers

I also have been trying not to buy the above mod piece and so far held my gas for now
Lol

Enjoy the new toys @Whisper
Glad you are enjoying
Yes the VC can get dirty quick with use and higher temps will def give bigger hits

There is a lot of experimentation for @Whisper to do with the glass received. Experiment with different water levels, combinations of glass & even dry. Also warm water makes a completely different experience & really moisturises the vapour.

@momofthegoons is right about me always banging on about her buying a "quality" piece but not necessarily expensive. My glass is not really expensive but the ones I use every day are high quality & extremely functional. That is worth the price of admission to me.

Quality glass cures GAS

There is a lot of experimentation for @Whisper to do with the glass received. Experiment with different water levels, combinations of glass & even dry. Also warm water makes a completely different experience & really moisturises the vapour.

@momofthegoons is right about me always banging on about her buying a "quality" piece but not necessarily expensive. My glass is not really expensive but the ones I use every day are high quality & extremely functional. That is worth the price of admission to me.

Quality glass cures GAS
I'm still not a fan of the warm water idea
Dunno just not into inhaling warn steam that way
I never enjoyed Vicks steam baths etc either like in crocodile Dundee where he Chuck's the lads coke in a bowl...lol

Yet happy to smell camphor and eucalyptus etc

I have some good quality glass pieces that function great
Still get gas...lol
I also need a few pieces as I have the cleaning rotation

I have whittled it down to which ones get more use but I still enjoy changing it up for a different experience

Kinda like different vapes hit different same with the glass

I can see the difference when a shit piece is used compared to a good one though but don't think I need to spend shitloads to get one that functions well - Esp with breakable product

And with GAS if I bought expensive glass I would be broke
Lol

I gotta say I don't know how much different the real roor would be to my knockoff though
Some of my glass I could see how a more expensive one could be better made but my roor is perfect and instead of$1000 I paid less than 100$

I saw a recyler on IG this morning that caught my eye. I do have a passion for recyclers..... I'm trying to find out who made it. :lol:
I found out who the artist is on IG... he goes by jimrighterglassworks there. Here's the rig that caught my fancy:

And here's the function vid that did it lol... one of my home boys from the 'D.' Check out the cyclone action.....

I've got Jim Righter on follow now. He's holding another giveaway when he hits 2k followers. A gal can always dream lol....

I found out who the artist is on IG... he goes by jimrighterglassworks there. Here's the rig that caught my fancy:

And here's the function vid that did it lol... one of my home boys from the 'D.' Check out the cyclone action.....

I've got Jim Righter on follow now. He's holding another giveaway when he hits 2k followers. A gal can always dream lol....

Ok, now following Jim Righter. I'm a sucker for cyclones, and your choice does look amazing. I'm not in the market for anything, as I've taken on a new dog, and she needs shots, to be spayed, etc. My Pet Acquisition Syndrome prevents me from developing VAS or GAS. My priorities are all out of balance. Still, he's one closer to 2K followers, and I hope you win the giveaway when it's up. Fingers crossed.

Been wanting to show off this idea I came up with. to deal with side by side setups. I present to you THE GLASS CLAW. :science:
c6wxXXgl.jpg
4LTLDDxl.jpg
Gj4XunIl.jpg

Breakers are Gaters. Makes sense.
I know some like BLING? (Name brands, cosmetics as well!)
Function first 4 me.
It’s what I understand?

The UFO is a decent WP? (Water pipe)
Oregon Glass BLOWER’S make’s a water pipe 4 it! (Small hole on mouthpiece)

I dropped all my CUSTOM WP’S first week?
When www.dhgate.com came in my vision. (Game CHANGER)
I guess $ is tight?

I would not say any of my pieces are blingy exactly. I am all about function & simple percs with glass. The UFO is a great example & I have one very similar with a fixed mouthpiece.

My current daily piece cost $80US on sale & was worth every penny with a perc like I have not seen before.

20190118_192359.jpg

I know I have shown the below pic before...its my Mobius Atom with matching drop down from The Cave Smoke Shop (who are great people).

But now I have finally used it! (WHAT!! LOL). Truth...I have a few dab rigs including a couple by Terry Sawyer (Phatt Ass Glass) and love and had in the rotation the Hover Perk (also shown below). So, not in any rush to clean the PAG piece so the Mobius sat on the shelf and was admired.

Now don't get me wrong....I love $35 DHGate glass and I'm not a rich guy or a big glass collector. DHGate stuff is wonderfully functional (most of it at least) for an extraordinarily good price. But its not even in the same universe as the real Mobius piece. Thick glass, absolutely perfect welds, beautiful planes and edges, fabulous polishing...in every way its just an order of magnitude better build quality.

Does that mean you have to run out and buy one...no, IMO function is function and that's all we really need. But, if its your birthday (as it was mine) and you want to buy yourself a nice present, try an OG Mobius piece...you will never mistake it for your cheaper glass.

Atom at The Cave
Mobius Atom with Disk Drop Down.JPG

PAG Hover Perk
Hover Perc green and red.jpeg

I can't believe you held off from using it for so long...it really is nice to look at, now I have some off cut carpet in my vape area in my workshop I have only broken 1 bong so I have been looking at some nicer pieces (clear functioning not bling)
I was going to put a link up to a bong @Stevenski recommended but the link in my favorites says the page is no longer available... oh well, still 9 months until my birthday.:thumbsup:

I love $35 DHGate glass and I'm not a rich guy or a big glass collector. DHGate stuff is wonderfully functional (most of it at least) for an extraordinarily good price. But its not even in the same universe as the real Mobius piece
Yes and yes. Sigh... I've always wanted a Mobius piece.... but could never justify the expense. And the old school versions, imo, were the best. Prices have gone sky high on them as well... shit I wish I had gotten one when offered at $200.

I have one piece (the Fishbowl recycler) that is a dream to use. Better than any of my other pieces... and I am so damn scared I'll break it. I got that for a steal as well from @mvapes . And I know he wishes he had never sold it to me lol. It's a fragile piece so I never let anyone else use it. And it doesn't come near my dab area since that's all granite and ceramic tile.

DHGate is definitely the way to go if you are looking for inexpensive knock offs. But.. to have the real deal with some of the more expensive pieces is like the difference between driving a Rolls and a VW. :twocents:

Yeah... I have an itch to buy a piece right now. Not in the heavy hitter range... but still.. I need another piece of glass like I need another hole in the head.

but could never justify the expense.

haha...yep, it ain't easy to rationalize this.....but I managed! haha

I have one piece (the Fishbowl recycler) that is a dream to use.

Looked around but not sure what this is....is this Mobius glass? Pics pretty please?

I need another piece of glass like I need another hole in the head.

Problem with this is people like us could probably benefit from another hole in our heads! LOL So, get the piece! haha

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back