Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

I buy the more basic 'models' of Chinese glass from somebody in the US who themselves bought a bulk of them off of a DHgate seller. (Hopefully at a bulk discount. I presume). Nice when you can see close up pics beforehand.

Got the 2018 DO20 single perc from Ebay US. But there are a lot of sketchy sellers and Ebay has/had a weird restrictive policy on selling 'bongs'. So someone will say pretend to be a US seller and place your order thru China. OR they disappear entirely. Ebay's refund policy has saved me from being fully ripped off.

Been dryvaping mostly with my EVO. Finishing off the last of the ELB with water. So something that has low restriction, but can fill a chamber with thicker vapor before uncarbing. :ko: But I would like a duel matrix for water at some point.

Did get a Lynx from VXL at a discount. They have sales almost every month it seems. If someone wanted to prepare for a 20% sale.
I 'm the worst to ask!
GAS is my problem!

Dhgate usually however I like SHELDON's direct or USLABS?
Planetvapes a few.
The SMOKE SHOP by my house as well.

Ebay you need 2 b-careful.

Updating: received my new rig today, and it is a beauty.
Is it the Thickass Glass one you linked to above, if it is, does the wigwam mouthpiece stop water from hitting your lips? A picture would be nice, a video with it being milked would be even better, cheeky of me to ask for video as I cannot upload them myself!

Too true, I received one piece that had the joint so low it is near useless. I think the old saying of getting what you paid for even applies to DHGate, some sellers have a better rep than others and their prices are a tiny fraction higher than less established sellers. I wish I had access to a decent bong shop, it would be nice to see what you are buying.:thumbsup:

I hear you on that mate. Nothing worse than taking a punt on a $300+ piece & realising after the fact that it is not as suitable as you thought but being stuck with it. Also the shops out here cater for Orchy bottle/hosepipe savages. Hell I have friends who smoke that refuse to be gifted some of my old tubes because they are too fancy :disgust:.

If *THIS* is China glass, they should be proud...

The first run China glass is close to perfect. Great welds, evenly spaced & cut percs with flame polishing & very consistent thickness. Well made glass is well made glass regardless of what country it is made in. Where China glass does fall short is with the more complex percs like matrix style ones. This is simply because the return on investment is substantially lower compared to the risk of ruining/breaking the perc. I have no doubt the better Chinese glass shops could make any perc desired but it is a business for them & the time it takes to make a perfect matrix perc you can make ten showerhead ones & China glass no matter how well produced will never command the same prices as US glass.

I have friends who smoke that refuse to be gifted some of my old tubes because they are too fancy :disgust:.
I have a friend the same, I wanted to give him a piece that I have 2 of and he said `too fancy', then showed me an acrylic bong with an aluminium stem and bowl and said this cheap one I got locally for AU$75 is what I bring out on special occasions, the sidecar one I was going to gift him are less than that.:disgust:

Crying shame isn't it. I have offered three or four good sized smoking pieces to my friend & she still smokes out of an Agung. It is really crazy to me. All smokers should have a 12-14" tube with a removable downstem. All vapers should have a sidecar bubbler of some description.

The one piece of glass I cannot live without is my SOL sidecar. Absolutely flawless & the perfect daily driver.

We were talking AU$, so it is US$215 brand new from the Aussie seller, so by the time @EveryDayAmnesiac added his postage and handling it would be about the same, not to mention the distance it would have to travel without being broken.

I liked it when our dollar was the same as US a few years back, ah the good ol days!

I have no doubt the better Chinese glass shops could make any perc desired but it is a business for them & the time it takes to make a perfect matrix perc you can make ten showerhead ones & China glass no matter how well produced will never command the same prices as US glass.
Also the number of slits in a matrix perc from china might be less for the model it's trying to clone. Like say a Mobius.
Ebay you need 2 b-careful.
Indeed. There are also some regular reputable sellers that have a stock of certain glass. More so with adapters and lab glass. (and hookahs? Tons of cheap hookahs.)

For me EVO glass is the middle of the road option. Thick, made to fit with a vaporizer (so there is a spec for that) , and I presume 1000's were made. And the price range.

I might get another lab glass option. In the $30 range, easy to clean with my downstems.

https://ozbongs.com.au/sol-lace-perc-side-car.html?category_id=160
That does look nice, I have been trying to keep to 18mm, $299 plus freight is a lot compared to everything I have, is it worth the extra moola?

The lace perc is really suited to vaping & I find it my unicorn perc. It is perfect for vaping & worth every penny to me. Others may see it as overpriced for essentially clear glass? Are you clumsy? Have you broken much glass? Say it costs you $320 to get it delivered & you use it every day for a year that is $1 a day. I am the wrong guy to ask about this as I can rationalise any purchase especially if it is amortized over time.

I can rationalise any purchase especially if it is amortized over time.
I have my 12 month giving up tobacco and combustion anniversary around grand final day so I put it into packs of smokes kind of thing and so it is actually less than 5 packs of tobacco, it was about AU$70 for a 50gram(2oz)pouch of roll your own the last time I purchased any.
So, for my 12 month anniversary I thought a nice bong(I like clear, functional) and a custom Ed`s TNT WS to go on it would be nice. :thumbsup:
Holy crap, I just ran the numbers and my tobacco addiction was costing AU$5460 or US$3944 a year.:disgust:

Smokes are a killer out here. I am at the 4 week mark again in my ongoing battle to kick ciggies. I smoked 20-30 a day & it was costing me $200 a week :yikes:. Vaping a 1/4 a week is cost effective by comparison.

Is it the Thickass Glass one you linked to above, if it is, does the wigwam mouthpiece stop water from hitting your lips? A picture would be nice, a video with it being milked would be even better, cheeky of me to ask for video as I cannot upload them myself!
Yes it is...unfortunately, I have no idea when I will have the necessaries, so I haven’t even put water into it yet.
It currently rests in a secluded nook :homersimpson:

@momofthegoons does @mvapes still sand blast?
I want to send something to him?
BENDER from a cartoon I like!

Hey buddy, hope your well. I am still blasting and cartoons are my favorite thing to do . I think bender would look great on a piece!

Hit me up in pm and let's chat.

Btw, all vapor asylum members get a 20% discount on our work.

I hope to hear from you soon @ataxian

Sigh... I thought I was 'over it' yesterday but apparently I've woken up with a renewed sense of 'want' and have been scoping out new glass.....

I need to get something that @mvapes can doll up for me... :razz2: I've been wanting him to do something new for me for a while now. Lol... since I don't have any ink, this is my version of getting a new tattoo. :lol:

So the hunt is on. Suggestions welcome lol...

Btw, all vapor asylum members get a 20% discount on our work.
Fabulous! Thanks mvapes! :biggrin:

So the hunt is on. Suggestions welcome lol...
This one would give a lot of room for art work plus it works great!
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-16-5cm-height-glass-bong-based-water/233447446.html
saml-glass-25.5cm-tall-glass-bong-headshow-perc-bongs-thick-oil-rigs-high-quality-glass-water-pipes-joint-size-18.8mm-pg5034(fc-ufo).jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. :smile: Is this the one you got recently? It looks like it's nice and sturdy. I don't see ever using the whip with it personally... and the removable mouthpiece makes me a little nervous. It's one more thing I could break...

I noticed in the comments that one customer said that the mouthpiece glass isn't as thick. Did you find that to be the case?

My only other hesitation is that I already have two bubblers that have a similar can and perc. And wouldn't mind something a bit different; although those are two of my most used bubblers.

They actually supplied translucent silicon tube, not that rubber looking stuff, but it still stank.:uhoh: The mouth piece is small compared to the rest of the rig. I only use it occasionally with multi vapes and/or my Plenty as it is very stable and has very low restriction. I use food grade silicon sourced from elsewhere for the whip.
I like the modularity of it, I can swap mouthpieces around and if 1 piece breaks it is easy to replace parts.
All that being said, my favorite at the moment is the FC-Mod as it can be pulled apart and cleaned each night in the dishwasher and comes out like new, no ISO or PBW, I rarely use the ashcatcher that comes with it(that will change when I get some keck clips so I can use it with a j-hook.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back