Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I hope everyone is safe and enjoying their 420 with their favorite sticky brick! Cheers to all on the forum!

20200420-121519.jpg

For those who swear by this, what devices did you use previously? What made you go over to this?
I got my Runt because I like butane vapes. Idk I have lots of vapes for different things but I find myself using Dynavaps, Solo 2, and The Runt. It's a great device for concentrates, throw in the brillo pad and your rippin hard in a matter of seconds. Really hard. :rofl: My favorite is twaxing a bowl of flower and whatever concentrate i have on hand :biggrin: The OG brick looked huge to me so I tried the Runt to see if I liked them. If you wanna get medicated in a hurry this is the vape. Once you get the torch technique down you'll be in the clouds. Rarely do I combust. My only downsize is the screen gets clogged kinda quick. Doesn't matter the grind, after awhile I get this thick brown reclaim powder that coats the screen. A little Iso and bingo it's gone. They have a flip brick for water that looks sweet . They have a good rep , they are well made, and customizable like crazy, i've seen some really cool and wild shit out there . If your a collector you need to give them a look see. :cool:

I got my Runt because I like butane vapes. Idk I have lots of vapes for different things but I find myself using Dynavaps, Solo 2, and The Runt. It's a great device for concentrates, throw in the brillo pad and your rippin hard in a matter of seconds. Really hard. :rofl: My favorite is twaxing a bowl of flower and whatever concentrate i have on hand :biggrin: The OG brick looked huge to me so I tried the Runt to see if I liked them. If you wanna get medicated in a hurry this is the vape. Once you get the torch technique down you'll be in the clouds. Rarely do I combust. My only downsize is the screen gets clogged kinda quick. Doesn't matter the grind, after awhile I get this thick brown reclaim powder that coats the screen. A little Iso and bingo it's gone. They have a flip brick for water that looks sweet . They have a good rep , they are well made, and customizable like crazy, i've seen some really cool and wild shit out there . If your a collector you need to give them a look see. :cool:

Thanks appreciate the feedback. My herd goes like this: Pax2, Mighty, Crafty+, Dynavap (multiple). I have a Davinci IQ2 getting looked at, and was more impulse buy but reviews positive enough for me to look at another carry and go piece for the week. I briefly tried vaping oils for smoking since friends were into it, but didn't really catch for me. Quit tobacco end of last year and okay with this. Sorry back to the vaping, I had a bunch of 18650 chargers and batteries from the thing and it got me excited.

I have been looking at the Sticky Brick bc it is so unique. The Ditanium and Plenty are also on my list. My significant other doesn't mind this interest of mine, but she does watch me.

I'm going to have to really consider this now @bullleee.

For those who swear by this, what devices did you use previously? What made you go over to this?

I fell in love with my Daisy/ OG at a time when there probably weren't as many torch heated devices to select from.

So, my prior vapes werea Vapor Genie Original (which was perfectly fine) and a Lotus (just OK).

What I like about it is the big, dank, bong-like rips that you can pull thru it. It's basically a dry bong and it's very difficult to combust, even using a medium torch to heat it. It's also very flavorful, mellow and unharsh....so I rarely cough using it.

That said, it's tricky to get a thorough extraction (I like my ABV to be fully spent) and the bowl is huge, so you will need to mix occasionally and there will be the inclination to use more herb.

I've moved on to other devices and rarely use it, but it is still a great vaporizer.

Edited to add: I see that I just restated everything I had said in a previous post....just glad that I was consistent

I have a ton of vapes but my SB Jr occupies a niche that I rather value. It is absolutely terrific for middle of the night, up in pain, crush .1 .-15 g in a couple of draws, situation.

Now, mine began to not vape well. It was drawing, I thought, but not generating as great of vapor as prior. I thought a screen cleaning was enough but I basically deep cleaned the vapor path and its like new again.

I don't use it all the time....EVO is my DD....but it def has a valued place.

So I am sold. My next piece was going to be a Plenty or Ditanium. I've made my mind up yesterday to being OG/Runt/Junior and a Hydro Maxx to take the place of the Plenty or Ditanium. Severe VAS going on with me in this shor time.

OG is just that original with the enormous mouthpiece. Lot of votes seem going at the Runt, and I am seeing Junior with Runt Mouthpiece. I've read someone who took a year with no Sticky Bricks trying to decide, and eventually getting all three.

I'm leaning towards the Runt, but the Junior + Runt MP sounds like a good option as well. Any feedback? Sorry, this has been discussed but hasn't quite swayed me in one direction or the other yet.

So I am sold. My next piece was going to be a Plenty or Ditanium. I've made my mind up yesterday to being OG/Runt/Junior and a Hydro Maxx to take the place of the Plenty or Ditanium. Severe VAS going on with me in this shor time.

OG is just that original with the enormous mouthpiece. Lot of votes seem going at the Runt, and I am seeing Junior with Runt Mouthpiece. I've read someone who took a year with no Sticky Bricks trying to decide, and eventually getting all three.

I'm leaning towards the Runt, but the Junior + Runt MP sounds like a good option as well. Any feedback? Sorry, this has been discussed but hasn't quite swayed me in one direction or the other yet.
Imho for the price of a Ditanium you could purchase the Runt $140 and a wpa $30 and have some scratch $$ left over for more weed. :biggrin: I think they make the Ditanium in Phoenix where I'm from. I've never tried one myself but have two friends that do and they are very happy with theirs. Only gripe I've heard from them is sometimes the herb falls out when loading. Both are good vapes, I think you owe it to yourself to give the Runt a try. I keep it in my rotation. :nod:

@bulllee That was what did for me. Probably would not be significant for me, but my VAS mind steered me at the Sticky Brick, and the Runt seems like the guy for me. I got some glassware from Higher Standards and Grav today. Pretty stoked over.

I would like a Hydro Maxx, but the Flower Pot is now on radar on my list.

@bulllee oops double post.
Imho for the price of a Ditanium you could purchase the Runt $140 and a wpa $30 and have some scratch $$ left over for more weed. :biggrin: I think they make the Ditanium in Phoenix where I'm from. I've never tried one myself but have two friends that do and they are very happy with theirs. Only gripe I've heard from them is sometimes the herb falls out when loading. Both are good vapes, I think you owe it to yourself to give the Runt a try. I keep it in my rotation. :nod:

Runt on order, WPA on order

Thank you

For those with a Flip, the part for the flame and bowl only has one magnet. The connector to the mouthpiece has two. Has anyone found an issue with the one magnet parts to be insufficient? Has anyone tried to modify this to add a second?

The simplicity & the fast heat up you all are talking about makes these type vapes interesting for me.

I have been taken with their simplicity to the point of thinking "hey I can make one & save some money" But then, as happens most times when dreaming... I wake up... getting slapped with reality.
Until I make one myself I have no trouble paying some one for a vape they worked out & made here in the US. Especially after reading how happy those of you who have learned to use it are with it. Guess i've saved my money for to many that didnt work well in the past. Jeff

The simplicity & the fast heat up you all are talking about makes these type vapes interesting for me.

I have been taken with their simplicity to the point of thinking "hey I can make one & save some money" But then, as happens most times when dreaming... I wake up... getting slapped with reality.
Until I make one myself I have no trouble paying some one for a vape they worked out & made here in the US. Especially after reading how happy those of you who have learned to use it are with it. Guess i've saved my money for to many that didnt work well in the past. Jeff
You may figure out something new and have us raving about it. I think trial and error isn’t so bad testing out the Sticky Brick with us.

by far the series is my best vape out of all I have

The folks at PIU have written a thorough user's guide for the Sticky Brick....

Sticky Brick User Guide

The Sticky Brick Labs vaporizers are on demand handcrafted wooden vaporizers designed and built in North Carolina. The Sticky Bricks are butane powered vapes, which use a small cigar style torch to create convection vaporization. They embrace a unique approach to vaping and supply an amazing amount of flavor, combined with robust clouds that will knock your socks off.

In this StickyBrick review I’ll be going over the pros and cons of the vaporizer, as well discussing cleaning tips, techniques for the best clouds, and how the Brick lineup fares versus its competition. Spoiler alert: they're all shop favorites.

stickybrick_user_guide.jpg

Who are Sticky Brick Labs?

Stickybrick was built by Kenny, an amazing wood craftsman who brought his experience in the cabinet industry to our favorite vaporizer industry. His attention to detail is rivaled by no one, and it truly shows in the StickyBricks that leave the wood shop. His staff includes some of the best woodworkers in the industry, and he has passed down his amazing craftsmanship to all of them as well.

They are all handmade in the USA with US blown glass and American made screens. If you want to enjoy an all American vape, you won't be disappointed when you pick up a Sticky Brick for the first time.

the_runt_the_brick.jpg

What is a Stickybrick?

The StickyBricks lineup includes the OG, Junior (jr), Hydrobrick, Hydrobrick Maxx, Flip brick 2019, and the Runt. These vaporizers are an on demand convection style device that provide large clouds in a beautiful platform.

The Brick (Stickybrick OG) is the first in the great line up built by Kenny. The large vapor path provides ample cooling for your vapor, and the long intake makes it extremely friendly to anyone new to this lineup.

The Junior is a portable vaporizer built for a vaporist on the go. It uses a smaller bent flame intake and a small super portable glass mouthpiece. With built in glass protection, you can throw it in a backpack to sesh on the go. Just don't forget your torch at home!

The HydroBrick and HydroBrick Maxx are built for water pieces. You can either use the whip to pair with your favorite rig, or grab a hydratube for an all in one experience. You can get the largest, smoothest rips out of these two vapes with a waterpipe. The HydroBrick Maxx includes a cover for when you want to store it, or bring it to a sesh. (You know, once we can do that again.)

The Flip Brick 2019 pairs with your personal glass piece and has been completely redesigned form the original Flip Brick. It has a longer intake, and a longer vapor path as well. This results in an easier to learn experience that is extremely portable. Pair it with our Scope water pipe and we call this combo the Mini Maxx! This setup is perfect for anyone looking for a super portable ripper.

The Runt is the newest brick to be released. Think of it as a miniature OG brick, combined with the intake from a Junior. This one is my personal favorite, the size makes it extremely ergonomic and it's super easy to learn how to use.

All Sticky Bricks now come with a restrictor disc pre-installed. This is the training wheel for your vapes. Once you get the hang of your vape using the restrictor disc, take it out and experience the real power behind these beasts.

how_to_use_the_torch_sticky_brick.jpg

How to use your StickyBrick

Using the stickybrick lineup has a slight learning curve. These beasts have two modes, training wheel and that full on v8 power you hear about on the forums. Training wheel mode is with the restrictor disc installed, and the v8 is released when you take out the restrictor disc.

You’ll want to test your torch first. I prefer a half inch flame length. If your flame is too long, you risk combustion. With a flame that is too short you may not get any vapor at all.

When packing your Sticky brick, I recommend using a loose pack; you can load small bowls or large bowls. When you are first learning, cover the screen with herb and don’t pack a full bowl.

Ignite the flame on your torch. We recommend single flame torches for the SBL products. Cover the carb hole, leave the top intake hole uncovered. Put the flame into hole in the intake glass and move it in a small circle. Inhale, we recommend a slow inhale and building up to a larger inhale speed. You may hear a whistle, this means that you are inhaling around the speed I usually hit my brick.

flame_size.jpg

Getting the perfect rip

Getting the perfect rip takes a little bit of time. It eventually becomes muscle memory, and you will be able to have dense vapor within seconds of packing a bowl.

Each person will have a different technique. We recommend frequent experimentation to get your best rip ;)

The things you can change are how big of a bowl you pack, how fast you inhale, the flame size, how close you put the flame, and whether or not you want a restrictor disc. When starting off, we definitely recommend a restrictor disc. With a larger flame, you can hold it further from the intake and you can inhale faster. Enjoy experimenting!

We recommend not covering the air intake hole, this is located in the same section of wood as the flame intake glass.

Cleaning_your_Stickybrick.jpg

Cleaning the Sticky Brick

You can clean the glass with isopropyl alcohol. We recommend a quick soak in iso, followed by running a q-tip through, or a paper towel for the larger mouthpieces.

The wood is sensitive to isopropyl, it causes cracking. This is because alcohol takes all of the moisture out of the wood. Instead, try using a minimal amount of water on a qtip. You can also use the included metal scrape tool to scrape out any residue.

After it is clean, grab your brick butter and put a small amount on a spare rag. Spread the brick butter on the outside of your vape. Be careful to only use a small amount, don’t apply too much. Let the butter sit for 10 minutes, and then wipe off any excess wax with a clean part of the rag.

P1100580-768x768.jpg

Troubleshooting

Is your stickybrick torch not working? Try checking out our blog on lighter maintenance. If that doesn’t work, double check that it is properly filled with butane, and that the dial on the bottom is set to a proper flame length. If it is too long, the butane may not ignite. If it is too low, there will be no flame.

If you are combusting, make sure that the restrictor disc is installed, and that your flame is a proper length. I personally like my flame right around a half inch.

If you are not getting any vapor, the flame may be too small. You may have to increase the flame length.

If your glass is broken, or your orings have worn out please check out our site for replacements. We ship them quickly, and they are very easy to install. There is a 30 day warranty on glass =)

From time to time dry air will crack the wood. To prevent this, make sure you are waxing your brick once every couple months. If you live in a dry area, you may have to do this more often.

Pros and cons of the Stickybricks

Pros:

• Huge clouds - The biggest appeal with the Sticky Bricks is their massive cloud potential. The hits rival desktop vaporizers, with thick plumes of fluffy vapor.
  • Amazing flavor - The Sticky Bricks' full convection vaporization provides some of the best flavor we've experienced. The vapor path is wood and glass (and a stainless steel screen) which allows you to taste all the subtle flavor notes in your herbs.
  • Made in USA - Produced in Asheville, North Carolina, the Sticky Bricks are all manufactured in the USA. The glass is all American blown as well. Every Sticky Brick purchase supports local hard working Americans.
  • Plenty of options - Between the OG Brick, the Sticky Brick Junior, the SB Runt, the HydroBrick, the HydroBrick Maxx, and the Flip Brick, there's truly a Sticky Brick out there for everyone.
  • Battery Free - All you need to rip your Sticky Brick is some freshly ground herbs and a torch lighter! There's no chargers or batteries involved, which means you never have to wait to take a hit. There's no heat up time, either - the SB line offers near instant vaporization.
Cons:

• Slight learning curve - There's definitely a learning curve to using the Sticky Brick vapes. You may combust on your first couple of bowls, as it takes a few tries to find the proper amount of heat. Practice makes perfect.
  • May be difficult to use if you have eye problems - Solid hand eye coordination is necessary with the Stickybricks. Lining up the torch with the flame intake if you have limited eye sight or vision troubles. Listen for the whistle to know when you're hitting the right spot.
  • Not good for windy days - It can be tough to use a torch lighter out in the wind. Sticky Bricks tend to work best on clear days, or indoors when the weather isn't cooperating.
  • Glass is breakable - We've all been there. You're in the middle of a sesh, you just dropped a piece of glass, and you watched helplessly as it tumbled to its death. The Bricks all have a few glass parts involved so be sure to purchase spares if you're clumsy.

What makes a great on demand vape?

Flavor - The flavor from the Sticky Bricks is absolutely top notch. The vapor is thick, fluffy, and tastes great. Since it's all convection vapor, the flavor always stays fresh, and there's no crispy "burnt" flavor that conduction vapes can have.

Ease of use - There's definitely a bit of a learning curve to using the Sticky Bricks. However, all the Bricks work the same, so once you learn how to use one you know how to use them all.

Size of rips - Today's forecast, cloudy skies - the Sticky Bricks pump out lung-busting clouds of vapor. Once you dial your technique in, you can tear through a whole bowl in a few intense rips.

Portability - While the larger Bricks like the HydroBrick and the OG tend to work best at home, there's some great portable options, too. The Flip Brick, the SB Junior, and the Runt are all small enough to carry out and about.

Aesthetic variety - There's all sorts of wood species available for the Sticky Bricks. The standard wood species are currently Maple, Cherry, and Walnut, but there are also some exotic options available like Black Limba, Purpleheart, and Zebrawood.

stickybrick_includes.jpg

What's in the box?

• Sticky Brick Vaporizer
  • Glass Heat Intake
  • Glass Mouth Stem
  • Stainless Steel Restrictor Disc
  • Butane Lighter (Unfilled)
  • 5 Replacement Screens
  • Stir / Cleaning Tools
  • Lifetime Warranty, 30 Days For Glass

Final thoughts

If you are looking for a hard hitting on demand vape then a Sticky Brick would be a fantastic choice. The convection flavor is phenomenal, and the cloud size is monstrous. Plus, they're made in the USA, so you're supporting a quality domestic business with every purchase.

There's a wide variety of Bricks available as well as multiple different wood species, so there's bound to be a Brick for everyone. The larger vapes like the OG Brick and the HydroBrick Maxx are great at-home vaporizers, and the Sticky Brick Jr and Runt are both geared for portable use.

This is the perfect vape for someone who needs intense rips at a moment's notice. With all the different options available, it's also a good fit for a connoisseur looking to expand their collection. While there's a little bit of a learning curve involved, once you dial in your technique, you'll be blowing clouds like a champ.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back