Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapes no longer in production
I do hope you manage to get some new batteries before too long @felvapes, I might even consider an IO in a few months if it all pans out with them.
Should be in August. Current batteries being sparingly issued are GHB3 batteries in GHB2 wraps. New batch in August will say GHB3 on them.

Last edited:
I cannot bring myself to buy a Hopper, still no batteries and the way they have fucked around so many people for so long then offer them $70 to trade their OG in on an IO rather than fix under their 'Lifetime Warranty' especially the people that lost their OG in the fire.:twocents:

I cannot bring myself to buy a Hopper, still no batteries and the way they have fucked around so many people for so long then offer them $70 to trade their OG in on an IO rather than fix under their 'Lifetime Warranty' especially the people that lost their OG in the fire.:twocents:
Yea I debated with them till I got the price down to $120 I think for io as a replacement
Still think I should have just got it free
They would have given me a new og hopper if I wanted as warranty from the fire but I got them down to $120 and tried the io

It is a beast and I like I like it
But I am waiting on gen 3 batteries still
I find the 2nd gen batteries do struggle a little

If they fix this battery supply it might be worth buying one
Until that is a surety I would be wary

Although it is a beast of a vape, esp on water
Power supply is the issue

Still waiting on my maxvapor AC adaptor for the OG bodies I have

But I am waiting on gen 3 batteries still
I find the 2nd gen batteries do struggle a little
Fairly certain @VGOODIEZ has mentioned elsewhere that the Gen2 batteries shipped with the IO are Gen3 with a Gen2 wrap. If you received a beta IO in March, then you got an actual Gen2 battery as the Gen3 didn't arrive until late April/May.

They still owe me one of their elusive stainless steel carrying cases from 2016
Gee some people are impatient...it has only been 4 years, sounds like a mormaltime frame for HL. :rofl:
But seriously, that is some shit CS but I am not surprosed, send @VGOODIEZ a PM as he seems to be the only person worth dealing with when it comes to HL.:twocents:

They still owe me one of their elusive stainless steel carrying cases from 2016 !!!!!!!! Anybody out there have one ?
No one got one
Like the fast charger

That was just a bad business fundraising campaign
I got a refund on those two items a long time ago

I work with HL directly as they have the warranty
They honour it all - you just have to be pushy at times otherwise they will take your kindness for weakness

If you are firm and consistent but civil they have always fixed me up well
The time frames are shit though and you have to not give up

Ausvapes honour all sales no issues, they don't carry hoppers anymore though probably from all the returns in the beginning

IO is still going fine so far

Batteries are what will make or break them atm
HL told me ages ago that new batteries are due end of July into August and I could wait for my IO till then or get one 2nd gen and my IO now and the 3rd gen later - I got mine in may not beta

Have read all the old wrapper/new batteries stuff elsewhere also
HL never confirmed that with me though but said 2nd gen now 3rd gen soon

Let's hope the 3rd gen come next month as promised and they are better quality than the current ones

If anyone has cases and chargers on hold still I would personally recommend requesting a refund

So not impressed with maxvapor

I paid end of last year I think as a pre-order deposit
Then a few months ago I paid the remainder as they were ready

They sent emails saying it will be posted over a month ago

Then have ignored all my emails until yesterday

Now they suddenly say there is not enough units for me and that they will give me a refund

They only gave me the second payment as a refund not my deposit and said I can't have an adaptor as I ordered too late and out of stock

I was one of the first pre paid orders

Extremely disappointed with the CS and communication
Extremely disappointed with the service and now I have not received an AC adaptor

It seems max vapor are trying to work with the HL reputation and think they can just be shit as customers must be used to such behaviour with the hopper products

Not at all impressed with this company at all

I get quite a few emails from GH to entice me into buying a new unit. I’m surprised the company is still in business. The company seems to promise what they can’t deliver. I’ve had 2 grasshoppers first one I lost. Second one works well enough but not as good as I would like. I’m afraid to send it in for any kind of service. They may have my unit for a year or more. The only thing I can go by is their past behavior.

So not impressed with maxvapor
At least it is not just you, maxvapor seems to be ignoring everyone at this time., sounds familiar, take the money then forget about you...par for the course for anything HL.

At least it is not just you, maxvapor seems to be ignoring everyone at this time., sounds familiar, take the money then forget about you...par for the course for anything HL.
Except maxvapor is not HL

They are their own company

And worse than HL in CS

Disgusting behaviour
And only a partial refund
Yet others got their unit ages ago

This isn't HL, this is Maxvapor taking advantage of people who have been fucked over by HL in the past

HL always reply within a 5 day period and have always fixed me up despite all the BS in how they run their company

I have no love for HL, but they do honour shit eventually (except for the charger and case fiasco - but will refund you immediately if requested) and they communicate in a timely manner in recent 6 months or so

Maxvapor are arseholes in this instance
IMO

I know it is not HL, I am just saying they are offering similar service, I should have said, 'anything HL related' seems fucked...except @VGOODIEZ that is (brave man reselling HL stuff) !

I know it is not HL, I am just saying they are offering similar service, I should have said, 'anything HL related' seems fucked...except @VGOODIEZ that is (brave man reselling HL stuff) !
HL have the warranty
Whoever you go through have to honour that
Just like Ausvapes

I go through HL directly as I get their warranty
They have good CS since the fire (which I still think possibly was on purpose to move over to the IO)

Maxvapor is not HL related
They are hopper the product related

They are however taking the piss and have treated me worse than HL have tbh

There are some resellers that are better than the manufacturer to work with, Puffitup certainly has the reputation that goes above and beyond any manufacturer, just saying.

The warranty is covered by the manufacturer unless otherwise specified. Not sure what's it's like outside the U.S. but I'm not aware of any law stating the reseller will cover. Now that said we sometimes go out of our way which sometimes means we haggle with the manufacturer to get covered or we eat the loss to the customer. Neither are common for us but both scenarios have occurred.

Hopper is getting much better on responding and resolving issues. I'm here to keep them honest. Give them a shout if you have been waiting on something.

I get quite a few emails from GH to entice me into buying a new unit. I’m surprised the company is still in business. The company seems to promise what they can’t deliver. I’ve had 2 grasshoppers first one I lost. Second one works well enough but not as good as I would like. I’m afraid to send it in for any kind of service. They may have my unit for a year or more. The only thing I can go by is their past behavior.
You should feel confident sending it in. Diagnosis, communication and turn around are all improved and I will hold them accountable to closure. That said it could be your batteries. Fixed a lot of "broken" hoppers in the past so start there.

I don't think this is the case. These are pretty good guys. I read a comment from Max that their emails seem to be getting misrouted so it's not getting to service and therefore customers are experiencing delays. Try emailing them again or even a message in FC. I know they are active there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I buy something from a shop
It is covered by the warranty via that shop, even if they deal with the factory
This is why buying local can be better than direct if an overseas factory
That is why the risk can be on the shop as if they have issues with the factory they are still liable to the customer - unless specifically sold as a factory only warranty - which will come down to how it is advertised in their shop
This is why some sellers no longer sell HL products......

LOL at the excuses of diverted emails.......
I believe HL and other companies have tried this excuse too
Funny....
Also considering such companies ignore your emails until you actually threaten to share your experiences with their company and quote international consumer laws then all of a sudden the next day you get an email ....funny how those emails don't get diverted lol

Good guys.....
Considering the way they treated me
Not so good guys
Partial refund (not full) after I made them reply to my email and no units left for me ??
As an early prepaid customer
Who could have got a unit sent ages ago but chose to wait for the battery slide?
(I should have got that unit and just bought an eBay battery slide)
I don't want a refund
I want the adaptor unpaid for

Yea na
Not such good guys at all IME

They also during the email diversion excuse were regularly sending me emails asking me to review my order
That they never sent

So whatever
DnB electronic have no love from me

At least HL honour transactions eventually and warranties

I'd send in my old broken hopper if I had one still

You won't get it for ages though

They were not going to get to mine until September
But pushed the IO on people now

Or send it in and haggle to get an IO at a reasonable (should be free) price

But don't hold a broken unit, they will eventually fix you up if you a persistent and honour their warranty

Last edited:
Can't edit above now so back to back posting apologies

They have now made the full refund at least
But will not respond to emails as to why my unit disappeared while waiting for the battery slide and if there is any way I can get a unit

Very little communication at all or explanation

The fact that I got the full refund after emailing again asking why only partial shows that the email service is running fine atm
They just choose not to reply to me and will not communicate at all now let alone before

At least I have my money back after more than 6 months
I would have preferred the adaptor though

Lots of assumptions here.

As for the warranty I'm not going to get into a pissing match on the subject but for example my terms of service specifically state that warranty is handled by the manufacturer. Now I'm not going to leave a customer high and dry but I'm also not going to let a customer try to bully their way into a claim they feel is warranted. I have seen a handful of unreasonable customers expecting full refunds on products they don't like claiming it's defective. The operation/operator is what is defective and I'm not going to eat the cost for something like that.

In the end it also comes down to who's reasonable and professional. If you come in hot making all kinds of demands you are likely to get a delayed response from me (if at all).

Can we keep this a civil GRASSHOPPER thread not another shit fight FFS

And no more passive aggressive attacks

I said - if I buy something from a shop they are by law required to honour warranty - unless specifically advertised as "factory only warranty"
So no need for the flex

Secondly most shops and resellers don't say such, they just say whatever length warranty

Thirdly stick assumptions on how I communicate with companies

If you want my emails shared here to show I am polite and civil and only speak heavy after being abused I can

I also stated that being persistent but civil is the way to do it
In fact I shared ages ago some of my communication I had with HL

Thirdly
My emails with maxvapor were ignored for months - all polite AF just requesting an update on the said tracking number
Then suddenly this happens and a BS excuse about emails is given and then that is proven wrong by responding to the half refund incident

Bully?
Interesting how this and all other GH threads have been pretty mutually unhappy with HL
And I have given them more grace recently

Until now
And we seem to have another personal shit fight with one person overly defending the business side

Let's keep our ego and personal shite to ourselves and stay on topic a little more pragmatic

Bully into a claim???

User error??
Huh

I ordered something that was prepaid and then got ripped
If it's HL everyone hates on them
DB are cool though right?

Love side shit thrown in

Lots of assumptions
Gotta love ppl who need mirrors

Pissing contest????
If you weren't having a flex and pissing contest you would not have felt the need for the last comment

Again - none of this was at you or your business buddy
Honestly
Go get ..... off ya high horse mate

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back