Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
i have a jr and i use it almost every day! it's quick, easy (once you get the technique down) and efficient!

I received the restrictor from SB (very timely delivery, thank you).

I do agree that it definitely makes it hard to impossible to combust. But I'm not at all sure that I will continue to use it as it seemed to tame my Jr a bit more than suits me. I have put in the time to learn my Jr with the torch lighter I use and get great and thick draws from it. The restrictor has definitely made it a bit more mild (which many people may well prefer).

i agree ... i tried the restrictor for a brief time and did not get along with it ... i removed it and have never looked back!

i agree ... i tried the restrictor for a brief time and did not get along with it ... i removed it and have never looked back!
Yep, its sitting in a rolling tray I use to collect various brushes, scoops, bits and bobs.

Good idea for some folks who like it, not so much for others like you and I. But, it does do what its advertised to do, IMO.

Cheers

Doing some organization and thought it'd be interesting to do a side comparison of the Triihouse Daisy with a SBL OG.
20191211_144611.jpg

20191211_144721.jpg
20191211_144755.jpg
20191211_144816.jpg

...Mom if you could remove the redundant pics I'd be much obliged

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have a Jr and have let it languish recently for no good reason.

I don't load it too much....more smaller loads seems to work better. I'm thinking I'm in the .15 g range maybe.

I have settled on one lighter.....its an old Dupont Extend Lighter....I have had it for probably 20 years. When I bought it, it was maybe $49.99. Now they are whopping $150!!

But, settling on one lighter has let me develop my tech. I just know how it works with this one lighter.

I find the Jr great for a couple of big hits. It really delivers. Maybe you can sip on one, but my experience is I get a couple/few good hits and its dead. When I look at the AVB in the bowl and think, "gee, there might be one more in there", I don't. All I do is end up with a mouthful of char vapor.

Its full convection so if you don't char it up by heating too much, its going to look like convection AVB and I have found pushing for that last draw to be counter-productive.

Cheers

1578157735842.png

Quite the interesting mouthpiece on the triihouse! Look forward to the comparison.

My Runt has been the daily for about 9 months now. Can't think of many vapes that can compete with it for speed and power. :headbang:

It actually works really well. I don't know how the mouth pieces compare but maybe someday I'll do a vape off between the two.

The SB has a better finish and comes with accessory package, so it takes thelead so far.

Haven't been using the Daisy so much lately.....which is kind of sad.

Loved Triihouse for the innovation/ brilliant simplicity and its cool to see multiple vape makers carrying the designs forward. The Daisy was my daily driver for years. Only issues I had was the massive consumption of herb because of the huge bowl and how difficult it was to get a really thorough extraction. Not a bad choice if you have fields of green at your finger tips. Great for ABV tho which I used a lot of back then. Super easy to load, hit, stir, hit, hit. hit, stir hit again dump and repeat....

Was never a fan of the smaller Lily. Wasn't as dank.....and too harsh.

I too have a Jr and have let it languish recently for no good reason.

I don't load it too much....more smaller loads seems to work better. I'm thinking I'm in the .15 g range maybe.

I have settled on one lighter.....its an old Dupont Extend Lighter....I have had it for probably 20 years. When I bought it, it was maybe $49.99. Now they are whopping $150!!

But, settling on one lighter has let me develop my tech. I just know how it works with this one lighter.

I find the Jr great for a couple of big hits. It really delivers. Maybe you can sip on one, but my experience is I get a couple/few good hits and its dead. When I look at the AVB in the bowl and think, "gee, there might be one more in there", I don't. All I do is end up with a mouthful of char vapor.

Its full convection so if you don't char it up by heating too much, its going to look like convection AVB and I have found pushing for that last draw to be counter-productive.

Cheers

View attachment 15463

Exactly! Same here I found this vector I can use for my dyna and my sticky and Thats lead to getting to perfect hits! Vape on my friend!

I would but they seem way over priced for what is happing.
You could cobble something very close considerably cheaper?

They do *seem* a little expensive...but you also have to consider that these are made with high quality parts in the USA. I can't comment on alternatives, but my SBJ works incredibly well and hits like no other! The wife and I were using our vapcaps the other night and were well medicated already, when I reached for my sticky brick. After a couple of hits I was then "almost overwhelmingly" medicated, and must have had a strange look on my face, because the wife looked over and said "what's wrong with you?". I then passed her the sticky brick, she had a hit, and she then felt/looked exactly like I did and was like "ohhh". LOL good timez!

This is my experience also. You can definitely sip on it with the right technique, but I usually don't have the patience for that. Fast and hard is how I like to use my brick. I'm about 70/30 on the last hit - sometimes I pass but most of the time I go for it anyway! This has led to a lot of char, but also have gotten a lot of vapor that was right on the edge.

Last edited:
So once you combust in your brick (which seems inevitable, no?), there is no way to get that foul taste out is there? Anyone ever been able to get it to taste fresh again?

...this was typed in between rounds of major clouds from my SBJ. G'damn this thing rips!

With the lengthy heat path of the Daisy (basically the same thing as the SBL OG) It's much harder to combust than you might think and when I have, it's not so severe that it requires a solvent cleaning.......I really can't recall ever actually combusting, though it probably did happen on occasion.

The smaller devices obviously would be much easier to combust with.

Proper flame size is the ticket.

As for the price, they don't really seem to be out of line in comparison with any other boutique type brands. There is obviously a fairly large amount labor that goes into the finish of these products and even if you had a complete woodshop at your disposal and you had the skilz, it'd probably be a long weekend project. I'm definitely not that ambitious.

Last edited:
So once you combust in your brick (which seems inevitable, no?), there is no way to get that foul taste out is there? Anyone ever been able to get it to taste fresh again?

...this was typed in between rounds of major clouds from my SBJ. G'damn this thing rips!
Hey friend,

Everyone has combusted in their bricks, at least once. That's how you learn what technique works and which one doesn't for your style.

As far as removing the foul taste, just clean it as you would normally. It's been a while since I've truly combusted hard, but when I did, the screen gets tossed. Some people torch them clean, but I don't even bother. With the screen out, I scrape all of the loose material that built up in the air path. A wet q-tip in the air path followed up by twisting up a paper towel and running it through the air path gets the majority of the nasty stuff. And after one bowl or so, the flavor is just as good before combustion occurred.

Hope this helps homie. I got a used runt as my first brick, heavy combustion from the previous owner and myself while learning. It is still my favorite vape, still super flavorful. :headbang:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back