Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Your top vaporizers as of today

So that's a gen 2, 3, and 4 there right...???
Nearly got the set... I only have gen 2 and 4 tips..
My top vapes are..
  1. Evo...
  2. Vapcaps...
  3. Solo...
Gotta say though.. I'm intrigued by the woodscents.. need to investigate more, unless anyone fancies giving me a rough idea of what its all about here...???

I think the evo is the solo of desktops, and will stay "up there" for a few more years...

View attachment 1438
You must be a grower?

EVO
NANO
SOLO
MFLB my first 6 month's of vaporizing. (SOLO replaced it.)
These are the ones I use the most!
Having said that I have way more in storage.
The VCAP I want to hide in my garden. (MISSED THE SALE)

Last edited:
Mine have somewhat changed.

Concentrates (Plug-in):
The D-nail Sapphire halo still gets the crown for me for concentrate use if you don't mind AC power.

The Ligers are nice, but the higher price and the glacial (even if that service is IME as friendly as it is slow!) customer service and issues with the sapphire polished finish leaving imperfections in the vitrified sapphire leading to cracks (a number of others have reported it, I've seen this multiple examples personally) prevent me from recommending them unless you really must have a banger for some reason.

In either case, for a plug-in concentrate vaporizer, I'd only recommend a SiC (cheaper and more durable but less tasty than sapphire) or Sapphire (much more expensive, less durable, much tastier) nail.

Concentrates (Torch w/ bubbler):
D-nail SiC halo if you do incredibly large .25-5g dabs (before we all start on weedtubers taking unreasonably large dabs, we should probably remember that some patients with terrible suffering may medicate in these measures as well!).

For those of us who dab in much smaller measures, drop uptemp torch tek with a D-nail v1 Sapphire Insert on any compatible titanium nail (except for the titanium halo, I find that the insert works better for drop uptemp use if the nail more closely encapsulates the sapphire insert with greater conduction):

Smear your dab over one side of the sapphire insert and torch the nail as you would for a dab directly on the titanium surface. After allowing a slightly shorter cooldown time than you would if you dabbed directly on the nail, place the sapphire insert onto the already hot nail. Immediately cap and inhale. You'll find better flavor using torch + sapphire in this way than with SiC!

Concentrates (Portable):

For a long time, I championed the Vapcap (VC)/Omnivap for concentrate use. I still use it from time to time, and as always, strongly recommend it along with the stainless steel concentrate pads reshaped to fit the VC for concentrate users on a budget.

However, for those with the change to spare, the Firefly 2 is actually a better portable concentrate vaporizer. The reason is simple. One can avoid overheating their concentrate by setting the temp on the FF2 (the VC will overheat if you torch it too long, of course), it works in loud, busy environments where I can't hear the click on a VC and while the FF2 is bigger than the VC, it is still more convenient for discreet portable use than anything with a torch lighter for my needs. The FF2 is also incredibly expensive as a portable concentrate vaporizer goes, however.

For those on a lower budget, get a Vapcap M, some stainless steel mesh and if you can afford the extra spend, a @Pipes induction heater should make it easier to avoid overheating and get more consistent results without needing to use a torch. If your concentrates are not especially delicious to begin with and you don't mind overheating the VC route is a no-brainer and the FF2 spend is likely to be unjustifiable.

You'll note the conspicuous absence of concentrate pens here. That is because I don't recommend them at all as I've yet to be fully satisfied with one! :peace:

All I've been using recently is the Flowerpot. :idon'tknow:

That is the one vape that intrigues me. Having no concentrate access I wouldn't get best use out of it but from all reports this is the top dog for vaping.

@Kellya86 I expect @momofthegoons could advise on the differences between the Wood Scent & Evo. I can say on a personal level I have zero regrets choosing the WS over the Evo & it is still my DD.

@Kellya86 I expect @momofthegoons could advise on the differences between the Wood Scent & Evo. I can say on a personal level I have zero regrets choosing the WS over the Evo & it is still my DD.
Well.... I do have both. :biggrin: And they are different animals. With the WoodScents you can microdose much easier. The draw is more restricted. But @Kellya86 is used to that draw from his Vapcaps. So that wouldn't be an issue. There is a slight taste difference if you use a wooden stem vs a glass stem. And that is where Kelly may find the greatest difference; besides the airiness of the EVO hit. Another big difference is that the WS can be left on 24/7 so it's always ready to rock. But that's a convenience perk rather than a performance plus.

I find myself more attracted to the WS on a daily basis and rarely use my EVO.

Lol.... I'm just waking up. Did any of that make sense? :dog:

Well.... I do have both. :biggrin: And they are different animals. With the WoodScents you can microdose much easier. The draw is more restricted. But @Kellya86 is used to that draw from his Vapcaps. So that wouldn't be an issue. There is a slight taste difference if you use a wooden stem vs a glass stem. And that is where Kelly may find the greatest difference; besides the airiness of the EVO hit. Another big difference is that the WS can be left on 24/7 so it's always ready to rock. But that's a convenience perk rather than a performance plus.

I find myself more attracted to the WS on a daily basis and rarely use my EVO.

Lol.... I'm just waking up. Did any of that make sense? :dog:

Perfect sense, but what i honestly want to know is, can it deliver a lungbusting dense hit, and does is taste as good as the evo..????

That's pretty much my criteria...

can it deliver a lungbusting dense hit, and does is taste as good as the evo..????
The WS can absolutely deliver a lung busting hit. Now taste.... that is sort of subjective. I've always enjoyed using log vapes and also like the slight taste a wooden stem can impart to a toke. However, not everyone does. I think the glass stem negates that issue with direct draw. Using a bubbler does the same even though the WonG is made of wood.

I've been meaning to do a comparison video of the two for a while now. I'll see if I can find time this weekend to do that and you can see the size of the hits. :biggrin:

Perfect sense, but what i honestly want to know is, can it deliver a lungbusting dense hit, and does is taste as good as the evo..????

I use the EVO a lot.
Maybe because of the EBL'S?

I want a VCAP to hide in my garden.
@Kellya86 has one so they must be outstanding?

3lJj2Ea.jpg

TODAY I use what I have?
This setup it not bad?

There is a slight taste difference if you use a wooden stem vs a glass stem.

Reading that made me finally add a couple of extra O rings to a Ti tip & insert into a WS GonG.

9b7ws5B.jpg

The results are impressive. Much less restriction than using a WonG & condenser set up due to the more open air path. I am really liking it as I seem to get bigger one hit extractions.

If you can outpace the WS heater & tip capacity with a single rip I take my hat off to you sir :clap: :worship2: :cheers:. Lord knows I certainly try & get close but :ko:. The thing that turns me off the Evo is I like getting home from work, switching my WS on & then it is ready whenever I am ready & hets switched off at bedtime. You just can't do that with the Evo. One other thing is I don't like making big loads like the Evo baskets. I prefer to have 1-3 packed stems back to back so I still have 5-9 huge rips anyways.

One thing I find is the WS has pretty much cured any VAS. I may get a portable on demand electric but that will be out of boredom. It has been my daily driver for 8 months & I work it hard. Even if it died I would replace it with another anyways.

There are a bunch of vapes that interest me but the tradeoff is not worth it. The Flower Pot looks awesome, awesome & burny. Same with the Glass Symphony XLR but add in breaky to the burny part. All I want is for a unit to be durable & deliver a stream of hot air to my weed consistently. The WS does that in spades & it is designed so even if I break all my glass parts I still have multiple wood parts that I can & do use.

This is one vape that @ataxian needs to get. No glassy to breaky if you like mate. Just CIVILIZED vaping & Mellow vibes without fear of breaking GonG's.
[/FONT]

Reading that made me finally add a couple of extra O rings to a Ti tip & insert into a WS GonG.

9b7ws5B.jpg

The results are impressive. Much less restriction than using a WonG & condenser set up due to the more open air path. I am really liking it as I seem to get bigger one hit extractions.

If you can outpace the WS heater & tip capacity with a single rip I take my hat off to you sir :clap: :worship2: :cheers:. Lord knows I certainly try & get close but :ko:. The thing that turns me off the Evo is I like getting home from work, switching my WS on & then it is ready whenever I am ready & hets switched off at bedtime. You just can't do that with the Evo. One other thing is I don't like making big loads like the Evo baskets. I prefer to have 1-3 packed stems back to back so I still have 5-9 huge rips anyways.

One thing I find is the WS has pretty much cured any VAS. I may get a portable on demand electric but that will be out of boredom. It has been my daily driver for 8 months & I work it hard. Even if it died I would replace it with another anyways.

There are a bunch of vapes that interest me but the tradeoff is not worth it. The Flower Pot looks awesome, awesome & burny. Same with the Glass Symphony XLR but add in breaky to the burny part. All I want is for a unit to be durable & deliver a stream of hot air to my weed consistently. The WS does that in spades & it is designed so even if I break all my glass parts I still have multiple wood parts that I can & do use.

This is one vape that @ataxian needs to get. No glassy to breaky if you like mate. Just CIVILIZED vaping & Mellow vibes without fear of breaking GonG's.
[/FONT]
I was going to say a joke, however kine of offensive?

Sometimes I can be unbearable! (just kidding)!

I will make my own vaporizer.
HEAT source, path, H2O ADAPTER, case (composite) = CHEAP & safe = CIVILIZED

GLASS break's (thank's @Baron23)

I was going to say a joke, however kine of offensive?

I come from a country where you call your mates something & a something mate. We don't offend easily :wave:.

I will make my own vaporizer.
HEAT source, path, H2O ADAPTER, case (composite) = CHEAP & safe = CIVILIZED

GLASS break's (thank's @Baron23)

Now that sounds cool. I will also echo the sentiments expressed that you MUST get a VapCap. That with a Pipes heater will be game changing for your vape life bro. A couple of VC M's, some silicone tubing & a couple of 18.8mm or 14.5mm whip gongs will sort you right out. Do it!

NBG3enf.jpg

Last edited:

I come from a country where you call your mates cunt & a cunt mate. We don't offend easily :wave:.

Now that sounds cool. I will also echo the sentiments expressed that you MUST get a VapCap. That with a Pipes heater will be game changing for your vape life bro. A couple of VC M's, some silicone tubing & a couple of 18.8mm or 14.5mm whip gongs will sort you right out. Do it!
Our family had two factories in OZ. (MELBORNE and SYDNEY)
I have family there as well! (SUNSHINE COAST to NOOSA)
Many friend's are from the GOLD COAST! (all surfer's)
MARGRET RIVER has great surf and wine!

We meet in TAHITI (netural)

Back in da 70's in HAWAII the OZZIES could drink a lot more than anybody else?
CALIFORNIAN'S smoked pot with HAWAIIAN'S.

PEOPLE from down under drink alcohol like there is no limit?
sI5PmeW.jpg

MAYBE it's a CULTURAL thing?

Last edited:
Right now my go to vapes would be...
For group at home- volcano by storz&bickel
For group on the go- crafty by storz&bickel
For solo at home- hydro brick maxx by stickybrick labs
For solo on the go- omnivong by dynavap
And my current new to the line up vapes are the Argo by arizer and the square pro by haze so they're getting a lot of play lately

I've gone through a whole swack of vapes over the past few years. I've discovered that, for me, it's less about fancy and finesse than it is about maximizing meds. The bulk of my medicating is edibles now, either sublingual oil, or even a scoop of dry sift into morning coffee, and vape as required. My fave vapes for the past year or so have been simple: on/off switch, user replaceable battery, and rugged enough to take abuse. Abuse ranges from desktop tips to drops. One time I drove over one, but thats a different story. Anyhoo my fave portables include RBTs Zion and Milaana, as well as the new addition of the Mystvape Touch 2. Dynavap is also a fave, but it tends to be a desktop vape for me due to the 2 handed operation. Desktops include a fully loaded Heat Island log vape, as well as a MiniVAP, neither of which get as much use as they should. There's also an Arizer Extreme Q on the shelf, missing a power supply. Those are quite good desktop vapes provided you have a lot of herb to go through. There are many others who are no longer in circulation for various reasons - mainly because they've failed or didn't stand up to 'normal' operating conditions.

I have resurrected my Volcano Digit lately.

I used to run it at 385 with maybe a bump for a last bag.

Now, .25 - .3 in the easy valve, temp to 446, pull one solid milk bag with ten or so solid milk hits, then pull one more much lighter bag for a clean up.

I vape almost exclusively at night a bit prior to bedtime for sedation and pain....and man, while not an efficient use of flower, this approach hits like a Louisville Slugger.

Cheers

I have resurrected my Volcano Digit lately.

I used to run it at 385 with maybe a bump for a last bag.

Now, .25 - .3 in the easy valve, temp to 446, pull one solid milk bag with ten or so solid milk hits, then pull one more much lighter bag for a clean up.

I vape almost exclusively at night a bit prior to bedtime for sedation and pain....and man, while not an efficient use of flower, this approach hits like a Louisville Slugger.

Cheers
I was trying to stay away!
DA EVO 4 now during day!
M 4 joint like!
SOLO in our TV room.
Whatever you need?
MINIVAP only 1 x 420 = CIVILIZED very tasty?

My top vape for today and every day since I got it is the Ed`s TNT WoodScents with a GonG adapter and a variable power supply;
IMG_20180814_153905.jpg

As above except I have swapped Ed`s WonG to GonG ;
IMG_20180919_151150.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back