Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Good question!
Maybe an IH??
I have been asking and asking Dyna WTF their IH is with no real answer.

I have been a VC'er since the glass OGs of which I still have a few.

Frankly, I could care less about the big reveal of yet another wood VonG.

Just me but I believe that the key to DV expanding their market and completing their ecosystem is a DV sold IH...maybe even with a UL cert, right?

Something bought from a reasonably established company with professional design/engineering, organic CS, with significant financial and human resources.

Now, I applaud all of the DYI and small craft businesses that pop up in the vape universe and it seems that for people like us who haunt vape boards, this is great.

But the fastest expanding demographic for MJ is older MMJ patients, many of which do NOT have a background in MJ at all or if they did they still aren't coming on to vape boards, may not be at all enthused about butane power vapes with hot torch lighters, and will not go through the process of creating an account, and ordering via PM, and then waiting maybe 4 months for their device from a one man, part time business that may not be there to service their purchase six months from now.

I have a Lucid IH. I like it. I can see a lot of room for improvement in it and other IH being bandied about on forums. An IH has def moved the VC up on the position depth chart and I believe would do so for many, many others and enhance DV's market significantly.

He needs to contract out a good design and manufacturing. IMO it needs good battery capacity as well as the ability to work plugged (pass through charging??). It needs a solid enclosure, an on/off switch, a separate depress to activate coil switch in the coil, and just really rugged build quality. I'm not a design engineer. Program/project manager in high tech by trade before retiring. But I have a hard time seeing a good IH design being that hard as all of the subassemblies and parts are out ther and there are many, many existing IH applications in kitchen appliances and the like. No real research need, I think.

Well, that's me on my soapbox......George, get on the stick, boy! ;-) haha

@Baron23 my fault. I just checked and they make both rayon and cotton, stuck the wrong picture in the post.
Aye man, that's nothing compared to some of my epic cock ups!! haha

Still LOVING my Piggie VC that I won on this site. Just love it but I think I need a new cap as this one doesn't click anymore. Out of about 6-8 caps I have owned, this is the first to fail like this. No biggie, need to order some other stuff to so....

Phattpiggie stem and Ti Tip.jpg

Has anyone tried the Mistvape The Beast vapcap 510 mod heater, I thought it might interest @ataxian, the $150 price tag is a bit rich for my liking though as it is just a kanthal wire coil in a wooden enclosure,
1566278506007.png

1566278527453.png

1566278547523.png

@LesPlenty, Been following this for a bit and yea I agree, price is too high for what it is.
still this 'beast' is a good option for on the go capping, on another note,
been using the Dyna Coil moderately all week and noticed a considerably amount of reclaim oozing down my DD V2 stem, heating with IH in horizontal positioning using only a grain of rice size for the loads, hits are flavorful, smooth. I exhaust through about 5-6 hits per cycle before it starts to lose flavor, then reload. I'm thinking if the cap heats in a normal vertical position and pull on the stem in a downward fashion less reclaim will build up down stem and clean up wont be as tedious.

Has anyone tried the Mistvape The Beast vapcap 510 mod heater, I thought it might interest @ataxian, the $150 price tag is a bit rich for my liking though as it is just a kanthal wire coil in a wooden enclosure,
View attachment 12250
View attachment 12251
View attachment 12252
$10 would be a fair price?

$10 would be a fair price?
Only to the consumer, I thought about $75 would have been fair, $150. I could get a nice IH for that.!

Anyone here use the Dynacoil much? Worth getting for Rosin consumption?

OK, I will get one!
I think it's worth having a VapCap dedicated to rosin because of reclaim.
Should not be a problem, 14mm male GonG then an IH or WoodScents to cook it.
Australian Vaporizers are out of stock so I will wait for a free postage deal again from Dynavap.

Is the dynacoil better than the rayon/cotton/hemp fibre?

debatable, been switching the coil in favor of cotton and find it quick, easy, less mess, can also pre load a few on the go, I'm still not getting those clouds like PP, however if you try using the dip n sip technique he suggests with the IH paired with an SS tip it gets nice and hot. All in all I would suggest to at least try the coil for yourself its $ is decent, but not necessary.
@phattpiggie
is that the coveted Trifecta? cloud city!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back