Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

Well it came.... and it has conquered.
IMG_4623.jpg

Holy crap... this thing is solid. And heavy. Of all the cheap stuff I've gotten from Stevenlmz79, this is the most heavy duty piece I've received. The piece is advertised as being a smidge over 10 inches but in truth it is a solid 11 inches tall. The base alone is 1/2 inch thick. Seems like everything is functioning like it should, although one slit in the bottom matrix perc seems to fire more than the others. No restriction at all; in fact I feel like a bit of a wimp hitting it. So far I'm not spotting any leaks like the last piece I got from him. I'd say the only weak spot is the downstem. They also advertise it for as an oil rig but, imo, no way. Too little restriction and too much 'air' in the hit. But it's good for vaping flower and for the price I paid, I'm happy. :smile:

Obligatory function vid clip.... hit the Instagram link for the video. I'm using it with my SSV.

Nice looking piece @momofthegoons and nice feedback/report

I am at the gate again tonight....trying to choose between one of these two recyclers (cant decide) or a rattle can

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017...648334377062408#cppd-6-5|null:103:r0573751628

new-design-glass-bongs-half-fab-egg-shape-dab-oil-rigs-14.5mm-male-joint-recycler-cube-perc-purple-water-pipes-with-banger.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/bisc...7584274.html?skuid=455553705794482176#ctabBox

recycler-bong-quartz-banger-water-pipe-heady-bongs-glass-pipes-dab-rig-wax-oil-rigs-smoking-accessories-bubbler-hookah.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2016...glass/371413550.html#s1-0-1b;searl|2831132901

saml-glass-21cm-tall-glass-bongs-glass-smoking-pipes-diffusion-pump-with-ball-joint-size-18.8mm-pg5030(fc-rattle-can).jpg

My sidecar matrix mobius from Steven got a crack today

I was rushing the cooldown after washing and cold water made it crack along the bottom inside

I cant feel the crack on the outside of the glass and it does not leak...but it will need replacing I think before or in case it grows....

My fault....oh well, thanks to china glass I can afford to replace it later

For now I have to make a decision on some new glass toys...

Damn, bad luck with he sidecar, glass= consumable, I just broke my new 14-18mm Gong so I ordered another 2. I have the rattle can on order, that and the other 2 you listed look like a cleaning nightmare, might have to get some PBW.
I really like the swirling action of those recyclers, demonstration videos are great for GAS hey?

I am at the gate again tonight....trying to choose between one of these two recyclers (cant decide) or a rattle can
I'm not sure why we can't download and post images from DHGate... and have asked my IT guy. The error I get says there are too many characters in the url... so maybe we can make an adjustment on our end.

Those are some nice choices. I wouldn't be as concerned about cleaning though... You wont be able to dishwasher them (lol) but putting them in a bucket to soak would work. I'd try something like Simple Green before the PBW though since the PBW can give you white discoloration almost like etching in spots. I only use it in 'worst case' scenarios and to clean my quartz nails.

Sorry to hear about your sidecar.....

Damn, bad luck with he sidecar, glass= consumable, I just broke my new 14-18mm Gong so I ordered another 2. I have the rattle can on order, that and the other 2 you listed look like a cleaning nightmare, might have to get some PBW.
I really like the swirling action of those recyclers, demonstration videos are great for GAS hey?

Glass = consumable when rushing for sure....lol

Yes the videos are great for GAS :shakehead:

I'm not sure why we can't download and post images from DHGate... and have asked my IT guy. The error I get says there are too many characters in the url... so maybe we can make an adjustment on our end.

Those are some nice choices. I wouldn't be as concerned about cleaning though... You wont be able to dishwasher them (lol) but putting them in a bucket to soak would work. I'd try something like Simple Green before the PBW though since the PBW can give you white discoloration almost like etching in spots. I only use it in 'worst case' scenarios and to clean my quartz nails.

Sorry to hear about your sidecar.....

Ah so you cannot see the pics I posted?

@LesPlenty
Yes cleaning maybe needing soaking, but if we get enough of them due to GAS you can just soak and switch rigs.....lol
I aslo saw you link the rattle a while ago and thought I need one

I am just having trouble choosing between a recycler and the rattle tonight
The "tornado" action is enticing though

I have this one on the way already too.....GAS sucks as much as it satisfies.... well sucks the wallet anyway....
https://www.dhgate.com/product/barr...s-oil/380312772.html#s1-6-1b;searl|2676812783

unique-barrel-perc-glass-bong-honeycomb-perc-recycler-oil-rig-9-inch-water-pipes-clear-bongs-14.5mm-female-joint-dab-rigs-wp143.jpg

I was hoping someone may help my indecisiveness, but no, you all just appreciate the same choices and say they all nice....

I had that much down...lol

only kidding....it is the way of the GASsers

I like the look of that pork barrel you have on order, it sure looks different to anything I have seen, I suppose it is a knockoff of something, I sure do like the different look of it, no function video.:cry:....until we see yours:thumbsup:
edit; what option did you pick, the one with;
1 pcs carp cab
:rofl:I love the Chinese translations and on a lot of the videos the guy always says;
very smooth, no splash at the end.

I like the look of that pork barrel you have on order, it sure looks different to anything I have seen, I suppose it is a knockoff of something, I sure do like the different look of it, no function video.:cry:....until we see yours:thumbsup:
Yes I assume a knockoff but had not seen anything like it either
I looked for a video too
I reckon it looks pretty deadly (very good for OS readers) too.....be interesting to see the action when it arrives.....

I am still having a hard time choosing between the tornado recycler or rattle can

I might make some slug juice while I think.....

Very smooth, no splash.
I can only say that I will let you know if the rattler is a go or not after I get it.
edit; I like 18mm female joints

Very smooth, no splash.
I can only say that I will let you know if the rattler is a go or not after I get it.
edit; I like 18mm female joints
I have to agree I prefer 18 mm female joints also

I am willing to make the 14mm sacrifice for the barrel one I have coming as it looks so cool

The male tornado I would have to get an adapter to make it female I think

EDIT: So, I decided to go with this tornado - only as I couldn't decide and thought when @LesPlenty you get your rattle can you can review if it is good I will grab then and if it shit you can tell me

And like wise I can let you know how it goes

Also on FC someone said they had the other tornado and it was a bit restrictive for them....

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017-new-design-half-fab-egg-shape-24cm-tall/395553892.html

I do not like the joint on this one but I got this adapter which I think will work well with the enail when arrives also
I got a 14mm - 18mm female to female

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017-n-shape-smoking-accessories-glass-adapter/397662536.html

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1630645...99&_trkparms=gh1g=I163064533567.N36.S2.R1.TR3

These look interesting too.....

Last edited:
:cursing::rant::disgust:I will be ordering another FC-MOD today as I just knocked mine off my workshop bench:scream::doh:(at least the cleisen and mouthpiece did not break) I have asked if they can supply it with 2x headshow percs instead of sending another matrix, had to happen to the dearest bong I own, still less than a pack of smokes though, thank heavens for DHGate. :thumbsup:

:cursing::rant::disgust:I will be ordering another FC-MOD today as I just knocked mine off my workshop bench:scream::doh:(at least the cleisen and mouthpiece did not break) I have asked if they can supply it with 2x headshow percs instead of sending another matrix, had to happen to the dearest bong I own, still less than a pack of smokes though, thank heavens for DHGate. :thumbsup:
See.... this is why I'm real hesitant to buy 'nice' glass. I break shit constantly. I've had two of my nicer pieces repaired.. at $75 a pop each time. Shit... I have a couple really, really nice pieces I'm afraid to use the way I break stuff.

I'm sorry LesPlenty... breaking glass sucks. Especially favorite pieces. :disgust:

I have my trusty D020-d to fall back on, the FC-MOD only beats it because of the ease of maintenance.:thumbsup:

IMG_20180921_182301.jpg

alina0086 got this to Montana in under two weeks for less than $30.00.
Flawless performance and I cannot find a single bubble or issue regards build.
Smacked it over hard on the marble table.........thought I broke it for sure but happy to say zero chipping,cracking or leaking

I found some silicon hose and cobbled together a Frankenbong, the body is my Sheldon Black knockoff that I did not like, my broken down stem is now adjustable thanks to the hose and I used a short length of silicon(Plenty hose) to fit my Vapcap at the end of a male 18mm GonG.
IMG_20180924_135655.jpg

Will keep me going until my replacement arrives. :smilie-devil:

Oh no mate

Hope I didn't send the curse down south n over the water when I cracked my sidecar...

Nice fix though mate :thumbsup:

Well it came.... and it has conquered.
View attachment 4947

Holy crap... this thing is solid. And heavy. Of all the cheap stuff I've gotten from Stevenlmz79, this is the most heavy duty piece I've received. The piece is advertised as being a smidge over 10 inches but in truth it is a solid 11 inches tall. The base alone is 1/2 inch thick. Seems like everything is functioning like it should, although one slit in the bottom matrix perc seems to fire more than the others. No restriction at all; in fact I feel like a bit of a wimp hitting it. So far I'm not spotting any leaks like the last piece I got from him. I'd say the only weak spot is the downstem. They also advertise it for as an oil rig but, imo, no way. Too little restriction and too much 'air' in the hit. But it's good for vaping flower and for the price I paid, I'm happy. :smile:

Obligatory function vid clip.... hit the Instagram link for the video. I'm using it with my SSV.

HI Mom - yeah, nice function vid. Looks like a nicely made heavy piece but I see what you mean about the down stem....sort of looks a bit more frail and added on.

I have been buying 14 to 18mm male GonG adapters and just hoping a Vapcap tip will fit in the 14mm end to use with my WoodScents. They usually cost about 5-8 bucks each. I have found the following;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/manu...4-5mm/213619561.html?skuid=482351147603554308
6 for the price of one! As we all know, glass is a consumable, I just hope a couple will work, got some diamond drill bits coming that will help the ones that don't.:thumbsup:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back