Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

I've always had trouble clearing big bongs but that's all I ever saw. I'm really looking forward to getting something smaller.

I like having options (spares) as I tend to break things. But I fought the temptation and decided to wait on the sidecar. I'll get to know the RC for awhile before adding to the collection. I'll just try to be REALLY careful.

Here's my current rig.

rig.jpg
That is nice glass, @Moses Baca . Very nice. I'm kind of hyperventilating here. Is that an Induction Heater? Where. Did. You. Get. That. ?!? That is exactly what I've been looking for! I love that. I know I'm on a No Buy, but that's for me. I think Madri-Guy needs an IH. I'm pretty sure he does. For him, my heart and wallet both are open.

The matrix sidecar is a must have, IMHO. I can't say it's a mistake to get one at a time. If I get more than one even close together, I end up favoring the first one I try and neglecting the second. Then I order something else, and forget the one I set aside. Since I'm on a No Buy, I'm pulling out my less used pieces, and finding I'm pretty happy with most of them.
When my Other Son moved in, he convinced me we needed a "house bong" and I bought a 17" straight tube. With him gone and me vaping, I don't need anything that big. I just kept ordering smaller and smaller pieces. My last piece was 5", and I love it. I'm glad I didn't move in the "bigger is better" direction.

I think the sidecar is not for everyone or everything. I don't like mine for dabs. Too close to the nail and drop downs dont work with out an extension. For a dynavap or an underdog it's nice. Lately though I have a real nice scratched piece about that size. :aaaaa:( Works great mom!)

I like big tubes for dabs. I have several in the 15-16" range. 2 from thick ass glass, one from the gate. Part of it is I use them on a low table. And part is I'm a big guy with big lungs. Not great lungs, lol, just big. I'm 6'6".

Last edited:
Lately though I have a real nice scratched piece about that size. :aaaaa:( Works great mom!)
I am so happy you like it. Just in case you didn't know, that's an M & M Tech piece. :smile:

@Madri-Gal here comes the enabling again... :uhoh: and I'm taking the thread off topic as well but... yes you do need an induction heater if you like Dynavap products. They make a world of difference imo.

Now bringing it back to glass...
I like big tubes for dabs. I have several in the 15-16" range.
Wow... that is big for dabbing. I don't like the tiny dab rigs that are only around 5 - 6" tall. I prefer something more like 8 - 10" But 15 - 16"... that's a lung full! :yikes:

That is nice glass, @Moses Baca . Very nice. I'm kind of hyperventilating here. Is that an Induction Heater? Where. Did. You. Get. That. ?!? That is exactly what I've been looking for! I love that. I know I'm on a No Buy, but that's for me. I think Madri-Guy needs an IH. I'm pretty sure he does. For him, my heart and wallet both are open.

Thanks, M-G. The induction heater is a Flux Deluxe. Yeah, we love it! It runs on 3 x 18650 batteries--plenty of power and just swap 'em out for a charged set when they die. There's a bit of a waiting list but well worth it IMHO.

@Pipes new Caldron has caught my eye. It's a home, plug-in IH--no batteries, tiny footprint, getting great reviews already. I'm leaning more towards the BB unit and building a nice wooden box, though.

I do not like either of my Matrix Sidecars with restrictive airflow vapes like the VapCap, Fury2, ArizerAir etc, it really shines with my free-flowing Plenty or Tera though!
As for IH, I still use my cheap arsed units with no problems, best $50 a Dynavap user could spend;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SJK-J28-3-Dental-lab-Equipment-Electronic-Sensor-Induction-Wax-Carving-Heater/253631008226?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
IMG_20180827_185943.jpg

Or even cheaper, half way down the page is an easy/cheap DIY that I am still using without problems;
https://vaporasylum.com/threads/dynavap-and-other-induction-heaters.651/page-2
img_20180928_153531-jpg.5046

I find it easier to just buy 1 or 2 things a week and try not to keep track of delivery dates to keep surprises arriving each week...GAS, VAS, TAS, LAS. SAS, BAS, IHAS and other made up acronyms.:thumbsup:
You are gunna like that rattle can.:biggrin::biggrin:
IMG_20190505_142100.jpg

I just can't bring myself to throw out this broken one even though I have a replacement on the shelf.

I find it easier to just buy 1 or 2 things a week and try not to keep track of delivery dates to keep surprises arriving each week...GAS, VAS, TAS, LAS. SAS, BAS, IHAS and other made up acronyms.:thumbsup:
View attachment 9251
I just can't bring myself to throw out this broken one even though I have a replacement on the shelf.
I like the way you think! :headbang: :clap: :headbang:

Last edited:
View attachment 9251
I had this going for a good while
Been trying to save a bit lately and the packages slowed down then stopped for the last few months
The postman knew me well, now he probably thinks I'm dead....lol

That is what I meant @arb, not all bongs, little bity purchases from far off lands.:thumbsup:

I had lots of different things in the post all the time
Just seemed to have stopped
Lol... we noticed! For a while there you were showing off new glass every day. :dog:

I think it just gets to a saturation point after a while. There are only so many tried and true styles and once you have them all... where do you go? You wait for that 'one piece' that sparks your interest again.

I have no doubt that, in your case, it will happen again though.... there will be a piece that beckons... no doubt about it. :biggrin:

Lol... we noticed! For a while there you were showing off new glass every day. :dog:

I think it just gets to a saturation point after a while. There are only so many tried and true styles and once you have them all... where do you go? You wait for that 'one piece' that sparks your interest again.

I have no doubt that, in your case, it will happen again though.... there will be a piece that beckons... no doubt about it. :biggrin:

There's still some glass I want
Just saving
I had different things of all.sorts not just glass coming in for a while

Soon I will buy some new things...
Kids have been draining the wallet lately too...

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back