Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapes no longer in production
Still loving my Hopper IO SS
Never had an issue like the previous model
Still tastes and hits great with full and even extraction
Still wish I got the Ti model

The new batteries are still running fine... Only use 2 of the 4 I have
The other two are in the draw for when these die .... Lasting longer then the old batteries too - definitely an upgrade and new version of the batteries not just new wraps

Reliability seems to so far be much better
They may make a comeback as a company....

Bong beast

Actually happy I stuck it out with this lot
They had a shit start as did a number of companies/vape producers
But they might have pulled themselves out of it unlike the others
Great unit with a lifetime guarantee (who else does that as a company?) is pretty impressive now that it works

Just thought I'd update ppl on the longevity of the IO units

Last edited:
I had a nice looking stand from @Timberhead for my G43s. I haven't been using the G43s so this stand had been in the back of my vape closet. Dying to figure out how to repurpose because he did such a great job. One thing I can use it for is a grasshopper stand!

20210131_150910[1].jpg
20210131_150404[1].jpg
20210131_150327[1].jpg

I wanted to leave the "laugh" reaction, but did not want you to think that I felt I/O warranty
request was funny.
Some users get replacements fast ... I will keep my fingers crossed for a rapid turn-around on this for you.

Mine I/O broke. I hit the button it flashes on then off. It got used a whole lot so it will be missed.

I contacted CS. They have set up a warranty claim.

They said for me to send in my old body and they will give me a new one.

What should I ask for? Brad Pit? The Rock?
How long did you have yours?
SS or Ti?

Hoping mine stays running fine

i Don’t want a vaporizer that I have to worry about. When I turn it on I don’t want to wonder if it’s going to turn on. The sending it in and wondering when you will see it again is a problem for me. The price is too expensive. I realize it does have some sort of a guarantee but not good enough. A vaporizer like this you can’t follow through with a lifetime guarantee and still stay in business, we found out. I’m jaded.

My IO is still kicking strong
Has been the only vape used besides my halo sic for the last couple of month or two
Bong beast
I've had it since the beginning of June 2020 so almost 12 months of flawless use

Hopefully it keeps on keeping on

One can read a lot of hate about the GH and Hopper Labs, often warranted, so I thought I'd mention another positive experience.

The OG GH I got back from warranty long enough ago that I can't remember when, after sitting at Hopper Labs for over a year, is still going strong. It works so well that I keep my io safe and sound in its box. I figure... why not keep using it? When it dies, which of course it will, just trade it in for the $80 credit. Not the best deal in the world, but I've come to realize that for my flower portable needs, there is nothing on the current market more suitable. I hate waiting, and I hate stirring, and I hate conduction, and I hate residual odor, and I'm not going to leave the house with a portable vape made out of wood. I carry around my GH loosely and no one has ever noticed it.

I think the io certainly works better, especially on battery life, but for a lightweight like me, that's not really much of an issue.

Despite the headaches, possibly heartaches, and hiccups, I would never want to buy a different portable flower vape. It's a weird love/hate thing going on, as their customer service can be frustrating, but I'd be pissed the fuck off if they ever went belly up.

This vape sure as shit ain't perfect, nor is the company, but I hope they can stick it out because, as a lightweight, there is no other flower portable on the market I would spend money on, unless I had to do so. :nod:

More positive feedback..... sometimes I feel guilty posting my miraculous time with all Hopper products.
I have never had any issue.
My OG Grasshopper from 2017 still works flawlessly, so I rarely use my IO ( also flawless).
When I got the IO this year, it worked even better than my OG Grasshopper.
Faster....
Better flavor...
But I missed the red/blue light aspect, for the visual "across the room" battery charge check!
True... the IO is almost instant, while the OG Grasshopper takes about 1.5 seconds to be ready, but I have been only using the IO once a week to keep it ready, and keep the battery conditioned, because i have never had a bad session with the OG Grasshopper.
It's a weird love/hate thing going on, as their customer service can be frustrating, but I'd be pissed the fuck off if they ever went belly up.
I understand and relate to this 100% from the failed "winners" (like the Herbalizer) that I favored.
I feel so blessed, because I have read all posts on most forums that discuss the Grasshopper... and I am fully aware that I got me a winner on my first Grasshopper.
All smiles and no bitching here!

Last edited:
Still wish I got the Ti model
May I ask why, please? My understanding is that both work identically and that the Ti just reduces weight. Full disclosure, my OG GH is Ti also....just went for it but still not sure it was worth the extra $$.

And yes, Mike at Delta 3D Studios makes some very handy accessories incl the GH funnel which works great.

Cheers

May I ask why, please? My understanding is that both work identically and that the Ti just reduces weight. Full disclosure, my OG GH is Ti also....just went for it but still not sure it was worth the extra $$.

And yes, Mike at Delta 3D Studios makes some very handy accessories incl the GH funnel which works great.

Cheers
My OG that I still have is Ti
But as you say I don't believe there was really a lot of difference in the OG models

The IO SS is 65w
The Ti IO is 70w

While I think it is a minimal difference, that tiny bit might just make my IO a tiny bit better....
I run my IO on 5 through a bong
An extra 5w wouldn't hurt though and could possibly make it that little bit more

I run my OG on about 4.2 and the avb is a bit darker brown than the IO, any more and it will start to be too hot or even combust
The OG TI I sent back and ended up swapping for the IO ran on 4.8/5 but never worked as well as the one I still have (I got it second hand)

The IO is a better, tastier and more uniform experience all round
I just think possibly I could get the avb a bit darker with a 5w kick
I have no complaints with the SS though

Sorry if a bit long-winded....just had a big good night dab of some really clean and tasty rosin, a bit limoncello lol

I don't know what it is about the GH that makes me want more accessories for it, but it's definitely a ... thing. Despite reading about more shipping delays from April 20th sales and color TI units from way back. Yeesh. :frown:

Anyhow, I recently purchased some more Delta 3D items. One was the GH case, which fits the Hopper with the regular mouthpiece fully and snuggly. I bought the spiral stand, which is a bit more of a secure fit than the pyramid stand, which I transferred to my two-or-more overnights bag. An extra 2-1 mini funnel to keep in the same bag. Plus, some extra Doob Tubes and battery caps because why not? Every item worked out perfectly.

My bag is now a 10" Duffel Dime Bag for carrying everything around, including a water piece and XTAR charger and mini power bank, for anything involving two nights or more. A bit much, but whatever. One night only and it's the leather case.

If HL ever actually release the fast charger and SS case ... I'll be in trouble. :mental:

Well this thread doesn't see much traction anymore.

Anyway, I recently got my lady friend into vaping instead of smoking. It was a bit of a slow process.

But when I decided to act like a dick one night and tell her that kissing her after she smoked a cigarette was like kissing an overflowing ashtray, she quit. Sometimes the squeaky dick gets the grease.

Next stop was cannabis. Started her off with logs. And after attempting to explain about the differences between conduction and convection and voltage output and screen placement and intensity of inhalation well ... she wanted nothing to do with them. Other than to touch them.

So now she's all about the GH. She says it's just "easier." She uses it about 7-8 x more than I do on any given day through an old school SSFG gridded inline with two ash catchers so essentially a triple filter. And she milks that shit.

One chamber of a GH will often last me two days. Meanwhile, she's burning through batteries like it's the end of the world. Which maybe it is. Probably a subject for a different thread.

But my OG GH is still taking it in stride. My io still is safely kept tucked away, waiting for the OG to fail. At which point I will trade it in for an io.

Other than an FF3 that requires no stirring and won't singe your flower, I'm simply not interested in any other portable. :idon'tknow:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back