Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

Do you use fresh or bottled lemon juice?
I use 2 drops of bottled lemon juice and it does get cloudy towards the end of the day but there is no yellow buildup on their internals of the glass
Edit; Picture of todays bong with 12 hours use and 2x drops of bottled lemon juice;
IMG_20180828_231814.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using cranberry extract. No.. I haven't tried lemon juice but after reading about it the last couple days here I'm willing to give it a try.

I change out my water daily... but again I wouldn't mind trying the lemon juice. It would be cheaper and hopefully the water would stay clearer. I find that the cranberyy extract water clouds quickly and looks sort of gross. I've been know to change out the water a couple times during the day because of it.

Do you use fresh or bottled lemon juice?

A ton of the glass being sold as 'American' is actually from China... so often there is no difference.

In talking with @mvapes (Scratched Glass Works), I've been told that it's obvious to him when it's cheaper glass from China. He can tell when he's scratching it. And I was told there is often lead in the glass; which is not the case with American Glass (like the SOL piece @LesPlenty pictured).

This is not to say you can't get 'good' glass from DHGate. But some of what's on there is janke as fuck. Go with a well reviewed and well known blower if you do buy there.

I've purchased several of these Mobius knockoffs now. I've gotten a few that were wonky, but most of them were good little bubblers. Sticking with Stevenlmz79 for these is the ticket imo.
I also reckon that going with a good reputable seller is the way to ensure a good piece of knockoff
Steven is the one I use most too
I would have thought the concern of lead in the glass would only be in the colour ones?
I thought the clear ones would be okay

I use fresh lemon juice
The water gets a bit cloudy but not too bad
The glass does cloud after a few good sesh but not for a good while compared to nothing and not as bad, which I found was cloudy straight away after cleaning with just water
If you change your water regular as you say then I reckon LJ will do for you
I have never tried CE or rezblock to compare, but that is because I am happy with the results of LJ and I clean regular anyway....Its more to keep it looking nice than anything
I still like to either dishwasher or iso/salt regular tho
The LJ just makes it quicker and easier to clean and less often a big job
The other may work better if I could compare but I have been happy with results and it is cheap or free as I use fresh lemons from the tree

I would have thought the concern of lead in the glass would only be in the colour ones?
I thought the clear ones would be okay
The piece he was referencing, when he made that comment, was a clear Mobius knockoff from Stevenlmz79.... one of the og knock offs he made.

I still like to either dishwasher
So you actually stick your bubbler in the dishwasher? :thinker: I just stick mine in a 5 gal. bucket of Simple Green that I keep in the cupboard. Sometimes just for a few hours, and if really dirty, I'll do it overnight. I'd be afraid of my bub breaking in the dishwasher...

Since I've used Rezblock and cranberry juice, I'll give lemon juice a try and give my comparison.... how much do you put into the water? Just a few drops I would imagine?

I
The piece he was referencing, when he made that comment, was a clear Mobius knockoff from Stevenlmz79.... one of the og knock offs he made.

So you actually stick your bubbler in the dishwasher? :thinker: I just stick mine in a 5 gal. bucket of Simple Green that I keep in the cupboard. Sometimes just for a few hours, and if really dirty, I'll do it overnight. I'd be afraid of my bub breaking in the dishwasher...

Since I've used Rezblock and cranberry juice, I'll give lemon juice a try and give my comparison.... how much do you put into the water? Just a few drops I would imagine?
have used the dishwasher once for water pipe
was fine

Most of the time I put a little bit of iso and rock salt in, shake, rinse, microwave 2-3 mins, then good to go....

What is simple green?

Interesting about the clear glass and lead, might need to look into tht, not sure

Yes I only use a few drops....it wont hurt if you use more I am sure.... the more the better it works I think, but not a lot is needed

This was fresh out of the dishwasher earlier today after having lemon juice in it the day before, no extra cleaning required;
IMG_20180829_131556.jpg

I love being able to dismantle and have a thorough clean so easily every night.
Today I did not use lemon juice and will show pictures of the difference later.

Here is the same bong the next night without lemon juice,
IMG_20180830_002400.jpg

Looks a little bit dirty with yellow build up.
Now after the dishwasher;
IMG_20180830_151017.jpg

The main body of the bong and the down stem needed further cleaning with a bottle brush.
My verdict is that lemon juice works to help keep your glass clean.
My advice is to use 1 or 2 drops only as any more can be smelled in the bong.
Thanks for the tip @felvapes :thumbsup:
Oh ,my 18mm keck clips showed up yesterday, gee they make things easier don`t they?

Cool, nice results, and no worries, only sharing my experience
I use 2 - 5 drops, but yes I agree, too much and you can smell it

BTW,
My new glass turned up that I ordered from dhgate, the small piece you were looking at @LesPlenty

It is great
Got here super quick and is decent quality
ever so slightly smaller than the sidecar, but not much
Really nice action and low restriction on pull, makes for a nice easy vape
Light in the hand but not flimsy glass

It has become my favourite for all my vapes, except as you say the plenty - the matrix sidecar are a hand in hand match....

The lower draw restriction on this is really nice and my other vapes love it

Very happy, cheers for the heads up
Will post pics later

Now to try and hold off the next glass purchase whilst I look at some other needs

Update on my research about china glass and lead too
I read a lot of links about the topic and there was some talk of it in clear glass but the same person didnt test glass properly and was testing the painted label on the front not the glass

It is true that lead used to be used in glass everywhere - usually high end and crystal glass or decanters for alcohol
This is because it gives the glass or crystal that extra clear shiny look and makes the glass easier to work with
However - it is usually only on high end and crystal glass due to it costing more to make using lead in the glass itself

So I think our clear dhgates are okay, painted ones not so much - but some of the USA glass had same issues with label paint also as it helps to stick to glass - as it is on the outside it is not consumed - although could maybe get on hanfds

Lead in glass and crystal can leech into alcohol if left to soak for more than 20 or so minutes to hours
this was something that always happened in old rich peoples crystal

Glass these days is meant to not have lead in it alhtough tests have proven that most of our drinking glasses have lead in them and would be more likely to poison us than our bongs

I also do not think my bongs have lead as they are not shiny crystal
they are clear and shine clean but not like a crystal
Also as chinese companies are trying to save money I would think that they wouldn't use lead if it costs more to use
Unless it was to make it easier to shape the percs....

It is more common to find it in drinking glasses

Also as our bongs have water the lead should not leech out
It leaks out in alcohol
Also we do not drink the water we vape through it, plus we change the water so often it should be okay

It is true acid helps leeching happen quicker - re LJ - but again it is so little we put in, and the time between change
and we do not drink it

Most of the research I found went along with the above findnings....although everyone needs to make their own assumptions

I think on clear glass - no paint or colour and in future no labels on outside to look like the original, I am happy with dhgate glass esp from one of the 5 or so top known sellers on here and FC etc

I hope that all makes sense - my hash/weed sandwich in the plenty is kicking in - i am rising to 11 now...hahaa

Excuse the typos...I am struggling here tonight....

Also got a Dynavap care pack which had an old OG silicine MP
I cut it and used as an big grommet/o-ring and now my omni XL Ti fits in a 14mm adapter and I can bong my VC again yay...
Actually a lot less draw resistance than the old Ddave too... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this was something that always happened in old rich peoples crystal
That is why I get the butler to pour my scotch into the decanter just before he brings it to me!
Is your new bubbler the D020-d? I can`t remember which one, I just ordered this a day or 2 ago?;
sheldon-black-glass-bong-six-shooter-bubbler-smoking-water-pipe-with-removable-mouth-piece-bent-neck-arm-tree-downstem.jpg

I hope the one I get is a bit straighter than this one, from Sunshinestore. I have now found this one that I might just have to get too;
15-inch-glass-bubbler-bongs-6-tree-arm-perc-glass-smoking-water-pipe-percolator-hookah-shisha-heady-glass-bong-pipe-divided-style-hot-sale.jpg

Haven`t heard of the seller...HF Glasspipe, looks a bit better than the top one.....it is in the Favorite list.

That is why I get the butler to pour my scotch into the decanter just before he brings it to me!
Is your new bubbler the D020-d? I can`t remember which one, I just ordered this a day or 2 ago?;
sheldon-black-glass-bong-six-shooter-bubbler-smoking-water-pipe-with-removable-mouth-piece-bent-neck-arm-tree-downstem.jpg

I hope the one I get is a bit straighter than this one, from Sunshinestore. I have now found this one that I might just have to get too;
15-inch-glass-bubbler-bongs-6-tree-arm-perc-glass-smoking-water-pipe-percolator-hookah-shisha-heady-glass-bong-pipe-divided-style-hot-sale.jpg

Haven`t heard of the seller...HF Glasspipe, looks a bit better than the top one.....it is in the Favorite list.
I have been looking at ones with that style perc
Nice
Let me know the results

And this is the one you showed me and I just received
https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...ng-glass-smoking/199386677.html#mfavit-7-null
Will post pics later or tomorrow when less buzzed...lol
I think it was a d020-d knockoff lol

My butler is a real lazy back chatting prick....I be lucky if he decants my scotch at all.....

Here is the new piece next to the Mobius knock off
Only tiny bit smaller
Almost same if thicker bottom
Tiny bit smaller diameter too
20180831_032615.jpg

Pic of bent mouthpiece and og vc mp cut as oring @LesPlenty
Nice to see as vaping

20180831_032706.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, Lemon Juice is good for the stubborn stuff I find. Have tried Baking soda and vinegar for the violent reaction and cleaning ELBS. Orange citrus dishsoap for the outside of my glass.
A ton of the glass being sold as 'American' is actually from China... so often there is no difference.

In talking with @mvapes (Scratched Glass Works), I've been told that it's obvious to him when it's cheaper glass from China. He can tell when he's scratching it. And I was told there is often lead in the glass; which is not the case with American Glass (like the SOL piece @LesPlenty pictured).

This is not to say you can't get 'good' glass from DHGate. But some of what's on there is janke as fuck. Go with a well reviewed and well known blower if you do buy there.
Isn't there some sort of vegetable oil test for glass that doesn't involve scratching?
I've purchased several of these Mobius knockoffs now. I've gotten a few that were wonky, but most of them were good little bubblers. Sticking with Stevenlmz79 for these is the ticket imo.

There are a lot of 'standard' models as well. I'm convinced my 2018 Do20 is perhaps the Mobius clone without label and perhaps less slits?

Slow boat from china.....
Well since I'm mostly dryvaping with the EVO, decided to go with scientific glass. :science: Getting a thick Buchner Flask to replace the one I broke a while back. Guess I did miss that odd setup after all. :dog:

Cheaper than a beaker bong of the same volume, I presume. And this one will have a standard ground socket. The First one I bought in a hippy head shop, then researched as to what it was. This time out, I'll have a standard adapter for whatever downstem to use with that setup. The side arm/vacuum hose end will be fitted with some strip of silicone hose to adapt the glass MP.
The flask I'd pick out is clear with no stencil on it. Will be real easy to clean with ISO or boiling water. No PBW needed for tight corners, odd contours ans slits.:chill:

My old setup. :rip: 3rd pic with the red hose is how I bought it.
lIkYiw9l.jpg
EcSRHF0l.jpg
IYX6BRml.jpg

Here is the new piece
That one has a nice decent bend in the neck, mine is almost straight, did you ask for the good bend or did it just show up like that?
Cheaper than a beaker bong of the same volume, I presume.
It looks it, big fan of silicon then, I would much prefer GonG, but to each his own, as long as you like it and it gets the job done.:thumbsup:

It looks it, big fan of silicon then, I would much prefer GonG, but to each his own, as long as you like it and it gets the job done.:thumbsup:
Just enough to attach A to B.

The 3rd pic aboveis the same flask, but without the mods and attachments to give it a MP/socket end. A Buchner Flask is designed to have a vacuum hose attached to it for extraction. So is it the bend in the 'arm' what you were mentioning. @LesPlenty ?
Here is the one I'm waiting on. No rubber stopper this time out. Have a 19/22 adapter for the downstem to fit that 24/29 socket. So it will be that much more Gong.
s-l1600.jpg

So is it the bend in the
I was talking about the bend in @felvapes new D020-d knock off of a knock-off mouthpiece pipe.
Can you post us a piccie with all the parts laid out when you get it?
Too bad the unit you are getting does not have a 14/18mm joint where your tubing has to go, I like the modular set up, nice and easy to separate and chuck in the dishwasher.:thumbsup:

Too bad the unit you are getting does not have a 14/18mm joint where your tubing has to go, I like the modular set up, nice and easy to separate and chuck in the dishwasher.:thumbsup:
I did go on a hunt for any flask with a joint of any kind. All of the options were round. Maybe I can fix the broken one with a local glass blower?

It will be a while before the parts to arrive. But before I get it dirty, I'll post a piccie for y'all.

That one has a nice decent bend in the neck, mine is almost straight, did you ask for the good bend or did it just show up like that?

I asked for "one with a good bend in it" as you had said you spoke to them and they told you to say so in notes
So I did so and got one with a nice bend...lol

I also prefer gong as much as poss and silicone as little as poss in my setups....
Taste, less sticking to tube and more vape in lungs, easier clean....
I do look for med grade silicone when needed for joints etc though

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back