Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I have cut n pasted a recent entry/post of mine from Reddit:
Hi folks! Been vaping since 2013 and own 26 vapes(electric portable's mostly, 2 desktops and one butane) so been around the block a time or two. I am a owner of two Apollo II 50 watt SE's made by Ville Johann Savolainen out of Porvoo/Helsinki Finland. Both of which suffered from design/operational defects, both were repaired under warranty and are now riding the pine bench of failed vapes.
As full disclosure, the uber sensitive mods on FC saw to it in a fit of Captain Queeg type behavior to bounce me from the site a couple of months ago. You see criticism, regardless of how valid or how documentable it is, is not welcome on FC. There exists a weird fetish for maker's there, some people seem to have a messianic zeal for the Makers, some odd misplaced notion that "they" as a vape consumer are part of some grand design and project/mission/quest?? They relish defects and issues as an opportunity to be part of the makers "project"! This is silly on its face, as an early adopter and consumer it's my hard-earned $ that allows for these "makers" to indulge their hobby or small bidness. There was even a goof on FC who equated the maker with Nikoli Tesla!! Now folks with no small amount of woodworking and electrical skills are certainly impressive but once in a generation genius? I think not.
There is a fairly cohesive consensus across the forums that the maker is the one and same Ville Johann Savolanien, of Apollo infamy, who is now back for a second bite of the apple. I base this on design elements and numerous e-mails from the Tinymight "maker" to myself. The only reason I can't say with 100% certainty is he won't say one way or the other, when asked directly by others he is obtuse and says "he's heard of the Apollo vapes" but that's it.
Enough back story! I am on my THIRD Tinymight, ya there's your build quality in action. My first unit combusted so badly I thought it had caught on fire! The second unit did the same thing, the most recent unit is knock on wood, operating just fine. I use it @ 6 as the instructions state. This third unit is fine, as far as stem-based units go. I use session mode only, you can pack a half gram bowl, but be prepared to stop mid-session to dump extracted bud closest to the oven in order for the pack to be fully extracted. Smaller bowls don't require this. ABV is not dark, more of a blonde/brown color. You can extract to a dark brown but taste suffers.I do not currently use the in-stem cooling unit in this third unit, I use the dimpled XL8R long stem that I used with my Milanna 2. It provides plenty of cooling without the in-line cu provided with the Tinymight, it fits nice and snug.
Here is a copy of an email I received from the maker:
" I have seen very hot behavior sometimes, as I said I test them
always with a machine that pulls air trough them and chamomile in the
chamber, and just white ash is left and most disappear completely in a
10 second pull. it was a heater coil that was somehow badly formed and
causing much higher temps to be reached. Only thing I can imagine is
this impact somehow then changed that in your unit. Really special as
we have manufactured about 100, and yeah sometimes such a hot unit
comes out and i need to change the heater and put it back again but
this is the first time such was shipped out, and now already twice.
But some good news - your feedback made me think that maybe there
can be times, that someone would want to have a little bit lower temps
generally, and someone hotter. So I put there now a hidden setting
that makes it possible to adjust the temp selector range -2 or +2
steps from the default, so for example when you would set it to 6, the
temperature would be actually same as now at 4. And yesterday also I
found a way to make the heater more solid in production that makes it
now easier to build them without yet any hot ones appearing. But yes,
thanks for the feedback and maybe your role was now to be an
inspiration for development. I will send you a third one today..sorry
for this again!"
The good news: all three vapes reached me in 3 days via DHL., the "maker" has been quick to respond via e-mail, and stood behind the product. Battery life is excellent, heat up time is awesome, literally 4-5 seconds, extraction can be slow or fast, bowl size is adjustable, at least within the constraints of the stem system. Replaceable battery of common usage(18650)Unit is small, fairly portable, with a short stem that is.
The bad news: Wished it had a larger native bowl, (bowl size limited by stem system) fit and finish could be tightened up. Long term, daily driver usage survival is undetermined. My Apollo's were fine out of the box too, but just couldn't hold up under dd type usage.
Overall, despite my two misses(first two vapes)the third is working like a champ! Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread, as some would have you believe? Nope, but a top five portable for now.
10h ago
Cheers for your honest and full review

I am glad I have waited before buying this
It has had me vassing a little, but all the buy it now reviews without pragmatic and detailed input had me cautious

I am still interested in this vape, but will continue to wait and watch people's experience first

Delivery time and CS response time sounds good ATM
Nice to get some real life feedback on issues too though so we the vape community are aware and can make informed decisions

I'll wait for more longevity feedback and see if more units have issues upon arrival or in the future after more use

Still on my radar but willing to wait longer now due to this review

Much appreciated mate for a full and honest feedback without the shiny sales pitch behind it

it's my hard-earned $ that allows for these "makers" to indulge their hobby or small bidness.

Do you have a job? Or just a hobby as well? I'd love to see your comments to be streamlined a bit and less full of you.

There is a fairly cohesive consensus across the forums that the maker is the one and same Ville Johann Savolanien, of Apollo infamy, who is now back for a second bite of the apple.
:horse:

I use session mode only, you can pack a half gram bowl, but be prepared to stop mid-session to dump extracted bud closest to the oven in order for the pack to be fully extracted. Smaller bowls don't require this.

Try going for two smaller loads instead of one big. I think the max a TM can do is .25g, maybe .3g. That is up to ones personal preference, of course, but your example shows that there's a max. It makes little sense to go above that.

Mod note: Being disrespectful to other members wont be allowed here. You've used up your free pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to take this opportunity to remind members of the be nice rule we have in place.

Keep it civil & use the report function if you feel a post violates forum rules.

If you feel this post is directed towards you chances are it is indeed.

Cheers for your honest and full review

I am glad I have waited before buying this
It has had me vassing a little, but all the buy it now reviews without pragmatic and detailed input had me cautious

I am still interested in this vape, but will continue to wait and watch people's experience first

Delivery time and CS response time sounds good ATM
Nice to get some real life feedback on issues too though so we the vape community are aware and can make informed decisions

I'll wait for more longevity feedback and see if more units have issues upon arrival or in the future after more use

Still on my radar but willing to wait longer now due to this review

Much appreciated mate for a full and honest feedback without the shiny sales pitch behind it
Thanks, Felvapes! Sorry about all the back story, but feel it's necessary so as not to be accused of having an axe to grind against this maker. My vape reviews are as honest as I can make them, I leave the cheerleading and high pressure "like me, like me" campaigns to others. My closing statement summed it up, too many folks hyping this vape like it's the best thing since sliced bread, it's simply not. By the same token, it's not crap either. It's too bad that the stem vape category is limited by the stem in regards to the bowl size, (physics, what ya gonna do) it's why I abandoned RBT products, heater's seemed anemic., and you only get a few pulls annnnd it's time to reload again.

Thanks, Felvapes! Sorry about all the back story, but feel it's necessary so as not to be accused of having an axe to grind against this maker. My vape reviews are as honest as I can make them, I leave the cheerleading and high pressure "like me, like me" campaigns to others. My closing statement summed it up, too many folks hyping this vape like it's the best thing since sliced bread, it's simply not. By the same token, it's not crap either. It's too bad that the stem vape category is limited by the stem in regards to the bowl size, (physics, what ya gonna do) it's why I abandoned RBT products, heater's seemed anemic., and you only get a few pulls annnnd it's time to reload again.
If there were dosing caps I'd be okay with this as it would be easy to reload
My edge has smaller loads in the caps but I use them a lot and find it no issue
Without caps I can see a want for a larger bowl
Yes the description that it is a top 5 vape is a glowing report still
Truthful reviews are better though than just hype
Back story helps give context to content and so not an issue for me

I am still watching this one, but gonna wait to see what gremlins arise or don't with age and use

If there were dosing caps I'd be okay with this as it would be easy to reload

Might be coming in the future, until then the Mistvape dosing capsules fit quite nicely.

My closing statement summed it up, too many folks hyping this vape like it's the best thing since sliced bread, it's simply not. By the same token, it's not crap either. It's too bad that the stem vape category is limited by the stem in regards to the bowl size, (physics, what ya gonna do)

When you say „top five”, which devices are in that category? Also (just a heads up): it's math, not physics.

Might be coming in the future, until then the Mistvape dosing capsules fit quite nicely.

When you say „top five”, which devices are in that category? Also (just a heads up): it's math, not physics.
It's actually physics as it involves the science of the cooling unit not just numbers

We would call it maths here not "math" as it is short for mathematics not mathematic....

I thought being nice was part of the warning I see above - is your constant little jabs at all needed in this forum or my inbox?

There is a thread for top 5 vapes if really needed - here isn't a comparison thread but one about the tinymight

Do you have shares in this vape or know the people involved to be so emotionally attached?

Can we please keep this thread a pleasant place to be everyone and stay on topic?
I know I should not even reply to you as it will probably cause a long inbox tirade including more off topic comments in here

Or I could get warnings for being sucked into the dance of muscle flexing

Mistvape caps...has anyone used these before? Are they good to use and what size load do they take?

I know HR had crappy caps at first and then they updated them to ones that work brilliantly

The science of the cooling unit? Ah, okay.

I think this has been posted before, it demonstrates the usage of the capsules in the second half:

Considering that the bowl size is determined by the cooling unit and that affects the physical space - yea I'd say that is physics

Okay cheers for the video
Those caps look the same as the crappy old HR ones
They do seem to be effective in that video though with this vape

Considering that the bowl size is determined by the cooling unit and that affects the physical space - yea I'd say that is physics

Well, basically everything is physics, so I stand corrected.

Those caps look the same as the crappy old HR ones
They do seem to be effective in that video though with this vape

I'm not sure what „HR” stands for, but anyway – they are of okay quality I'd say, will last a while, but probably not a lifetime. I personally don't use them very often, as they tame down the heat quite a bit for me and decrease the TMs ability to extract quickly a tad too much. But they are very convenient esp. for on the go and stretching a session is not always a bad thing. Also good if you are looking for 100% even abv without having to stir.

Well, basically everything is physics, so I stand corrected.

I'm not sure what „HR” stands for, but anyway – they are of okay quality I'd say, will last a while, but probably not a lifetime. I personally don't use them very often, as they tame down the heat quite a bit for me and decrease the TMs ability to extract quickly a tad too much. But they are very convenient esp. for on the go and stretching a session is not always a bad thing. Also good if you are looking for 100% even abv without having to stir.

I want to leave it here as it is off topic - but yea everything is physics - thus the no need for your jab at another member in the first place as it creates unnecessary tension and in this case makes you look the opposite of what you were trying to do

So back to the thread and topic at hand

HR = healthy rips, makers of the F2 and edge etc

Sounds similar to the issue with the cage caps that I'm speaking of from HR
They were wispy and stretched out the sesh with less satisfaction

The new ones are not cage but more solid of a unit and they seems to work a lot better producing clouds
I think the conduction/convection mix may help

It's actually physics as it involves the science of the cooling unit not just numbers

We would call it maths here not "math" as it is short for mathematics not mathematic....

I thought being nice was part of the warning I see above - is your constant little jabs at all needed in this forum or my inbox?

There is a thread for top 5 vapes if really needed - here isn't a comparison thread but one about the tinymight

Do you have shares in this vape or know the people involved to be so emotionally attached?

Can we please keep this thread a pleasant place to be everyone and stay on topic?
I know I should not even reply to you as it will probably cause a long inbox tirade including more off topic comments in here

Or I could get warnings for being sucked into the dance of muscle flexing

Mistvape caps...has anyone used these before? Are they good to use and what size load do they take?

I know HR had crappy caps at first and then they updated them to ones that work brilliantly
That's the ticket Felvapes! I purposely neglected to respond to Siebter for the reasons you have mentioned. The Tinymight is an admirable vape but is it world peace, end of communicable disease and the negation of all evil in the world wrapped up in a small package of aluminum and oak? Of course not. I purposely use hyperbole in this manner because the vape is being hyped so very hard by some here, on FC and Reddit, often by the same people. The mere fact it took THREE units before I got a "stable" one shows the unit is still in its infancy! Did I suggest that the "baby" be drowned in its bath? No, it simply needs fit and finish improvements more careful quality control and attention to details. There have been plenty of posts regarding minor defects and fit n finish issues. My first unit actually flashed over on fire, shooting flames up the draw tube! I was lucky and @ that moment was holding it away from my mouth and face trying to engage the off function. It literally fried a mistvape capsule black(it will not clean up) fried the oven chamber and burned two fairly sizable holes in the screen above the oven heating element. Mind you this was while on setting 6 NOT 10.

I will not crown it the king of all handhelds nor condemn it as if it was some crappy plastic Grenco product either, as usual, the truth lies somewhere between these two extremes. I pointed out the few shortcomings as I saw them, the problems of the stem system exist in ALL vapes using that system, not just the Tinymight. Those who favor session type vapes, like myself, are troubled by this. Those who like the on-demand side of vapes may well come to a different conclusion. I give props to the maker for attempting to satisfy both camps. What happens sometimes when someone tries to appeal to all factions? They often fail to appease everyone.

I will continue to use it and will also continue to use my other handheld and desktop vapes, again since this third unit is a stable functioning piece it shows it can be done! perhaps overtime production defects can drop away. I have no compunction buying from this "maker" and my very act of ordering is a prima facie example of giving a second chance. I have cautioned others about the maker but have never said categorically don't buy one under any circumstance. I have been on a search for the perfect handheld for a long time, is the Tinymight the grail? No, does it advance the industry yes. Incrementally of course.

Last edited:
@felvapes – I prefer the cup screens by Mistvape, though preloading with them will involve several stems and cooling units (so it's not quite the same as using capsules). But they fit perfectly and even allow carrying them around etc. They too will give a very even abv and do not tame the heat at all, plus they don't limit the amount of herbs as capsules do.

My first unit actually flashed over on fire, shooting flames up the draw tube! I was lucky and @ that moment was holding it away from my mouth and face trying to engage the off function. It literally fried a mistvape capsule black(it will not clean up) fried the oven chamber and burned two fairly sizable holes in the screen above the oven heating element. Mind you this was while on setting 6 NOT 10.

Wow, interesting. Wonder what feeds the flame.

Last edited:
Wow at the flames and burning oven!!!!
Weed could flame if combusting

This is a severe safety issue not just a shite working vape that combusts.....
Very interesting

I would still like a form of dosing caps for out and about portability rather than having to carry multiple screens and stems
That's if this vape will work with a cap that is designed to perform well

Last edited:
I have cut n pasted a recent entry/post of mine from Reddit:
Hi folks! Been vaping since 2013 and own 26 vapes(electric portable's mostly, 2 desktops and one butane) so been around the block a time or two. I am a owner of two Apollo II 50 watt SE's made by Ville Johann Savolainen out of Porvoo/Helsinki Finland. Both of which suffered from design/operational defects, both were repaired under warranty and are now riding the pine bench of failed vapes.
As full disclosure, the uber sensitive mods on FC saw to it in a fit of Captain Queeg type behavior to bounce me from the site a couple of months ago. You see criticism, regardless of how valid or how documentable it is, is not welcome on FC. There exists a weird fetish for maker's there, some people seem to have a messianic zeal for the Makers, some odd misplaced notion that "they" as a vape consumer are part of some grand design and project/mission/quest?? They relish defects and issues as an opportunity to be part of the makers "project"! This is silly on its face, as an early adopter and consumer it's my hard-earned $ that allows for these "makers" to indulge their hobby or small bidness. There was even a goof on FC who equated the maker with Nikoli Tesla!! Now folks with no small amount of woodworking and electrical skills are certainly impressive but once in a generation genius? I think not.
There is a fairly cohesive consensus across the forums that the maker is the one and same Ville Johann Savolanien, of Apollo infamy, who is now back for a second bite of the apple. I base this on design elements and numerous e-mails from the Tinymight "maker" to myself. The only reason I can't say with 100% certainty is he won't say one way or the other, when asked directly by others he is obtuse and says "he's heard of the Apollo vapes" but that's it.
Enough back story! I am on my THIRD Tinymight, ya there's your build quality in action. My first unit combusted so badly I thought it had caught on fire! The second unit did the same thing, the most recent unit is knock on wood, operating just fine. I use it @ 6 as the instructions state. This third unit is fine, as far as stem-based units go. I use session mode only, you can pack a half gram bowl, but be prepared to stop mid-session to dump extracted bud closest to the oven in order for the pack to be fully extracted. Smaller bowls don't require this. ABV is not dark, more of a blonde/brown color. You can extract to a dark brown but taste suffers.I do not currently use the in-stem cooling unit in this third unit, I use the dimpled XL8R long stem that I used with my Milanna 2. It provides plenty of cooling without the in-line cu provided with the Tinymight, it fits nice and snug.
Here is a copy of an email I received from the maker:
" I have seen very hot behavior sometimes, as I said I test them
always with a machine that pulls air trough them and chamomile in the
chamber, and just white ash is left and most disappear completely in a
10 second pull. it was a heater coil that was somehow badly formed and
causing much higher temps to be reached. Only thing I can imagine is
this impact somehow then changed that in your unit. Really special as
we have manufactured about 100, and yeah sometimes such a hot unit
comes out and i need to change the heater and put it back again but
this is the first time such was shipped out, and now already twice.
But some good news - your feedback made me think that maybe there
can be times, that someone would want to have a little bit lower temps
generally, and someone hotter. So I put there now a hidden setting
that makes it possible to adjust the temp selector range -2 or +2
steps from the default, so for example when you would set it to 6, the
temperature would be actually same as now at 4. And yesterday also I
found a way to make the heater more solid in production that makes it
now easier to build them without yet any hot ones appearing. But yes,
thanks for the feedback and maybe your role was now to be an
inspiration for development. I will send you a third one today..sorry
for this again!"
The good news: all three vapes reached me in 3 days via DHL., the "maker" has been quick to respond via e-mail, and stood behind the product. Battery life is excellent, heat up time is awesome, literally 4-5 seconds, extraction can be slow or fast, bowl size is adjustable, at least within the constraints of the stem system. Replaceable battery of common usage(18650)Unit is small, fairly portable, with a short stem that is.
The bad news: Wished it had a larger native bowl, (bowl size limited by stem system) fit and finish could be tightened up. Long term, daily driver usage survival is undetermined. My Apollo's were fine out of the box too, but just couldn't hold up under dd type usage.
Overall, despite my two misses(first two vapes)the third is working like a champ! Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread, as some would have you believe? Nope, but a top five portable for now.
10h ago

Great review, very helpful!

I would add that I know of two individuals who have sold their TM's due to complaints about the vapor being too hot and too harsh. Admittedly, every vape isn't for everybody as we all have our own unique tastes and sensitivities.

That said, when we see hype regarding a new vape coming from folks who appear to be relatively new to the forum, one has to wonder about the legitimacy of those members' comments. Accounts created by shills are a reality in forums that allow sales transactions and although many forums have software to effectively block IP's routed through proxy servers, VPN's and newly created IP's are a different story, as I understand it.

Why might makers engage in such behavior? Well, when you consider the mark-ups on vaporizers being often as high as 300% to 500% then I suppose there are any number of basement dwellers who would find the opportunity to engage in shilling for personal gain just too much to resist. I'm not saying that has happened in regard to any specific vaporizer/accessory here on VA or elsewhere, but I am saying that as members of such forums we need to be ever vigilant in pressing the manufacturers for information regarding the design and construction of their products, as well as in regard to their general business practices.

In short, where the manufacturer is seemingly reluctant to present said information, voluntarily or upon request, then we the members who are the true life blood of these forums, need to understand and internalize the age old admonishment of, CAVEAT EMPTOR!

1581205124175.png

Last edited:
Sigh. Here we go again. There are some posters here who don't seem to understand our community rules particularly the be nice rule.

@Siebter & @felvapes the passive aggressive back & forth is unwarranted, unrequired & unbecoming of asylum members. Keep it up & you will be cooling your heels for a while & taking a break.

We get it. Sometimes people clash or they have diametrically opposed views. Particularly when it is personal preference or political. Deal with it. This site is a microcosm of the world. There is an ingnore feature available. If someone is intolerable i suggest you use it.

We encourage all members honest feedback & experiences so that others can form their own opinions. We don't want to filter anything & our rules allow the flexibility to offer such opinions freely. Just follow a couple simple rules that should not impact on sharing your experience & you can do just that.

I was in a good mood for a rainy Sunday morning. Was.

A few words about the speculations on „the maker” and his rumored past: I understand why some have reservations about purchasing a device from someone who might have abandoned a project and his supporters in the past. Honestly, I respect that. But I prefer not to partake in those speculations, because, well... I don't know who he is. Period. The few signs of him being the Apollo maker were not enough to be taken into account when I asked myself whether I want to try the TM. So he's dodging some questions and won't show himself on the forums. Big deal.

And even *if* he is the same person (which again: while I doubt, I simply don't know), he upped his customer service quite a bit, that's for sure. Recently I ordered some spare o rings from him and he included a ton of extras (stems, cooling unit, screens, tubeholder...) because the order was delayed a bit. He always replies promptly, in detail and friendly. And that's what I hear pretty much everywhere. Might be that he turns to Mr. Hyde again this very minute, I can't guarantee that, but I prefer to think that *if* he is the same guy, he definitely learned his lesson. Right on time for me. :-)

And no, the TM is *not* the best device for everyone. Not even for me – if I had to choose, I'd always take my Omni XL over the TM and wouldn't even have to think twice. No device is the best for everyone, just as there's no best wine, cellphone, guitar or sliced bread. But it's fucking great for sure. At least for me.

Tbh outside of both of our first comments I saw and felt no aggression nor baiting from the following comments

I didn't think @Siebter continued to attack anyone and I was only having a conversation with them at that point and felt we had both already moved on immediately after the first comments we both had made
We were discussing sharing info on caps and function - what we are actually here for
Even the rest wasn't with malice from my end and I didn't feel it from the other

"We get it. Sometimes people clash or they have diametrically opposed views. Particularly when it is personal preference or political. Deal with it. This site is a microcosm of the world. There is an ingnore feature available. If someone is intolerable i suggest you use it."

This I don't think is pertinent to this exchange in any way
None of the issue or discussion was about these topics
Originally a comment baiting someone and my response to how I felt we should all communicate - maybe neither were needed or allowed or our place to speak
Not personal disagreement though or political or opposed views

I'll take my spanking and warning and adhere to it
Tis definitely a small part of the world in here and we should all apply that

Hope I'm still around to be a part of the nuthouse after this and we all (myself included) can keep it a decent place to chill

Loving this rain down here near fires and with huge cracks in the ground from drying out
Sooo needed it

Staff here are privy to a lot more than what is just seen in the posts on this forum. We also nip things in the bud before they become a bigger issue.

This I don't think is pertinent to this exchange in any way

I do. Thats all that matters here.

1581217510856.png

@felvapes said...I know HR had crappy caps at first and then they updated them to ones that work brilliantly

I wonder if the new HR (Healthy Rips, I thought everone new that, like S&B?) will fit in the Tiny?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back