Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapes no longer in production
I said - if I buy something from a shop they are by law required to honour warranty
Maybe the laws are different in merica?
I know I get a 12-month warranty from my Oz eBay seller for the last VVPS I got for AU$15, the same item in the US gets a 90 day warranty...if you are lucky!

Edit. bad smelling!

Last edited:
Maybe the laws are different in merica?
I know I get a 12-month warranty from my Oz eBay seller for the last VVPS I got for AU$15, the same item ib the US gets a 90 day warranty...if you are lucky!
Possibly international laws are different

Why I said I go through the factory warranty also

But thread went

- HL sucks unless go through vgoodies

-I said others like Ausvapes honour warranties but no longer stock such unreliable products
So I go through factory

- Vgoodies here to keep them honest

-I said most sellers have to honour a warranty to customer and go through factory themselves ( in shops in person here it's like this)
Unless advertised as "factory only warranty"
But I prefer to use the factory as they have the warranty from get go
Unless buying local as claims are quicker and easier if a good seller

- Vgoodies now doesn't honour warranties out of shop but sells as factory warranty only..... And will sometimes go out of way to help people

Love how people walk in circles

But yea law may be different in other places

More reason to check with a seller prior to purchase or just go with factory

You are correct in PIU reputation, they have shown me this treatment also with Carta coils

Anyway
I'm going to go back to sharing hopper experiences on this thread like it has been from everyone previously and stop buying into the personalised back and forth a and phallic measuring contests or discussing sellers as a whole

DnB electronic or maxvapor are raised as it's directly hopper related
HL are as they are obviously

Just share your experiences and move on with the projections

Stay happy stoners :biggrin:bonghit:chill:

Once again I see I need to step in and break this up.....

@VGOODIEZ has tried to explain how retail transactions are handled in this country (U.S.). He has also explained that he will often go out of his way to try and help his customers; unless they have been unpleasant or pushy. Seems reasonable to me. And is something that PIU also does.. although it is not required of them either. Most retail outfits here give a customer 30 days to exchange or return a defective product. After that it becomes a manufacturer issue. That's retailers from big box stores to small outfits.

He is also trying to be a go between between a company that has had problems in the past with their customers and bad customer service.... and the customers themselves.

On the other hand, @felvapes has had bad customer service and product from a vape manufacturer and a retailer. And the laws for consumer protection are different in his country. So I can understand the frustration of not being dealt with professionally. But it has nothing to do with VGOODIEZ.

There was absolutely no reason to make it personal felvapes..... especially when you have never done business with VGOODIEZ. He is correct in that you have made an awful lot of assumptions in your posts... and thinking that he was 'attacking' you in any way was one of them.

We don't have many rules here... but being nice to one another is a biggie. Any further personal attacks in this thread or anywhere else, by anyone, will get a warning point.

I need disclipaming, I am a naughty little boy!

At least it is not just you, maxvapor seems to be ignoring everyone at this time., sounds familiar, take the money then forget about you...par for the course for anything HL.
Dunno. I get a CS response from Maxvapor within a day or two at most???

FYI for anyone looking to register a new Hopper IO, I received this in an auto-reply from the Hopper Labs Support email: If you are trying to register a Hopper io reply to this message with your account email and the serial number of your new device.

So I ended up agreeing to accept trading in my legacy Hopper lost in the fire for credit toward a new io. This happened in July and there were some hiccups along the way so I've waited to post anything about it until the issues were resolved to see how they turned out.

First, the good. I am quite impressed with the device. The heat is truly instantaneous. The build feels more robust than the legacy Hopper. The heater is proving to be a definite powerhouse. Hitting it through glass is lovely and hitting it natively is acceptable, all things considered. Definitely more fun through water.

I've been putting only one bowl a day through it, FWIW. I'm a lightweight. I've had zero issues with a battery not lasting me long enough. Everything about it is smooth and sleek and I'm enjoying all my usage of it. No part of it gets too hot. I don't have anything negative all to say about the device or its performance or its build.

But there were some problems getting there. First, the mouthpiece that came with the device was stained. I don't really know with / by what, but it could not be cleaned. Second, one of the batteries was simply too big and wouldn't fit in its chamber. Third, the box had no serial number, so I couldn't register it.

I contacted Support and they registered it through their end. They agreed to send me a new mouthpiece and battery.

They shipped the battery loosely along with the mouthpiece, which caused the battery to be torn sometime during shipping by, presumably, the metal mouthpiece. I emailed them again and, in a somewhat dickish way, suggested they not ship the batteries in that manner. They sent me another battery, this time wrapped well, and it arrived without a scrape.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I got what I paid for and am satisifed. More hassle than I would have preferred, but their Support did come through ultimately.

Time will tell on device reliability!

EDIT

FWIW, I never received my replacement dummy battery from Maxvapor so I sent him an email tonight and received a response quickly that he will send me out the necessary new part ASAP. :idon'tknow:

Last edited:
So I ended up agreeing to accept trading in my legacy Hopper lost in the fire for credit toward a new io. This happened in July and there were some hiccups along the way so I've waited to post anything about it until the issues were resolved to see how they turned out.

First, the good. I am quite impressed with the device. The heat is truly instantaneous. The build feels more robust than the legacy Hopper. The heater is proving to be a definite powerhouse. Hitting it through glass is lovely and hitting it natively is acceptable, all things considered. Definitely more fun through water.

I've been putting only one bowl a day through it, FWIW. I'm a lightweight. I've had zero issues with a battery not lasting me long enough. Everything about it is smooth and sleek and I'm enjoying all my usage of it. No part of it gets too hot. I don't have anything negative all to say about the device or its performance or its build.

But there were some problems getting there. First, the mouthpiece that came with the device was stained. I don't really know with / by what, but it could not be cleaned. Second, one of the batteries was simply too big and wouldn't fit in its chamber. Third, the box had no serial number, so I couldn't register it.

I contacted Support and they registered it through their end. They agreed to send me a new mouthpiece and battery.

They shipped the battery loosely along with the mouthpiece, which caused the battery to be torn sometime during shipping by, presumably, the metal mouthpiece. I emailed them again and, in a somewhat dickish way, suggested they not ship the batteries in that manner. They sent me another battery, this time wrapped well, and it arrived without a scrape.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I got what I paid for and am satisifed. More hassle than I would have preferred, but their Support did come through ultimately.

Time will tell on device reliability!

EDIT

FWIW, I never received my replacement dummy battery from Maxvapor so I sent him an email tonight and received a response quickly that he will send me out the necessary new part ASAP. :idon'tknow:
So maxvapor have got parts and can answer emails

What a surprise

I was told no more parts or units
What a lying and crappy company IME

my IO has still been working great but needs batteries that are strong enough
If they don't send new 3rd gen batteries soon I will be a little annoyed
Hopefully they solve the issue
Otherwise going on other reports I may need to send my IO back as it needs power to run smoothly

Everyone I have read about io is that you have to email them and they will register it for you as they did mine, no issue with that otherwise and it's how I got mine done

Am giving HL a chance with this round
They maybe have got it together
We will see

Maxvapor are dogshite IME

Last edited:
Maxvapor will not respond to any emails I send
I sent a polite message asking if there was anyway to get a unit that I helped them develop by helping to fund the project with prepaid order
I mentioned others are getting both replies and parts sent so they must have parts

No reply
Repetitive dislike for this company and disgusting way to treat customers

HL on the other hand have replied in a timely manner (overnight) and apparently the new batteries should be with them in 10 days and then being sent out to us all

Really disappointed with maxvapor and let down I didn't get a unit I helped them fund

Hopeful and happy I may have my new batteries soon and can see if my hopper io reacts as happily or if it needs adjustments

Just checking in to mention that Hopper Labs has issued me a refund for the SS case and official fast charger that I preordered in late 2017. I may have had a bee in my bonnet about this matter at some point(s) in the past. I say so many things - it's difficult to remember them all these days.

Thanks to @VGOODIEZ for facilitating the process. And to Hopper Labs for following through on their promise.

As far as I'm concerned, the matter is now closed.

My Hopper io is still working like a dream. So much goddamn fun. Especially through water. I'm sorta thinking of buying an io backup. :mental:

bonghit

Maxvapor have never responded to any emails at all since
So pissed at them
Shit company and shit CS

HL have sent my four 3rd generation batteries
I have a tracking number as of yesterday and they are on the way
Hoping they make my IO happy and I don't need to return it

Not quite the August we were told in the thread, but I was never as confident as others that it would be the case - no matter who you are we are still dealing with HL and consistent communication with them via email personally is how I get results

Got my refund on cases and chargers a long time ago.
Got my IO at a reasonable price not the $80 off Ripp off
And now have a tracking number for my batteries

A month late is pretty good for HL so I'm actually happy and it's an improvement on the past. They always respond within a day or two via email now too

No faith in HL but happy to be hopeful that they may be turning things around

Let's see how these batteries go and I'm hoping my IO is happy with them so I don't need to send it back

Wish I had the maxvapor AC kit I prepaid for. But looking forward to my new batteries
Keep it up HL

It is great that you will finally have some batteries to give the IO a decent run and report some good things instead of all the doom and gloom that usually goes with HL.:popcorn:

It is great that you will finally have some batteries to give the IO a decent run and report some good things instead of all the doom and gloom that usually goes with HL.:popcorn:
I hope they give it the kick it needs
The io works great, but I have to unscrew and rescrew the end a couple times before it stays turned on, almost as if the draw sensor takes a bit to work

Once I have done that it is a brilliant vape
I hope the new batteries cure this and it just runs smoothly, otherwise it's another warranty claim

There are plenty a vaporizers out there that are throw away vaporizers when they quit working. It’s not an issue if you get 6 months worth out of an $89 vape. If you are spending $200 -300 that’s not getting the job done with your customers. Customer service is the major thing for me. The GH is heavy, feels well made and had lots of people that absolutely loved it. It has issues, not sure it still has? I still use mine occasionally. I don’t know though when it might just quit working, you need something dependable as a vape.
I don’t know if I sent mine in, how soon I would see it again - 3, 6 months a year? Not worth it for me. It would just piss me off, that’s just me. I don’t need the aggravation, My opinion.:BangHead:

If your grasshopper works great Im really happy for you. There are some that are golden out there in the wild. This company does not follow through with their promises unforetunatly. This vaporizer has a lot of promise if they would get it right.

Last edited:
Just an update on the replacement batteries you may be seeking:

As a reminder, here is the policy on battery replacement and the eligible period for the defective batteries where customers were instructed to dispose of them.

Batteries are covered for 2 weeks from when they are shipped out. After that they are not covered for any reason. The only batteries that will be replaced where shipped in Sept, Oct, Nov of 2019 and have BOTH (GHB2 and Made in China on the label). There are over 120k batteries with GHB2 that do not have "Made in china" on the label. These are not covered and do not have any known issues.

Now it's no secret that batteries have been an issue and it was not possible for people to get them but they are available now. Some of them have been sent out automatically but some of you may still be waiting. If you are waiting go ahead and contact them at support@thehopper.io and Trevor will take care of you. If you want to request extra batteries or other items as well it might be good to include that in your initial communication. I think I speak for Hopper when I say thank you all for your patience on this.

Batteries have been available since sep 11 at least (well a bit before but were actually posted on the 11th)
I've been following the tracking across merica to a Chinese postal centre and they should be here hopefully any day now
We are all stoners so repetitive information probably helps us though haha

Let's see if they make my IO hop or if it needs a warranty claim
Then let's see how long to get my IO back if I do have to send in

As I posted earlier though they have much better CS lately and communication times
I have little faith, but some hope HL have turned things around

Here's hoping and happy vaping

The intent was not to alert people of battery availability. It was to let them know that they will need to contact Hopper for replacement batteries should they be eligible. Some were sent out automatically but if you haven't gotten any then follow up with them. I just put the other information in there as people tend not to read back into the thread.

Last edited:
My four ghb3 batteries finally arrived
They were held at customs the bastards, never held the vapes - even used ones before, but my batteries....lol
Maybe Rona as they came through China for some reason

Anyway, the ones that were labelled ghb2 and the rumours that they were 3rd gen but using old wrapping has to be bs
It didn't make sense to me that they would produce a new battery but use old wrapping - somehow I don't think the hold up and wait we all had was due to a shortage of plastic wraps or ink to print a new number on them
I think it would have been further back in the production chain and - the actual batteries we were waiting on

This is what GH had told me and I believe this to be true
It makes sense firstly as opposed to the other explanation
But the performance immediately shows me

The brand new 2nd gen battery they said they had when they sent the IO worked, but not properly
The IO would stop and flash as if it had a flat battery in it
I had to unscrew and rescrew the back end and try again two or three times every bowl before it stayed on and I could have the sesh properly
Showed me how good the IO was when working, but I stopped using it as it was becoming a Pia to go through every bowl or two
The battery would only work for one or two bowls too

The old 2nd gen batteries I had would barely run the IO at all
The new one and my old ones all ran my OG hopper fine though and I have been using it recently instead of the IO

Now the new 3rd gen labelled batteries arrived today and the IO works flawlessly
It is everything it was when it did work on the other batteries and more

Instant on as named
Instant power from the heater
Smooth buttons and threads
More solid feeling and a more quality build/material/feel overall

Almost instant vapour, 2nd draw full milks
Tastes great
A pleasure to use now it just works as it's meant to with no thinking or fiddling
Hops and hits like a hopper hits :smug::smoke::whoa:

I really rate this vape now
If it continues to have a lifespan and the batteries do not die quickly due to the power they must use/drain, it is what the OG always promised to be
With a lifetime warranty, if the batteries hold up and supply doesn't dry up and they keep the CS and communication they currently have going, HL may save themselves

Maybe wait a bit longer if you are still suss on the rep and see how ours all hold up
But I'm almost ready to recommend people buy a hopper now
I have never done that before, I've told people I love my hopper when it works, but I can't in good faith tell people to buy one especially as a first or only vape

I am not there yet - but am almost ready to have the IO in my recommendation list
Esp with a lifetime warranty
Just need to ensure the longevity of these new units and batteries, but they appear the goods and it works brilliantly on a bong

Only regret - I wish I had not been as tight with them because of all the previous drama and waiting, and wish I had order the Ti with extra 5watts of power
The SS pumps beautiful, but being such a hit/cloud hog that I am, that tinsy bit more might be that, well, little bit more

So new batteries definitely an upgraded technology and run the IO properly
I will keep the four 3rd gen for the IO and use the 2 good 2nd gen and 2 dying 2nd gen in the OG till they die fully

I don't see myself using the OG much now though
Maybe I'll take it on house visits, I leave my hopper home in case I lose it normally

Long post, stoned from IO and new battery testing
Happy vaper here
So far loving the new batts and the IO a lot

We need a TM/IO (Ti) comparison now
The hopper is easier to use and clean by the looks and smaller with a better build quality atm
The TM is loved and another hard hitter on the bong according to owners
Both instant on hard hitting cloud making quick extractors

I think a side by side would be worthy

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back