Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

Thanks @felvapes. I'm thinking I'd like to try something with a whip. That's what caught my eye with the FC-UFO, it comes with whip and a glass stem.
Not a huge fan of whips myself
I like the idea of being able to sit back but like less silicone tubing and find they get sticky and smelly plus they grab a lot of vape on the way instead of my lungs...lol

But yer have seen some that look nice

Start with the shape/one you want now and careful of being bitten by the glassohol bug

I do not like whips attached to bongs they tend to jerk the glass off the table.
I do like a whip dry straight to my lsv..........I like that a LOT.
The thing about glass is each piece functions differently which makes using each piece a different experience.
Each vaporizer seems to work better or worse with different pieces.......for each person.
I use Dhgate a lot and never pay extra for shipping and rarely wait more than three weeks four max.
Just get what looks good to your eye I would recommend one big piece and one small piece to start with........lolz.

I do not like whips attached to bongs they tend to jerk the glass off the table.
I do like a whip dry straight to my lsv..........I like that a LOT.
The thing about glass is each piece functions differently which makes using each piece a different experience.
Each vaporizer seems to work better or worse with different pieces.......for each person.
I use Dhgate a lot and never pay extra for shipping and rarely wait more than three weeks four max.
Just get what looks good to your eye I would recommend one big piece and one small piece to start with........lolz.

Yup
Pretty much this

Thanks. I have no experience with whips so I appreciate the info. I suppose that's why I'm having trouble finding many options.
If you go with whips, be aware that silicone whips can get tacky and sticky. 7th Floor has great whip tubing. It's soft, flexible, cleans easily and comes in a rainbow of colors, and is inexpensive. @Vitolo has great videos on how to clean whips. I myself just put in a drop of dish soap, add water to tube, and holding each end slosh it back and forth, then rinse. My shop vac was destroyed, so I just spin it around in the air a few times so most of the water flies out. It makes more sense when you see a video. It only takes a minute to do the cleaning.
I was buying my glass at US online retailers, but after a recent disastrous purchase that looked like it had an incline inline, I decided to just go with DHGate in the future. Today might be the future that I dream of.
PHOTO_20190408_192735.jpg

Bad glass. Might as well go with DHGate from now on.
PHOTO_20190408_193812.jpg

Last edited:
That is most likely bad Dhgate glass you just paid a middleman for @Madri-Gal .
https://m.dhgate.com/product/recycl...06862.html#pdsimitem-1-5|null:109:r0708825622
pretty similar?
Exactly! I even considered this piece, but I had credit with the online middle guy, and hoped there would be additional quality control by Sabertooth and the seller. Nope. Even the sticker was put on crooked. The biggest, and I mean this- the biggest reason I don't go wild on DHGate is I find the site torture to navigate. And once I do find something I want, the seller isn't clear and I only want to shop from good sellers list. I did get a refund from the shop. Most of it was store credit, so I grabbed a couple of adapters and got out. This sold me on dhgate. If I'm going to have to fight for a refund, I don't want to pay extra for it.

Word of warning folks the 7th floor coloured whips are vinyl not food safe silicone. Not that there is anything wrong with it but i find FSS whips to be far softer & more neutral in flavour.

I use 7th floors whip hose for whips and as adapter sealers for my Arizer solo and air and like it much better than the lab grade silicone hose also.
Not as collapsible or sticky and much easier to keep cleaner longer.
I have zero actual factual knowledge of whether or not it off gasses or is a safety hazard in any way,shape or form.
I just kind of assumed Steve knew what he was doing when he went with it........perhaps a email to him is in order?

@Vitolo has great videos on how to clean whips.
While on this video, I remove the screen for cleaning.... I leave the screen in place on the standard hand held wand, and it comes out perfect!

I think I'm going to copy one of @LesPlenty's rigs to get started on my vape glass journey.
I like the concept of the diffusion pump so I'm going to order the FC Rattle Can.
Is the Cloud Buddy Y Adapter recommended over something like this Y Adapter? I can't see myself ever using 2 vapes at the same time but I like the glass carb cap.
I'll mainly be using Dynavaps for now. Are these 14/14 Adapters still recommended for holding VC tips?
I've got a couple DV fat mouthpieces already so I'll need 14mm female connectors. The Rattle Can has an 18mm connection. I'm guessing that I should put an 18/14 reducer on first and then get the Y adapters in 14mm? Will that be the best route to put all this together? Any particular 18/14 reducers needed to fit the RC?
I appreciate all info. Sorry for all the newbie questions. I try to research as much as I can but I've never been into glass very much so it's all kinda new to me. Thanks.

I think I'm going to copy one of @LesPlenty's rigs to get started on my vape glass journey.
I like the concept of the diffusion pump so I'm going to order the FC Rattle Can.
Is the Cloud Buddy Y Adapter recommended over something like this Y Adapter? I can't see myself ever using 2 vapes at the same time but I like the glass carb cap.
I'll mainly be using Dynavaps for now. Are these 14/14 Adapters still recommended for holding VC tips?
I've got a couple DV fat mouthpieces already so I'll need 14mm female connectors. The Rattle Can has an 18mm connection. I'm guessing that I should put an 18/14 reducer on first and then get the Y adapters in 14mm? Will that be the best route to put all this together? Any particular 18/14 reducers needed to fit the RC?
I appreciate all info. Sorry for all the newbie questions. I try to research as much as I can but I've never been into glass very much so it's all kinda new to me. Thanks.
I have both versions of the cloud buddy's you showed

I like them both, but tend to use the first link you shared with the right angles

I would get 18/14 gogs for your VC tips and 18 mm cloud buddy rather than the reducer

Better airflow from 18 and works well with the rattle can

I only use my 18/14 reducer with my Grasshopper

I have both versions of the cloud buddy's you showed

I like them both, but tend to use the first link you shared with the right angles

I would get 18/14 gogs for your VC tips and 18 mm cloud buddy rather than the reducer

Better airflow from 18 and works well with the rattle can

I only use my 18/14 reducer with my Grasshopper

14MM sucks in a bad way..........lolz.

Thanks! I've seen that mentioned before, probably by both of you. 18 mm it is.
I'll grab an 18/14 adapter for my DV fat mp's, too. I have a feeling I'll be adding more glass so I might as well start collecting adapters.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back