Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
No a step back at all, IMO. I have a Digit and was just recently given a Hybrid to use. The hybrid heating just does a somewhat better job of extraction.

Again, if has a Digit, unless the whip feature is extremely desirable, I don't see the need to buy a Hybrid.

On the other hand, I do prefer the extraction of the hybrid better.
Sorry to be a dick at time’s?
Never had a bag?
The PLENTY is pretty fulfilled with flavor!
Luxurious CANNABIS is important for some?
GDP is not bad before a film?
If you can handle?
GSC almost cured?
Dutch treat 2 holdover life as we know it?

Last edited:
I don't quite understand the thinking around 'heating' and 'extraction' and whether the type of heating matters? :sherlock:

Heat is 'heat' is 'heat', whether it comes from the left or right, is blown through, or heated in a pot, hybrid, Temperature is Where it's At!
:buzz:
And, we're talking a 'tsunami' of heat in Any case! :torching:

And what difference does rate of the heat rise matter? :scooter:
Fine with me! :-)

I was hoping with the release of the Hybrid that there would be a heap of the older models for sale but people are hanging onto them...for good reason, it looks like S&B have hit another plastic fantastic home run, hard to believe they ask so much for a piece of plastic junk,
1577010431623.png

1577010452999.png

1577010758437.png

Apparently, S&B know there is a problem and are undertaking a redesign..at least all the aluminium in the device will help people forget how much they paid for them.

I was hoping with the release of the Hybrid that there would be a heap of the older models for sale but people are hanging onto them...for good reason, it looks like S&B have hit another plastic fantastic home run, hard to believe they ask so much for a piece of plastic junk,
View attachment 15323
View attachment 15324

View attachment 15325

Apparently, S&B know there is a problem and are undertaking a redesign..at least all the aluminium in the device will help people forget how much they paid for them.
Same issue with the plenty chambers
Broken tabs anyway
Not melty bits

Broken tabs anyway
That is how my first unit arrived! No melty problems but that tab retainer system sucks, my bamboo skewer fix is still doing the job.

Does the VOLCANO taste as amazing as the PLENTY?
Eh... not IMO. Its a bag vape and so I don't think taste is its strong suit. But for fast, hard, repeatable medication delivery its hard to beat.

Eh... not IMO. Its a bag vape and so I don't think taste is its strong suit. But for fast, hard, repeatable medication delivery its hard to beat.
I most use CANNABIS for the opulence of medication!
The PLENTY is good for MEDICAL need’s as well as RECREATIONAL desire’s.
I was wondering about the VOLCANO?
I guess the flavor got me hooked?

Like MARY POPPIN’S ?

Well fuck me with a debarked stick, I was always under the impression the Volcano was better tasting than all other S&B products...so I may as well do the fish tank air pump mod to my spare Tera to fill S&B bags....hmm, @Baron23, is the taste at least better than the Mighty in your opinion?

I think the plenty and mighty are both good tasting
The mighty gives much more consistent results too

I too thought that the volcano was meant to be the pinnacle of s&b though in flavour and extraction

I think the plenty and mighty are both good tasting

About the only thing we do not agree on, I think my Mighty is sub-par taste-wise for the price bracket it hangs out in.

Im not sure if my taste buds are changing now or my mighty is not working as well
I do tend to think it doesn't taste as good as some other vapes I own
I do think what I like and did originally like most about it is the thick and fluffy clouds
It helps trick the brain you are smoking which is definitely needed when converting
I still really like the vape and think the function with native mp is brilliant, but am starting to feel others taste a bit better now I am more seasoned as a vaper and no longer a smoker
Shhhh @LesPlenty .....lol

Here's a video I watched of Troy and the hybrid issues
After watching this I am a bit concerned about my plenty and it's safety now
Has the same issues with plastic minus the big melts - I have always been concerned about the amount of plastic they use in their vapes but trusted the medical safety tests they have done on a volcano and mighty
It is interesting that the mighty that is medically approved doesn't go above 360 I think it is

This may be due to extra heat offgasses?

Either way I'm worried about the plenty too now as it has the same heating and chamber setup as this hybrid

Aluminium dust ?

Hmmmm

This was talked about a while back with the Plenty on another forum where most do not worry as it is not 'in' the airpath and if it was it would still have to get through the load to get near the user. Any person can always qtip the area after each use if it is worrisome to them, still would be better if they could get rid of the metal on metal friction to be extra safe (or make both pieces 316 S/S).

I no longer advise the back off extra tighten trick anymore for a bit more conduction.

The Hybrid must use a cheaper type or less of the plastic that is on the Plenty, the Hybrids was rubbery from the start, even before they started melting.

This was talked about a while back with the Plenty on another forum where most do not worry as it is not 'in' the airpath and if it was it would still have to get through the load to get near the user. Any person can always qtip the area after each use if it is worrisome to them, still would be better if they could get rid of the metal on metal friction to be extra safe (or make both pieces 316 S/S).

I no longer advise the back off extra tighten trick anymore for a bit more conduction.

The Hybrid must use a cheaper type or less of the plastic that is on the Plenty, the Hybrids was rubbery from the start, even before they started melting.
The dust may not get through
But if there is any possibility of aluminium concerns if it's powdery it can heat easier and gas

I've burnt aluminium foil before, it does put of a gas or smoke

The plastic is still an issue in the same places, even if it's not as flexible

I was concerned at the start about plastic in them, but went with general consensus of s&b having medical certified vapes etc

I don't know, but not as sure of s&b as I used to be

The PLENTY is awesome to me!
I must have a different POV?
Is it due to the flavor so decent?

How long will we live?
Longer because I vape now instead of smoking

So in the same thought process I don't want to inhale poison if I can avoid it

Besides the whole false advertising of their products as medicinal devices if they are in fact off gassing chemicals....

With that mentality I may as well start smoking cigarettes again and puff up on the bongs like I used to

Even if I'm gonna die next month - I do enjoy the quality of life without combustion and so would rather die feeling good as opposed to painfully

I have had a Digit for 4 years now, I think, and now also have had a Hybrid for maybe three months

I do have some thoughts on the hybrid situation. If you think that any of them are in direct response to any of your prior posts, you are wrong. I am not picking up debate points from earlier in this thread, just sharing my POV which you may accept or reject as you see fit. Its all good, right?

1. S&B are incredibly delinquent in making a formal statement explicityly acknowledging and clarifying what appears to be two problems (AL oxide dust from chamber to unit interface and melting of the orange plastic) and outlining their plan and time line to correct. To me, there is absolutely no mitigating factors....they need a public release...and it ain't happened. The update to the manual does not satisfy this requirement, IMO.

2. Someone earlier pointed out that AL oxidizes on the surface almost immediately. This is absolutely true and true of many other metals also. But you can take ANY piece of non-coated AL, swab it with some ISO, and you will get grey residue. If you handle AL bar stock, you will have grey oxide residue on your fingers. If you swab almost any threaded metal to metal surfaces, you will get residue. I offer the Ti GH as an example and all of the things people do to keep these threads metal residue free as the case is part of the electrical path and must be kept pretty dang clean.

NOTE: I double checked and the metal parts in my Digit are SS. I can only assume that S&B went for AL to introduce the bit of conduction element as the heat transfer properties are much better for AL than SS.​

3. After a couple of months of use, I did swab my rings and I did get some grey residue. Not a lot, but there.

4. I have no scratches or galling of the metal as another poster on another board showed was happening to his. Just hasn't happened on mine....maybe yet or maybe just no. Dunno, but no scratches or galling.

5. I myself am not worried about the AL Oxide and I don't see it just blowing into the air stream. Not on my unit. I would certainly NOT want AL particles and slivers from scratching that we saw in that one poster's pics.

6. I have no char or melting of the orange plastic of the chamber. But, I don't use a chamber reducer and it seems, to a degree, to be related to the use of the reducer. In any case, I have no melting plastic at all. While not concerned about the AL oxide residue, particularly, melting plastic in the chamber is a total non-starter for me. Just I don't have any. I take the metal part out and all is good. No discoloration (perhaps yet) or charring (perhaps yet).

7. This may be a tough one to solve assuming that they are keeping the conduction portion of heating. This will require a contact surface between heater and chamber and I can't think of much that will transfer heat as effectively as AL, but I'm not a materials engineer. But even if made of SS, there will be metal to metal contact and hence metal to metal wear and hence some metal particulate creation.

8. It is for each and every one of us to make our own personal health decisions. To some of us, others seem...well, a bit of a hypochondriac. To others of us, some of us seem careless or blase about material issues. We each have to choose what perspective on material exposure we personally want to embrace and not try to convince others (on either side) our our rightness. Its just a personal decision and with that, I do plan to continue to use my Hybrid unless I see some degradation on my unit.

I hope this is helpful, its just my POV, and not an argument in support of S&B who, IMO, did not do their homework to completion before releasing this product. Pressure from Canopy, perhaps (or actually, most likely).

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back